Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2099554 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) ... (1715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2023
monchazfarms:
Good morning, good people. Please, I need your inputs on the best configuration I can employ to install 16 units of 100w solar panels with a 24v smarten hybrid inverter.

What is the hybrid inverter PV open circuit voltage and wattage spec?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monchazfarms: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2023
mctfopt:

I'll check and revert back to you. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2023
gadgetplanetng:
I'd share my experience with the Schneider Homaya soon

Got one in February from their official store.

By March it developed a fault, fan is on non-stop and if utility power comes in, it goes off and doesn't charge batteries.

Contacted their support and they're telling me to pay 45k for a less than 2 month old inverter.

China brands it seems have better support these days

Inverter?
If yes which model to be exact?
Where are you based?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:29am On Jun 08, 2023
Peterlove11:

Unbelievable standby consumption: >3w
How genuine is this.

Yet to buy it.

Infact just learned of it, will compare and contrast it with a more popular unit on sale on these streets soon.

Although I am considering adding it to one of the items I want to buy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vicobaba123: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2023
Hi everyone,
Where can I buy this cable in Lagos ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monchazfarms: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2023
mctfopt:

Here's the specification bro.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:45am On Jun 08, 2023
dollarnaira:

Your last statement is an opinion that I differ.
The above should not even occur in the first place since we all are aware of our appliances' wattages. Well, the type of inverter we all use differ.

You may be right.
Short circuit and overload you can control but you can't control over voltage and surge.
SPD degrades on each hit. So inbuilt suppression will degrade for sure after a while if you don't have external.
When lightening happen in my area I don't run around disconnecting appliances.

Most inverter advice leaving 50cm space around it for heat dissipation - that's ventilation. If your inverter has to go off due to overheat, components inside degrades gradually and would fail eventually if this happens frequently.

Rejection of voltages above 285V by your inverter is done by a circuitry.
The circuit may fail when nepa decides to give you line to line voltage of 385V in error. It's better for your overvoltage protector to die than your inverter in such scenerio. This happened not too long in my area, so many appliances were destroyed in adjourning houses.

Minute details like this account for why some people's inverter/appliances last longer than that of others.

I'm on my 2nd inverter in over 14 yrs - not because of failure (but upgrade)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2023
Vicobaba123:
Hi everyone,
Where can I buy this cable in Lagos ?

There are so many cable like that but for different purposes. What is it for? What's the standard?
It can be USB - RS485, USB to CAN, USB - modbus, and so on. Each has different pin out at the Rj45 end. And the chip in the USB end is tailored to the specific purpose.

You can get this aliexpress store to create it for you with a genuine FTDI chip:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQ5wxVP
You have to give them the full details and negotiate the price

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vicobaba123: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2023
mank1234:

There are so many cable like that but for different purposes. What is it for? What's the standard?
It can be USB - RS485, USB to CAN, USB - modbus, and so on. Each has different pin out at the Rj45 end. And the chip in the USB end is tailored to the specific purpose.
This is for Mppt solar communication, RS232 to usb. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
Juror:

Do you have an experience with sunfit?

Nope @ sunfit.
But had with flames and Suntech, they aint in same league with yingli
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
Vicobaba123:
This is for Mppt solar communication, RS232 to usb. Thanks
USD to RS232 (Rj45) is not standardized. You have to know the pinout for the Rj45 end so you can request for exactly that. Else you may get one and it doesn't work with your controller.
Does your manual has the pinout?
What's the brand and model of your controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
RS485.

those ports are usually RS485, not RJ45.

Most inverter boards do not include network cards......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2023
15kwh 48v blue carbon lithium battery available, #1,700,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
10kwh felicity lithium battery and 5kva 48v MUST hybrid inverter ready for delivery to Benin.. call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
220Ah 12v Multi power tubular battery available, #145,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
4llerbuntu:
RS485.

Rj45 or Rj11is the plug. RS485, CAN, RS232, Modbus, are communication standards which can equally utilize any of the plugs.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
45A - 120A felicity MPPT charge controller available.

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
10kwh 48v LPBF felicity lithium battery available, #1,200,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
200Ah 12v Quanta Amaron battery available, #200,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
3kva 24v felicity hybrid inverter (high voltage) available, #250,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
3kva 24v MUsT hybrid inverter available, #230,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
5kva 48v MUST hybrid inverter available, #320,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
mank1234:

You may be right.
Short circuit and overload you can control but you can't control over voltage and surge.
SPD degrades on each hit. So inbuilt suppression will degrade for sure after a while if you don't have external.
When lightening happen in my area I don't run around disconnecting appliances.

Most inverter advice leaving 50cm space around it for heat dissipation - that's ventilation. If your inverter has to go off due to overheat, components inside degrades gradually and would fail eventually if this happens frequently.

Rejection of voltages above 285V by your inverter is done by a circuitry.
The circuit may fail when nepa decides to give you line to line voltage of 385V in error. It's better for your overvoltage protector to die than your inverter in such scenerio. This happened not too long in my area, so many appliances were destroyed in adjourning houses.

Minute details like this account for why some people's inverter/appliances last longer than that of others.

I'm on my 2nd inverter in over 14 yrs - not because of failure (but upgrade)
Nice!!!

So it all boils down to usage.

I detest anything passing through utility.

My charger is external via "stabilizer".

I am a fan of stand alone inverters. I hate stories of utility surges. They can render inverters useless. Reason I don like hybrid inverters bc when one function goes bad, the whole box goes for repairs-- my opinion.

Frequent surge is from utility.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Homaya – Solar Hybrid System 1500VA || AEH-SHI01-1500

I got this for my parents.

The last message I sent them almost a month ago they just ignored.
I expected better from the company I get far better service from unknown China brands.

Port Harcourt.

FEGEITOK:

Inverter?
If yes which model to be exact?
Where are you based?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
gadgetplanetng:
Homaya – Solar Hybrid System 1500VA || AEH-SHI01-1500

I got this for my parents.

The last message I sent them almost a month ago they just ignored.
I expected better from the company I get far better service from unknown China brands.

Port Harcourt.

I have 2 units of the exact same inverter. I have even used it to pump water though I had to turn off other appliances. Not the best use of the inverter I agree but I have had zero issues in the 2 years that I have run them.

That said do you mind sending it to Abuja so it can diagnosed and possibly repaired here?

When you said you sent them messages? Do you mind sending those messages along with the proof of purchase? Was it via the Schneider website or the reseller you bought from?

Who did you buy from?

My distributor is a big name Schneider shop.

I just put a call to them to find out if they would not mnd taking a look at the unit. They said they do not mind.

Do you have an idea what happened that caused it to go bad?

You said it is still under warranty. Do you have proof of purchase? If yes, I would like to help you take up the matter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
Abeg this your source have a replacement board for the 2.4 KVA? I have one that I have been looking at since it became faulty.

I do like the inverter, my experience with it has been good,
FEGEITOK:

I have 2 units of the exact same inverter. I have even used it to pump water though I had to turn off other appliances. Not the best use of the inverter I agree but I have had zero issues in the 2 years that I have run them.

That said do you mind sending it to Abuja so it can diagnosed and possibly repaired here?

When you said you sent them messages? Do you mind sending those messages along with the proof of purchase? Was it via the Schneider website or the reseller you bought from?

Who did you buy from?

My distributor is a big name Schneider shop.

I just put a call to them to find out if they would not mnd taking a look at the unit. They said they do not mind.

Do you have an idea what happened that caused it to go bad?

You said it is still under warranty. Do you have proof of purchase? If yes, I would like to help you take up the matter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
ojesymsym:
Abeg this your source have a replacement board for the 2.4 KVA? I have one that I have been looking at since it became faulty.

I do like the inverter, my experience with it has been good,

Can you share a picture of the board? I will ask but you know how Nigeria works they want to see a picture of the thing you are asking for
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Dm me for your inver repairs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
The other new kid on the block.

I feel like I can be the guinea pig for this.

I had always wondered if they could do 850va and 1500va why could they not scale it up?

Now they have.

they have got 3kva 4kva and 6kva and unlike the former listed above, these can be paralleled to increase output.

@gloriousgbola, do they specs make it a compelling buy?

I am thinking of getting a unit for the office and another for the house

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by temitimx19(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
justcallmenuel:
220Ah 12v Multi power tubular battery available, #145,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461
Multipower is the best tubular battery ever. The one I regret buying is matrix battery, it's not durable at all

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GloriousGbola: 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
FEGEITOK:
The other new kid on the block.

I feel like I can be the guinea pig for this.

I had always wondered if they could do 850va and 1500va why could they not scale it up?

Now they have.

they have got 3kva 4kva and 6kva and unlike the former listed above, these can be paralleled to increase output.

@gloriousgbola, do they specs make it a compelling buy?

I am thinking of getting a unit for the office and another for the house

the specs are compelling. however the nigrian paranoiac in me says buy one first and observe how it works under nigerian conditions. there are always some random issue unique to nigeria/third world countries that can make an otherwise perfectly reliable machine start misbehaving. but you understand this - which is why you are opting to be the guinea pig cheesy.

as long as they are confirmed to honour their warranty , i think you're good to go smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vicobaba123: 12:31am On Jun 09, 2023
4llerbuntu:
RS485.

The inverter is called Esmart 2 MPPT Solar Controller.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) ... (1715) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Deluxe8000(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.