Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2057653 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
bsideangel:
Link not working bro

Pls chat me on whatsapp from my signature.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by codeME: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
FireTheSun:

LifePo4 Cells are my best suggestion for you.
there is a Man on this thread @Valto, who can couple genuine Cells for you.

thank you so much sir. Any other good options apart from LifePo4? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
dammodee911:

Recently installed a 5.5kwh Smk hybrid on and off grid inverter system coupled with 4 units of 12v 200ah blue carbon lithium ion lifepo4 batteries and 8 450watts mono solar panels. Everything seems fine, but the only downside is that my 9kva firman 12990esr generator can’t seem to charge it. So far only the solar and Nepa light have been able to charge it. But with the raining season on full mode and epileptic power supply, I really need the generator option. My installer said my generator frequency isn’t enough, this is a generator that comfortably powers my 3hp inverter standing AC and 1.5hp inverter AC. What can I do pls? So far from the inverter screen, my gen produces btw 275 -285v and btw 48 - 50.5hz. Shouldn’t this be enough to charge the battery?

Why is your gen producing such high voltage?!... And an installer that tells your your gen isn't "producing enough frequency" without checking your gen frequency? I doubt the competence of such an installer tbh.

I think your generator should not exceed 240v, check the input voltage range of your inverter. The frequency of the gen looks ok to me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gozik1: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
If you look at the sticker pasted on the panel you'll notice rough cut at the edges, thats to show the panel is not Genuine Canadian Solar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gozik1: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
gadgetplanetng:
Who sells original panels?

@Valto suggested Auxano and they say no stock

& and attached image is the type I'm seeing which I won't buy.
That is not a genuine Canadian solar. Its rebranded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by billyadam(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
olopan:
Good day Guys,

putting together a solar calculator that can get your audit done in minutes, basically targeted at home users who are enthusiast or pro user

but i need to populate these list i have get going to get things up to speed. ...... everyone is free to add or correct existing data.

Appliances Wattage

LED Bulbs 3W - 3
LED Bulbs 5W -5
LED Bulbs 9W -9
LED Bulbs 18W -18
LED Pop Light 6W -6
LED Pop Light 18W -18
LED Pop Light 26W -26
Ox Fan 16" -120
Ox Fan 18" -140
Ox Fan 20" -180
Ceiling Fan - 80
Standing Fan -70
DC Fan -30
Rechargeable DC Fan -45
LED TV 32" -55
LED TV 42" -70
LED TV 50" -85
LED TV 70" -130
Laptop -70
CFL Bulbs 9W -9
CFL Bulbs 18W -18
CFL Bulbs 26W -26
Decoder -18
freezer -180
Fridge -120
Phone charging -12
Regular 1 HP AC -870
Regular 1.5 HP AC -1380
Regular 2 HP AC -2100
Inverter 1HP AC -480
Inverter 1.5HP AC -700
1 HP PUMP MACHINE -900
1.5HP PUMP MACH. -1400
LED Bulbs 10W - 10
Standing Chiller -200
Microwave -1200
Signage light - 90
Signage light Large -180

Thank you

1 HP is 750w, 2 HP is 1500w
Standard rating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
codeME:

thank you so much sir. Any other good options apart from LifePo4? Thanks.

At this moment, that is the best option l can recommend to another person and it is what l also use.
You can also read reviews of others on this thread, to help you make up your mind.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Thanks for your response, I understand your point. But I have done some research online and from all I could gather, the Jinko Tiger Pro series is actually either at par or even slightly better in performance and quality as Canadian solar.

https://lightningsolar.com.au/canadian-vs-jinko-solar-panels/

This is one out of many review I saw doing comparisons. Jinko appears to have come a long way. I believe the Tiger Pro series has an efficiency of 21.4% which is great.

No worries, Your Money, Your Choice!
All the best Sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
solareclips:
Thank youvery much for your swift response, please what of felicity solar?
Felicity solar is good.....and they give warranty
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Emarex: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
olopan:
I am happy to announce that the energy calculator I have been working on is finally ready and online!

It took me a while to figure out the many steps & formula to get it up to speed & a big thank you to sintolord, Xanderone, mctfopt, bigrovar for their help both offline & online. Though app is still been tweaked especially to be more handy for mobile users but presently tablets & PC are mostly compatible.

Purpose for the calculator was to make something local brewed that many of us are familiar with & use, those targeted are R.E Enthusiasts, Home users & professional users needing something on the fly to get their work done.

Video on how to get the hang of the web app is on YouTube https://youtu.be/_0DqPHNOcEM
Don't forget to make use of the chapter maker to skip to where you need in video

While for those who want to jump right into usage can check the link here https://rendezvoussolar.wixsite.com/home/offgrid-energy-calculator
N
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chrisatah94: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
Guys I need a 1kva or 1.5va solar power inverter. Solar power panel should be at least 300w monochristaline. How much will be the total cost of delivery and installation...Quote me on this message if you have /can do

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Igwe290: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
1kva 12v system
1kva inverter
2pcs of 170w panel
Charge controller
Cables
Installation
380k.

1.5kva 12v system
2pcs of 170w panel
Charge controller
Cables and installation
chrisatah94:
Guys I need a 1kva or 1.5va solar power inverter. Solar power panel should be at least 300w monochristaline. How much will be the total cost of delivery and installation...Quote me on this message if you have /can do
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Igwe290: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
chrisatah94:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
olopan:
Good day Guys,

putting together a solar calculator that can get your audit done in minutes, basically targeted at home users who are enthusiast or pro user

but i need to populate these list i have get going to get things up to speed. ...... everyone is free to add or correct existing data.

Appliances Wattage

LED Bulbs 3W - 3
LED Bulbs 5W -5
LED Bulbs 9W -9
LED Bulbs 18W -18
LED Pop Light 6W -6
LED Pop Light 18W -18
LED Pop Light 26W -26
Ox Fan 16" -120
Ox Fan 18" -140
Ox Fan 20" -180
Ceiling Fan - 80
Standing Fan -70
DC Fan -30
Rechargeable DC Fan -45
LED TV 32" -55
LED TV 42" -70
LED TV 50" -85
LED TV 70" -130
Laptop -70
CFL Bulbs 9W -9
CFL Bulbs 18W -18
CFL Bulbs 26W -26
Decoder -18
freezer -180
Fridge -120
Phone charging -12
Regular 1 HP AC -870
Regular 1.5 HP AC -1380
Regular 2 HP AC -2100
Inverter 1HP AC -480
Inverter 1.5HP AC -700
1 HP PUMP MACHINE -900
1.5HP PUMP MACH. -1400
LED Bulbs 10W - 10
Standing Chiller -200
Microwave -1200
Signage light - 90
Signage light Large -180

Thank you

Thanks for this info,
I might not be able to speak on the rest,
But AC, that calculation for inverter is misleading,

Let me elaborate abit,
An inverter and regular AC uses exactly same wattage no different 1 HP is 1 HP in terms of power.

Now the advantages of inverter over regular AC
1. No High/surge starting current.
2. DC compressor meaning you can reduce speed = reduce power consumption.
3. Can work with low voltage.

So in the real sense in terms of power, you are not really saving anything with inverter AC Just saving the your inverter from surge startup.

That's because, if it takes 5 hours to cool a room with 2 HP AC, your inverter can cool it in like 4- 4.5 hours but consumption is still the same.
And when you engage energy saving. Lol, it's like slowing your can from 100mph to 50mph,
You will get to your destination but at a longer time doesn't mean you have save fuel. Same goes with inverter AC when you engage energy saving on a 2HP Ac you just turn it to 1.5HP or 1HP.
Meaning if 2HP cool in 5 hours, 1HP would be 10+ hours.

So has energy being saved?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dammodee911: 2:13am On Jun 18, 2022
durodee:

You've identified the problem partway. The voltage of the gen is too high for starters . My experience is that some inverters will not use any power source that the voltage is unstable, above 250v or frequency less than 45Hz . You can attempt changing the gen's AVR and see

Thank you for your submission. I will take that into consideration and have a new AVR tested to see. Actually I have two generator, the older one which is a 5kva king craft is the one producing such high voltage of about 275v. My new firman produces btw 223v - 225v but still isn’t charging. I suspect the inverter probably needs some setting
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dammodee911: 2:14am On Jun 18, 2022
Thank you. Will try the. AVR option

mctfopt:

The output frequency of your generator appear to be ok. But isn't 275v to 285v too high? Most over voltage cut off devices will cut off voltages above 242v.

I think your generator's output voltage is too high and may be the reason the inverter cannot charge on gen use.

Consider either fixing the generator's high voltage or getting an AVR. But I think the latter is not really a cost effective fix.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dammodee911: 2:20am On Jun 18, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. I did try the suggestion of loading the gen but still didn’t fix the issue. Tomorrow will get a new AVR to test it with, hopefully that would fix it.

And yes my installer introduced me to the blue carbon lithium lifepo4 batteries, researched about it online and read some good stuff about it. It’s been barely a week, so I haven’t really tested it’s depth and efficiency, barely even had opportunity to charge it enough. No light and it’s been raining back to back. But will be sure to drop a feedback once I get the gen issue sorted hopefully. Thanks

ojeysky:

I will also look at the generator voltage again, you may also try to apply other loads on the Gen and then see if your inverter starts charging. Try a lower charge rate as well.
That said, will like feedback on this bluecarbon, I see you have 4 so each is 200ah 48v? and you have them in parallel or they are 200ah 12v each and you have them in series?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dammodee911: 2:22am On Jun 18, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. The input voltage range on the inverter label says 50/60hz I suppose

Trippledots:

Why is your gen producing such high voltage?!... And an installer that tells your your gen isn't "producing enough frequency" without checking your gen frequency? I doubt the competence of such an installer tbh.

I think your generator should not exceed 240v, check the input voltage range of your inverter. The frequency of the gen looks ok to me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 5:35am On Jun 18, 2022
codeME:
hello,
What will 300k be able to setup if i have a working old PRAG 2KVA - 24Volts. Location Abuja. Needed vey urgently.
and what type of battery are now best for solar/inverters?
Advice needed.
Thanks.

1. 300k will give you 2 tubular battery at 250k or 260k. To be charged with Grid supplies (NEPA)
Or if you can up your budget by 235k will give you ;
Batteries X 2, 600w or 640w solar panels( though not sufficient but at least for a start), 60A charge controller and cables for the installation.
2. Best batteries are lithium batteries but mostly expensive at the initial cost but pays in the long run.
Am in Abuja. 080-676526-three, nine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:55am On Jun 18, 2022
dammodee911:

Recently installed a 5.5kwh Smk hybrid on and off grid inverter system coupled with 4 units of 12v 200ah blue carbon lithium ion lifepo4 batteries and 8 450watts mono solar panels. Everything seems fine, but the only downside is that my 9kva firman 12990esr generator can’t seem to charge it. So far only the solar and Nepa light have been able to charge it. But with the raining season on full mode and epileptic power supply, I really need the generator option. My installer said my generator frequency isn’t enough, this is a generator that comfortably powers my 3hp inverter standing AC and 1.5hp inverter AC. What can I do pls? So far from the inverter screen, my gen produces btw 275 -285v and btw 48 - 50.5hz. Shouldn’t this be enough to charge the battery?

Was banned for posting this 2 days ago

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2022
18W DC/AC solar 56 inches long blade ceiling fan with remote Control, fan regulator, copper dc brushless motor coil and long connection wires. blows at very high speed. available for sale at 25,000. only
QASA 18" dc/ac standing fan, very low energy consumption @23k
EPEVER 12V/24V 30A MPPT Tracer A Series charge controller@53k.
different types lifepo4 lithium cells BMS and 105ah/100ah cells available

whatsapp 0802-057-4628.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2022
And some people here are still recommending SMK Inverters to Newbies here?! angry
Well, those that have Ears, let them hear, what the Spirit is saying.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Valto:
buy from this person

www.nairaland.com/odimbannamdi

Thank you very much for the recommendation, baba. Much appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2022
oliyeniun:
Hello house,

I purchased a PowMr 60A MPPT CC barely two months ago for my parents setup, unfortunately they called me that the display stopped working and they are not able to ascertain if the batteries are charging. Their installer also travelled so he hasnt been able to go take a look. Please any advice on what to do? Or anyone experience such? Thanks

Hi bro,

I am the unofficial distributor of the PowMr 60A MPPT Charge Controller... grin...took a break from Nairaland 'coz I was banned by an overzealous mod for 2 weeks...lol

Did you get this from me? Has the issue been resolved? If no, please reach out to me so I can see how to assist you further as I have some solid links to the factory. Come with pics and possibly videos of the item so that I can engage them on your behalf.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:00am On Jun 18, 2022
Juror:

Had similar experience, the CC was actually still charging but client required visibility so I had to sort out the client with a new CC, I'm expecting a replacement LCD to replace the bad one, hopefully it works.

Hi bro...sent u a PM, bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2022
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available
Price: 55,500 firm

Fairly used 30A Famicare Charger

Price: 15,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
zeestone99:
Available now.

Trina solar bifacial solar panels 485w - 102k

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order now

Funny coincidence. I just watched a Will Prowse You tube bifacial "Signature" brand solar panel review couple of minutes ago and I now see this post, about the first on this thread I think, about bifacial solar panel.

Na the installation go get problem sha. It has to be installed at a much higher level than the average regular panels and placed on a reflective/white surface in order to get the max out of it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
Valto:
i personally use prime 380w panels which is real capacity and performance has been great. get prime 450w from yingli office in alaba/ikeja for around 100k

Hello Valto. Hello @ Ojesky, @ Niyi, @ all.

Just a quick help here.

60A MakeSkyBlue MPPT already hooked to 3s 2p 360watts panels for a 48v system. Readings on the CC approach 35amps on some sun-smiling days.

Now there is intention to add more panels. But apparently original Felicity 360w are scarce in the market, or rather let me say my trusted supplier has ran out of stock. And I honestly don't want to source from another point until such a time he has stocks available, something which seems to be taking forever.

I know other vendors here may have it, but I've over time developed a relationship with my supplier such that he gives "pay later options" on some days, reason I'd still want to stick with him on the Felicity.

Okay so I thought, maybe I can get 3s configs of other higher or lower rated panels in parallel with it, at least I can source for those from my existing supplier or a new honest supplier altogether if the former has no stocks.

So is it allowed to get something like 410w panel in 2s or 300w panel in 3s or 270w panel in 3s and then parallel the string to the pre-existing 3s 360w on the same MPPT CC?

Will that step be a blunder or it isn't considered counterproductive considering that the VoCs from the new proposed strings will differ from the pre-existing strings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Feshizzy:

Thanks for this info,
I might not be able to speak on the rest,
But AC, that calculation for inverter is misleading,

Let me elaborate abit,
An inverter and regular AC uses exactly same wattage no different 1 HP is 1 HP in terms of power.

Now the advantages of inverter over regular AC
1. No High/surge starting current.
2. DC compressor meaning you can reduce speed = reduce power consumption.
3. Can work with low voltage.

So in the real sense in terms of power, you are not really saving anything with inverter AC Just saving the your inverter from surge startup.

That's because, if it takes 5 hours to cool a room with 2 HP AC, your inverter can cool it in like 4- 4.5 hours but consumption is still the same.
And when you engage energy saving. Lol, it's like slowing your can from 100mph to 50mph,
You will get to your destination but at a longer time doesn't mean you have save fuel. Same goes with inverter AC when you engage energy saving on a 2HP Ac you just turn it to 1.5HP or 1HP.
Meaning if 2HP cool in 5 hours, 1HP would be 10+ hours.

So has energy being saved?

Firstly, the surge component of the regular compressor consumes their own fair share of the available power, a disadvantage clearly lacking in inverter devices.

The surges can rate as high as trice to five times the running power. So you can have as high as 3kw for a 1.2kw regular compressor. No matter how transient that surge is, it impacts your battery storage and if you closely monitor your battery while it is both in either inverter device or the regular ones, you'll notice some differences in the backup. You'll notice these differences too if you use municipal power supply where consumption is correctly calculated. But you can also use a smart plug like the Tuya Smart plugs to also calculate these differences.

The inverter devices as you rightly agreed lack that surge/massive draw, hence you save that transient high power consumption.

Secondly, inverter devices aren't just for the name and not just to reduce the power, but for specific scenarios where power wastages will occur. Your regular compressor keeps working at the SAME power rating even when your desired ambient conditions have been attained. That's like keeping your tap running even after your bucket is full. There's no sense in keeping the tap running when the receptacle is full. Worst part is that even though the thermostat regulator kicks in to mimic the working pattern of the inverter counterpart, it still ends up consuming more because of the frequent surge-accompanied startups.

Your inverter device ramps down the speed of the compressor and therefore consumption of power once the desired ambient conditions are achieved. Hence for a closed room where the internal temperature is kept well insulated from the outside warmer temperature, your inverter AC gives you true value for your buck.

Of course, in a situation where you have frequent mix of the internal and external temperature conditions like in frequent opening and closing of the room doors or of the freezer, the compressor appropriately ramps up speed and work to attain/keep the preset ambient conditions, hence inverter or not, it ends up doing as much work as your regular compressor will do, ditto the power consumed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
Xanderone:

Hello Valto. Hello @ Ojesky, @ Niyi, @ all.

Just a quick help here.

60A MakeSkyBlue MPPT already hooked to 3s 2p 360watts panels for a 48v system. Readings on the CC approach 35amps on some sun-smiling days.

Now there is intention to add more panels. But apparently original Felicity 360w are scarce in the market, or rather let me say my trusted supplier has ran out of stock. And I honestly don't want to source from another point until such a time he has stocks available, something which seems to be taking forever.

I know other vendors here may have it, but I've over time developed a relationship with my supplier such that he gives "pay later options" on some days, reason I'd still want to stick with him on the Felicity.

Okay so I thought, maybe I can get 3s configs of other higher or lower rated panels in parallel with it, at least I can source for those from my existing supplier or a new honest supplier altogether if the former has no stocks.

So is it allowed to get something like 410w panel in 2s or 300w panel in 3s or 270w panel in 3s and then parallel the string to the pre-existing 3s 360w on the same MPPT CC?

Will that step be a blunder or it isn't considered counterproductive considering that the VoCs from the new proposed strings will differ from the pre-existing strings?

If I get you right, you already have 6 units of 360 panels wired in 3s2p and you want to add another? You can do 2s of 410w in Parallel with the existing one because you want to get the voltage as close as possible to the existing strings, but note that this is not an optimal setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
ceaser:

Funny coincidence. I just watched a Will Prowse You tube bifacial "Signature" brand solar panel review couple of minutes ago and I now see this post, about the first on this thread I think, about bifacial solar panel.

Na the installation go get problem sha. It has to be installed at a much higher level than the average regular panels and placed on a reflective/white surface in order to get the max out of it.

The best for Carport installations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: S4SOLOMON4(m), sirrotex, kristien4(m), ojesymsym, Obnoxious2001(m), odimbannamdi(m), ceaser, Malquisoft(m), jameslojohn(m), Ayomipoe(m), Hero2t and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.