Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049484 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmy9500: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
please what is the power in KWH of 2 24v/220 battery in a 24v inverter system

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
emmy9500:
please what is the power in KWH of 2 24v/220 battery in a 24v inverter system
Calculate by your battery's norminal voltage which in your case is 24v x 200ah= 4800wh

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmy9500: 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
Penuelseun:
Calculate by your battery's norminal voltage which in your case is 24v x 200ah= 4800wh
for two batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wayisshut: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
hello my people. I am looking for a very cost effective way to hook up a small solar system to power only a cctv setup. Just 5 cctv cameras, a router, dvr , power plug. for about 5 to 7 hrs during the day. not totally offgrid anyway sometimes our "NEPA" is available. Can sunking power box suffice?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
mctfopt:

1. Install a lightning arrestor on the electrical system. This device will divert the lightning strike away from the inverter.

2. Install surge protectors on the electrical system. These devices will absorb the surge from the lightning strike and protect the inverter from damage.

3 Install grounding rods around the inverter. This will help to dissipate the electrical charge from the lightning strike, reducing the risk of damage.

Thanks so much,i will do these
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
samir101ng:

Yes, there and this has been discussed extensively several pages back. You may wish to use the search function.

But briefly, make sure that that your house distribution board has a functioning earth connection and that your ELCB/RCCB trips (you may need to have that checked out by a trained professional). You can also purchase Surge Protection Devices and install them both at the AC side (from NEPA) and on the DC side (from your solar charge controller). Your solar panels on the roof must also be properly connected to your earth system via copper cables to ensure that they are properly grounded and tested. There is a cost to this and the need for a trained professional but trust me it is far cheaper than burnt equipment.
We have earth connection in my house..My installer will look into appropriate surge protectors.Thanks so much for your response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
emmy9500:

for two batteries?
Yes, but if the batteries are lifepo4, you calculate with 25.6v for 24v system, which is 25.6v x 200ah= 5120wh
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Adex2442: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
osayuwamwen:
I didn't buy all d items once, I bought it little by little

400watt choice panel 85k each
1.5kva foresolar inverter 90k
Luminous battery 164k
Felicity controller 60amp 105k
Battery rack 12k
Flexible cable 1600 per meter, 40k for 25metre
32amp DC breaker 3k each, d box 1k each
Trunk pipe 700
I can't remember d price of the other items

Nice one. What can it power and for how long??

Can u recommend a setup to use for a non inverter Hisense fridge, 7 bulbs, one tv, one ceiling fan, one laptop and two phones for 12 to 24hrs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
Some of us really need basic knowledge on solar/inverter. Without this knowledge you won't go anywhere bc you will keep calling calling calling your installer or anyone who provided assistance. Use google biko.

Just typing inverter online will produce results.

Annoying questions everywhere as if una get answering machine here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
What could be the possible cause of flickering output for MSW or is that how they are generally?
I could notice the light flicker really fast.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Protech119: 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
odimbannamdi:
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller. Comes with a free 1000V 63A double pole original Tomzn DC breaker worth at least 5,000

Price: 61,000 firm.

Original 1000V 63A double pole original Tomzn DC breaker

Price: 5,000 firm

3000W Changi Transformerless pure sinewave Inverter (no charging function) with battery voltmeter. Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup. Actual/Continuous power is 1500w. Peak power is 3000w. Very low idle watts consumption. Has protection against overload and surges from sparks

Inverter capacity tested using the following household appliances:

1. 80w non-inverter Haier Thermocool 100L deep-freezer + >120w 5ca5" Hisense Smart TV + 400w Maxi 10kg washing machine + 70w slim Sony PS3 + 65w laptop power pack + 33w Qasa rechargeable + 400w Royal blender ≈ >1,000w rated appliances all loaded on inverter at once

2. Overload protection kicked in when i plugged in only a pressing iron rated 1,600w... embarassed

Videos of test available on request

Price: 57,000 firm
Hello! What's your location? and how to contact you? I need the mppt charging controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ianian: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
I want to upgrade my 12v system to 24v as I wanna add a solar setup to help PHCN charging. I already have 2 X 220ah batteries.

I need help, I need know the price range of an afriipower 2.5kva 24v

I read somewhere here that 2 pieces of 400watts panel is preferred to 4 pieces of 200watts. (What is the cost of one 400watts panel please)

Lastly, do you advice a pwm or mppt for this setup. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Elcapitan0: 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hello guys. Please i have an issuei need your expertiseon. My friend have a 5kva 48v felicity hybrid inverter with 8 400w panel. The problem he is encountering is that most times, the panels does not fully charge on a well sunny day as the maximum he ever got was 800w showing with not too serious usage . He is of the opinion adding more panels which I told him to hold on for now. On the spec sheet of his inverter, i saw max solar voltage to be 145V and i saw an 'off grid' hybrid 5kva felicity inverter with 500V max solar voltage.
(Don't know if they are different). Please guys what can be done?
The last pics was the off geid inverter i saw

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Elcapitan0:
Hello guys. Please i have an issuei need your expertiseon. My friend have a 5kva 48v felicity hybrid inverter with 8 400w panel. The problem he is encountering is that most times, the panels does not fully charge on a well sunny day as the maximum he ever got was 800w showing with not too serious usage . He is of the opinion adding more panels which I told him to hold on for now. On the spec sheet of his inverter, i saw max solar voltage to be 145V and i saw an 'off grid' hybrid 5kva felicity inverter with 500V max solar voltage.

He should be getting at least 2.6kw during peak periods.

Try to charge with Solar only, also check maximum solar charge current if it's set to maximum of 80A.
Whats the PV configuration, it looks like 2s4p, if we can see the spec sheet of the panel, it will help determine if he can do 3s or 4s Instead, your friends version can only take max VOC of 145V as stated on inverter.
Also Orientation maybe an issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
5.5kw Deye hybrid inverter available, #930,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2023
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,500,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
220Ah 12v luminous tubular battery available, #170,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
10kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter available, #1,350,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
5kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, # 850,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
E should not add any panel. Best is for him to bring those panels down n test them one after d other.. something is wrong somewhere. It's either the panels orientation is poor or some of d panels are bad or cable problem.
Elcapitan0:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2023
Enter Jiji n check for different inverter prices. Message dem to confirm price.
There are few of principles I can't begin to explain inorder to answer this oda question. But I'll say this. if u will use 400w panel go for yingli. It's 120k or so. Mppt CC ofcourse

ianian:
I want to upgrade my 12v system to 24v as I wanna add a solar setup to help PHCN charging. I already have 2 X 220ah batteries.

I need help, I need know the price range of an afriipower 2.5kva 24v

I read somewhere here that 2 pieces of 400watts panel is preferred to 4 pieces of 200watts. (What is the cost of one 400watts panel please)

Lastly, do you advice a pwm or mppt for this setup. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Sunking can power 5 cctv for 5hrs... Neva
How much is ur budget for d setup fess
wayisshut:
hello my people. I am looking for a very cost effective way to hook up a small solar system to power only a cctv setup. Just 5 cctv cameras, a router, dvr , power plug. for about 5 to 7 hrs during the day. not totally offgrid anyway sometimes our "NEPA" is available. Can sunking power box suffice?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Protech119:

Hello! What's your location? and how to contact you? I need the mppt charging controller

I am in Lagos. I sent you a WhatsApp message. We will take it up from therr. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wayisshut: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Sunking can power 5 cctv for 5hrs... Neva
How much is ur budget for d setup fess

I am looking @ at budget between 80- 100k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2023
48v 160ah 8192kwh lifepo4 lithium battery! made with 16pcs premium EVE 160AH LIFEPO4 cells with authentic QR codes, all cells capacity tested and pulled above ratings. Bluetooth bms deployed, 10mm copper battery terminals, 125A TOMZN circuit breaker, voltmeter and fully compressed cells. battery box comes with tyres for easy mobility with lock
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mrcalxy(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2023
Elcapitan0:

Very difficult to diagnose solar generation issues without significant information about the system, notes of things can go wrong. Here are the information you should provide.

* What type of battery are they connected to. e.g Tubular or AGM, if possible provide the name or picture.

How are the panels connected, e.g 2 In series (4 in series would damage the inverter solar charger because it would be more than the maximum PV input of the inverter which is at 145v.

* What is the make of the panel, do you have the panel specification sheet (usually the label at the back) where did he get the panels from.

What is the distance between the roof
(assuming the panels are installed on the roof) and the inverter e.g if the house is an "upstairs" is the inverter installed on the ground floor? this helps to gauge distance. And if possible what type of wiring was done between inverter and solar panel. If you don't know a picture might help.

My preliminary assessment based on what you provided and some assumptions of mine.

I am assuming the Panels are connected 2 in series. If this is the case, the total voltage of the panel assuming VMP is 35v might not be sufficient to charge a 48v battery system when you factor in losses. A 48v battery (assuming tubular) needs at least 57.6v to properly charge. This means the solar panel of 70v would struggle to charge such a battery system when you calculate wiring and heat related losses, in fact they won't much much room for MPPT to happen and this might account for the low charge you are seeing.

If my assumptions are correct and assuming the right wire size is used, then you friend would be best served switching to a 3 in series panel configuration. This would make 2 extra panels redundant. He can stick to using 6 panels in a 3S2P (3 in series, 2 parallel) configuration or buy an extra 400w panel and set them to a 3S3S 3 in series, 3 parallel configuration.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2023
angry 100k? For wat exactly. This shows you didn't even take any moment to read few pages back. Ur budget can't buy any decent battery alone, talkless of other components. Kindly read some pages back to know prices of items needed.
wayisshut:

I am looking @ at budget between 80- 100k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
Valto:
48v 160ah 8192kwh lifepo4 lithium battery! made with 16pcs premium EVE 160AH LIFEPO4 cells with authentic QR codes, all cells capacity tested and pulled above ratings. Bluetooth bms deployed, 10mm copper battery terminals, 125A TOMZN circuit breaker, voltmeter and fully compressed cells. battery box comes with tyres for easy mobility with lock
whatsapp 0802-057-4628

Your packaging too make sense, money to chest this bill at the moment be the issue.

Man just involved in some projects wey require immediate attention else things for go the other way around.

I still get you for mind though.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Elcapitan0:

From the 2nd & 3rd picture you posted, it shows the panels are supplying 63v & 172w which means the connection is in 2s 4p and this is not ideal for 48v setup.

If all Panels as same products, bring one down and check if the VOC is less than 45, then you can buy one more panel with same specifications and wire then in 3s 3p.

But if the VOC is Above 45v and you desire to use IVEM5048 which the Nominal voltage is 360v, then you can make use of the 8 Panels without buying another panel; if money is not an issue just buy one more panel to cater for voltage drop and wire everything in series!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sustyFC: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2023
Hello! This is great but is it not the same as what Uwana Energy is doing? Check www.uwanaenergy.com they provide the system size and connect you with a solar provider there

idk2023:
Hello everyone,

I am so moved by the solidarity and camaraderie on this thread. After reading through this ENTIRE thread, I identified common problems and questions. Many people either have questions on system sizing (what size solar system they need) and/ or what/ where they can find good quality, reliable equipment (whether importing directing from China or sourcing locally from Nigeria).

I have noticed that some people share their system sizing and where to find their equipment, but it can be quite intense reading through this entire thread to find an answer (it took me weeks to do so).

So, I will be starting an easy to follow guide that automatically calculates the size of solar system you need (this is called system sizing) and direct people to equipment they can purchase based on their budget and location. Later on, I will allow people who purchased the equipment to give updates/ opinions on the equipment (providing more information to other Nigerians trying to DIY their solar system).

If this is of interest to you, please PM or input your email via the link below! I would love to get people’s feedback on initial drafts or other ideas they have for this guide, so I can continue to improve upon it and it can serve as a great resource to others. It would be great to dispel the notion that building a solar system yourself is too hard or complicated.

As we all know with the right information, anyone can do it.

Input your email here: https://forms.gle/uMGBbJMLTLpRSXRa8

*Edit: Given the interest, I’m getting regarding this guide, I have inserted a link where you can submit your email. That way, once I’ve completed the first draft of the guide, I can send it to you and get your thoughts.*

(1) (2) (3) ... (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bwyite and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.