Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063128 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Do you mean Famicare inverter or Famicare charger?

What are recommended charge voltages of the battery? You can get them from the body of battery. Snap and send to us.
Famicare inverter. Recommended charge voltages of battery is 10.8v - 13.5v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
nonoski:

Between Growatt inbuilt MPPT & external Victron Charge Controller which has a better charging algorithm.

I use Victron 250/100 CC in my village house and I can tell u that they beat Outback CC 100 to 1 in terms of charging.

Interesting numbers (in bold), Outback strikes me as a very good CC am curious to learn about the test you carried out to confirm this major difference?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2022
ojeysky:

Interesting numbers (in bold), Outback strikes me as a very good CC am curious to learn about the test you carried out to confirm this major difference?

I had similar high rating about Outback but I finally learnt that they are over rated. I personally bought 2 of them from Amazon in US due to its high ratings.

Now let me give u my layman experience.

There is usually PHED in the morning around 7am till like 9am, the CC continue to show charged even when utility is no longer available. So while the sun is shining the CCs are sleeping and the inverter is busy draining the batteries. By the time the useless Outback CC kick in around 2-3pm it will not be able to charge the batteries till they float or absorb. Most times by the time my wife returns from school runs the inverter has shut down due to low battery.

However the Victron CC I have in he village moves quickly from float to Absorb and then bulk within few minutes when utility is no longer available and the AC is on. It makes the batteries remain fully charged till 5-6pm most times 6:15pm.

So I have learnt not to joke with little details. They can cost u a fortune.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
nonoski:

I had similar high rating about Outback but I finally learnt that they are over rated. I personally bought 2 of them from Amazon in US due to its high ratings.

There is usually PHED in the morning around 7am till like 9am, the CC continue to show charged even when utility is no longer available. So while the sun is shining the CCs are sleeping and the inverter is busy draining the batteries. By the time the useless Outback CC kick in around 2-3pm it will not be able to charge the batteries till they float or absorb. Most times by the time my wife returns from school runs the inverter has shut down due to low battery.

However the Victron CC I have in he village moves quickly from float to Absorb and then bulk within few minutes when utility is no longer available and the AC is on. It makes the batteries remain fully charged till 5-6pm most times 6:15pm.

From the bolded, I want to assume you've ensured this was not a settings issue? If yes then I will say that is a huge bug..... Even a cheap powmr will not behave as such

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
ojeysky:

From the bolded, I want to assume you've ensured this was not a settings issue? If yes then I will say that is a huge bug..... Even a cheap powmr will not behave as such

I have tried all manner of tweaking of the settings, watched countless videos online, increased the voltage setting to enable the CC kick in from 51v removed the external temperature sensor pluged to battery terminal etc. I don taya

The only explanation I can give is that as the batteries became weaker the CCs misinterpret the readings coz at 45v any CC with common sense is suppose to start charging.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
nonoski:

I have tried all manner of tweaking of the settings, watched countless videos online, increased the voltage setting to enable the CC kick in from 51v removed the external temperature sensor pluged to battery terminal etc. I don taya

The only explanation I can give is that as the batteries became weaker the CCs misinterpret the readings coz at 45v any CC with common sense is suppose to start charging.

@kadorzy I think used the junior brother of outback before, maybe he can chime in here... really I do think it's absurd and strange for such a CC to behave that way.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
ojeysky:

You are right it sounds like a setting issue.
Outback original!, me I use the clone fangpuson what he complained is common with the clone also. The cc can be in charged setting and not delivering current when battery needs it. The setting na war, wake up voltage, absorb voltage, reabsorb voltage , you have to try and get it right .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
nonoski:

THATS serious flaw, i wonder if its limited to yours, or thats the general behaviour?..
fangpusun flemax, the outback clone, doesnt behave so

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kadorzy(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
ojeysky:

@kadorzy I think used the junior brother of outback before, maybe he can chime in here... really I do think it's absurd and strange for such a CC to behave that way.

I never experienced such after over 5years before I retired it for a hybrid system.
Well you can try your luck with the voltage setting calliberate to match with actual readings from an accurate multimeter.
You just need to tweak it to get it right.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
earthrealm:

THATS serious flaw, i wonder if its limited to yours, or thats the general behaviour?..
fangpusun flemax, the outback clone, doesnt behave so
No I have Fangpusun CC (the outback clone) in my guest house it doesn't behave that way but it takes some time for the CC to move from charged to Float then absorb/bulk charging unlike the Victron.

So basically I want to be sure that the inbuilt MPPT CC of a Growatt is OK or I should go for an external Victron CC.
Please I need user experience on this
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
kadorzy:

I never experienced such after over 5years before I retired it for a hybrid system.
Well you can try your luck with the voltage setting calliberate to match with actual readings from an accurate multimeter.
You just need to tweak it to get it right.
I'm done with outback.
U won't notice this issue if utility is unavailable through out the nite, the CC will work normally its only when utility makes the CC not to start up in the morning. It's not an every day occurrence but my careful eyes caught the problem. My worries quadrupled after I observed how my Victron works effortlessly without human interference
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
nonoski:

No I have Fangpusun CC (the outback clone) in my guest house it doesn't behave that way but it takes some time for the CC to move from charged to Float then absorb/bulk charging unlike the Victron.

So basically I want to be sure that the inbuilt MPPT CC of a Growatt is OK or I should go for an external Victron CC.

A few places I have deployed growatt are doing fine....I don't use it personally. For me I prefer an hybrid system.....but one man food is another man's poison....we've had a long talk on hybrid Vs standalone in previous thread wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonoski: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
ojeysky:

A few places I have deployed growatt are doing fine....I don't use it personally. For me I prefer an hybrid system.....but one man food is another man's poison....we've had a long talk on hybrid Vs standalone in previous thread wink
This is the setup I have in the village.
I have a 5kva hybrid Felicity inverter but I didn't use the MPPT rather I installed an external Victron 250/100. This has served me well. I read on this thread back then that the charging of hybrid systems were not comparable to external CCs so I just want to confirm if that has since been improved on...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2022
nonoski:

This is the setup I have in the village.
I have a 5kva hybrid Felicity inverter but I didn't use the MPPT rather I installed an external Victron 250/100. This has served me well. I read on this thread back then that the charging of hybrid systems were not comparable to external CCs so I just want to confirm if that has since been improved on...

When I used MPP and Felicity hybrid charging was fine and now that I just Deye hybrid charging is still fine. Ofcourse there may be little difference in their mppt efficiency but not more than +/-5% IMO
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mjblinks(f): 6:17am On Jan 10, 2022
mjblinks:
Please, Can anyone help with list of batteries that LAST 5yrs and above and their current prices

And batteries that can LAST 3yrs and above and current prices

Reason is because my current battery is draining fast and is not up to 3yrs that was stated.

Battery =JYC battery GP200ah-12v
Panel. =2 pcs of 260w solar panel.
The inverter is 1.5kva

Loads. 2 ceiling fans, 1 TV, and 6 bulbs.( we don't on all bulbs)
We don't know how we use it wrong to avoid that in the future

Please someone should help me with this, let me know where I went wrong in usage before buying another battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2022
mjblinks:

Please someone should help me with this, let me know where I went wrong in usage before buying another battery.
the battery has tried for the load you listed, my advice go on lithium battery

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:14am On Jan 10, 2022
mjblinks:
Please, Can anyone help with list of batteries that LAST 5yrs and above and their current prices

Reason is because my current battery is draining fast and is not up to 3yrs that was stated.

The inverter is 1.5kva

Get LFP battery packs and have peace of mind or if you still want to stick with LA, get any popular brand from reputable sources and make sure you don't frequently discharge below 70%.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 7:41am On Jan 10, 2022
nonoski:

Iam using the New Victron 450/100 it is a fantastic CC and so wonderful when you hook it up with the Cerbo Gx. goes to sleep completely around 7Pm without drawing any current and wakes up around 6:15 in the morning because of this i am completely to team Blue, have gotten 2 Multiplus II 5000VA and changing all my gears to victron and untop as the icing on the cake the VRM can be assesed anywhere in the world. Will be showcasing the build when i start

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dragnet: 9:16am On Jan 10, 2022
mjblinks:

The inverter is 1.5kva

If your ceiling fans are the conventional type, then they may have contributed to your battery's deterioration.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6932126/brabus-n3xt-done-it-again.

Read up on Bosun Davies/ brabus/nexthome who is a unqualified, incompetent and a confirmed fraudster.

Engage him in any of your building projects at your own peril. Buyer beware

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2022
DUNKA:
https://www.nairaland.com/6932126/brabus-n3xt-done-it-again.

Read up on Bosun Davies/ brabus/nexthome who is a unqualified, incompetent and a confirmed fraudster.

Engage him in any of your building projects at your own peril. Buyer beware
https://www.nairaland.com/3496421/estate-agent-docked-over-n5m#51546974

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2022
mjblinks:

The inverter is 1.5kva

1 normal ceiling fan is 60 to 80watts...will assume 70 watts, so 140 watts for the 2
tv is about 50 to 110w...will assume 80 watts....your cumulative wattage if you add the bulbs will be over 250watts. lead acid isn't happy when you load it over 10% of its capacity. This ur load is over 20 percent already,

YOur battery JYC is likely not a decent, Make, never heard of it b4.
a 150ah minimum should serve you better....or if you must do leadacid...do 2 pieces of 200ah in parallel, or 150ah if funds are tight.....that would also require an increase of your panels to 4....more wahala.

a switch to lithium battery doesn't require any other change

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
i feels ur pain...i was shocked the first day i saw my flexmax sleeping when i needed charging during a good sun-day, moreover this issue had been discussed and resolved few years back for flexmax users.
i had 3 flexmax (two 80A & one 60A as backup)i did some reading & tweaking of setting to over come the sleeping of
the CC since then it has been enjoyment galore. you have a wonderful machine though not modern to say but it can get the job done. i will advice u dont waste money on another CC unless u prefer modern toys.
whatapp me on zero8zero34three87threeone1 to walk u through tweaking it. you can thank me later.

nonoski:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please I am in need of several units of genuine tokumbo 200w - 300w mono solar panels.
Kindly recommend a trusted seller.
My search on jiji has not yielded anything reasonable. Came across some clearly "re labelled" panels. CanadianSolar (made in Canadian) grin grin and other labels with tell tale signs of being fake.

If you are a seller in the house, kindly whatsapp me on zero-eight-one-two-three-four-five-4250.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Thunderbolt:
Please I am in need of several units of genuine tokumbo 200w - 300w mono solar panels.
My search on jiji has not yielded anything reasonable. Came across some clearly "re labelled" panels. CanadianSolar (made in Canadian) grin grin and other labels with tell tale signs of being fake.

If you are a seller in the house, kindly whatsapp me on zero-eight-one-two-three-four-five-4250.

I think Zeestone sells panels. But I don't know whether he sells used ones.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Finishing coming on the road... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
nonoski:

Might need to set the Re-bulk voltage well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FacelessStuart: 11:05am On Jan 11, 2022
Right now solar energy is taking a very important path, rather clean or renewable energy is the one that is having great importance for people, with equipment such as the Portable Solar Power Box, it is placing the interests of investors at the beginning of the chain is one of the best things that can happen in the century.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
Threshold 3.5kva 48v inverter available for sale.

Price - 180k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
ewizard1:
Threshold 3.5kva 48v inverter available for sale.

Price - 180k

Bros we,review your price oo.New one of comparative Indian inverters is within your price range.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thunderbolt:

I have used 250 W Poly and Mono.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.