Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059304 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 12:55am On Jun 09, 2023
Homaya Pro M1000 versus Powmr MPPT-60A Charge Controller Solar Review (Specs Only)

Updated to include Powmr MPPT-60A maximum PV withstanding Voltage

Maximum PV withstanding voltage for Powmr is 160 volts but the company itself warns not to run it at that rate for long because it will break the controller.

So I would say that figure is not to be relied upon

At 160 volts maximum PV withstanding voltage, Powmr has better capacity

So you gotta decide between the 100 volts PV reliable hard limit of Homaya or the 160 volts PV unreliable hard limit which do you prefer to bank on?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 1:28am On Jun 09, 2023
temitimx19:

Multipower is the best tubular battery ever. The one I regret buying is matrix battery, it's not durable at all

What's your yardstick for best......

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 2:42am On Jun 09, 2023
Vicobaba123:
The inverter is called Esmart 2 MPPT Solar Controller.

Abeg use blower and blow this inverter, dirt dey inside.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2023
I bought it on the Schneider store on Konga https:///merchant/205934 on the 8th of February.

I first contacted ccc.nigeria@schneider-electric.com which directed me to solarsupport-emea@schneider-electric.com who directed me to First Options in Port Harcourt.

Someone from First Options came to pick it up, at first they said it's the fan that's the issue and they'd change it, then the next morning called and told me it's the board claiming it's lightening damage which is strange as the ceepro inverter which was swapped out has been there almost 3 years and still works perfectly.

I don't stay where it is so I'm not sure what went wrong.

I believe my main issues are having to start repairing the inverter so soon when the one that was there has never been repaired &having to pay for repairs in less than 2 months

I'd be very glad if you can take it up.

FEGEITOK:

I have 2 units of the exact same inverter. I have even used it to pump water though I had to turn off other appliances. Not the best use of the inverter I agree but I have had zero issues in the 2 years that I have run them.

That said do you mind sending it to Abuja so it can diagnosed and possibly repaired here?

When you said you sent them messages? Do you mind sending those messages along with the proof of purchase? Was it via the Schneider website or the reseller you bought from?

Who did you buy from?

My distributor is a big name Schneider shop.

I just put a call to them to find out if they would not mnd taking a look at the unit. They said they do not mind.

Do you have an idea what happened that caused it to go bad?

You said it is still under warranty. Do you have proof of purchase? If yes, I would like to help you take up the matter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obinnau(m): 6:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Please experts in the house. Can a 1.5kva inverter system connected to a 200ah battery power a fridge of 130 Watts? When it is just only the fridge that is connected?

Also between tubular battery and felicity gel battery which is better? Or even a better recommendation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2023
Obinnau:
Please experts in the house. Can a 1.5kva inverter system connected to a 200ah battery power a fridge of 130 Watts? When it is just only the fridge that is connected?

Also between tubular battery and felicity gel battery which is better? Or even a better recommendation.
Your information is scanty. Your fridge of 130W can't depend on the 200AH battery. You must have some panels to support. Also 1.5KVa Inverter may not have the charging current to charge the battery sufficiently or efficiently and that also depends on the grid (NEPA) situation in your area. Furthermore, the system you want is it to power only the Fridge? I hope you have to be specific and bring more data. Senior experts in the house will add to what I highlighted.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2023
monchazfarms:
Good morning, good people. Please, I need your inputs on the best configuration I can employ to install 16 units of 100w solar panels with a 24v smarten hybrid inverter.

I really need your inputs on this. Kindly help a brother.

Inverter specification: 2.5kva/24v
Maximum panel wattage: 1,500
Maximum pv voltage: 85v
Maximum battery current: 50Amp.

You can connect all the panels. Connect 2 in series so you will have 6 panels in parallel @ 44v total voltage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2023
temitimx19:

Multipower is the best tubular battery ever. The one I regret buying is matrix battery, it's not durable at all
Did you buy it from me?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2023
Yesterday the gods put me in a dungeon and I had to reach out to several of their high priests otherwise I would be out of commission till tomorrow.

Thankfully the several high priests I reached out to were able to save me and put me back in service

So I will complete the rest of the review in picture format

Maximum PV withstanding voltage for Powmr is 160 volts but the company itself warns not to run it at that rate for long because it will break the controller.

At 200 volts max PV withstanding voltage, Homaya has better capacity.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2023
Pls how much the price 25mm cooper Cable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2023
gadgetplanetng:
I bought it on the Schneider store on Konga https:///merchant/205934 on the 8th of February.

I first contacted ccc.nigeria@schneider-electric.com which directed me to solarsupport-emea@schneider-electric.com who directed me to First Options in Port Harcourt.

Someone from First Options came to pick it up, at first they said it's the fan that's the issue and they'd change it, then the next morning called and told me it's the board claiming it's lightening damage which is strange as the ceepro inverter which was swapped out has been there almost 3 years and still works perfectly.

I don't stay where it is so I'm not sure what went wrong.

I believe my main issues are having to start repairing the inverter so soon when the one that was there has never been repaired &having to pay for repairs in less than 2 months

I'd be very glad if you can take it up.

Will reach out to you this weekend to move things one notch up

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bgee77: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pls I need a recommendation between Felicity solar panels 540w and jinko solar panels 545w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bgee77:
Pls I need a recommendation between Felicity solar panels 540w and jinko solar panels 545w
felicity ke, they are not mates abeg grin even if the price difference is 25k, go for jinko!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Valto:
felicity ke, they are not mates abeg grin even if the price difference is 25k, go for jinko!
Baba u dey harsh ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Bgee77:

grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Daniel2802(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
Picked up my lithium battery from Valto.

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
NEW ARRIVALS!!!

Luminous tubular battery available

Luminous volt charge 220a ... N170,000

Luminous Nrgt 220a ..... N230,000

3 years product warranty

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monchazfarms: 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
mctfopt:

You can connect all the panels. Connect 2 in series so you will have 6 panels in parallel @ 44v total voltage

I'm very grateful. Thanks a million.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
FEGEITOK:
Yesterday the gods put me in a dungeon and I had to reach out to several of their high priests otherwise I would be out of commission till tomorrow.

Thankfully the several high priests I reached out to were able to save me and put me back in service

So I will complete the rest of the review in picture format

At 200 volts max PV withstanding voltage, Homaya has better capacity.

What's the cost difference?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
QUANTA HUPS BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Quanta hups 12v 200a deep cycle battery promo offer

Unit price .......... N199,500
4 units above..... N199,000
8 units above......N198,000

Country of Origin : INDIA
ONE year standard product warranty.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
How much and what's the capacity?
Daniel2802:
Picked up my lithium battery from Valto.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Yes I tink so, am using my 1.5kva with one 220ah luminous battery, a Felicity 60amps controller and 3 panel of 400watt each to power my inverter refrigerator with rated power of 140watts, I run this refrigerator during the day for 4hrs and use d battery at night for lightning and TV.. So I think it can power yours too cus I also use a washing machine of 360watt(wash), 260watt(spin) and I do wash and spin same time
Obinnau:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
mctfopt:

What's the cost difference?

I have used the Powmr for a while. But I think the Homaya is better documented and has more features and capabilities.

Based on the specs alone, I think it is a good buy

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Vicobaba123: 1:07am On Jun 10, 2023
tsiriman:

Abeg use blower and blow this inverter, dirt dey inside.
grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:16am On Jun 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I have used the Powmr for a while. But I think the Homaya is better documented and has more features and capabilities.

Based on the specs alone, I think it is a good buy

That's almost 3x the cost of PowMr. With that much difference in cost, if it doesn't have more capabilities, then it doesn't make sense to get it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 6:51am On Jun 10, 2023
mctfopt:

That's almost 3x the cost of PowMr. With that much difference in cost, if it doesn't have more cpabilities, then it doesn't make sense to get it.

Agreed.

The Powmr is good for someone who is just starting his journey in solar and wants to keep entry costs low while learning the ropes

But my reason for comparing was, how does this compare with what I already have?

Should I take the plunge?

Does the cost benefit ratio make sense?

Finally having benefitted immensely from the wealth of knowledge on this thread, I was obligated to pay it forward

I will do a similar thing between the 1.5KVA Homaya Home that I already have and the new 3 kW/4 kW/6kW Homaya Pro that was introduced sometime in July 2022

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Na alaba I dey use oh grin

We talk them down too much but the funniest thing is many manufacturers want to collaborate with this guy's.
Them get many investors

I wasn't actually demeaning Alaba as a whole, there are authorized distributors and resellers for genuine and reliable products there.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2023
monchazfarms:
Good morning, good people. Please, I need your inputs on the best configuration I can employ to install 16 units of 100w solar panels with a 24v smarten hybrid inverter.

I really need your inputs on this. Kindly help a brother.

Inverter specification: 2.5kva/24v
Maximum panel wattage: 1,500
Maximum pv voltage: 85v
Maximum battery current: 50Amp.

Comfortable config ... 3s5p
Adrenaline config ... 4s4p (you can try this, with some losses due to positioning and wire, you MAY scale through during peak output and favorable conditions )
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:
Homaya Pro M1000 versus Powmr MPPT-60A Charge Controller Solar Review (Specs Only)

Updated to include Powmr MPPT-60A maximum PV withstanding Voltage

At 160 volts maximum PV withstanding voltage, Powmr has better capacity

So you gotta decide the 100 volts PV hard limit of Homaya or the 160 volts PV unreliable hard limit which do you prefer to bank on?

The Powmr beats the Homaya but I understand you're just marketing.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Obinnau:

Simple answer - Yes
Try Ritar, I would also mention fullriver but I'm starting to lose confidence.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2023
mctfopt:

That's almost 3x the cost of PowMr. With that much difference in cost, if it doesn't have more capabilities, then it doesn't make sense to get it.
Simple

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2023
earthrealm:

Nope @ sunfit.
But had with flames and Suntech, they aint in same league with yingli

Ok then.
I think the sources of sunfit and xtrapower aren't too different and they perform moderately well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bb007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.