Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2053450 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 11:53pm On May 26, 2022
No offense but your stance isn't looking like you serious about your project yet.

Why your energy estimation are rather vague than been precise ... If you plan being offgrid then you need a lot of preparation, real life simulation to project how & what to expect.

E.g. if I were to run that AC for 6pm-6am ... I will only run it @ 4 hours 17°C while I let 25-27°C be my sleeping temp, what this could mean is that the start & off of compressor ... Could reduce 4 hours & I have 8 hours running etc. - theoretically smiley et.cetera

gracewealth007:
Please I want to ask, if I want to go off grid and in addition to other normal house hold lightings and TV, I want to use 3 AC (one 2HP and two 1.5 HP) will a 60Kw battery and 12kw solar panel be sufficient? The ac will mostly be used during the day when weather is hot and the two 1.5 hp throughout the night. And all other basic household things like water heater, fridge, freezer, microwave also in the house.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:40am On May 27, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Good morning great minds..
Can some one recommend a good mppt cc for me..
I am Base on ibadan..
And will any of the below be recommended?system is 24v PVC and 12 volt baterry, formerly using a 60amps PWM cc but wahal Wan kill Me with low charge
buy a fangupsun MPPT CC instead.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Opistorincos(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2022
Good day house, I'm nearing the set date for my solar installation. And, for now, lithium ion battery is not viable due to financial constraints. So, I'm starting with tubular. I'll upgrade over time.

I'm having issues with brands to go with. For the panels, should I go with used Canadian or brand new panels? What brand of tubular battery is known to stand the test of time? Which charge controller will charge the battery quickly? What brand of inverter should I get?

PS: my total load is less than 1000W. Budget is 400k max. Intended load is as follows:

One laptop.
One fan.
A few bulb.
A phone.
Teo powerbank.
Rice cooker.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2022
gracewealth007:

Thanks for your reply sir. But sorry how did u come up with 48kw? By my newbie calculation I assumed two 1.5hp to be about 3kw. And for 12 hours (6pm -6am) that should be 36kw right?

You are right sorry I was using 15hrs in my mind (real sunlight starts to taper down from 3pm).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:49pm On May 27, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Good morning great minds..
Can some one recommend a good mppt cc for me..
I am Base on ibadan..
And will any of the below be recommended?system is 24v PVC and 12 volt baterry, formerly using a 60amps PWM cc but wahal Wan kill Me with low charge

Hello bro, we discussed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 3:33pm On May 27, 2022
Opistorincos:
Good day house, I'm nearing the set date for my solar installation. And, for now, lithium ion battery is not viable due to financial constraints. So, I'm starting with tubular. I'll upgrade over time.

I'm having issues with brands to go with. For the panels, should I go with used Canadian or brand new panels? What brand of tubular battery is known to stand the test of time? Which charge controller will charge the battery quickly? What brand of inverter should I get?

PS: my total load is less than 1000W. Budget is 400k max. Intended load is as follows:

One laptop.
One fan.
A few bulb.
A phone.
Teo powerbank.
Rice cooker.

This might be out of your budget but you can use it to guide your purchase. Yingli Solar panels are one of the most affordable quality solar panel brands that you can buy. Their 450W panel is going for around N90,000 or higher. I personally don't like tubular batteries due to their electrolyte. I will rather do AGM VRLA Lead Acid battery. Amaron Quanta is a good brand going for around N165,000 last time i checked. For inverter, better to do a hybrid inverter that has solar mppt built in. I just bought SRNE 3KVA/24V inverter for N175,000 for a friend from their dealer in Lagos. So, you can adjust your requirements or the solar components as needed.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2022
samir101ng:

This might be out of your budget but you can use it to guide your purchase. Yingli Solar panels are one of the most affordable quality solar panel brands that you can buy. [b]Their 450W panel is going for around N90,000 [/b]or higher. I personally don't like tubular batteries due to their electrolyte. I will rather do AGM VRLA Lead Acid battery. Amaron Quanta is a good brand going for around N165,000 last time i checked. For inverter, better to do a hybrid inverter that has solar mppt built in. I just bought SRNE 3KVA/24V inverter for N175,000 for a friend from their dealer in Lagos. So, you can adjust your requirements or the solar components as needed.

Please where can I get these panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AndroBlaze: 2:13am On May 28, 2022
gracewealth007:

Thanks for your reply sir. But sorry how did u come up with 48kw? By my newbie calculation I assumed two 1.5hp to be about 3kw. And for 12 hours (6pm -6am) that should be 36kw right?

Not sure why NLanders keep safely assuming 1horsepower= 1kw....argued with a total idiot a few days ago on this and you need to see how he kept forming knowledge he clearly did not have.

If those ACs are split units and are really 1.5hp you will not use close to that 36kw. 1hp is actually between 735- 745 watts, so theoretically 1.5hp will be around 1.2kw, so doubling it it would be 2.4kw an hour and less than 30kw for both in the 12hr period; but trust me you will never use that much because of the way ACs work (in particular splits), especially when you are using them in the night like you suggested.

To make it easy, watch these 2 videos below of a 1.5hp ac and 1.5ton ac (1ton = 3.5kw, but this is another argument). Please look at the results for the total draw in KW for the periods tested. (Noticed video 1 blocked, try and watch it on youtube, easiest to comprehend)

In my opinion you will not use more than 24kw at worst for those ACs in the night, but I would really like those who use splits here in the night to tell us what their draw is if I am wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZ6SERwRV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dnXk5tr5c

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:03am On May 28, 2022
Sir, the second video posted was talking about INVERTER ACs!

Those are expected to consume less.
AndroBlaze:

Not sure why NLanders keep safely assuming 1horsepower= 1kw....argued with a total idiot a few days ago on this and you need to see how he kept forming knowledge he clearly did not have.

If those ACs are split units and are really 1.5hp you will not use close to that 36kw. 1hp is actually between 735- 745 watts, so theoretically 1.5hp will be around 1.2kw, so doubling it it would be 2.4kw an hour and less than 30kw for both in the 12hr period; but trust me you will never use that much because of the way ACs work (in particular splits), especially when you are using them in the night like you suggested.

To make it easy, watch these 2 videos below of a 1.5hp ac and 1.5ton ac (1ton = 3.5kw, but this is another argument). Please look at the results for the total draw in KW for the periods tested. (Noticed video 1 blocked, try and watch it on youtube, easiest to comprehend)

In my opinion you will not use more than 24kw at worst for those ACs in the night, but I would really like those who use splits here in the night to tell us what their draw is if I am wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMZ6SERwRV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dnXk5tr5c

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:23am On May 28, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output..

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by frankdavis22: 7:10pm On May 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I currently have 8 200ah AGM batteries which are now dead and have been decommissioned for sale. Can anyone here who has sold old and dead inverter batteries recently please advise what the current price is at the moment?

Would appreciate any responses.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AndroBlaze: 9:45pm On May 28, 2022
durodee:
Sir, the second video posted was talking about INVERTER ACs!

Those are expected to consume less.

:sigh: even when you make things easy ....

If you choose to ignore the other video, please rewatch the 2nd video slooooowly, he talks about non-inverter acs and the fact that the compressor switches off which you should know that power is being saved then.

If you are still not happy with that explanation, note that most credible inverter ACS will tell you that they save you 60% of what a traditional AC would...you can do the calculation to see how much KW that would be in the 2 videos sampled.

But my real advice is try to sample it yourself and come and tell us what you get...lets stop easy assumptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 5:24am On May 29, 2022
ALL -IN -ONE HOME SOLAR SYSTEM

° 80ah battery capacity.
° Lithium technology
° Multi-port access (USB, 12v car port, 12v DC ports x 4, 230v AC)
° Integrated DC meter for power monitoring
° 12v DC port supports 10 amps/120 watts
° 230v AC output supports 150 watts output to power laptops, fan, router, digital cameras, CCTVs and other digital devices.
° XT60 port for charging supports up to 18v 180 watts solar panel or 36v 300 watts solar panel input.
° Can be charged using laptop charger via the included XT60 Male plug.

° DC 12v port powers one 3 watts DC bulb to 5 days, 3 bulbs up to 3 days.
° Laptop for over 18hrs.
° 90watts laptop for 13hrs
° 150watts 50" lcd tv for 5hrs*
° 100watts 42" led tv for 6hrs*
° 60watts 30" lcd tv for 9hrs*
° 50watts led tv for 13hrs*

NGN140,000

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS

1. The adapter used to charge the device or adapter must be of equivalent output value.

2. Wrongly plugged devices can damage both device and Battery pack.

* Power saving modes activated.

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 5:42am On May 29, 2022
olopan:
Good day Guys,

putting together a solar calculator that can get your audit done in minutes, basically targeted at home users who are enthusiast or pro user

but i need to populate these list i have get going to get things up to speed. ...... everyone is free to add or correct existing data.

Appliances Wattage

LED Bulbs 3W - 3
LED Bulbs 5W -5
LED Bulbs 9W -9
LED Bulbs 18W -18
LED Pop Light 6W -6
LED Pop Light 18W -18
LED Pop Light 26W -26
Ox Fan 16" -120
Ox Fan 18" -140
Ox Fan 20" -180
Ceiling Fan - 80
Standing Fan -70
DC Fan -30
Rechargeable DC Fan -45
LED TV 32" -55
LED TV 42" -70
LED TV 50" -85
LED TV 70" -130
Laptop -70
CFL Bulbs 9W -9
CFL Bulbs 18W -18
CFL Bulbs 26W -26
Decoder -18
freezer -180
Fridge -120
Phone charging -12
Regular 1 HP AC -870
Regular 1.5 HP AC -1380
Regular 2 HP AC -2100
Inverter 1HP AC -480
Inverter 1.5HP AC -700
1 HP PUMP MACHINE -900
1.5HP PUMP MACH. -1400
LED Bulbs 10W - 10
Standing Chiller -200
Microwave -1200
Signage light - 90
Signage light Large -180

Thank you

mctfopt:

Cway water dispenser 800w

1 cooker ring- 1500w to 1800w

Average inverter fridge/freezer combo standing fridge - 135w

Measured my 1HP sumo pump current draw and got 6.5A @ 215v which translates to 1395w...dunno if the 1HP is truly 1HP grin

° 312L Thermocool Inverter freezer - 90w to 250w depending on the extent it has frozen.
° 219L Thermocool regular condenser freezer - 120w
° 219L Hisense Freezer - 100w
° 55" LG LED TV - 150 watts peak, 40 watts full power saving mode activated.
° 43" Panasonic OLED TV - 110w peak, 30 watts full power saving mode activated.
° CCTV PTZ security camera (the camera alone excluding the recorder hub) - 11 watts each.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:45am On May 29, 2022
frankdavis22:
Hello Everyone,

I currently have 8 200ah AGM batteries which are now dead and have been decommissioned for sale. Can anyone here who has sold old and dead inverter batteries recently please advise what the current price is at the moment?

₦30,000 each ...my friend sold some last week at that price.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:03am On May 29, 2022
yourlifepal:
Bosses & gurus in the house, I noticed that one of my two Luminous 220AH/12V tubular batteries is now swollen. The swell is still relatively not noticeable, one has to look closely to see the slight bulge. I got the batteries around September 2020 and have enjoyed them quite well. Initially, I used them with 8 panels (6*180w & 2*150w) and a 2.1KVA Lento inverter. However, I recently changed my panels to 4*380w Flames (about 3 months ago). The batteries charge faster now, I must say. I also changed my location too though. I don't know if all these could have anything to do with the sudden swell.

I'm planning to get a 5KWH Lithium battery as a replacement but I want to be sure I understand the cause of the swell first. And I would love any recommendation on the brand of Lithium battery to buy. Thanks!

I hope you changed your CC from PWM to MPPT the moment you upped from 18v panels (150w and 180w) to 36v panels (350w), except if your system was 24v ab-initio and your new 380w panels were connected to reflect such with the use of PWM CC.

Otherwise, you may have effectively and wrongly been trying to pushing power from a 36v panel into a 12v battery system using a PWM CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:26am On May 29, 2022
Opistorincos:

One laptop.
One fan.
A few bulb.
A phone.
Teo powerbank.
Rice cooker.

Below is the perfect plug for your modest power requirement.

ALL -IN -ONE HOME SOLAR SYSTEM

° 80ah battery capacity.
° Lithium technology
° Multi-port access (USB, 12v car port, 12v DC ports x 4, 230v AC)
° Integrated DC meter for power monitoring
° 12v DC port supports 10 amps/120 watts
° 230v AC output supports 150 watts output to power laptops, fan, router, digital cameras, CCTVs and other digital devices.
° XT60 port for charging supports up to 18v 180 watts solar panel or 36v 300 watts solar panel input.
° Can be charged using laptop charger via the included XT60 Male plug.

° DC 12v port powers one 3 watts DC bulb to 5 days, 3 bulbs up to 3 days.
° Laptop for over 18hrs.
° 90watts laptop for 13hrs
° 150watts 50" lcd tv for 5hrs*
° 100watts 42" led tv for 6hrs*
° 60watts 30" lcd tv for 9hrs*
° 50watts led tv for 13hrs*

NGN140,000

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS

1. The adapter used to charge the device or adapter must be of equivalent output value.

2. Wrongly plugged devices can damage both device and Battery pack.

* Power saving modes activated.

Edited - I later saw your "Rice cooker" load which this one will not power. For higher loads like the Rice cooker, you can have upgrades to the home solar system done upon request.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Polaris1: 6:36am On May 29, 2022
frankdavis22:
Hello Everyone,

If any 2 of them is not totally dead. I could use them for my experiments. What's your email?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:38am On May 29, 2022
ceaser:
BTS Quick E series 24v 1.5kva.

This was purchased new but used less than a week cumulative, so it's still as good as new. It was used as a stop gap when the main inverter needed maintenance.

° Pure Sine Wave
° Selectable Battery Depth of Discharge (DoD) switch which allows a buzzer to signal you when battery is 50% or 80% discharge depending on your selection.
° Low idle consumption
° Automatic transfer to utility when power is restored
° Low self consumption of 10watts
° AVR function
° Integrated 20amp charger and voltage stabilizer for mains.
° Automatic frequency tracking.
° Reverse Polarity Protection
° Overload Protection.
° Generator, utility and solar power compatible.

96k, negotiable
Whaaatsap: o9o5 659 oo81

Still up for grabs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2022
bigrovar:

The only thing I would change from your setup is the Suor MPPT controller. I would change this for an epever or fangpusun mppt controller. They are much more reliable and have better charge algo compared to Suoer. I would advise you string your 300w panels in Series. This means that you would get about 70v-68v (VMP) depending on the panels. Doing it this way would ensure you.
1- Spend less on wiring, since you would be pushing move volts than amps from your panels to you CC. It would also means less voltage lost to resistance.
2 - Your battery would have more head room required to charge a tubular battery. Such batteries can require as high as 15.5v to be properly charged and you can set the absorption voltage to 14.8.

Both the listed charge controllers should be able to do what you want with the battery especially carry out equalization charge which is required for a tubular battery.

Good morning sir.

Please I have a question. is the felicity charge controller any good?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack) = N6,500

Distilled water 25 Litres = N7,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Hydrometer = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N9,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2022
frankdavis22:
Hello Everyone,

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 8:19am On May 29, 2022
mctfopt:

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2022
Thank you, this will go a long way.

Xanderone:

° 312L Thermocool Inverter freezer - 90w to 250w depending on the extent it has frozen.
° 219L Thermocool regular condenser freezer - 120w
° 219L Hisense Freezer - 100w
° 55" LG LED TV - 150 watts peak, 40 watts full power saving mode activated.
° 43" Panasonic OLED TV - 110w peak, 30 watts full power saving mode activated.
° CCTV PTZ security camera (the camera alone excluding the recorder hub) - 11 watts each.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2022
Available for quick sales... All brand new

*HA12 Battery Equalizer - 20k

*2 pcs of 100A DC Wattmeter (Energy Meter) with 2pcs of 100A DC shunt and 1pc Current transformer - 10k for both

*20pcs of 16A/10A 80V DC breaker - 1k each or 15k for all

081-826 25213 (Call/SMS/WhatsApp)
Location- Eket, Akwa Ibom State

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by frankdavis22: 5:57pm On May 29, 2022
mctfopt:

Nice, Appreciate your response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:18pm On May 29, 2022
Sorotec revo VMII pro 3.5kw/24v 100a 500vdc - 285k
Sorotec revo VMII pro 5.5kw/48v 100a 500vdc - 360k
Sunmart 5.5kw vmii plus 48v 100a 500vdc - 310k
Sunmart 3.5kw vmii plus 24v 100a 500vdc - 255k
Voltronic axpert 5kva/48v parallel vmiii 450vdc - 390k
Must 60a mppt - 100k
Must 100a mppt - 135k
Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 125k
Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 195k
Fangpusun 50a 12/24v mppt charge controller - 65k
Fangpusun 80a flexmax mppt charge controller - 200k
Powmr 60a mppt controller - 65k
Avr/current limiter 60a - 8k
3 in 1 avr/current limiter with kwh display - 15k
DC SPD 600v - 10k
Watt meter - 8k
Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 8.5k
Programmable timer 25a - 9k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 8.5k
Ha02 battery balancer - 32k (limited quantity)
30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 21k
DC breaker 250amps - 30k
Ats (automatic transfer switch) 63a - 23k
Automatic transfer switch 100a - 21k
Automatic transfer switch 125a - 22k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - ??
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k (out of stock)
60amps powermr mppt - 65k
Quanta 200ah original - 165k
Index Exide 200ah AGM Battery - 165k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2022
grin grin
I love that slooooooooowly! And the sigh!
Don't be exasperated Prof, so many things to distract one nowadays. ASUU is on strike.

AndroBlaze:

:sigh: even when you make things easy ....

If you choose to ignore the other video, please rewatch the 2nd video slooooowly, he talks about non-inverter acs and the fact that the compressor switches off which you should know that power is being saved then.

If you are still not happy with that explanation, note that most credible inverter ACS will tell you that they save you 60% of what a traditional AC would...you can do the calculation to see how much KW that would be in the 2 videos sampled.

But my real advice is try to sample it yourself and come and tell us what you get...lets stop easy assumptions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 11:18pm On May 29, 2022
Hello house, please what is the difference between using one 12v tubular bat3 and two 12v tubular bat3 in parallel?. Also two 12v tubular bat3 in series to make it 24v.
Thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:30pm On May 29, 2022
A year plus and not much to add. I initially added the whole 600amps Ritar bank back and used it like that for about 3- 4 months, then took 200amps out to use somewhere else. About a week ago, I took another 200amps out. I noticed the ones I took out recently were weak BUT fairly much like the present state of their colleagues I took out of the bank about a year ago. The last 2 Ritar is still paired with the Lithium and still meeting my needs as my household needs have reduced a bit.
So that is it. Union of unlikely bedfellows.
durodee:
Good morning house, I was recently faced with a challenge. I have a 24v 5.4kwh LiPO4 bank and a 600amp 24v used Ritar battery bank. Tested alone the LiPO4 did not meet my daily need. It will usually go off around 2-3am (when I personally need it most!) and the used batteries much earlier at around 12mn at times.
I was discussing this challenge with a friend and he told me he connected his LiPO4 and SMF bank together(in parallel) to the same busbar and that has resolved his problems.
So I checked online https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/19981/mixing-lead-acid-and-lithium.html and realized many others have tried it with the pro and cons, different charging and discharging profiles mainly.

So I connected 200amp of the Ritar to my lithium bank to test run. I also used 28.2v bulk and 27.4 float charging profile on my inverter and CC. All connected yesterday evening. I was able to use the system overnight and even ironed with it this morning, however I was aware there was grid supply at some points overnight and therefore I can't say if it works or not.

It is early days yet. The risks are shortening the lifespan of the lithium and undercharging the lead acid but based on what seems to be happening as described by others, due to the BMS, lithium charges and discharges first and the lead acid charges and discharges last.

I will update the house on my experimentations and hopefully, no big bang episode! grin

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 2:33am On May 30, 2022
abbeymighty:
Hello house, please what is the difference between using one 12v tubular bat3 and two 12v tubular bat3 in parallel?. Also two 12v tubular bat3 in series to make it 24v.
Thanks in anticipation for your response
1. 1+1>1, that is 2 bat3 gives you more energy for use.
2. Energy in bat3 parallel is equal to energy for bat3 in series.
If you have 12v Inverter and 12v panels (150w or 180w) with pwm charge controller or mppt with any type of panels go with 12v parallel connection,
But if you have 24v Inverter with solar panels above 24v ( 250w and above) with pwm charge controller, go for series connection.
Every type of connection has their pros and cons.
Also basic use Inverter like 1kva and below uses 12v.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: AllyPolly, dragnet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.