Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063345 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
ceaser:

Funny coincidence. I just watched a Will Prowse You tube bifacial "Signature" brand solar panel review couple of minutes ago and I now see this post, about the first on this thread I think, about bifacial solar panel.

Na the installation go get problem sha. It has to be installed at a much higher level than the average regular panels and placed on a reflective/white surface in order to get the max out of it.

I use bifacial and though it's not a car port setup I still get some hervest from the other side of the Panel so long as there is sunlight ray getting to the other side.. However a carport setup will make sense and more Optimal. It just makes sense to get it especially when price and quality is same with the single faces......one may find a need to change configuration within the 25 years lifespan cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2022
Well, this is the theory & ideal HP-Watt but reality is mostly different.

Since this is a real life scenario the figure was based on what this showed based on site, experiments & different product sampling while working.

If you have real life difference please kindly share.

billyadam:

1 HP is 750w, 2 HP is 1500w
Standard rating
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2022
Nice explanation,

I may not be not an HVAC expert but field test shows a bit from what you pointing to here

In summary a normal AC would deliver close to perfect programmed temperature while an inverter will work to comfort close to the set temperature.

BOTH cool so that's the win there. cheesy

Replies are bolded.
Feshizzy:

Thanks for this info,
I might not be able to speak on the rest,
But AC, that calculation for inverter is misleading,

Let me elaborate abit,
An inverter and regular AC uses exactly same wattage no different 1 HP is 1 HP in terms of power. - NO! Only if the setting to work like a normal AC is choose by default it works at a lower power

So in the real sense in terms of power, you are not really saving anything with inverter AC Just saving the your inverter from surge startup. - Bear in mind that an Invert AC was made for power efficiency & not for inverter, with an inverter it makes more sense since the surge is out & energy is been saved due to it variable compressor architecture.

That's because, if it takes 5 hours to cool a room with 2 HP AC, your inverter can cool it in like 4- 4.5 hours but consumption is still the same. - I think you just answered the question with this paragraph

If your normal 2HP AC consume 2200W for 5 hrs neglecting compressor on & off time - then 11KWh have been used.

If an inverter AC 2HP runs for 5 hours also lets say it consume 1400W then 7KWh has been used

And when you engage energy saving. Lol, it's like slowing your can from 100mph to 50mph,
You will get to your destination but at a longer time doesn't mean you have save fuel. Same goes with inverter AC when you engage energy saving on a 2HP Ac you just turn it to 1.5HP or 1HP.
Meaning if 2HP cool in 5 hours, 1HP would be 10+ hours.

So has energy being saved? - YES
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2022
Happy fathers day to all father in the house, please i need pure sine wave inverter that is not consume more energy during charging and idle time time
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
abbeymighty:
Happy fathers day to all father in the house, please i need pure sine wave inverter that is not consume more energy during charging and idle time time
look no further than TBB power inverter. what system do u have? 12v or 24v

24v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery available

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
Valto:

Any link to where one can buy the terminal in this your battery box?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
mank1234:

Aliexpress
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
Valto:

Sir am not talking of battery, am considering the power consumption on public power supply, i want inverter that will consume less power when there is public power supply. thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
abbeymighty:
Sir am not talking of battery, am considering the power consumption on public power supply, i want inverter that will consume less power when there is public power supply. thanks
and i gave a suggestion. tbb inverters has very low idle consumption
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
mank1234:

electronics market idi oro mushin and at arena oshodi.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:47am On Jun 20, 2022
3.75kwh, 5kwh and 10kwh felicity lithium battery battery are all available now.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:48am On Jun 20, 2022
10kwh Chevron lithium battery available, #900,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2022
100A MUST mppt controller available, #130,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:51am On Jun 20, 2022
220Ah 12v Multi power tubular battery available, #130,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2022
5kwh felicity lithium battery available, #570,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Available now

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 285k

Sunmart 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 310k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 260k

Epever 60a mppt charge controller - 125k

Epever 100a mppt charge controller - 200k

Must 100a mppt solar charge controller - 130k

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 95k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 195k

Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter - (150k out of stock )

1.7kva smarten inverter PSW - 87k

5kva sorotec revo vmii parallel 100a - 410k
Avr/current limiter 60a - 8k
3 in 1 avr/current limiter with kwh display - 15k
DC SPD 600v - 9k
Watt meter - 7.5k
Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 7k
Programmable timer 25a - 8k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 8k
Dv breaker double pole 125a - 9k
Ha02 battery balancer - 30k
30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 20k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a - 19k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a - 22k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 70k
Fangpusun 50amps mppt controller - 65k
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k (out of stock)
60amps powermr mppt - 68k
Quanta 200ah original - 186k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:06am On Jun 20, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Glow energy 2.5kva 24v Pure sine wave power Inverter available.

Made in India
Price: 130k

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
So I was just thinking randomly about what exactly is the ultimate aim of what we are all trying to achieve with Solar?
Is it uninterrupted power supply?
Is it cheaper electricity?
Is it about the environment?
Or other things?
And which among these is the most important for most of us here?

Because for example, if it's about saving money, from some rough calculations I have done, it appears off-grid solar is simply the most expensive way to make electricity, No?
So does off grid even make any sense? Or is it best to combine grid and solar to create that uninterrupted supply (and cheaper bacause of grid?).

What are your thoughts on these?

NiyiOmoIyunade Ojeysky olopan valto earthrealm GeorgeD1 Bigrovar

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Power on demand for me

I can be comfortable for hours with gen, inverter, grid off and full but knowing whenever I want power I have options is reassuring
sethtsadopp:
So I was just thinking randomly about what exactly is the ultimate aim of what we are all trying to achieve with Solar?
Or other things?

Because for example, if it's about saving money, from some rough calculations I have done, it appears off-grid solar is simply the most expensive way to make electricity, No?
So does off grid even make any sense? Or is it best to combine grid and solar to create that uninterrupted supply (and cheaper bacause of grid?).

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Or other things?

For me it's about uninterrupted power supply, I cannot afford to run generator for several hours continously for several days, with the current price of diesel.

Also if I can afford to buy a 20kVA MIKANO or CAT gen then I should be able to afford setting up a decent off grid or partially offgrid solution

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Uninterrupted power supply.
Whatever combination or permutations that will give me that AT THE LEAST COST MARGIN I am ok with .
Next consideration is RELIABILITY and EASE of operations. I travel a lot and the family must be comfortable in my absence.
My setup is not for BUGA or showmanship.
sethtsadopp:
Or other things?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Or other things?

hello bro,
i started this journey into energy freedom over 10yrs ago primarily because i was frustrated with then epileptic
power situation in the country. i ran electricity generators for a while and kept asking myself "is there no better way
of providing power than this?" then, i started making some research and discovered there was actually a sustainable
alternative to what i was struggling to achieve: solar power.
so, long answer cut short: its about energy freedom (that feeling of being in control of your energy supply is something
out of this world smiley also, being able to quietly harness the power of the sun on a bright sunny day while others are
lamenting and complaining about the heat could be hilarious to say the least wink
lastly, its about economics. believe it or not, its cheaper to go solar in the long run compared to running fuel guzzling
generators. i did a cost calculation years ago (when fuel was still 65 naira per liter) and realized that i was able to recover
everything i spent in setting up my solar system within 2yrs if i were to run my generator 3hrs everyday excluding oil
changes and regular maintenance.
with fuel now at 165 naira per liter and likelihood of increment of pump price in the near future, your guess is as good
as mine how long it would take to recoup my investment if i had set it up at this present time.
to cap it up, there's no better time to go off-grid than now. my solar set up keeps making more sense on a daily basis
when i hear of frequent national grid collapse and fuel scarcity with vehicle queues everywhere. the sun has never
collapsed as far back as modern man started keeping records and never have my solar modules run out of juice.
with solar, i tell you there's no scarcity! smiley

21 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 12:06am On Jun 21, 2022
GeorgeD1:

hello bro,
i started this journey into energy freedom over 10yrs ago primarily because i was frustrated with then epileptic
power situation in the country. i ran electricity generators for a while and kept asking myself "is there no better way
of providing power than this?" then, i started making some research and discovered there was actually a sustainable
so, long answer cut short: its about energy freedom (that feeling of being in control of your energy supply is something
out of this world smiley also, being able to quietly harness the power of the sun on a bright sunny day while others are
lamenting and complaining about the heat could be hilarious to say the least wink
lastly, its about economics. believe it or not, its cheaper to go solar in the long run compared to running fuel guzzling
generators. i did a cost calculation years ago (when fuel was still 65 naira per liter) and realized that i was able to recover
everything i spent in setting up my solar system within 2yrs if i were to run my generator 3hrs everyday excluding oil
with fuel now at 165 naira per liter and likelihood of increment of pump price in the near future, your guess is as good
as mine how long it would take to recoup my investment if i had set it up at this present time.
to cap it up, there's no better time to go off-grid than now. my solar set up keeps making more sense on a daily basis
when i hear of frequent national grid collapse and fuel scarcity with vehicle queues everywhere. the sun has never
collapsed as far back as modern man started keeping records and never have my solar modules run out of juice.

You have put it, as best as no one could.
FREEDOM, ON-DEMAND, COST SAVINGS.
Solar is supposed to pay for itself over a long time, but with the high cost of energy (Gas, Electricity, Fuel) and the incessant grid collapse of our Country, Solar is paying for itself in even shorter time than was predicted (averagely 15yrs)

Is there anyone in the House who knows about conversion of Petrol Engine to Electric ?
My problem is how to convert my Petrol Car Engines to run on Electric (not looking to buy off the shelf Electric Vehicles).
Like we did for home use, l want to be able to use flexible (and even if not flexible) Solar Panels on the Roof of my car and let it harness juice when l park it in the Sun. I also want to be able to load the bot with LifePo4 cells, as much as l want.

I have heard snippets of people who convert Petrol Engines to use Gas or even turn it to EV but there is a serious knowledge gap on how to do it.
Na so e dey take start o, fertile minds on this thread should please roll it over in their minds.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earnvest: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2022
FireTheSun:

You have put it, as best as no one could.
FREEDOM, ON-DEMAND, COST SAVINGS.
Solar is supposed to pay for itself over a long time, but with the high cost of energy (Gas, Electricity, Fuel) and the incessant grid collapse of our Country, Solar is paying for itself in even shorter time than was predicted (averagely 15yrs)

Is there anyone in the House who knows about conversion of Petrol Engine to Electric ?
My problem is how to convert my Petrol Car Engines to run on Electric (not looking to buy off the shelf Electric Vehicles).
Like we did for home use, l want to be able to use flexible (and even if not flexible) Solar Panels on the Roof of my car and let it harness juice when l park it in the Sun. I also want to be able to load the bot with LifePo4 cells, as much as l want.

I have heard snippets of people who convert Petrol Engines to use Gas or even turn it to EV but there is a serious knowledge gap on how to do it.
Na so e dey take start o, fertile minds on this thread should please roll it over in their minds.

This playlist covers an EV conversion for a Mini Cooper. Nothing fanciful but functional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:43am On Jun 21, 2022
earnvest:

This playlist covers an EV conversion for a Mini Cooper. Nothing fanciful but functional.

I love your moniker.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:08am On Jun 21, 2022
For me IMO, Solar is a way to save cost on other power sources while ensuring uninterrupted power supply is achieved. And while going completely offgrid is great, it is expensive as you've said, having the grid as major backup & generator as last resort goes a long way especially for those with prepaid meters

sethtsadopp:
Or other things?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Hi bro...sent u a PM, bro
Oh.. sorry,
I don't have access to the email on this account anymore.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Do you want a good strong quality UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) , EMERSON/VERTIV/LIEBERT is the solution you need. Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919 for Various Sizes of EMERSON/VERTIV/LIEBERT UPS. Our Offices are in Lagos & Abuja, we also do nationwide delivery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2022
NOW AVAILABLE! HURRY !!!

Growatt HVM transformer based pure sine wave inverter series

6KW SPF6000HVM + Module ....... ₦700,000
8KW SPF8000HVM + Module ..... . ₦950,000
10KW SPF10000HVM + Module ... ₦1,250,000

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2022
GeorgeD1:

hello bro,

You said it all Chief .. #Regards

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Or other things?

I would rather use an analogy to answer your question.

in the good old day, when nigerian roads were safe, when travelling to your village, even though public transport is cheaper, do you go by public transport or drive your own vehicle?.
or school runs for your kids, if you have a car, do you put your children on the cheaper public transport or you drive them in your car?.
same goes for going to your work place, public transport is usually cheaper, but you choose to drive your car........

there comes a point in a mans life, when he places his comfort above money, you are in your house and nepa strikes by 2am, and temperature is high, unless you are among the mega rich in nigeria with unlimited money, then you could have a huge soundproof diesel gen with automatic start/changeover...so it kicks in automatically, but the avg nigerian will either endure the heat, or have to go out and turn on the noisy petrol gen disturbing the nebos + announcing or providing cover for robbers.

and even if you analyse it thoroughly, solar/renewable energy is far cheaper than running gens and even grid. most solar setups pay for itself after 2 to 3 yrs maximum.. if you use 1 OR 2 ACs in your home and you run same for up to 12 hours daily @ 52naira per kwh, and you didn't bypass the phcn prepaid meter, your monthly bill will be over 50k monthly...and up to 100k if you run it 247. meanwhile a renewable energy setup with 3m to 4m naira will give you same comfort, and if you do the maths well, after 2 to 3 yrs......it cancels out and you start enjoying free power.

lithium battery has made renewable energy workable , affordable and easier for the average man

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: emmaniche and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.