Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2046887 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) ... (1682) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
bigrovar:

We can't have a thriving community with this type of attitude. Accusing someone of lying without any proof to what end? Why should he lie? He doesn't sell lithium batteries neither does he manufacture them. If his suggestion tickled your insecurities then that is your problem.

Earthrealm is one of the Tubular batteries OG. He has lots of experience with them and he told no lies. Tubular batteries like all flooaded acid batteies are but designed for High rate of discharge. It is just one of the down side of the battery chemistry. Tubular are rated for C20 discharge or about 10A for a 200AH battery. 10x 48 = 480w this is the rated or optimal discharge rate of an average 200AH tubular battery in 48v configuration. Anything above that and you are discharging the battery faster than it designed rate if charge.

Putting a 1.5HP device which is over 1000w or about 20A This could lead to inevitable voltage sag especially if the battery is at 50% state of charge which can even trigger a low voltage disconnect.

A cheaper alternative would be to use an AGM battery like Quanta or fullriver DC. AGM have higher rate if discharge and some can go as high as C10 or 800w in the case of 200AH in 48v configuration.

I've heard about fullriver DC having such capability, is it being sold locally? I mean the DC variant that has such higher discharge rate.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
Does anyone have any experience using the common blue & black PWM controller to charge LiFePO4 12V batteries ?
The highest volt I've seen it reach in a setup is 14.5V, any thoughts or experience? good or ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:
Can I get a quote for 5KVA?

Thank you in advance
State your appliances
What's your budget range ?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
nnadychuks:
Lead acid
Li-ion
LiFePO4
Which is the best among these batteries? I’m asking cos my Li-ion “Haustrom” battery died under one year

If you substitute in another battery, it may just die under another year.
State your setup configuration and load profile, so you can get better suggestions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
Are you forecasting zero yield from the solar panels from like 12pm or what?

I am wondering why people have such a dim view of the abilities of a lead acid battery - especially in this case when things could be arranged so that there will be sufficient solar for the pump to run off or at the very least enough solar to offset some of the pump's energy demand.

Juror:

The reality is that he'll hardly check the sun's output before he powers the pumping machine any afternoon he wants to use it and sometimes he may not even be the one to switch it on, or he may even use a timer for it. The implication is that nobody can guarantee what the sun's output would be at the time the machine is being used or even the battery's state of charge, this means that at some point, the battery may have to supply all the power required by the pumping machine and there's no gainsaying that lithium would be more suited in such scenario than lead acid except he has some other automation in place to check the battery's state of charge and solar output which then allows the pump or not.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Aboki01: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Good evening Oga's in here... Abeg I would like to ask if 400-600k can setup a solar(inverter). I intend powering
1. 5 energy saving bulb
2. 55" Samsung smart TV
3. 2 ox fan
4. A deep freezer and a 95l haier thermocool refrigerator
5. 1 ceiling fan.
Note: The major purpose of setting up the inverter system is for use at night time. From 7pm- Anytime it trips off in the middle of the night.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2022
Errrrm,
I think from some of the responses so far, we are missing the whole point of cedarfarms enquiry.

I wont be drawn into this useless shenanigans , lithium vs leadacid battery, cos whatever anyone is using/decides to use. Leadacid o, lithium o...e no dey put shiishi for my pocket grin grin grin grin grin, why should i cry more than the bereaved?

Its best you give your advice, focusing primarily on a design that will work for cedarfarms.and not focus more on attacking what someone else has said.

I gave my answer based on what i feel is best for him/what i would do if i were in his shoes.
From his questions/comments here...you can guage his knowledge/experience level----without any disrespect to him, he is a greenhorn in this whole solar-inverter biz, so i factored all those in, b4 giving my recommendation....and it would be nice others think along that line too. And dont come up with complex solutions that OP might not understand or be able to actualize.

Las las he will be alright at the end, grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

I am wondering why people have such a dim view of the abilities of a lead acid battery - especially in this case when things could be arranged so that there will be sufficient solar for the pump to run off or at the very least enough solar to offset some of the pump's energy demand.

Niyi , you can see most of the the profets of doom for lead acid had or created the worse thinking bank bank design with inadequate solar and wanted Shangri-La.
If you got burnt that is on your head, your design was flawed..

A lot of people will still get burnt they have not been educated enough in battery university.....
Both in lithium and lead .

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
Juror:

The reality is that he'll hardly check the sun's output before he powers the pumping machine any afternoon he wants to use it and sometimes he may not even be the one to switch it on, or he may even use a timer for it. The implication is that nobody can guarantee what the sun's output would be at the time the machine is being used or even the battery's state of charge, this means that at some point, the battery may have to supply all the power required by the pumping machine and there's no gainsaying that lithium would be more suited in such scenario than lead acid except he has some other automation in place to check the battery's state of charge and solar output which then allows the pump or not.

Do you really believe what you wrote,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
jonescosmos:
WOW, Bros #Trippledots . Seems you just got back from a Presidential visit to Mars. welcome back sir.
We've gone long past these requests. Just scan & skip through the pages till you meet us at the present.
grin grin grin grin All Jokes bro. You can take all the time you need.

Cheers

grin honestly I'm lagging seriously.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
bigrovar:
Not too long ago someone asked how long can a tubular battery last and those of us who have used those batteries gave our experiences. I started my solar journey with 2 Tubular batteries and used them for 3 years (Including 1-year completely off the grid in a 2 bedroom house with 4 occupants) The secret is how you design your system to avoid the limitation of whatever system you are using.

In my case, I ran heavy loads like my freezer and fridge during the day and thus on solar and limited battery discharge rate to about 150w. This includes a TV, fan, and lights for the house. heck, my night load was once 90w thanks to having efficient loads like led lights, dc ceiling fans, and solar outdoor lights. The low night discharge was way below the recommended discharge rates of those batteries which in my case was 200w.

The only thing I ran my generator off on was the water pump and I decided 20 minutes of generator time once every 2 days was more efficient than putting a 1HP water pump on a 5kwh battery bank designed for a 200w discharge rate.

I later sold those batteries and got 4 Exide Index batteries 200AH directly from Multipower ilupeju. These upgrades allowed me to increase my loads hence things like an electric kettle, microwave could be used with the batteries (In short bursts) and my night discharge became 300w (Still within the discharge limit of my batteries)

The Exide Tubular are in their second life with a friend which puts them at 4 years of use. I ensured I used the batteries within the limits of their rating,
* I had a battery sensor that allowed for the temperature-compensated charge.
* I made sure my batteries were rarely discharged below 50% dod
* I made sure batteries were fully charged every day and never left them in a partial state of charge
* I also made sure that I kept the charge voltage, and discharge rate to be within the limits accepted by the battery chemistry.

When you come to a place like this, come with facts not offing and puffing but offering very little substance. I have put out the facts as I see them. It is up to whoever is reading this to do as they see fit. Every decision has consequences. How long your battery last depends on how well you treat them.

How many panels did you have, because all the load you stated. On 2 batteries is catastrophic. Two batteries that makes 24v200 ah of lead acid. Are you using presently this capacity in lithium or it is larger than this.
People that have 8 lead acid batteries are even more discreet than this if you don't have enough panels.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
okikigsm:

Pls do u have d ac type/model?

6 in 1 Ac meter available ( din rail mount)
Measures watts, voltage, current, frequency, energy (kWh) and power factor.

Price - 15k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Not zero yield but insufficient yield. This isn't about berating lead acid, I merely described realistic situations and scenarios which could easily occur.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
samnaija:

So according to your school of taught with lithium sun go balance.

If course, it can withstand deep discharge I run 2kw load on 5kWh 24V battery bank without thinking about killing the batteries, whether there is sun or no sun.

Boss its up to the person to decide!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 12:50am On Jan 01, 2023
Juror:

I've heard about fullriver DC having such capability, is it being sold locally? I mean the DC variant that has such higher discharge rate.

They use to be sold sometimes around 2019. Haven't seen them in the wild since.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 12:56am On Jan 01, 2023
samnaija:

How many panels did you have, because all the load you stated. On 2 batteries is catastrophic. Two batteries that makes 24v200 ah of lead acid. Are you using presently this capacity in lithium or it is larger than this.
People that have 8 lead acid batteries are even more discreet than this if you don't have enough panels.

The key is system design to maintain balance. This has been the key to my solar setup from day one. I went from 480w -> 600w -> 800w -> 1000w -> 1800w (when I went completely off-grid) -> 3000w. Each panel increase lead to adjustment in energy usage to utilize the new capacity.

I think people are being overtly sensitive about this whole lithium - lead acid issue. Use what works for you. The important thing is to design your system around the limitations of whatever battery system you are using.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:49am On Jan 01, 2023
Juror:
Does anyone have any experience using the common blue & black PWM controller to charge LiFePO4 12V batteries ?
The highest volt I've seen it reach in a setup is 14.5V, any thoughts or experience? good or ?

A 12v lifepo4 should not be charging up to 14.5v do reduce your bulk voltage to a voltage within 13.5 to 14
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2023
Juror:
u seem to be even over charging your cells. from my experience, the perfect charge voltage for 12v lifepo4 lithium is between 13.8v to 14v bulk, 13.5v or 13.6v float.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:33am On Jan 01, 2023
here's wishing everyone on this thread a prosperous new year!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:58am On Jan 01, 2023
Insufficient solar yield is a design problem that will happen regardless of battery chemistry chosen.

So what if lead acid batteries are used to run a relatively large load for the 30 - 45 minutes typically required to pump water? And although there is some solar production in that usage window, it does not fully cover the load demand and the poor battery has to do a good part of the work - what do you forecast could go wrong

Lead acid batteries are not as weak or poor or terrible as people sometimes like to paint, millions of Nigerians are using these batteries and getting decent performance relative to the price they paid. Even in high demand applications, the batteries are dieing mostly from undercharging on a per battery basis and inability to keep series connected batteries well balanced than from the size of the current draw they support.

I am not even saying the OP should use lead acid, his battery choice is strictly his preference and what his pocket can cover but even in that worst case scenario, I see no technical difficulty or serious issues that would come up because someone chose to use a modest sized solar and battery bank to run large loads for a relatively short period on a regular basis.

Juror:

Not zero yield but insufficient yield. This isn't about berating lead acid, I merely described realistic situations and scenarios which could easily occur.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2023
earthrealm:
Errrrm,
I think from some of the responses so far, we are missing the whole point of cedarfarms enquiry.

I wont be drawn into this useless shenanigans , lithium vs leadacid battery, cos whatever anyone is using/decides to use. Leadacid o, lithium o...e no dey put shiishi for my pocket grin grin grin grin grin, why should i cry more than the bereaved?

Its best you give your advice, focusing primarily on a design that will work for cedarfarms.and not focus more on attacking what someone else has said.

I gave my answer based on what i feel is best for him/what i would do if i were in his shoes.
From his questions/comments here...you can guage his knowledge/experience level----without any disrespect to him, he is a greenhorn in this whole solar-inverter biz, so i factored all those in, b4 giving my recommendation....and it would be nice others think along that line too. And dont come up with complex solutions that OP might not understand or be able to actualize.

Las las he will be alright at the end, grin grin

And you are right bro. It is unfortunate that a few people are unable to contain their rank insecurity with their lead acid battery and attack everything and everyone they perceive as dissing their favourite battery chemistry. They sometimes forget that many lithium advocates used lead acid for many years, some running into up to a decade. I used lead acid (AGM and flooded) for about 10 years.

I used to pump water on my tubular batteries, but I had 8 of them, 400AH 48V, and my pump was 1 hp. I won't do 1.5 hp on 200AH 24V lead acid battery under any circumstance. Your inverter must be able to do a good surge for considerable length of time, like 5 minutes to be safe. And if there is a major cloud passing while the pump is working, an inverter LVD is a real possibility due to voltage sag.

Irrespective of how many people don't like hearing it, Lithium is this guy's best option. The next best option is to have a considerably large lead acid bank like GeaorgeD, 400AH 48v or 800AH 24V will be a good starting point.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
Now it is clear that the moment you mentioned what another person is not ready to hear, you will trigger a tsunami.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2023
400Ah 48v of lead acid to support water pumping for a max of 45 minutes every other day or so?

I think it is rather much - most agree that some juice coming in from the PV will offset some of this burden quite nicely if not all depending on timing and irradiation levels.

Truly it is not even compulsory to run a 1.5hp pump off the solar system - a standby generator fired up every 3 days or so may just be perfect for the need.

I started off with lead acid and used and sold all the common variants from AGM to Flooded to Gel, now I sell LFP batteries exclusively (Pylon tech) and assemble my own LFP packs - despite my very positive experience with the LFP chemistry I do not recommend it blindly for all situations - small systems can make do with lead acid and give a very nice return on investment (I gifted 3 small 12v lead acid systems to 2 relatives and a young friend in December 2022 and all are as happy as can be) . Lead acid is a very easy and simple place to begin the RE journey from.

adrusa:

And you are right bro. It is unfortunate that a few people are unable to contain their rank insecurity with their lead acid battery and attack everything and everyone they perceive as dissing their favourite battery chemistry. They sometimes forget that many lithium advocates used lead acid for many years, some running into up to a decade. I used lead acid (AGM and flooded) for about 10 years.

I used to pump water on my tubular batteries, but I had 8 of them, 400AH 48V, and my pump was 1 hp. I won't do 1.5 hp on 200AH 24V lead acid battery under any circumstance. Your inverter must be able to do a good surge for considerable length of time, like 5 minutes to be safe. And if there is a major cloud passing while the pump is working, an inverter LVD is a real possibility due to voltage sag.

Irrespective of how many people don't like hearing it, Lithium is this guy's best option. The next best option is to have a considerably large lead acid bank like GeaorgeD, 400AH 48v or 800AH 24V will be a good starting point.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AshipaEk0: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
Aboki01:
Good evening Oga's in here... Abeg I would like to ask if 400-600k can setup a solar(inverter). I intend powering
1. 5 energy saving bulb
2. 55" Samsung smart TV
3. 2 ox fan
5. 1 ceiling fan.
Note: The major purpose of setting up the inverter system is for use at night time. From 7pm- Anytime it trips off in the middle of the night.

N.O. NOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Say you want to build a smallish system and your household can get by on like 500w of day time loads and 300w ish of night loads - you may have to run the 1.5hp pump off grid or gen primarily.

If you go the lead acid route, every 12v 200Ah battery can support about 120w of loads (the C20 rating) so you would need 4pcs of 12v 200Ah to run your 300w of night loads from 6pm to 8am every day - 4 pcs of 12v 200Ah also fits your existing 48v Luminous inverter perfectly.

The solar panel wattage needed to support 500w of loads from 8am to 6pm and 300w of loads from 6pm to 8am will be any where from 3000w to 4000w of solar panels - at this point in tech and time, I would say choose the larger panel sizes so at least 450w - 9 pieces of quality 450w panels will get you to 4000w mark nicely and put you on the energy independence side of the curve. 6 pieces of quality 450w panels will give you enough energy most days.

All these above assume you are fully offgrid, if you get some hours of PHCN or Gen then you can size your panels leaner, if you are able to reduce your loads too then all the better.

You will see that the bill of materials for this 'small' offgrid system runs into a few millions at today's prices. If budget constrained, the more you can prune down your loads, the more you can make your system lean.

The idea is that this will be your system for 2 to 3 years and then you can upgrade to better tech - the panels and your inverter can likely be retained through all your upgrades but you will most likely need new batteries.

If your budget supports it, you can get 51.2v 135Ah LFP battery pack instead of 48v 200Ah lead acid pack (4pcs of 12v 200Ah lead acid) - with Lithium you just need to get your charge profile right and set a suitable LVD and you can worry less about whether you are overloading the batteries or whether there was enough solar charge for that day. With Lithium also, you can expect from 6 years and above of use vs say 18 months - 4 years with lead acid. The level of positive assurance is higher with Lithium i.e a well designed pack with decent cells will likely give you 8 years or more of service. If you cross 1 year with your lead acid, you will celebrate, 2 years you got something good and 3 years and above you got it right.

If your budget does not cover enough for 9pcs of 450w panels + 4pcs of 12v lead acid batteries at least then you are going very lean, if you already made the decision to go solar any ways then I would say just get 4pcs of 450w panels + 2pcs of 12v 200Ah + compatible inverter (you will need to jettison the 48v Luminous) and use this system to learn what is possible - later with your learnings and more cash available and faith in renewable energy you can build a system more in line with your needs.

One viable way to proceed as a newbie is to get a quote from an installer and bring it here for people to help you critique the materials used and costs. If you are more DIY inclined you can purchase an energy meter within 10k and use it to determine what your appliances consume - this will put you in a very good place with respect to sizing your system properly.

Cedarfarms:

I sincerely thank you for the words of encouragement.....my goal is to power the 1.5hp pumping machine, and a few household appliances, like tv, decoder, 5 light bulbs and a rechargeable fan.

But the pumping machine will only be used during the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Fapemz: 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
[quote author=Fapemz post=118469348][/quote]

Happy New Year Guys. We have even greater testimony to share. We provide portable power to those who needs it for the basic home appliance and we are proudly given our clients good value for their money. Power Solution doesn't have to leave a whole in your pocket. Enjoy the reliability of LFP batteries. Reachable via 0806.53.163.07

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pojomojo: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
cheesy
Aboki01:
1. 5 energy saving bulb
2. 55" Samsung smart TV
3. 2 ox fan
5. 1 ceiling fan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pojomojo: 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Juror:

State your appliances
wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IyaTola: 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
Juror:

State your appliances
I want Canadian panel and lithium batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Cedarfarms: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Say you want to build a smallish system and your household can get by on like 500w of day time loads and 300w ish of night loads - you may have to run the 1.5hp pump off grid or gen primarily.

If you go the lead acid route, every 12v 200Ah battery can support about 120w of loads (the C20 rating) so you would need 4pcs of 12v 200Ah to run your 300w of night loads from 6pm to 8am every day - 4 pcs of 12v 200Ah also fits your existing 48v Luminous inverter perfectly.

The solar panel wattage needed to support 500w of loads from 8am to 6pm and 300w of loads from 6pm to 8am will be any where from 3000w to 4000w of solar panels - at this point in tech and time, I would say choose the larger panel sizes so at least 450w - 9 pieces of quality 450w panels will get you to 4000w mark nicely and put you on the energy independence side of the curve. 6 pieces of quality 450w panels will give you enough energy most days.

All these above assume you are fully offgrid, if you get some hours of PHCN or Gen then you can size your panels leaner, if you are able to reduce your loads too then all the better.

You will see that the bill of materials for this 'small' offgrid system runs into a few millions at today's prices. If budget constrained, the more you can prune down your loads, the more you can make your system lean.

The idea is that this will be your system for 2 to 3 years and then you can upgrade to better tech - the panels and your inverter can likely be retained through all your upgrades but you will most likely need new batteries.

If your budget supports it, you can get 51.2v 135Ah LFP battery pack instead of 48v 200Ah lead acid pack (4pcs of 12v 200Ah lead acid) - with Lithium you just need to get your charge profile right and set a suitable LVD and you can worry less about whether you are overloading the batteries or whether there was enough solar charge for that day. With Lithium also, you can expect from 6 years and above of use vs say 18 months - 4 years with lead acid. The level of positive assurance is higher with Lithium i.e a well designed pack with decent cells will likely give you 8 years or more of service. If you cross 1 year with your lead acid, you will celebrate, 2 years you got something good and 3 years and above you got it right.

If your budget does not cover enough for 9pcs of 450w panels + 4pcs of 12v lead acid batteries at least then you are going very lean, if you already made the decision to go solar any ways then I would say just get 4pcs of 450w panels + 2pcs of 12v 200Ah + compatible inverter (you will need to jettison the 48v Luminous) and use this system to learn what is possible - later with your learnings and more cash available and faith in renewable energy you can build a system more in line with your needs.

One viable way to proceed as a newbie is to get a quote from an installer and bring it here for people to help you critique the materials used and costs. If you are more DIY inclined you can purchase an energy meter within 10k and use it to determine what your appliances consume - this will put you in a very good place with respect to sizing your system properly.

Thank you for this elaborate explanation, it really puts things into perspective, and helps me consider my best options.

Happy new year!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vta2008: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
bigrovar:
Not too long ago someone asked how long can a tubular battery last and those of us who have used those batteries gave our experiences. I started my solar journey with 2 Tubular batteries and used them for 3 years (Including 1-year completely off the grid in a 2 bedroom house with 4 occupants) The secret is how you design your system to avoid the limitation of whatever system you are using.

In my case, I ran heavy loads like my freezer and fridge during the day and thus on solar and limited battery discharge rate to about 150w. This includes a TV, fan, and lights for the house. heck, my night load was once 90w thanks to having efficient loads like led lights, dc ceiling fans, and solar outdoor lights. The low night discharge was way below the recommended discharge rates of those batteries which in my case was 200w.

The only thing I ran my generator off on was the water pump and I decided 20 minutes of generator time once every 2 days was more efficient than putting a 1HP water pump on a 5kwh battery bank designed for a 200w discharge rate.

I later sold those batteries and got 4 Exide Index batteries 200AH directly from Multipower ilupeju. These upgrades allowed me to increase my loads hence things like an electric kettle, microwave could be used with the batteries (In short bursts) and my night discharge became 300w (Still within the discharge limit of my batteries)

The Exide Tubular are in their second life with a friend which puts them at 4 years of use. I ensured I used the batteries within the limits of their rating,
* I had a battery sensor that allowed for the temperature-compensated charge.
* I made sure my batteries were rarely discharged below 50% dod
* I made sure batteries were fully charged every day and never left them in a partial state of charge
* I also made sure that I kept the charge voltage, and discharge rate to be within the limits accepted by the battery chemistry.

When you come to a place like this, come with facts not offing and puffing but offering very little substance. I have put out the facts as I see them. It is up to whoever is reading this to do as they see fit. Every decision has consequences. How long your battery last depends on how well you treat them.

Abeg no vex how do I calculate the recommended discharge rate of my setup? It's a 5.5kva 24v inverter with 4 pieces of Hausstrom HS-22043 12V 220AH Tall Tubular Battery. I don't know the C rating of the battery as it's not included in the package.

The discharge rate is per hour abi? Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2023
Cut ur load
5 5w bulb
1 Samsung tv
2 rechargeable fan
À deep freezer of not more than 130w

With 600k u will b able to setup something that will power all that.

Aboki01:
1. 5 energy saving bulb
2. 55" Samsung smart TV
3. 2 ox fan
5. 1 ceiling fan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) ... (1682) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.