Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061127 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2023
Dam5reey:

Do all the 4 panel on the external CC..
please what arrangement should it be ? Paralell or series
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
abbeymighty:
please what arrangement should it be ? Paralell or series
2series 2 parallel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Please which inverter are you refering to ?
gadgetplanetng:
My Dad actually called me this morning to thank me (again) for it
See my review below.
They use it for a 200l thermocool freezer and 90l old westpoint fridge at the same time throughout the day with TV and gotv and it performs better than the Scheider Homaya I got for them previously on all fronts.

Seller also has a video where he powers pressing iron, hot plate and microwave with it.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
Dam5reey:

2series 2 parallel
thanks bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
swagifted:
it was set at 25 degrees, the AC is not on inverter yet.... Am just saying the energy consumption was low enough for me to want to run it from inverter later
There are a lot of factors to considered including the ambient temperature. Return it to 16'C and give us report.
Mine consume about 151 at 27'C maintaining an average coolness at night, sometimes it's lower, sometimes it's a bit higher depending on these factors.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
mctfopt:

All inverters may work with lithium, but not all inverters charging voltage profile is ok for lithium batteries.
Factory setting could be done on charging profile to make it compatible with lithium. This is possible if he wants to buy directly from the company.
I did it three weeks ago.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 4:02am On Oct 24, 2023
it just occured to me that I have an RCCB in my incoming utility power but I do not have an RCCB in my incoming inverter power.

Does anyone have and RCCB or RCO in between their inverter power supply and their devices?

Is it OK to set one up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 4:44am On Oct 24, 2023
100/50D
gadgetplanetng:

What model of Fangpusun?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 4:50am On Oct 24, 2023
Do you use both inverter and utility simultaneously in the house ?
If not, only one RCCB/RCBO is fine at the DB where all your loads get their supply from
FEGEITOK:
it just occured to me that I have an RCCB in my incoming utility power but I do not have an RCCB in my incoming inverter power.

Does anyone have and RCCB or RCO in between their inverter power supply and their devices?

Is it OK to set one up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shogbenga: 6:24am On Oct 24, 2023
Good morning gurus

Pls advise

I have a 5 kva inverter, 96 volts.
I currently use 8 batteries, lead acid, with 8 solar panels, 350w each
I want to increase the panels so that I can be almost off grid

Pls what quantity and size of panels do you advise I add. What make . Thanks

Cc: mctfopt and other great guys. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2023
isangjohnson:

There are a lot of factors to considered including the ambient temperature. Return it to 16'C and give us report.
Mine consume about 151 at 27'C maintaining an average coolness at night, sometimes it's lower, sometimes it's a bit higher depending on these factors.
one hundred and fifty one units or 1.51 units?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2023
earthrealm:

strange panels you hv got there 64v voc.....and 380w.. curious to know the make. have you rechecked this specs with a meter?.

since u say u hv a hybrid, only option is a series connection.
Exulted eagles 380w panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2023
obitobe:
in this case all series is your best bet. I hope the Inverter is not Ipowerx Max.

Why can't i go less.
Probably 3s2p
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:02am On Oct 24, 2023
shogbenga:
Good morning gurus

Pls advise

I have a 5 kva inverter, 96 volts.
I currently use 8 batteries, lead acid, with 8 solar panels, 350w each
I want to increase the panels so that I can be almost off grid

Pls what quantity and size of panels do you advise I add. What make . Thanks

Cc: mctfo.pt and other great guys. Thanks

The number of solar panels needed to go offgrid is dependent on the load you are running. The load is what drains the batteries. To calculate the quantity of solar panels that will recharge the batteries this load is needed.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2023
Sukam falcon 1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 110k

Mpower 1.1kva/12v pure sine wave inverter - 110k

Afripower 1.7kva/24v pure sine wave inverter - 150k

Cloud 1.5kva/24v pure sine wave inverter (wall mount) - 160k

1kva 50a hybrid inverter cloud - 140k

Sunmart vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 455k

Sunmart Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 390k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 415k

Sunmart Vmiii plus 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - (out of stock)

Sorotec Revo Vmii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - (out of stock)

Sorotec Revo Vmii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - 420k

Sorotec 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit) - 565k

Sorotec 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc parallel version (includes parrallel kit)- 450k

Sorotec Revo vmiii 5.5kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - out of stock

Sorotec Revo vmiii 3.5kw 24v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - out of stock

Sorotec Revo vmiv 5.6kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc (parallel compatible) - ?

Sorotec Revo vmiv pro 6kw 48v 100a hybrid inverter 500vdc - ?

Powmr 3.2kva 24v 80a 450vdc mppt hybrid inverter - 295k

Powmr 3.5kva 24v 100a 500vdc mppt hybrid inverter - 425k

Powmr 5.5kva 48v 100a mppt hybrid inverter - 485k

Snadi 3.5kva 24v inverter wall mount (transformer) works with lithium - 315k

Snadi 5.5kva 24v inverter wall mount (transformer) works with lithium - 415k

Snadi 5.5kva 48v inverter wall mount (transformer) works with lithium- 415k

Epever triron 40a mppt charge controller - 100k

Epever tracer 60a mppt charge controller - 220k

Epever tracer 100a mppt charge controller - (out of stock)

Must 100a mppt solar charge controller - (out of stock)

Must 60a mppt solar charge controller - 160k

Must 80a mppt solar charge controller - 170k

Fangpusun flexmax 80a mppt charge controller - 355k

Fangpusun flexmax 60a mppt charge controller - (out of stock)

Fangpusun 50a 12/24v - 115k

40amps mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller(mobile app compatible)- 85k

60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller(Mobile app compatible) - 170k

60amps 12/24/36/48v powermr mppt - 95k

Greenpole 48v 100ah lithium battery - 950k(out of stock)

Avr(under n over voltage regulator)/current limiter 60a - 11k

Avr (under n over voltage regulator)/current limiter 63a 4pole 3 Phase (tomzn) - 30k

Change over breaker/MTS - 6.5k

Change over breaker/MTS 4pole - 16k

DC SPD 500v - 11k

DC SPD 500v (Tomzn) - 13k

DC spd 1000v (tomzn)- 13.5k

Ac spd 385v - 9k

Ac spd 275v (tomzn) - 11k

Ac spd 4 pole - 18k

DC Voltmeter (5v- 120v ) - 2.5k

DC Voltmeter (8v- 100v / with battery indicator and %) - 7k

DC Battery and energy Meter 200a - 19.5k

Kill a Watt meter - 16k

Mc4 connectors - 750

Mc4 y connector 2 in 1 - 4k

Mc4 y connector 3 in 1- 6k

Mc4 y connector 4 in 1 - 11k

Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 11k

Programmable timer 25a - 11k

solar DC fuse holder 1 pole (tomzn) - 3k

Solar DC fuse holder 2 pole (tomzn)- 5.5k

Solar DC fuse (10a/16a/20a/25a/30a) - 2k

DC breaker 10a 600v double pole (tomzn)- 6.5k

DC breaker 16a 600v double pole (tomzn) - 6.5k

DC breaker 20a 600v double pole (tomzn) - 6.5k

DC breaker 25a 600v double pole (tomzn) - 6.5k

DC breaker 125a double pole (tomzn) - 12k

DC breaker 100a double pole (tomzn) - 12k

DC breaker single pole (32-63a) - 3k

DC breakers double pole 63a - 6k

DC breaker double pole 100a - 9k

Dc breaker double pole 125a - 11k

250a DC mccb breaker double pole (Tomzn) - 30k

Ac breaker double pole 10a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 16a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 32a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 63a (Tomzn)- 4k

Ac breaker double pole 10a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 16a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 32a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ac breaker double pole 63a (Chint)- 4.5k

Ha02 battery balancer 48v (with display) - 45k

Ha02 battery equalizer 24v (with display) - 35k

Busbar (Red and Black) - 25k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a (tomzn) - 27k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a (tomzn) - 27.5k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 125a (tomzn) - 27.5k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a 2in2out wall mount (tomzn) - 35k

Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a 4pole 3 phase (tomzn) - 37k

6 in 1 Ac display meter ( watts, voltage,kWh,amps, freq, power factor) - 19k

4way breaker enclosure - 3.5k

6way breaker enclosure - 4.5k

8 way breaker enclosure - 5k

12 way breaker enclosure - 6.5k

DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08 one 1739 829 four
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
swagifted:
one hundred and fifty one units or 1.51 units?
151w I mean
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shogbenga: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
Thanks @mctfopt

The total load is 4.45kw, less a/c and heater
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
dejidotun2000:
Do you use both inverter and utility simultaneously in the house ?
If not, only one RCCB/RCBO is fine at the DB where all your loads get their supply from

Inverter loads are on a seperate DB from main utility DB

Hence this thought
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

Why can't i go less.
Probably 3s2p

You can do 3S2P but why will you do that when your inverter voc is at 450vdc. The only disadvantage i see here is that if you do series once their is a shadow cast on one of the panel it will affect the rest but for your 3S2P it wouldn't affect it that much. Advantage of the series over your combination is that early morning and late evening your panel will work efficiently still compared to your combination.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DolbyDigital: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
I have a 12 volt battery.

Should I buy a solar panel of 12 volt or 24 volt for charging. (Watt are the same and my solar controller support both)

I am thinking of choosing 12 volt but what do I have to lose or gain if I am chose 24 volt? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shogbenga: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
mctfopt:

The number of solar panels needed to go offgrid is dependent on the load you are running. The load is what drains the batteries. To calculate the quantity of solar panels that will recharge the batteries this load is needed.

Thanks @mctfopt

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2023
shogbenga:

Thanks @mctfopt

That's a big load, you'll require a lot of solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 12:55am On Oct 25, 2023
Anyone familiar with Air-conditioners calculations on inverters for both inverter n non-inverter types.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:33am On Oct 25, 2023
brightk:
i know u ve no shame. Wetin i de hate u for? For olodo wen u b? Person wen de couple lifepo4 pack with li-ion bms abi u go deny dat one 2 for the 24v mtn luminous cells wen u couple?. These are the cells u sold to me in d 24v 200ah pack. Am very sure you recognized dem . Cells of different Ah capacity dat u mismatched to give me 200AH. In less than 3 months cells became swollen. Wen i took dem apart, u need to see all terminals with their thread worn out. . My load nor even reach 100w yet small rain go fall. I go de fear not to sleep 4 darkness even witih 300w*4 panels.The whole pack was dead on arrival. Na manipulation dat stuff take on. This one nor b matter of waking up bms. I knew how fustrated i became after spending so much on a pack i cant use.. i had to look 4 alternatives.. To even say dat i was ripped off is an understatement, this nigga showed me love n F****Ked my a***s. ... when i compared the price i bought the pack with that of others in recent times i go just shake my head. If na family problem u add put for gud.. e even pass nigerian problem.. Make i ask u something, the money never finish?

wow
so the nonsense wey I dey write for here dey real ?

Sorry for your experience Sir/Ma.

Glad say me know enough not to fall for such things.

Some dey even harvest cells from DEAD laptop batteries sef. Dem go come couple am, hype am, come dey form alphaOmega onto say dem be tecknologists.
e get reason wey dey make dem feel stressed + threatened whenever ediots like me talk some kind things.

Do you know some HELP questions asked in here, are asked by people who sell solar items. dem go just ask question, sometimes tag me on top am; probably looking to see if I would flop. I suspected that a couple of times, I went ahead to verify and even went as far as putting a call through, asking preSale questions and they fell for it.

Make I no even talk about some calls wey I dey get wey dem go masqurade as potential clients pretending like say dem appreciate wetin I dey do.

As usual, except you know what you doing, you're better of with quality New / USED [tubular] lead-Acid batteries. Mostly, they prey on those who don't have the basic knowledge and that's where ajority of Nigerians falls in.

e get reason wey mmake me talk say - the day I ready to use lithium Batteries, I go couple my own. All it takes is ordering lithium cells of my liking (I no go cheat ma sef na) and a couple other things.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:51am On Oct 25, 2023
mctfopt:

I always say that if you run a dubious business, you can only make a one time sale. That's it. No return buying, no referral, brutally honest bad reviews, etc

Not worth it if you ask me.

Lion BMS will allow each lifepo4 cell to charge to 4.2v, that's a death sentence sad

FYI these cells you uploaded looked older than some cells I bought in 2019 smiley

At times, lack of knowledge, is the issue. Might not necessarily mean he/She set off to cheat his/her client.

A lot of installers, never sabi basic things for solar to begin with. And they know how to package eh.

met a man who just wannted to sell of his entire solar items. this man stay in duplex Ooo. Him no even wan hear any pim different from what He wants.

I had to take a risk with him, since he was a client for my line of business (which ain't solar). He had no idea I know about solar sef. Took a while for me to break things down for him BUT at end of the day, He just wanted to get back to ordinary fuel generator. The only way I could have made him change is mind is , use my own funds to finance things.

Some of these people are more like Tianshi/GNLD/FLP/Tasly/etc distributors - they are after making you spend as much as they could get you to spend, after sizing you up. Even the man's panels, i couldn't buy any for myself becauuse they were nonesense. let's not even talk about the batteries or the fact the man spent a fortune for a PWM chargeController
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:55am On Oct 25, 2023
dollarnaira:
All in the name of one fit for all I go carry money go buy inbuilt pwm inside inverter for this hard time. Them go make am beautiful pass anything. By the time fault hit am, person go carry everything for head go fix. And if ur battery con b acid...sulphation go nearly kill if e tay to fix. Well, variety is the spice of life. All man to his tent o. Choose ur choose wisely. grin grin grin
which is why they keep preaching Hybrid this and that. it makes life easier for they SELLERs, at detriment of their potential customers.

and they make things so EXPENSIVE so as to make it seem they're so worth it.

Most of those their powerGenerators, use PWM chargeControllers costing less than 7,000 naira.
Even to do ordinary coupling, they can't even add little creativity. Just from looking at their sticker, na smile me dey smile.

well dem get luck say Nigerians get sense inversely
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:04am On Oct 25, 2023
swagifted:
i would look into it. Thanks
...and if you settling for a 1KVa inverter, kindly ensure you wouldn't be needing something higher in thhe nearest future.

if I were in your shoes, and money is an issue, I would buy a used inverter of good quality. And if my batteries are too small to support an inverter higher than 1KVa, i would try getting a bigger inverter with dual voltage e.g an inverter than could perform as 1KVa and higher. That way, na just to adjust setting or requirement
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:10am On Oct 25, 2023
dollarnaira:

Death sentence wey go swell the batteries in no time. LifePO4 is forgiven; make im try am with lithium ion--fire fire fire.
complain to seller and they are never at fault. it's you who's at fault.

and if you were given warantee + guarantee, na then you go no say the definition different
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:12am On Oct 25, 2023
swagifted:
but 12 hours once in a while won't hurt right.
...Sir we equally understand say that "12-hours once in a while" could be regular once in a while.

in your own interest, go higher to accomodate your energy needs and prolong the health of your equipments
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:15am On Oct 25, 2023
ameh99:

can you post the picture of the claimed Li-ion bms please

I never wanted to explain anything here because you refuse to be reasonable
you bought battery pack from me and complained after 6months of use and I ask you to return it not ones not twice, did I not ask you?
but you said I should come down to Warri to get it .
who does that?
I should travel from Abuja to Warri to retrieve battery.
there and then I knew you were not reasonable.
when you started sending threats messages and insults I had to block you because you were really childish
i was ready to replace your pack but with the threat insult on daily bases.
I even gave you my address but I realized you are really childish
for calling the 8s bms Li-ion bms then your even dumer than I thought..

and you have been begging me to teach you all those years, remember?
all these explanations are for the few here that cares to know.

if I were in his shoes, and having seen the condition of said item, I would be mindful of spending any extra penny again. In other words, if I can't spend a few "change" as cost of transporting myself and said item to your shop, nna to cut my loss and move on.
Hence asking I wayBill it back, at my own expense would be a big NO.

no guarantee I would get any better spending more and maybe another more and another mre, till I get sense
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:18am On Oct 25, 2023
brightk:

Oga y u de lie na? Apart from lfp 24v 200ah cells, did u not do another smaller pack 4 me? It was supposed to be 3 packs. What bms did u use in the smaller packs

do you still have the item ?

if you do, maybe you could post images so more eyes could see and make inputs

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: AllyPolly, gameboy55, Elkrypto(m), misB and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.