Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071529 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 8:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
dollarnaira:

Truth being said.
If d above yellow Alimate is your battery be rest assured it might b far less dan 100A. Lets assume it is a 100amp battery. Parallel connection give 200amp which in essence it is actually 100amp at 50% DOD. Now lets say it is not fully 100A each.Hmmmm....guess my mind bro. Lastly, b rest assure that your load is not even up to the rated Watt. Only energy meter can give ur true wattage. My tv e.g is 50w but meter reads 34w. The 50w is maximum wen all settings are at maximum e.g contrast, brightness, volume etc. Your bulbs to might be higher than that. Now , add d idle consumption of 30w to the untrue 100A ba3.

My Souer 1000w inverter (msw) takes just 1.1w while my 1600w psw uses 1w idle consumption.
good day, what brand is your pure sine wave inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2021
LUMINOUS 850VA/12V SOLAR HYBRID INVERTER/HOME UPS

Selling because of upgrade, working perfectly ok, no need of charge controller

Specification:Solar hybrid Inverter with inbuilt 30 amp PWM Charge controller
Delivers both AC & DC output
Up to 600W PV Module solar panel compatibility
Intelligent fuzzy logic technology
Saves on electricity bill
Pure Sine wave output for equipment safety
Overload, deep discharge, short-circuit, Battery low cut off protection
Offers Battery Selection for best results – Tubular/ Flat / Gel or VLRA
Informative Display Panel showing: Mains available, Battery Charging through Mains, Battery Charging through Solar Panel, Voltage regulation display, Power savings, Load output through Battery, Low Battery Indication, Overload Indication.
Intelligent logic control (simultaneous charging solar-mains with priority to solar)
Pure sine wave UPS with 85% efficiency
Intelligent Solar Optimization Technique (ISOT)
Inbuilt charge controller with 98% efficiency
Intelligent battery monitoring
Battery charging commences at 110Volt mains voltage
Equipped with battery type selection
Output for both AC as well as DC.
Battery safety – deep discharge protection, overcharge protection, short circuit protection, battery type selection
Pure sine wave UPS output
DC load O/P of 12V 20amp in 850VA and 12V 5Amp in 1500VA
Wide choice of panel: 400W to 1000W (500VA , 850VA & 1500VA)

Price:50,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
oloet:

good day, what brand is your pure sine wave inverter

No brand
But the above was debunked. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2021
dollarnaira:

No brand But the above was debunked. grin
wink
dollarnaira:

No brand But the above was debunked. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2021
please I need 12v pure sine wave inverter suggestions with low watts consumption
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 3:57am On Dec 31, 2021
ceaser:

And think of selling off a kidney first.

Na frustrations from Nigerian customs and devilish import duty will make one tire.

Good way to go about it.

Our Country is run by very wicked Devils!
Imagine buying a product from China and it spends TWO weeks to get to Nigeria and it got stuck with Customs Clearing for FOUR Weeks (Is the distance inside Customs Warehouse double that of Nigeria to China or what?), only to come out and they want not just Custom fees that is twice the cost of the product, the Staff at Post Office also want to be bribed to release the Parcel?

Yet Govt officials keep shouting and crying about how most of Nigeria-destined goods are diverted to neighbouring countries for Clearing!
I just 'love' this country.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 4:00am On Dec 31, 2021
Good Morning House.

Does anyone have an idea of how l can 'wake up' a LifePo4 Battery bank (DIY), without the use of a Light Board

or alternatively, where l can get a light board, without having to order it all the way from China?

Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2021
ceaser:

Abeg Ojes, LFP price don come down? Because I used to know 12v/100ah to be around 140k to 150k o.

It's like you forgot to calculate the price of BMS and enclosure with it.

This is seriously annoying. This is even worse than being sold a lemon. Why not let a client know the options available and then let them make an informed choice? Sadly we can't purchase panels directly ourselves from overseas or even buy solar cells and DIY like it can be done with Lithium batteries. It would have cut down chances of falling into the hands of these fraudsters.

Inverters, Lithium cells, controllers, switches, meters can all be personally ordered from reputable manufacturers and bypass fraudulent middle marketers. But solar panels, no hope yet.

I guess we still have to hope reputable dealers maintain their reputation and sincerity.

I reached the Jos guy some months back and he was willing to do 90 or 100ah for me at that price but ofcourse it may not be same price with the current realities of fx
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2021
smallsmall:
Good Morning House.

Does anyone have an idea of how l can 'wake up' a LifePo4 Battery bank (DIY), without the use of a Light Board

or alternatively, where l can get a light board, without having to order it all the way from China?

Thanks in advance

Do you have access to the BMS, please send Model..

You can wake up with Resistor or Charge source too..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2021
smallsmall:
Good Morning House.

Thanks in advance
The down side of lithium battery or any other batteries is discharging it below safe value. Lithium battery should not be discharged below 2.5v and 2.84-3v for LiFeO4 and lithium ion batteries respectively. In making a diy battery, measure must be in place to check the undervoltage. Your battery may be dead, check each individual cell voltage if they are not below 1.5v they is chance of waking up. Charge individual cell with 4volt while observing the progress.
Secondly what do you mean by light board? Is it the BMS board?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2021
oloet:
please I need 12v pure sine wave inverter suggestions with low watts consumption
Suoer 12v Pure Sine Wave 1500VA Power Inverter with Built in 20A Battery Charger. with editable charge settings and other parameter settings. can power any fridge or freezer comfortably. it is fitted with torodial transformer with incredible low energy consumption.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2021
smallsmall:
Good Morning House.

Thanks in advance

Only daly uses lightboard. The device with battery icon is the lightboard.
Confirm your bms is daly.
Do you have the bluetooth dongle?.
You should have that at least. Check if it has a dot at the end of the word bluetooth. That black or shiny dot is a button and can help you wake the bms up.

If you dont have that..disconnect the load from the bms..and touch the P- and B- cable...it should turn on the bms, if the cell voltage is above bms cutoff.

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2021
oloet:

Chat me up on whatsapp, my offer may interest you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by geesunge(m): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2021
mustaphagreens:

I never get a full charge. Is my charge controller fake?
Bro, there is nothing wrong with your charge controller. The issue is poor system design. 700w 24v panel is too small for 12v 200Ah battery. I have a similar setup here. Bro your charge controller is good. With your set-up, your charge controller should supply max current of 13A to your battery, which means that it will take your fully discharged 12v 200Ah about 10hrs(two days) to get your battery fully charged, provided you're not using it while charging. Contact on geesunge@gmail.com for an absolutely free solar system design and recommendations. Peace!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
Dishtech:

The down side of lithium battery or any other batteries is discharging it below safe value. Lithium battery should not be discharged below 2.5v and 2.84-3v for LiFeO4 and lithium ion batteries respectively. In making a diy battery, measure must be in place to check the undervoltage. Your battery may be dead, check each individual cell voltage if they are not below 1.5v they is chance of waking up. Charge individual cell with 4volt while observing the progress.
Secondly what do you mean by light board? Is it the BMS board?

Yes, it is a BMS Board

@Dam5reey
It is a DIY setup, just starting out..
Daly BMS.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2021
earthrealm:

Only daly uses lightboard. The device with battery icon is the lightboard.
Confirm your bms is daly.
Do you have the bluetooth dongle?.
You should have that at least. Check if it has a dot at the end of the word bluetooth. That black or shiny dot is a button and can help you wake the bms up.

If you dont have that..disconnect the load from the bms..and touch the P- and B- cable...it should turn on the bms, if the cell voltage is above bms cutoff.

Thanks a lot, l appreciate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2022
Happy new year my people!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Michaelondon53: 7:20am On Jan 01, 2022
Oshomo12:
Happy new year my people!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Michaelondon53: 7:21am On Jan 01, 2022
Happy New Year all!

Please my inverter last night is screaming short circuit and it’s green light is turning red when ever I switch it on. And I could perceive something burnt the second time I tried to test it!. Please house what can I do, I need light this new year oo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2022
Michaelondon53:
Happy New Year all!

Please my inverter last night is screaming short circuit and it’s green light is turning red when ever I switch it on. And I could perceive something burnt the second time I tried to test it!. Please house what can I do, I need light this new year oo

Disconnect the output to load...restart inverter, if issue continues..then inverter internal problem.
Disconnect the battery positive for 5 mins..reconnect..if issue persists...take inverter for repairs..or buy another inverter.

Good to always have spares, as these appliances could fail at any time
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2022
generalstingz:
Still available

16 units of 100AH 3.2V Great Power LFP cells

@ 27,000 per cell

Happy New year!

Still available

Also 8s balancer 10K

8S 100A smart Daly BMS 45K

320A ANT SMART BMS ( 7S -16S) 74K
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
QUESTION.
If I float my battery today and I wake up the following morning to see 60% left,
charge it again and the battery get to absorption by 3am or refuse to float due to dull weather. I now use it again and wake up the following morning to see 60% left, what effect will this have to the life of the battery?

In this case, the flooded battery hasn't been fully charged for about two to three days but 50% DOD hasn't been exceeded.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
Michaelondon53:
Happy New Year all!

Blown Mosfets... The inverter needs to see an Engineer.

The more you restart, more mosfets blow up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temmyt20(m): 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Chat me up on whatsapp, my offer may interest you.
ur whatsapp number please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Michaelondon53: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
ewizard1:

Blown Mosfets... The inverter needs to see an Engineer.

The more you restart, more mosfets blow up.

Thanks for your prompt reply, but what is the cause of this blown mosfets, kind you this is a new inverter! Haus strom inverter, does the warranty cover such issues?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Michaelondon53:

Thanks for your prompt reply, but what is the cause of this blown mosfets, kind you this is a new inverter! Haus strom inverter, does the warranty cover such issues?

If it's under warranty, don't even bother to open the inverter as it may void the warranty. Just pack it up and send it back to the place you bought it from.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2022
isangjohnson:
QUESTION.
If I float my battery today and I wake up the following morning to see 60% left,
charge it again and the battery get to absorption by 3am or refuse to float due to dull weather. I now use it again and wake up the following morning to see 60% left, what effect will this have to the life of the battery?

In this case, the flooded battery hasn't been fully charged for about two to three days but 50% DOD hasn't been exceeded.

If you continue in this cycle without getting to float, you will eventually discharge beyond 50% DoD. To prevent story charge with mains especially during bad wheather. Your battery is your major investment take care of it.
Infact this days in Lagos , it's cloudy,then sunny the most annoying is dusty solar panels due to harmattan. Try cleaning � panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2022
[quote author=samnaija.

No matter how bad the weather is, my battery usually get to absorption stage every day but getting to float is difficult this day.
I was thinking not floating the battery at least every two days might affect the life of battery.
Thanks for your advice sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by uche393: 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
happy new year everyone, I'm about beginning my solar journey this year.
I bought the following
28ah lithium battery from ameh
2×150w panels
1 ceepro 12v 500w inverter

my issue now is charge controller, which amp will be good for a 28ah lithium battery is it 10a or 20a(pwm)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OkoroPeugeot(m): 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
uche393:
I bought the following
2×150w panels

my issue now is charge controller, which amp will be good for a 28ah lithium battery is it 10a or 20a(pwm)?

Just do 30A
It should be more than your solar input

What's your location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by KiNg0G: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2022
Available for sale

Am relocating

DStv and dish with remote available.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adedejis2: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
uche393:
I bought the following
2×150w panels

how much did you get the battery and panels

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Danibestguy, Abiono28, Justice629(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.