Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049531 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available, #1,300,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

5yrs warranty!!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
10kwh 48v blue carbon lithium battery now available, #1,300,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
310w sunpower solar panels available, #74,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
100Ah 12v double tech battery available, #60,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
180w Sunfit solar panels available, #40,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,700,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
2.5kva 24v Diamond inverter available, #140,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
450w Rubitec solar panels available, #120,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
60w felicity All in one solar street light available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
3.5kva 24v soccer power inverter available, #160,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
Who is that person that buys used/dead lead acid batteries? Quote me if you are the one
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
Shop on AliExpress using a GTBank Dollar Mastercard and for every purchase over $80, get $30 off. T&Cs Apply.

I just got this from GTB. Has anyone tried it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
Trippledots:
Shop on AliExpress using a GTBank Dollar Mastercard and for every purchase over $80, get $30 off. T&Cs Apply.

It's on AliExpress itself so most likely true

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
Dear Sir,

You are not incorrect about cable gauges & transient voltages but there are so many factors to consider in the matter of surge protection.

I have reproduced below key portions of my original response to the OP - the binding constraint is that the SPD installation was not part of original design so except for redoing the whole main panel, 50cm or 1meter rules required by the various standards would be hard to achieve - thus the reco was use the SPDs in a tiered fashion.

About cable gauges, see attached an excerpt from the resource you shared on minimum conductor sizing for limiting voltage rise and short circuit current withstand

NiyiOmoIyunade:
What SPDs are you buying?....

The 1 meter rule is to achieve best chance of protection in case of an induced surge by placing the SPD as close to the protected device as possible - 1 meter is a lot of space in an electrical enclosure and I see no trouble meeting it.

If especially exposed or at risk, you can do tiered protection cascading several SPDs all the way from possible point of fault incidence to protected device.

mank1234:

Upsizing cable does not offer any advantage when it comes to transient voltage (lightening). The key is to ensure that cable length is short. Like in the diagram below L1+L2+L3 should be less than 50cm.

To achieve above, SPD should be close to load branches in the DB, the earth wire between the SPD and the DB should be very short, free of other wires and not coiled (should be straight).

If the above is not possible, he should opt for type 3 SPD at the point the device is located..

https://www.electrical-installation.org/enwiki/Connection_of_Surge_Protection_Device

https://www.electrical-installation.org/enwiki/Cabling_rules_of_Surge_Protection_Device

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Large Quantity of 12V:200AH Original Gaston Battery with 1 year Warranty available for Sale in Lagos and Abuja.
You can Call/Watsapp us on 08066332919

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Trippledots:

You're still going to fund it with personally sourced dollars which you would most likely get at black market rate.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Dear Sir,

You are not incorrect about cable gauges & transient voltages but there are so many factors to consider in the matter of surge protection.

I have reproduced below key portions of my original response to the OP - the binding constraint is that the SPD installation was not part of original design so except for redoing the whole main panel, 50cm or 1meter rules required by the various standards would be hard to achieve - thus the reco was use the SPDs in a tiered fashion.

About cable gauges, see attached an excerpt from the resource you shared on minimum conductor sizing for limiting voltage rise and short circuit current withstand

The minimum conductor size is so that it can withstand short circuit current and is not intended to limit the voltage the protected device sees if surge occurs.

Your original recommendation for upsizing cable was to offer protection (not for short circuit protection).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello My People.

The rate at which you people are giving Egbon Niyi WotoWoto left and right no be here o. Allow my guy rest nau grin grin grin

That was on a lighter note.

So, as is the tradition in this thread after a few active posts and rigorous discourse, the marketers come in and spam the thread for a few more pages and justcallmenuel has been on a roll lately with his products. angry angry Interestingly however, what caught my eye and this is something i had talked about before was the range of lithium battery system by Felicity Solar. For those who want a residential solar setup (4 batteries (48v) and above) and looking to go Lithium (cheaply), it is not a bad start. The advantages of lithium over lead at scale will save you more in the long run with a quality of life without worries. An all in one, plug and play lithium battery system is ideal where you don't need to be worrying constantly and checking your batteries all the time. But please be cautioned that Felicity Solar products have been talked about here extensively about their durability, not being at full capacity despite the stated nameplate or using grade B batteries in their products. Their Google Reviews is also terrible as posted by previous buyers. But they do have an office you can go to for warranty issues and repairs so buy at your own risk.

1. Felicity Solar

https://www.felicitysolar.com/

Felicity Solar NIG Ltd
Sales tel : 07049849961(Jimmy), 09131860287(Shawn), 09029376699(Nancy), 09090800915(Samael)
After-sale service tel : 09032082546
Office Add : Plot 1, Tomezi Avenue, Ago Road, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos
Email : samael@felicitysolar.com, nancy@felicitysolar.com

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2022
But this now leads me into a category for those interested in purchasing an all in one plug and play LifeP04 battery system that you can just plug and forget. While some of my senior ogas in the house (@bigbrovar & co) prefer the DIY route of buying the cells, bottom/top balancing them, adding BMS and wiring it up together, creating a compartment to place the entire setup etc where they have control and can tweak the setup, some of us are not so technically minded and prefer a system that comes ready made. Enter Server Rack LifeP04 batteries. These are battery systems that come pre-configured with cells, BMS, etc and you just plug it to your inverter. Some even come with CAN bus communication for tighter integration. Some examples include:

1. SOK Batteries 48v 100ah

https://www.currentconnected.com/

8 Volt (51.2 Nominal) 100Ah, 5.12 kWh
20 Year Typical Lifespan & 10 Year Warranty
Cells rated for 80% Capacity after 4000 Cycles, 100% DOD @1C Rate
Typical capacity at 80% DOD @.5C Rate is over 7000 Cycles
Maintenance Free
Built-In Smart Battery Management System (BMS)
5 Temperature sensors, protected from low and high temperatures
Pre-Charge Circuit to Prevent BMS Damage
Detachable cover, user serviceable BMS and cells
RS485 & CANBus communication, works with many inverters.
Rack Mountable for quick and easy installation
Well-written English instruction manual & documentation here.
$1,789.99 x N730 as at 23/08/2022 = N1,306,692.7 excluding shipping & taxes

2. EG4-LifePower4 48V 100AH

https://signaturesolar.com/

Tier One, A+ Cell Composition
99% Efficiency LiFePo4 16-Cell Pack
Max Energy Density
Flexible Racking Options
Environmentally Friendly & Lead-Free
Stress-Free Battery Bank Expansion Capacity
Longer Lasting; 10-20 year Design Life
Reliable Built-In BMS, Voltage, Current, Temp. and Health Management
UL rated battery pack.
$1,449.00 x N730 as at 23/08/2022 = N1,057,770 excluding shipping & taxes

3. Jakiper JK48V100 51.2V 100Ah

https://jakiperbattery.com/

>4000 Cycles at 80% depth of discharge
Power key (for BMS On/Off)
Create 48 Volt Storage Systems
Connect in parallel, up to 16 for 81,920 Watts
Automatic system cell balancing
All parameters available on LCD display
Temperature monitoring (high and low cut-off), 6 temperature sensors
Exceptional voltage stability
Maintenance-free
No hydrogen generation or gassing
<70% the weight of similarly sized SLA batteries
$1,739.00 x N730 as at 23/08/2022 = N1,269,470 excluding shipping & taxes

You will have to import these batteries with the extra cost attached but from what i have seen some installers quote for solar installations in Nigeria, you can comfortably import these with all the charges and still have some change left over. If you have a residential home and want to have peace of mind as regards batteries and want to try out the LifeP04 life, then i recommend you check out these alternative products. There is a premium segment of course looking at the https://bydbatterybox.com/ and https://en.pylontech.com.cn/ for those who are blessed in the spirit (@Niyi and co.) grin grin. Be informed and spend your money wisely.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2022
AndroBlaze:

Well if my years of experience of living with LA in the real world is not testing them, I wonder what is.

Anyway, as the goal here is for all of us to learn the easy way (through experience prefeably than experiments that are costly)... I am sharing another video with more "English" and more expensive LA batteries used apparently....but its still the same findings which is consistent with what we LA users live with and know.

Not as easy and simple to follow as the other video, but still points to the same thing, which if I can use Ojesky's word,"LA batteries will not perform magic" no matter how expensive.

So I still stand by the claim earlier, "you cannot get 120A from a 100AH LA for 20 mins or anything close to that in real life use".

Obviously we await your test or any other test debunking this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy3hga_P5YY&feature=youtu.be

The most important thing to take out of this needless argument is that anyone who has the means should go for Lithium from the world go. LA has unfortunately become an expensive lottery, especially with the low quality Indian and Chinese imports.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
IYGEAL:

You're still going to fund it with personally sourced dollars which you would most likely get at black market rate.

Yeah but he will be getting 30usd off which is great deal IMO.....just annoying GTB didn't apply this to their visa card
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
samnaija:

This is the wiring diagram, apart from the battery balancers ,other minor wiring to ensure a well balanced bank . These was provided by @mctrinity a while back.

Thanks for the provision of the diagram for future reference.

Although yours is a complex system. My expected setup for now is 24v 1600va luminous inverter with two 150ah/200ah luminous tubular batteries.

Will I be needing this battery balancer for my anticipated 24v setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
samir101ng:

These are all solar equipment sellers with a good online presence. You can also add https://www.solardepotng.com/ to that list. But i have personally never had any dealings with them. And some of them have had issues that had been reported here already on this platform. Therefore, you transact at your own risks. In my previous posts, the resellers i posted were authorized dealers who have signed agreements with the global brands to be their representatives in Nigeria so they carry a bit more weight in my opinion. Also, i highly advise you visit a sellers office and check out availability and price of their products. A lot of these sellers don't update their websites and contact numbers to reflect realities. Therefore, go to there office and deal face to face is my honest opinion.

Warranty and fault repairs should also be discussed extensively before purchase to avoid issues later on.

Thanks for the update, can you please list the sellers that have had issues among the ones I posted?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks for the provision of the diagram for future reference.

Although yours is a complex system. My expected setup for now is 24v 1600va luminous inverter with two 150ah/200ah luminous tubular batteries.

Will I be needing this battery balancer for my anticipated 24v setup?

Get a balancer, it always necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
saint2ace:

The bolded is quite unnecessary as verifiable facts has proven that lithium batteries can withstand higher amps draws than Lead Acid, it's that simple.

I have personally done a 120a draw on a 12v 100ah with a 200a BMS slapped on it.

While we express our views based on whatever scenerio, let's do it with a pinch of decorum. Cheers.....
stop putting pepper in my eyes �
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toyeoye(m): 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
Good evening chairmen! I've been immersed in research lately as I try and get the best set-up for my house. I've read a lot about the importance of micro inverters but I've not come across anyone mention it here.

Is this not vital to longevity of anyone using solar or it's too costly or complex?

Thanks guys
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
toyeoye:
Good evening chairmen! I've been immersed in research lately as I try and get the best set-up for my house. I've read a lot about the importance of micro inverters but I've not come across anyone mention it here.

Is this not vital to longevity of anyone using solar or it's too costly or complex?

Thanks guys

Micro inverters are not common in Nigeria. Besides hybrid inverter has taken over Nigeria basically does the same converts dc to ac .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
kiekie1:
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave standalone power Inverter.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring 100% pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

40,000 PROMO PRICE : 35,000

FOR BEGINNERS, HERE'S A BRIEF VIDEO CLIP TO GUIDE YOU REGARDING POWER INVERTERS;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oTheLB-ZEY

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

SOLD OUT!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
samnaija:

Micro inverters are not common in Nigeria. Besides hybrid inverter has taken over Nigeria basically does the same converts dc to ac .

I will personally not recommend microinverters for several reasons.
1. Cost. It is likely to be more expensive as each panel will have its own inverter. If you add more panels you need to buy more microinverters.
2. You end up with more failure points.
3. It is more technically involving and I doubt that our local installers have experience with it.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:45am On Aug 24, 2022
samnaija:

Get a balancer, it always necessary.

Okay bro, thanks. What does the balancer do?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 3:06am On Aug 24, 2022
TechGeek777:

Okay bro, thanks. What does the balancer do?

Just like the names says, it redistribute charges between batteries, hence if a battery is getting more charge than the other, the balancer ensures all batteries are close to each other in charge or almost close in voltages.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:24am On Aug 24, 2022
samnaija:

Just like the names says, it redistribute charges between batteries, hence if a battery is getting more charge than the other, the balancer ensures all batteries are close to each other in charge or almost close in voltages.

Appreciate bro for the numerous responses.

With a charge controller that accepts inputs, for equalization purpose, is the balancer still needed or does the equalization also acts as balancer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Fremlin, ekkywolex(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.