Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2067184 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2021
olopan:
@en0uwem

Sorry you still going through the hassle of your installation, though thought it was all solved with a recommendation you got earlier from a member here.

Here are some possible problems causing your system to not perform as expected.

1. Your panels - a recent run into your panel series bought by a client & from our field test it is shown to produce 77% at peak for short intervals of high sun intensity and operates averagely between 45%-55% or lower in normal to poor solar irradiance

Also your panels could have been placed at a wrong angle and unfavorable angle or they are placed that They don't harvest the sun well due to how the sun pass over them

2. Energy storage & energy going into it - From aforementioned, panel performance let's say your 4.2kWp operates @60% I.e. 2.52KWp for 4 sun hours equal 10KWh
From control test of your 7.5KWh felicity battery, tested by members here your 150Ah is (120Ah@48V) x 2 pieces = 11.5KWh of energy storage but because you run day time loads, assuming Let's say from 8am - 5pm equals to 4KWh of energy usage

Generated energy - energy used = remaining energy in storage

10KWh - 4KWh = 6KWh

Remaining energy / storage capacity = 6KWh / 11.5KWh

You have 52% of energy left in battery by sundown, from your previous posts you are mostly left with three bars of battery

3. Inverter - While kartel is a good product its transformer based build makes it a power hugger, draining your battery even when on idle power and even more to feed its internal components when running other loads as said by a member in previous posts, if you can try using a transformerless inverter like Growatt, Deye, Axpert with a year to two year warranty you can monitor in real time your energy usage and consumption keeping you ahead of the curve

Conclusion
You will need to spend a little more to upgrade and perfect your system with the right equipment and you should have rest from there on.

I can help you have a look at your installation remotely via DUO or Whatsapp, just get some basic handy tools like screw driver, a clear camera and a good network

Your last paragraph is what i had in mind too. It's good he learns rather than just getting someone to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by whiteMandingo: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2021
sensisosu:
I need a battery balancer for 48v 8 batteries

search for the HA12 on jiji, its quite useful and displays individual battery voltages via Bluetooth on your phone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 11:58am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
sensisosu:
I need a battery balancer for 48v 8 batteries

Available with display

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Trippledots:

What capacity?

Minimum 3kw, hybrid preferred

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
450w Flame solar panel available, #95,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
10kva 48v stellar inverter available, #370,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
eddyline:

Does it come in 3kva 24v? If yes, what's the cost?
Not available now sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2021
ojeysky:

Minimum 3kw, hybrid preferred

I am trying to upgrade my inverter to 5kva 8 batteries.

I have 3.5 Sukham inverter, let me know if you would be interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2021
justcallmenuel:
10kva 48v stellar inverter available, #370,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Is this used ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Keemie(f): 3:23am On Nov 02, 2021
My ZEDIX deep cycle battery did not last up to a year. Can you recommend a battery that will last longer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 4:01am On Nov 02, 2021
Keemie:
My ZEDIX deep cycle battery did not last up to a year. Can you recommend a battery that will last longer.
The way things are in Nigeria now,I would recommend a 100ah lifepo4 cells with BMS...lower cap but guarantee of at least 3years..thank me later.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:29am On Nov 02, 2021
sensisosu:

I am trying to upgrade my inverter to 5kva 8 batteries.

I have 3.5 Sukham inverter, let me know if you would be interested

I forgot to add that wall mount is preferred. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:31am On Nov 02, 2021
luvlyoracle:
The way things are in Nigeria now,I would recommend a 100ah lifepo4 cells with BMS...lower cap but guarantee of at least 3years..thank me later.

Love this, folks recommend lifepo4 easily....I think it's definitely going to become obvious to many in near future.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2021
sensisosu:

Is this used ?
Not used sir, it’s a brand new inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
ojeysky:

I forgot to add that wall mount is preferred. Thanks
have an Axpert 5kW 48 Volts Inverter that i can give out
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
desiji:

have an Axpert 5kW 48 Volts Inverter that i can give out

Okay kindly share your contact. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
ojeysky:

Love this, folks recommend lifepo4 easily....I think it's definitely going to become obvious to many in near future.
it’s obvious lifepo4, lithium are taking over the traditional lead acid….. the issue in nigeria is the cost…most people prefer shortcut to. Costly long lasting system

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
Still available

16 units of 100AH 3.2V Great Power LFP cells

@ 27,000 per cell

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
temizeee:
it’s obvious lifepo4, lithium are taking over the traditional lead acid….. the issue in nigeria is the cost…most people prefer shortcut to. Costly long lasting system

Funny part is that cost of lifepo4 is almost (if not same) with a good lead acid nowadays (usable capacity wise)

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
sold

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lithium ion Battery builds still available.

24v system and up.

Contact on sig for enquiries.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:03am On Nov 03, 2021
Keemie:
How many batts do you have..and what type of load do u put on it?.
Whats the size of your inverter?...

A well built lithium battery pack 100ah to 200ah will be a better option
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 7:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Flex max Fangpusun
100A-24-48v
80A-12-60v
60A-12-60v

Blue solar
70A-12-48v
60A-12-48v
45A-12-48v
50A-12-24v
30A-12-24v
Model with inbuilt display
70A-12-48v
60A-12-48v
50A-12-24v
30A-12-24v
Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2021
ojeysky:

Funny part is that cost of lifepo4 is almost (if not same) with a good lead acid nowadays (usable capacity wise)

Permit me to state that this statement is flawed and misleading sir...

You might want to be specific. You stated "good lead acid"... But didn't specify whether the Lithium counterpart is also "good" or one of the numerous low-grades

Are you saying that, for the same usable capacity, a pylontech lithium is almost same price as a Felicity or Luminous LA?... Very laughable

For same quality, Lithium is still far higher in price. Compare pylontech or BYD Lithium with the likes of Varta LA...etc.

There are extremely cheap lithium batteries with extreme low quality flooding the market.

Tomorrow, you'll see a 12V 100Ah Lithium going for 90k and someone would say its almost or same price with LA. Even when the real capacity and quality of the battery is very questionable

You sound like you can compare Felicity Lithium with German Varta or Exide LA. They can never be mate... Cheers

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cnwamo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Chairmen sorry if I'm derailing the thread, I'm a super noob when it comes to inverters and batteries so i'm seeking advise on what system to get for a 3 bedroom apartment with about 10 power saving bulbs, inverter deep freezer, 2kv inverter a/c and other regular household appliances. what size of inverter do i need and how lifepo4 batteries would i need to get a minimum 10 hours a day uninterrupted supply?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
Need this or equivalent specifically to charge LifePO4.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
dollarnaira:
Need this or equivalent specifically to charge LifePO4.

I HAVE FOR SALE, though used to top balance my bank. still same as new. selling it for 45k firm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
earthrealm:

I HAVE FOR SALE, though used to top balance my bank. still same as new. selling it for 45k firm
Phone no pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
[quote author=ojeysky post=107273404]

Okay kindly share your contact. Thanks[/quote
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
mcTrinity:

Permit me to state that this statement is flawed and misleading sir...

Hmm.....more details below Sir

You might want to be specific. You stated "good lead acid"... But didn't specify whether the Lithium counterpart is also "good" or one of the numerous low-grades

My apologies a good lifepo4 cells and a good lead acid is what I intend, but my own definition of good lifepo4 cells may be different from yours...see further....

Are you saying that, for the same usable capacity, a pylontech lithium is almost same price as a Felicity or Luminous LA?... Very laughable

You are right the above will be very laughable if that was what I said.

For same quality, Lithium is still far higher in price. Compare pylontech or BYD Lithium with the likes of Varta LA...etc.

There are extremely cheap lithium batteries with extreme low quality flooding the market.

My definition of good lithium battery is on the cells, pylontech is very good but over 80% of that I attribute it that to packaging and the BMS. If I get similar packaging and BMS then apply precautions applied by pylontech on their BMS on my Eve cells I will get close to similar performance as pylontech.....so for me it's the content that matter most, get a good lithium cell and manage it as you wish.

Tomorrow, you'll see a 12V 100Ah Lithium going for 90k and someone would say its almost or same price with LA. Even when the real capacity and quality of the battery is very questionable

If the capacity and quality is questionable then why use that as your measuring yardstick Sir? Brief maths, I just saw Valto post 8s/24v 280ah for 680k add another 100k for BMS and any other miscellaneous....780k. Note that those cells are good grade A cells....I hear there is Grade A+ but grade A is fine for my level grin

Lead acid capacity safe equivalent will be 500AH 24V
That is approximately 6 units of 160AH 12v batteries. A good lead acid should sell for 120k in naija of today. That is 720k. Yet you may still be running your lifepo4 after those lead acid might have packed up. Let's not include other advantages over LA such as weight and space consumption and high C rates

You sound like you can compare Felicity Lithium with German Varta or Exide LA. They can never be mate... Cheers

Felicity is not bad, what is bad in Felicity is that they are not being truthful with providing actual capacity of their cells.... otherwise the cells themselves are not bad.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
[quote author=desiji post=107309159][/quote]

It's in my signature Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.