Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2089046 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
Valto:
24V MUSTPOWER 3KVA hybrid inverter, 80A mppt adjustable charge settings pretty low idle consumption. sold around 220k to 230k

Thanks, can you please provide me with official link and possible link of full technical specifications?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks, can you please provide me with official link and possible link of full technical specifications?

mustpower dot com/pv1800-pro-series-high-frequency-off-grid-solar-inverter-3-5-2kw/

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
tipsy242:
Inverter users in the house? Plz how long averagely should a 1.5kva inverter and 220ah battery power a 50w Lg tv, 5 led bulbs (50w altogether), 1 ceiling fan (100-120w) and a Bluetooth speaker (60w)? Please advise or how long does your inverter last with just one battery on the average?
I notice my battery indicator starts reading from 12.5 and immediately drops to 12.2 after full charge when napa light goes off. Please is this normal?
My battery is mpower 12v 220ah and 1.5kva Icell X2 series inverter.
Also, i have 4 150watts solar panels connected but once it's evening arnd past 3, the battery doesn't seem to charge by solar again.
From my observation, your battery is either often abused or not regularly fully charged due to the huge loads on it.
Your battery can approximately power the stated loads for about 4hrs 30mins putting 50% dod into consideration. Unless you depends on grid for the charging of the battery, 600w pv can't be sufficient to fully charged the battery while powering loads at the same time.
I advise you shut down the loads, charge the battery to full first, allow it to settle down for 1hr or thereabouts and then get a voltmeter to check the voltage reading of the battery. If you get 12.6v to 12.8v as rest voltage, then the battery is in order.
But try not to place such huge loads on a single battery if you really want it to last for you. 100w loads on average is ok. Try and reduce the bass of your speaker as well.
Best of luck sir.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
Please guys is a 60w Lithium battery any good?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by drered(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hi Guys,

My first post here. This is my current set up and I’m thinking of upgrading the batteries. I have heard in the past that adding new batteries to a set up would mess the whole grid up and I don’t know how true this is. I am also looking at getting a lithium battery but I’m not sure if my kartel inverter would be compatible with it.

Please advise.

Setup - 5.0KVA 24V Kartel inverter, MPPT solar charge controller, Four 350W solar panels and two 220AH Luminous batteries.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
ojeysky:

Still available for sale

Just BMS or with accesories?

See picture as example. Is this what you are offering to sell?

Or just the BMS.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
jonescosmos:

Just BMS or with accesories?

See picture as example. Is this what you are offering to sell?

Or just the BMS.

BMS only!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2022
luvablesam:

Guess you meant 60wh? It's useless
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
ojeysky:

Guess you meant 60wh? It's useless
I meant a 60AH Lithium battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
luvablesam:

60AH @ what DC volt?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Please, be very careful with this installation. One mistake and the fan won't work.

I got 2 units from a seller on Konga via offline sales. My installer made a silly mistake and the first one didn't work. We had to watch a video from YouTube (link below) together and we corrected the mistake in the second fan.

I had to reach out to the seller who then directed me to the distributor at alaba international who finally directed me to their service centre also.there in Alaba and it was repaired. It was not a palatable experience. I spent the whole day on that move.

https://youtu.be/uH7VgNyvo NI

Most Chinese are fond of selling devices with no manual.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
mctfopt:

60AH @ what DC volt?

12volts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rex123(m): 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
drered:
Hi Guys,

My first post here. This is my current set up and I’m thinking of upgrading the batteries. I have heard in the past that adding new batteries to a set up would mess the whole grid up and I don’t know how true this is. I am also looking at getting a lithium battery but I’m not sure if my kartel inverter would be compatible with it.

Please advise.

How much did this set up cost you?

Setup - 5.0KVA 24V Kartel inverter, MPPT solar charge controller, Four 350W solar panels and two 220AH Luminous batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:46am On Dec 12, 2022
luvablesam:

Not too bad, it just depends on what you want to use it for.

60AH @ 12V = 720WH

If you are running a 100W load it'll theoretically last for 7.2 hours or 7 hours 12 minutes.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:06am On Dec 12, 2022
luvablesam:

Oh okay, you did not indicate the voltage. Since it's 12v above then it's something.

Edit: Seen previous comments which are on point

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:43am On Dec 12, 2022
FEGEITOK:

mustpower dot com/pv1800-pro-series-high-frequency-off-grid-solar-inverter-3-5-2kw/

I have checked this and the minimum voltage for the MPPT to be able to start working is (150vdc), that means it would require me to connect at least 4s2p Panels.

I need hybrid with Max 150vdc so I can do 2s2p 400W Panels.

Do you have idea if the 3kw can power 2hp submersible pumping machine?

Others should please also look into this.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 5:50am On Dec 12, 2022
A max of four (4) units left now boss.

coldcandy:

Are these still available?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvablesam(m): 6:35am On Dec 12, 2022
mctfopt:

Not too bad, it just depends on what you want to use it for.

60AH @ 12V = 720WH

If you are running a 100W load it'll theoretically last for 7.2 hours or 7 hours 12 minutes.
Thanks,I really appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2022
60w on 5v is 12,000mah
This is for charging phone alone sheybi
luvablesam:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2022
5 400w in series will do. Wats ur panels voc. If its 50v+/-1 den 4 panels will do.
TechGeek777:

I have checked this and the minimum voltage for the MPPT to be able to start working is (150vdc), that means it would require me to connect at least 4s2p Panels.

I need hybrid with Max 150vdc so I can do 2s2p 400W Panels.

Do you have idea if the 3kw can power 2hp submersible pumping machine?

Others should please also look into this.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2022
Incase u will b changing those batteries to lithium phosphate which I'll recommend. Pls hit me up. I av someone that needs those used tubular batteries.
drered:
Hi Guys,

Please advise.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2022
Fairly used pure sine wave Mercury inverter 3.5kva 24v inverter for sale due to upgrade. Price N155k. Call/Wasap 08033735359

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
1kva 12v soccer power inverter available, #70,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
220Ah 12v Eco green tubular battery available, #140,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
Abeg who has this Felicity EDMS Software?

Kindly share please.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
By direct user experiences, which is more efficient, Canadain Solar or Jinko or JASolar?

I haven't used any of these and I need to make a purchase asap.

Responses please.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rubyjade: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
justcallmenuel:
220Ah 12v Eco green tubular battery available, #140,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461
Hi! It been a while. I had like my brother to learn this business, would you be able to help?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rubyjade: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
jonescosmos:
By direct user experiences, which is more efficient, Canadain Solar or Jinko or JASolar?

Responses please.....
The bolded is the best in my own opinion. 450 is 450 not 450 is 400

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
Rubyjade:
The bolded is the best in my own opinion. 450 is 450 not 450 is 400

Great, thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:50am On Dec 13, 2022
I have used Canadian Solar for like 9 years now and they kick ass. When Canadian solar got too pricey for budget conscious customers, we started using Jinko and Yingli but ultimately stuck with Jinko after a few years of field observations.

Any of the Tier 1 panels do very well - Canadian Solar, Jinko, JASolar, Yingli all provide power close to their nameplate day to day or up to and in excess of their nameplate under ideal conditions.

Given that all these panels can deliver the name plate capacity and a 30 year service life, the economic decision hinges on which delivers the best bang per buck - current honors would go to Yingli for affordability (seem to lack larger sizes locally) then JASolar and Jinko (nearly tie for price and have 550w and above locally available) and lastly Canadian Solar being the most expensive of the lot.

Pertinent to note none of these panels are the best available in the market but are pretty good offerings at an affordable price. Any deeper and the matter quickly becomes a Toyota vs Honda debate grin grin grin

One key success factor is to only buy any of these panels from a credible source - whatever you do, do not go to Alaba if you seek top tier panels with sure provenance

jonescosmos:

Responses please.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 2:37am On Dec 13, 2022
Pretty much appreciated, thanks a lot.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
I have used Canadian Solar for like 9 years now and they kick ass. When Canadian solar got too pricey for budget conscious customers, we started using Jinko and Yingli but ultimately stuck with Jinko after a few years of field observations.

Any of the Tier 1 panels do very well - Canadian Solar, Jinko, JASolar, Yingli all provide power close to their nameplate day to day or up to and in excess of their nameplate under ideal conditions.

Given that all these panels can deliver the name plate capacity and a 30 year service life, the economic decision hinges on which delivers the best bang per buck - current honors would go to Yingli for affordability (seem to lack larger sizes locally) then JASolar and Jinko (nearly tie for price and have 550w and above locally available) and lastly Canadian Solar being the most expensive of the lot.

Pertinent to note none of these panels are the best available in the market but are pretty good offerings at an affordable price. Any deeper and the matter quickly becomes a Toyota vs Honda debate grin grin grin

One key success factor is to only buy any of these panels from a credible source - whatever you do, do not go to Alaba if you seek top tier panels with sure provenance

(1) (2) (3) ... (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m), sharks776(m), jmaxjohn(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.