Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064804 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:11am On Jan 15, 2022
ceaser:

Maybe dude is trying to reduce the failure points that'll need to be addressed with higher 48v battery bank.

48v (4 in series) versus 24v (2 in series) - 4 potential fails versus 2 potential fails.

My own comment though would have been structured thus:

Nice and neatly done, but for such a huge bank size, why is LA preferred over Lithium?

Please do you have an idea how much this setup he made will cost for lithium batteries. I think it is 24v 800 ah . Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2022
samnaija:

Please do you have an idea how much this setup he made will cost for lithium batteries think it is 24v 800 ah . Thanks
it is approximately 2million, assuming u are going the DIY way. that is 32pcs of 200ah lifepo4 cells with good bms.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2022
Valto:
it is approximately 2million, assuming u are going the DIY way. that is 32pcs of 200ah lifepo4 cells with good bms.

Way I see it is that he want to replace those Quanta Lead Acid.. with Lifepo4 equivalent..

The 8 LA is 19.2KWH, 9.6KWH Usable. 50% DOD
16, 280AH, 14.3KWH, 11.4KWH Usable. 80% DOD
8 LA can easily be replaced with 16 of 280AH cells If he want to match usage capacity a

16 Lifepo4 cells will only take the space of 2 Quanta cheesy
1.4M should do a perfect DIY build

32 of 200AH if he want to match exact capacity..
20KWH, 16KWH usable

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2022
odimbannamdi:
Guys, please advise the components and accessories I need to buy to facilitate solar panels installation to my system.

What size and type of wire(s) is recommended to buy to connect the panels to the charge controller and battery system?

And how important are breakers to a solar system? Can one get away without using them?

My PV array is made up of 4 units of about 200w panels and 1 unit of 60A MPPT Solar Charge Controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HilcomTech(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house,

I have a string of 2V AGM batteries but unfortunately one of them died. My intension is to convert to lithium batteries but this economy hasn't been smiling lately.

As an alternative, I was able to get a 2v battery to replace the dead 2v battery in the interim. My challenge now is how to connect them since the old 2v battery is 2 plugs while the replacement 2v battery is 4 plugs.

Bellow is a description of the ways I feel I could connect the new battery into the system.

Thanks as I await your responses.

MODIFIED
The old cells are 600ah while the new cell is 500ah.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
HilcomTech:
Good evening gurus in the house,

I have a string of 2V AGM batteries but unfortunately one of them died. My intension is to convert to lithium batteries but this economy hasn't been smiling lately.

As an alternative, I was able to get a 2v battery to replace the dead 2v battery in the interim. My challenge now is how to connect them since the old 2v battery is 2 plugs while the replacement 2v battery is 4 plugs.

Bellow is a description of the ways I feel I could connect the new battery into the system.

Thanks as I await your responses.

Hmmmm, 2v that have double terminals like that are higher capacity cells, are you sure it is same capacity with your existing cells?.

If not, you are already making a bad situation worse..

Simplest way is to buy copper tape 25mm drill two holes, cut to size and link both terminals together.you can wrap with tape to provide some insulation.

The method in your diagrams are also ok.

The dual terminals is to enable the cell carry higher load..i guess thats a 2v 1000ah cell. So its expected to carry 100amps max...or 50amps each since it has dual terminals. If your load is no way near that..you can even use 1 terminal...no issues

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HilcomTech(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
earthrealm:

Hmmmm, 2v that have double terminals like that are higher capacity cells, are you sure it is same capacity with your existing cells?.

If not, you are already making a bad situation worse..

Simplest way is to buy copper tape 25mm drill two holes, cut to size and link both terminals together.you can wrap with tape to provide some insulation.

The method in your diagrams are also ok.

The dual terminals is to enable the cell carry higher load..i guess thats a 2v 1000ah cell. So its expected to carry 100amps max...or 50amps each since it has dual terminals. If your load is no way near that..you can even use 1 terminal...no issues

Thank so much for your reply.

The old cells are 600ah while the new cell is 500ah.

My biggest worry is to know if the two black terminals are of the same potential. Also to know if the red terminals are of the same potential
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2022
I read somewhere on this thread, where someone here bought a Ready-Assembled liFePo4 battery from a Company around Lekki/Epe (Lagos) axis.
I cant locate the Post any more but l want to contact the company because l want to replace my AGM batteries with LiFePo4 batteries.
Can anyone help with information on that post or the company involved, please.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Valto:

Thanks a bit steep..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dam5reey:

Way I see it is that he want to replace those Quanta Lead Acid.. with Lifepo4 equivalent..

The 8 LA is 19.2KWH, 9.6KWH Usable. 50% DOD
16, 280AH, 14.3KWH, 11.4KWH Usable. 80% DOD
8 LA can easily be replaced with 16 of 280AH cells If he want to match usage capacity a

16 Lifepo4 cells will only take the space of 2 Quanta cheesy
1.4M should do a perfect DIY build

32 of 200AH if he want to match exact capacity..
20KWH, 16KWH usable

Thanks for info , it's on the high side. I don't blame the client for sticking with LA. Make this prices come down then we can port.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
mcTrinity:
1/2

Safely, Neatly, and Professionally Executed!!!

*3.5KVA/24V Inverter
*19.2KWh Battery Bank Storage (Amaron Quanta)
*80A 150V Fangpusun Flexmax MPPT
*50A 100V Fangpusun MPPT - x2

081-826-25 213 (Call/SMS/WhatsApp)

@ thanks bro for the diagram about the battery balancer, it really helped has I upgraded my battery banks and used only one balancer really appreciate

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
samnaija:

Thanks for info , it's on the high side. I don't blame the client for sticking with LA. Make this prices come down then we can port.

Wait a moment how much is 8 12V Quanta batteries??
Compared to 1.4M
Considering that you won't change batteries in 10 years..

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 1:32am On Jan 16, 2022
Gurus, one question.

Can one mix together (charging and usage), two battery Banks of,
1) LiFePo4 Pristmatic Cells
2) and the other LiFEPo4 32650 Cells,
if both are of the same Capacity (3kW each) and connected to the same Hybrid Inverter?
To form 6KW Battery Bank.
Any downside, danger?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by remizvxcq(m): 2:24am On Jan 16, 2022
remizvxcq:
Ritility Clearance Sale
You can just buy one of the job lots.
price drop in lot 4
Whatsapp https:///2348133708089
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by remizvxcq(m): 2:30am On Jan 16, 2022
I think "No worries" on 2 conditions:
1. Each battery bank has its own BMS
2. Both battery packs have similar charge & discharge profiles.
Otherwise the banks may soon become out-of-balance with each other.

smallsmall:
Gurus, one question.

Any downside, danger?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by remizvxcq(m): 2:36am On Jan 16, 2022
Jemag in Jos can waybill you a very decent LFP battery bank.
Ritility in Ijebu Ode can waybill you the same, together with a rack kit if you want.

Whatsapp https:///2348133708089

FireTheSun:
I read somewhere on this thread, where someone here bought a Ready-Assembled liFePo4 battery from a Company around Lekki/Epe (Lagos) axis.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:09am On Jan 16, 2022
samnaija:

@ thanks bro for the diagram about the battery balancer, it really helped has I upgraded my battery banks and used only one balancer really appreciate

Using 1 balancer for 16 batts of 200ah ....no get head, its like using bike to drive from lagos to maidugri. It wouldnt achieve much, unless you installed it just for feel good feeling.

2 balancers is the minimum i would recommend, or 4 if you want to it optimally.

Ha12 with bluetooth is an upgraded model of ha02, you can see its working..from the graph it plots
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:30am On Jan 16, 2022
smallsmall:
Gurus, one question.

if both are of the same Capacity (3kW each) and connected to the same Hybrid Inverter?
Any downside, danger?

Prismatic and cylindrical LifePO4 usually have some difference in terms of power density with cylindrical having greater density even though the capacity may be the same. This is the reason Tesla has stuck with that form factor in his 2700 Li-ion cells and his newer iterations of 4680 lifePO4 cells. So you don't want to combine them in one pack. In fact, it is advisable to only combine the same cell type having the same batch number, manufacturer and manufacture date in the same pack.

So what you wanna do is to have each type of cells to form a different pack. One pack of prismatic and a second pack of cylindrical cells. Then each with its own BMS. Then you can connect the two resulting packs in parallel. As LifePO4, they have the same charging profile so there shouldn't be any issues with hooking them together in parallel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:05am On Jan 16, 2022
smallsmall:
Gurus, one question.

Any downside, danger?

Even if they are of different capacity so long as they are separate battery bank put together in parallel you are good to go
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:18am On Jan 16, 2022
Before now I believed that dry season dust on solar panels do not have SIGNIFICANT negative impact on insolation. But I got tired of the suboptimal output from my array and contracted the services of a carpenter to help climb the roof and do the cleaning.

Done early in the morning, the picture shows the before cleaning, at 25% cleaning and at 50% cleaning of the array. Dem never even reach 100% sef.

162w to 347w to 665w undecided

I don't need any more convincing.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Please, if you have a lead acid12v charger (minimum of 20a) for sale, kindly quote me. It is urgent.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:09am On Jan 16, 2022
ceaser:
Before now I believed that dry season dust on solar panels do not have SIGNIFICANT negative impact on insolation. But I got tired of the suboptimal output from my array and contracted the services of a carpenter to help climb the roof and do the cleaning.

Done early in the morning, the picture shows the before cleaning, at 25% cleaning and at 50% cleaning of the array. Dem never even reach 100% sef.

You have more than Dust on your panels, Dust will only reduce by 10-15%..

You simply have bird poo or something similar, that's causing shade and not Dust, Shading is more worse than Dust..

This season is also different sha.. seems Dust is thicker.. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:16am On Jan 16, 2022
smallsmall:
Gurus, one question.

Any downside, danger?

You are good to go, Since you have same capacity.

Connect in parallel with the same cable length to inverter or use Bus bars..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2022
ceaser:

Bros, you follow us tight fisted folk dey use this el cheapo powmr cc...hahahahahahaha.
Omo that cc na small but mighty. E for close book if it has harvest logging capability. Daily cummulative.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ajanidokun: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Pelton technology
FireTheSun:
I cant locate the Post any more but l want to contact the company because l want to replace my AGM batteries with LiFePo4 batteries.
Can anyone help with information on that post or the company involved, please.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 10:59am On Jan 16, 2022
earthrealm:

Using 1 balancer for 16 batts of 200ah ....no get head, its like using bike to drive from lagos to maidugri. It wouldnt achieve much, unless you installed it just for feel good feeling.

2 balancers is the minimum i would recommend, or 4 if you want to it optimally.

Ha12 with bluetooth is an upgraded model of ha02, you can see its working..from the graph it plots

I used it for 12 battery bank, and all are equalized .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2022
samnaija:

Hello Damnaija,
. You're welcome sir.

However, I hope you didn't use only one balancer for a 5-string battery bank?

One balancer can conveniently serve a 2-string battery bank. I drew the diagram for explanation purpose. For example, in my recent installed Pic, I used 3 balancers for a 4-string battery bank.
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2022
samnaija:

I used it for 12 battery bank, and all are equalized .

See if you can make the battery balancer two... Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
mcTrinity:

Hello Damnaija,
. You're welcome sir.

However, I hope you didn't use only one balancer for a 5-string battery bank?

One balancer can conveniently serve a 2-string battery bank. I drew the diagram for explanation purpose. For example, in my recent installed Pic, I used 3 balancers for a 4-string battery bank.
Cheers

Will do thanks..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hello guys
I noticed these line traces all over my solar panel. What does it mean ?

Or could it be the reason why I’ve been having low amp supply lately?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
funshyboi:
Hello guys
I noticed these line traces all over my solar panel. What does it mean ?

Or could it be the reason why I’ve been having low amp supply lately?

The Cell at the edge seems to be broken, that Panel will great affect your harvest especially if it's connected in series with some panels..

It's like having a shade on the panel.. Anyways investigate further.. Check the Voltage output on the panel..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by smallsmall: 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
THANK YOU very much.
I will give it a shot.

remizvxcq:
I think "No worries" on 2 conditions:
1. Each battery bank has its own BMS
2. Both battery packs have similar charge & discharge profiles. How do l achieve this, please?
Otherwise the banks may soon become out-of-balance with each other.

ceaser:

Prismatic and cylindrical LifePO4 usually have some difference in terms of power density with cylindrical having greater density even though the capacity may be the same. This is the reason Tesla has stuck with that form factor in his 2700 Li-ion cells and his newer iterations of 4680 lifePO4 cells. So you don't want to combine them in one pack. In fact, it is advisable to only combine the same cell type having the same batch number, manufacturer and manufacture date in the same pack.

So what you wanna do is to have each type of cells to form a different pack. One pack of prismatic and a second pack of cylindrical cells. Then each with its own BMS. Then you can connect the two resulting packs in parallel. As LifePO4, they have the same charging profile so there shouldn't be any issues with hooking them together in parallel.

ojeysky:

Even if they are of different capacity do long as they are separate battery bank put together in parallel you are good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: de3lar(m), damilonya(m), toscotech(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.