Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051436 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipsy242: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
emma2002:
Is Surulere close enough?
Surulere is fine...how can I reach u?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
isangjohnson:
Your illustration on the performance of your battery once load is applied is called voltage sag. Those ones with severe voltage sag may not easily return to the previous voltage when the placed load is released, though still depends on the running time of the said load.

Mine is working fine for now be that. The load doesn't stay past 1 hour tops. Na emergency usage things when the grid is down. Thanks smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
And you equalize monthly?
vta2008:

Mine is working fine for now be that. The load doesn't stay past 1 hour tops. Na emergency usage things when the grid is down. Thanks smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas house, may the new coming year harbour better climes for RE. Clear sky's, brief heavy non-windy rains to keep the panels bright and clean, less static electricity etc etc
And money enough to meet our needs and sane government in place!
All in all , MERRY CHRISTMAS ONCE AGAIN!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
isangjohnson:
Your illustration on the performance of your battery once load is applied is called voltage sag. Those ones with severe voltage sag may not easily return to the previous voltage when the placed load is released, though still depends on the running time of the said load.

Nothing to add than to say in his case his battery is among the better I have seen.. although depends on state of charge and amount of load.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
bigrovar:

From all the literature I have read about tubular and from over 5 years of personal experience with an average discharge of just 30%. TUBULAR (which are flooded acid batteries) does need constant top up at least once in 2 months. If yours hasn't been topped with water going into a year then something is wrong somehere and it is not good for the battery.

Not topping up your flooded acid battery like TUBULAR simply means you are charging it at a voltage that is lower than recommended for the battery chemistry. Tubular is designed to be charged at 14.4v per 12v battery or 28.8 for 24v etc (based on all the documentation I have read about them from Indian sources) 14.4 is the absorption voltage and it is best to maintain them at this voltage for at least an hour or 2 to ensure they are properly charged and reduce the risk of sulfation.

They are also expected to be "over charged" at least once a month in a process called equalization. This equalization charge helps to mix up the electrolytes to prevent concentration of acid at the buttom and it also helps to balance all the cells within a battery and bring them to parity. Ordinarily you want this equalization charge to happen at least once a month. Not all inverters support equalization though so you would need to ensure your inverter suports it.

Equalization voltage is about 15.5v per 12v cell or 31v for a 24v bank. Some chargers can do this for you automatically if you ordered program them. You might also want to get an hydrometer to check the gravity of each cell during equalization process.

I would suggest you review how your battery is being charged to ensure it lasts as long as you want it to.

Starred

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
vta2008:

Do you have solar panels with your system, try get more and do such heavy cooking when when the sun is high.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Experienced folks in the house, i have a 1.8kwh agm battery (12v) x 6.

From the information gathered, I need a 5kw hybrid system (i have not made up my mind yet, but considering felicity hybrid, sorotec, growatt for now). the inverter are detailed as 48v. Does it mean that the battery will have to configured to output 48v (?s?p) in other to function.

What are the implications of this configuration and inverter spec on feature solar panel purchase.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viperVIP: 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2022
I have a 5kw SPF 5000 ES Growatt 6months used and decommissioned already. Working in excellent conditions in case you're interested in Growatt. Thank you.

mangolpupa:

From the information gathered, I need a 5kw hybrid system (i have not made up my mind yet, but considering felicity hybrid, sorotec, growatt for now). the inverter are detailed as 48v. Does it mean that the battery will have to configured to output 48v (?s?p) in other to function.

What are the implications of this configuration and inverter spec on feature solar panel purchase.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 12:00am On Dec 26, 2022
mangolpupa:

Hi mango,
Kindly note that you can't connect 6 number of 12V batteries in a 48V configuration.

Depending on your load, either you get a 24V inverter and connect the batteries in 2x3 (2S3P) configuration or you add 2 more batteries to make it a total of 8 batteries and then connect for a 48V system in 2x4 configuration.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 8:23am On Dec 26, 2022
samnaija:

Do you have solar panels with your system, try get more and do such heavy cooking when when the sun is high.

Yeah I do have solar panels. I only use my air fryer when there's power supply from the grid..the inverter is just standby should in case NEPA strikes as usual
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 8:26am On Dec 26, 2022
durodee:
And you equalize monthly?

I just dey encounter that term now. I'd have to contact the inverter installer for that one abi?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2022
viperVIP:
I have a 5kw SPF 5000 ES Growatt 6months used and decommissioned already. Working in excellent conditions in case you're interested in Growatt. Thank you.

Thanks for letting me know sir.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mangolpupa: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2022
mcTrinity:

Hi mango,
Kindly note that you can't connect 6 number of 12V batteries in a 48V configuration.

Depending on your load, either you get a 24V inverter and connect the batteries in 2x3 (2S3P) configuration or you add 2 more batteries to make it a total of 8 batteries and then connect for a 48V system in 2x4 configuration.
Cheers

Mctrinity thanks for the response. If I go 48v inverter, how will this likely influence future solar panel configurations? Does it mean like the battery, I will have to ensure that the panels are also configured to have 48v?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2022
Most inverters I know especially the budget category do not have an ability to auto equalize every X number of days. This does not mean they cannot be adjusted to get to equalization voltage just that a human being has to take care of that process.

Most decent charge controllers have an auto equalize function built in.

Check what your existing equipment is capable of and respond as appropriate - at least now we know one reason why you have never needed to top up your battery water levels.

Would be nice if you could state what brand and spec of inverter you use and what (if any) charge controllers you have

vta2008:

I just dey encounter that term now. I'd have to contact the inverter installer for that one abi?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=vta2008 post=119436785]

Yeah I do have solar panels. I only use my air fryer when there's power supply from the grid..the inverter is just standby should in case NEPA strikes as usual [/quote

I will still advice get more panels , with a charge controller that can equalize your batteries regularly. There is no excuse for your dryer not to be on your inverter.

The more panels you have the Earlier you can use your drier. My hotplate and deep freezer comes on by 7.30am while the dryer 11am.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xenisha: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2022
Hi! One of the best home appliance products today is GE Appliances. The company is constantly innovating and improving its products, so you can be sure that you are getting the best product. GE devices are also backed by a solid warranty, so you can be sure your purchase is protected. And if this equipment breaks down for you, then you can always contact ge appliances customer service, and they will repair it under warranty or replace your product with a new one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Topup is in response to low water levels in a battery cell.

If none of your cells are short of water after a careful visual inspection then there is no need to topup.

Beware that any flotation based battery water level indicators are indeed working correctly and not deceiving you hence I said after a careful visual inspection of the water levels per cell.

Once the above checks out and you satisfied yourself that you are charging at a proper voltage for your battery then you are good to go.

That floatation thing sometimes get stuck. Then you are O.Y.O grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sunmart vmii plus 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 375k

Sunmart Vmii plus 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 320k

Sunmart Vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 335k

Sunmart Vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 395k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 420k

Sorotec Revo Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 340k

Sorotec 5.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit) - 450k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit)- 375k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 440k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 360k

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a mppt hybrid inverter - 250k

Powmr 3.5kva 24v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 340k

Powmr 5.5kva 48v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 385k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Complement to all members in the house, Please can 2.5kva pure sine inverter power deep freezer? only to be used during the day between 11am to 3 or 4pm . with Solar panels and CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Please did SRNE have customer care in lagos in case any fault and how is their response to customer. thanks
samir101ng:

I hope this is not too late but you can check out the SRNE Solar Hybrid Inverter:
a. 3.3Kva 24v 500v DC Hybrid for N237,000
b. 3Kva 24v 100v DC Hybrid for N191,000

You can contact Mr Ugo below:
HM Solar Co Ltd
10b Prince Jude Nwabueze Street, Greenfield Estate,
Ago Palace Way, Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
Olive Estate, Alhaji Ganiyu Olaiya Street, off navy gate
Satellite Town, Lagos
+2348034490636
+2347040329474
+2349050884061
hmsolarcoltd@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
abbeymighty:
Complement to all members in the house, Please can 2.5kva pure sine inverter power deep freezer? only to be used during the day between 11am to 3 or 4pm . with Solar panels and CC
YES u can run it comfortably from 9am to 4pm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
abbeymighty:

I haven't been frequent here for quite a while so maybe there are context to this question which are not obvious to me.

On the surface though, it is hard to give an answer without additional information.

What battery capacity, size of solar array and size of freezer in question. State all the details so that you can get an informed answer. There is no universal answer to this question.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 12:30am On Dec 27, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Most inverters I know especially the budget category do not have an ability to auto equalize every X number of days. This does not mean they cannot be adjusted to get to equalization voltage just that a human being has to take care of that process.

Most decent charge controllers have an auto equalize function built in.

Check what your existing equipment is capable of and respond as appropriate - at least now we know one reason why you have never needed to top up your battery water levels.

Would be nice if you could state what brand and spec of inverter you use and what (if any) charge controllers you have

I read up battery equalizing and it looks like so much drama with plenty risk for a novice. I use a 5.5kva 24v famicare inverter with built in pwm charge controller and four 350w solar panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 12:34am On Dec 27, 2022
[quote author=samnaija post=119438930][/quote]

I have 4 350w solar panels and if I'm not reading wrong my inverter can only support up to 1200W from the solar panels (maximum pv array power)

I've ordered for one of those auto switch plugs that enable you set when to run your appliances so I can be running my fridge and freezer from 7am to 7pm only.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 3:20am On Dec 27, 2022
abbeymighty:
Please did SRNE have customer care in lagos in case any fault and how is their response to customer. thanks

The company listed below is their authorised reseller licensed by SRNE to sell their products and handle any warranty issues. The company in conjunction with SRNE recently had a booth at the Nigeria-Energy expo that held recently in Lagos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 7:03am On Dec 27, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I have l............
The only mod I would make is that flooded batteries do better at 14.6v per 12v as the minimum for the absorb voltage target. Anything from 14.6v to 14.8v as a regular charge is good. Then the periodic equalization at or above 15v.

@NiyiOmoIyunade

Just want a little clarification. If the manufacturer specifies 14.4V as the absorb voltage for flooded batteries. Is it safe to go the 14.6V as you asserted above? Will it not, on the long run, degrade the battery?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 7:12am On Dec 27, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Dear Boss,

In our private backchannel thread, this same matter has come up for discussion with other users sharing similar experiences
The ones marked pass are the ones I have found to go the distance. The more complex ones with multiple pages of functions including delay and recovery settings and notably a voltage calibration function easily go off kilter and become unreliable.
See pics below - first one is a pass - the others not so

Hmm. Thanks for this. The both looked the same.

If they are not placed side by side, it will be difficult to differentiate between the two.

To add to that, I also noticed the 'Chike' grin abi na wetin sef written on the other one.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2022
In addendum, dem don change COMPRESSOR before?

bigrovar:

I haven't been frequent here for quite a while so maybe there are context to this question which are not obvious to me.

On the surface though, it is hard to give an answer without additional information.

What battery capacity, size of solar array and size of freezer in question. State all the details so that you can get an informed answer. There is no universal answer to this question.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
SOLAR PANELS NOW AVAILABLE! HURRY!!

Bescom mono panels
180w ....... 47,000 "Twintech"
300w ....... 85,000
350w ....... 95,000
540w ....... 145,000
580w ....... 155,000

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
Distilled water 1 Litre by 12 Dozen Packs now available!!!

Distilled water 1L dozen packs
Price : N6,500
Xmas Promo slash : N6,000

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
So these are usually generic Chinese products coming out of at most 2 or 3 factories. They can put any name on it for you if you are buying sufficient quantity.

What matters is the quality spec or standard the item is made to and the components used.

In general, I have found the versions with several pages of functions to be of low quality.

babaegun:

Hmm. Thanks for this. The both looked the same.

If they are not placed side by side, it will be difficult to differentiate between the two.

To add to that, I also noticed the 'Chike' grin abi na wetin sef written on the other one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.