Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071080 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2022
mctfopt:

Why do Nigerians hide the very thing that could be a deal breaker in a deal? What happens to stating the true nature of the item allowing the buyer to decide to buy or not? Must everything be scammy in nature? Dang. I tire.
do your due deligence before comeenting it is going to help in future
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:42am On Oct 12, 2022
I send my techs out to the field with Ingco and Total products and they kick ass. All the batteries are also swappable amongst each other.

If not Ingco then you could choose one of the popular US brands like Dewalt or Black & Decker and if you really wanna splurge the Japanese brands (e.g the famous and much venerated Makita)

See Ingo drill driver below - I have a few pieces each of their cordless drill, hammer drill, angle grinder and they all rock!

mctfopt:
Who knows of a good battery powered drill/screwdriver? Which one have you used for years and still rocking?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2022
Valto:
eeyah, it is a pity. sorry for your 10k loss. he should have indicated that the inverter is faulty and needed repairs. it is well sha.
inverter needed only the display board changed which i have not had the time to fix when done i will post and do pictures that is why i gave him that orice if was willing to change himself if not then he should forget and ibadan cost 10k to mowe. that guy is an electrician turned installer Nigerian have a serious problem
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Hmmmmmmmm. The Oga Adrusa I know is not a man or preacher of love o!

Let me drop my 2 cents before the fallout may come.

It was not apparent from your original posts that there was any issue whatsoever with the MPP inverter - the language and presentation was much like Oh I used this for a while and have now upgraded to better equipment so happy to let the MPP go.

If you had mentioned any sort of fault no matter how minor, buyer would have been guided and also pricing would be appropriate for the actual condition of said goods.

I daresay in your shoes I would have fixed the inverter first before putting it up for sale - if it then later has issues in the new user's custody then that is on them.

You should probably moderate your post and reach out and smooth things over at the backend - without much effort we all already have enough enemies and troubles in this life, no need to add on more wahala by deliberate choice.

desiji:

....when we talked i told you how much you wanted to buy a MPP 8kw inverter for 450k which i already know i was going to fix because the display board was defective i had other things doing which i couldn't fix i wanted to give an mppt board as JARA ....

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I send my techs out to the field with Ingco and Total products and they kick ass. All the batteries are also swappable amongst each other.

If not Ingco then you could choose one of the popular US brands like Dewalt or Black & Decker and if you really wanna splurge the Japanese brands (e.g the famous and much venerated Makita)

See Ingo drill driver below - I have a few pieces each of their cordless drill, hammer drill, angle grinder and they all rock!

I know DeWalt is top of the shelf, I'm just afraid when you buy in Nigeria it could be a clone you are buying. I have an Ingco clamp meter, those guys appear to produce every tool you can think of. So far between Ingco and Total, which do you recommend? Don't wanna end up getting a clone of the more renowned brands. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:56am On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:
do your due deligence before comeenting it is going to help in future

Due diligence before I comment? Did the poster lie? I don't get this.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2022
mctfopt:
Who knows of a good battery powered drill/screwdriver? Which one have you used for years and still rocking?

My tools are all bosch.

Though for personal use.

I buy from their dealers here: https://www.bosch-professional.com/ng/en/knowledge-innovation/quality-made-affordable/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:
inverter needed only the display board changed which i have not had the time to fix when done i will post and do pictures that is why i gave him that orice if was willing to change himself if not then he should forget and ibadan cost 10k to mowe. that guy is an electrician turned installer Nigerian have a serious problem

I have an electrician that I use for all my electrical works, few year ago I started involving him in all my renewable energy setups (they are just a few); I talk to theory he does the practical. Now renewable energy is one of the things he advertise as his competence. If an electrician cannot tell whether an inverter is perfectly okay then he is not a proper electrician.

So when you say "Nigerian have a serious problem" that joke is actually on you chairman.

Just acknowledge you made a mistake, perhaps you didn't expect a buyer to show up quite fast which would have given you enough time to fix...explains one of the reasons you went for an upgrade.

12 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2022
I use Bosch GSB 180Li. It a 3 in 1 (drives screws/lag bolts, drill and hammer mode).

Comes with two batteries and Bosch has a service centre off Kudirat Abiola way if you need parts or repairs.
mctfopt:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 8:52am On Oct 12, 2022
ojeysky:

I have an electrician that I use for all my electrical works, few year ago I started involving him in all my renewable energy setups (they are just a few); I talk to theory he does the practical. Now renewable energy is one of the things he advertise as his competence. If an electrician cannot tell whether an inverter is perfectly okay then he is not a proper electrician.

So when you say "Nigerian have a serious problem" that joke is actually on you chairman.

Just acknowledge you made a mistake, perhaps you didn't expect a buyer to show up quite fast which would have given you enough time to fix...explains one of the reasons you went for an upgrade.
No we had a talk he said to even give him for free, you know we had also talked about a 5Kw before when pricing was not ok, we let it go, him calling me a guy at my age can you imagine and i just came back from base had a lot on my plate to fix before settling down to change the board, he should ask his boy he sent what i told him, calling me a scam at 450k at my stage in life if iwant to scam it will be billions not 450k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2022
An electrician who dosen't know his onions is still an electrician?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by davidolarewaju2: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2022
Thank you sir

Run a check on Jiji and contact seller, prices from 80k and above.....[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by desiji: 8:55am On Oct 12, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Hmmmmmmmm. The Oga Adrusa I know is not a man or preacher of love o!

Let me drop my 2 cents before the fallout may come.

It was not apparent from your original posts that there was any issue whatsoever with the MPP inverter - the language and presentation was much like Oh I used this for a while and have now upgraded to better equipment so happy to let the MPP go.

If you had mentioned any sort of fault no matter how minor, buyer would have been guided and also pricing would be appropriate for the actual condition of said goods.

I daresay in your shoes I would have fixed the inverter first before putting it up for sale - if it then later has issues in the new user's custody then that is on them.

You should probably moderate your post and reach out and smooth things over at the backend - without much effort we all already have enough enemies and troubles in this life, no need to add on more wahala by deliberate choice.

i thought i would change the board before they came thing´s came inbetween, and smooth things with a boy who dosen't know how to talk, even gave his boy transport money back
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2022
I think they've got shops that deal strictly on Ingco and Bosch products, at least I've seen a shop like that in Abuja.
You can check online if there's any in your area so you patronise them and know you're getting the original + warranty on products purchased.

mctfopt:

I know DeWalt is top of the shelf, I'm just afraid when you buy in Nigeria it could be a clone you are buying. I have an Ingco clamp meter, those guys appear to produce every tool you can think of. So far between Ingco and Total, which do you recommend? Don't wanna end up getting a clone of the more renowned brands. Thanks a lot.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2022
What you'll do is find time & replace the fault that the inverter has before another potential buyer comes.

desiji:
i thought i would change the board before they came thing´s came inbetween, and smooth things with a boy who dosen't know how to talk, even gave his boy transport money back
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2022
mctfopt:

be careful of most total and ingco marketed in Nigeria, they are all clone Chinese versions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:

I Believe they would have told you b4 coming/scheduled a date-----, so why not tell them not to come till a certain date when you would have fixed it, or tell them upfront then that the display is bad, so if they still want it, that you would add an mppt board as jara ,

that is how I would have handled it, if it was me.....anyway we are all wired differently

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2022
Chinese clone version of a natively Chinese product?

Please provide some perspective - I have only bought my Ingco cordless tools from one source and no issues as to quality or performance.

Valto:
be careful of most total and ingco marketed in Nigeria, they are all clone Chinese versions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Please provide some perspective - I have only bought my Ingco cordless tools from one source and no issues as to quality or performance.

even native chinese products still have the clone cheaper version. u can produce and slap any name on top these days..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:

i think you have completely lost it, when we talked i told you how much you wanted to buy a MPP 8kw inverter for 450k which i already know i was going to fix because the display board was defective i had other things doing which i couldn't fix i wanted to give an mppt board as JARA and you are here ranting you must totally delusional saying what you did, ask a boy of 19 to come and cheack and you called him an installer,
must be dreaming. mind you he came to my house if i anted to scam you will i do that you must have lost something in your oblongata, even gave the poor boy money for tansport

Oga Desiji,
Your reply still hasn't resolved the fact that you attempted to knowingly sell a defective product to people who intended to buy your product in good faith. Even in your initial post here on this thread no where was it stated that the inverter in question was faulty and needed repair either by you or the prospective buyer. That is the main bone of contention here. Nobody will have minded buying a product with a known issue if the seller is honest and upfront about it something which a lot of sellers on this thread and in Nigeria as a whole regularly do. It makes buyers to be guarded and cynical when trying to purchase items from people to avoid being cheated out of their hard earned money. An explanation or even apology will have sufficed rather than all these.

10 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isnigeriadead: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:

Am surprised you seem offended by comments here when in fact, you caused it yourself...if you reverse the table would you like to loose 10grand in the same route?..
pls let us be sincere in our dealings... there is nothing wrong with full disclosure of the property you want to offer for sale....
lastly i feel and see it as u are a bit too arrogant calling electrician turned installer a problem. as electrician he already has a background to be an installer anyway... and thus that resolve the trust issue?

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hello house.

7 pieces of USED 300w poly yingli solar panel available @55K each.

Ola 0 9 0 5 7 2 8 5 5 9 2

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
desiji:

i think you have completely lost it, when we talked i told you how much you wanted to buy a MPP 8kw inverter for 450k which i already know i was going to fix because the display board was defective i had other things doing which i couldn't fix i wanted to give an mppt board as JARA and you are here ranting you must totally delusional saying what you did, ask a boy of 19 to come and cheack and you called him an installer,
must be dreaming. mind you he came to my house if i anted to scam you will i do that you must have lost something in your oblongata, even gave the poor boy money for tansport

I'm not going to get into silly name calling with you. That will be beneath me.

A boy of 19 is a man. He is a qualified installer. Maybe you think that people need to be 100 before they can become an installer. By the way, how did you know his age?

Yes, you apparently wanted to scam me. Thank God I sent someone who knew what to do.

Please deny any of these facts.

1. You advertised the inverter for sale. No indication that anything was wrong with it.

2. I dropped my number and asked you to contact me.

3. You called me to negotiate the sale. We negotiated 450k.

4. During the call and several other calls thereafter, you never mentioned that anything was wrong with the inverter.

5. You actually told me that you used it only for about a month.

6. I asked you to tell me when you will be available. You said from Tuesday.

7. On Tuesday morning, I called you to confirm if you are available. You said yes.

8. Just before the guy set out I called you to ask for the address. You gave it to me.

9. At no time during all these interactions did you mention that the inverter was not working.

10. It was only when the guy asked to test the inverter that you started telling him stories.

11. When he called to tell me, I called you back to confirm and you said you needed to replace one board and fix the display. You then asked if I wanted all these fixed and that you will not take 450k anymore, but 500k once you fixed it up.

12. Having seen that you are not reliable, I asked the guy to leave the place immediately. I was even scared you may harm him. I waited until he was on his way back to Ibadan before I shared my experience here.

Finally, I shared my experience simply to warn others who may make the same mistake I almost made. I thought that you are a honest person and you posed no threat of fraud. I was going to send my younger brother with no knowledge of inverter to come and pick it up. I suspect that you would have just packed the damaged inverter for him to bring for me.

I will refrain from responding to other needless comments you made. You clearly intended to dupe me, otherwise, you had many opportunities to come clean about the state of the inverter.

If you had intended to repair it before giving it to me, you wouldn't have allowed me to send someone from Ibadan only to start telling him stories. You wouldn't have also changed the price when you offered to repair it.

I hope that I have created enough awareness for anyone hoping to buy this or any other thing from you; they must shine their eyes.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pcoolioz(m): 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2022
Has anybody ever done business with @valto or ordered anything from him? Considering buying an inverter from him
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2022
pcoolioz:
Has anybody ever done business with @valto or ordered anything from him? Considering buying an inverter from him
You are in safe hands

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
I have bought from him twice. The transactions were smooth.
pcoolioz:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

My tools are all bosch.

Though for personal use.

I buy from their dealers here: https://www.bosch-professional.com/ng/en/knowledge-innovation/quality-made-affordable/

Nice tools. Blown away by the prices. Good things do cost money. Thank you for sharing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2022
Green. Ure good to go
pcoolioz:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2022
Valto:

Isn't Ingco and Total a Chinese company?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2022
dejidotun2000:
I use Bosch GSB 180Li. It a 3 in 1 (drives screws/lag bolts, drill and hammer mode).

Comes with two batteries and Bosch has a service centre off Kudirat Abiola way if you need parts or repairs.

Someone graciously provided a link to their shop. Loved what I saw, but ain't in the market to spend such on a drill which I'll sparingly use. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temizeee(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good evening house, anyone with used 12v pure sine wave inverter that is up for sale here
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Sorry chief for bothering you, what's the model of that your Ingco? Is it P20S?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: truthbetold22, ebrymDIY, Amador1, HeavenlyBang(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.