Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071390 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
TechGeek777:

Thought they said lithium iron phosphate (LFP) does not catch fire nor explode?

LFP do explode. But it may not catch fire. Here is one that a friend had that was consistently overcharged without BMS

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
mctfopt:

CATL is not superior to EVE cells, the issue is will you get the real EVE cells? Many sellers sell fake EVE cells. Better you buy an original CATL cells than a fake EVE. But if you are sure of your plug, EVE is better
I've been hearing good things about Catl and Rept cells.
I've ordered them already and I want to compare the three in practical.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
mctfopt:

LFP do explode. But it may not catch fire. Here is one that a friend had that was consistently overcharged without BMS
Is this really lfp cells and which company?
They don't even resemble one
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Those that are using Jbd bms, what is an average MOS Temperature of the bms while charging the battery and does it have a stopping point.
I connected 150A Jbd bms to charge 48v 160ah lfp today. As the charging amp/watt was increasing, the bms MOS Temperature was increasing which is normal. At about 1800w going into the battery, I was seeing the MOS Temperature of about 36'C.
Unlike my Jk bms that the MOS Temperature does not pass 32'C even when I pumped 2500w into the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by casualobserver: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
mctfopt:

CATL is not superior to EVE cells, the issue is will you get the real EVE cells? Many sellers sell fake EVE cells. Better you buy an original CATL cells than a fake EVE. But if you are sure of your plug, EVE is better

By that logic, all CATL cells on the market are grade B cells. The only way you can get a true grade A CATL cell is either in an EV or in a battery from a reputable battery manufacturer, in short there is no way for you and I or any Retailer to get his hands on a true grade A CATL cell. While it is true there are a lot of dodgy Eve cells on the market, you can get certified automotive grade Eve cells, you can even buy from Eve directly but ALL the CATL cells on the market are rejected cells. So I would say buying a CATL cell is perhaps more risky than buying an Eve cell because you know for certain it is a rejected cell..

If you read the solar forums and look at the places that have emerged as the source for reliable cells (including certified automotive grade) in their respective countries e.g Sunfunkits in the US, fogstar in the Uk, gobelpower in china, Nkon in the Netherlands, none of them stock or even advertise grade A CATL…because they aren’t available on the market. Of these the only ones who sell CATL clearly state they are grade B cells.

Once you are dealing with grade B which constitutes most of the batteries on the market, you are at the mercy of 1) quality of the cell, I.e you hope it is what they say it is 2) the cells match so they perform well together in a pack.

I would suggest that you disavow yourself of the notion that because the EVE market has been bastardized, CATLs on the market are any better.

As for the different battery choices,

That a battery contains a particular brand of cells does not mean they contain grade A of that brand. Felicity uses CATL for some of their LpBF batteries, so does this Nruit. However if you check the continuous and maximum discharge specs for CATL cells and compare them with that in the Felicity or Nruit battery, it is clear they both use Grade B cells, perhaps weak grade B. Whereas if you check the spec for Eve cells and check the specs for the Deye battery it would suggest the Deye battery contain grade A certified cells. TheDeye I checked has recommended continuous of .5 c , Maximum continuous charge of 1c and peak of 1.5c whereas the recommended and max continuous max charge for the Nruit is 0.5c or less which is usually a sign of lower grade cells.

I didn’t check the dryness but between the Deye and the Nruit, it’s a no brainer…for me.

1st pic Deye. 2nd and 3rd pics are the cells in the Nruit and what a grade A CATL 240 ah should be able to handle.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2023
casualobserver:

By that logic,.....CATL 240 ah should be able to handle.

You're not a casualobserver

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2023
isangjohnson:
Those that are using Jbd bms, what is an average MOS Temperature of the bms while charging the battery and does it have a stopping point.
I connected 150A Jbd bms to charge 48v 160ah lfp today. As the charging amp/watt was increasing, the bms MOS Temperature was increasing which is normal. At about 1800w going into the battery, I was seeing the MOS Temperature of about 36'C.
Unlike my Jk bms that the MOS Temperature does not pass 32'C even when I pumped 2500w into the battery.

My BMS do up to 39°C
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
casualobserver:

With this price if you are patient and can wait 3 months for shipping, are willing to learn, you are better off ordering certified automotive grade cells and a diy kit and have peace of mind…..and for less money. To me there is a level of spending where he “F” batteries makes no sense for what they are. I am yet to see any review of any “f” battery where the tested capacity matched the claimed capacity.

F is for Felicity grin grin.

Lemme see what happens next
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
earthrealm:

u will be taken to court oo wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
earthrealm:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thanks for this piece, na to calm down complete the money buy the Deye stackable battery jejely as they're the only ones with specs with that of the manufacturer of the cells out of the 4 options I have (Deye, Dyness, Nruit and Felicity).

casualobserver:

By that logic, all CATL cells on the market are grade B cells. The only way you can get a true grade A CATL cell is either in an EV or in a battery from a reputable battery manufacturer, in short there is no way for you and I or any Retailer to get his hands on a true grade A CATL cell. While it is true there are a lot of dodgy Eve cells on the market, you can get certified automotive grade Eve cells, you can even buy from Eve directly but ALL the CATL cells on the market are rejected cells. So I would say buying a CATL cell is perhaps more risky than buying an Eve cell because you know for certain it is a rejected cell..

If you read the solar forums and look at the places that have emerged as the source for reliable cells (including certified automotive grade) in their respective countries e.g Sunfunkits in the US, fogstar in the Uk, gobelpower in china, Nkon in the Netherlands, none of them stock or even advertise grade A CATL…because they aren’t available on the market. Of these the only ones who sell CATL clearly state they are grade B cells.

Once you are dealing with grade B which constitutes most of the batteries on the market, you are at the mercy of 1) quality of the cell, I.e you hope it is what they say it is 2) the cells match so they perform well together in a pack.

I would suggest that you disavow yourself of the notion that because the EVE market has been bastardized, CATLs on the market are any better.

That a battery contains a particular brand of cells does not mean they contain grade A of that brand. Felicity uses CATL for some of their LpBF batteries, so does this Nruit. However if you check the continuous and maximum discharge specs for CATL cells and compare them with that in the Felicity or Nruit battery, it is clear they both use Grade B cells, perhaps weak grade B. Whereas if you check the spec for Eve cells and check the specs for the Deye battery it would suggest the Deye battery contain grade A certified cells. TheDeye I checked has recommended continuous of .5 c , Maximum continuous charge of 1c and peak of 1.5c whereas the recommended and max continuous max charge for the Nruit is 0.5c or less which is usually a sign of lower grade cells.

I didn’t check the dryness but between the Deye and the Nruit, it’s a no brainer…for me.

1st pic Deye. 2nd and 3rd pics are the cells in the Nruit and what a grade A CATL 240 ah should be able to handle.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
GIZMO SOLAR PANELS AVAILABLE!!!

Gizmo Solar panels are available in Stock!!!

*380W mono 108 half-cell
9 busbar, 1580mmx1.00mmx30mm

*450W mono 144 half-cell
9 busbar, 2.097mx1.0mx35mm

*550W mono 144 half-cell
10 busbar, 2.27mx1.1mx35mm

High quality Gizmo solar panels
380W ..... 100k
450W ......130k
550W ..... 140k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:12am On Nov 08, 2023
zeestone99:
Hello house

It's 4 weeks now @chichilas wrote a defamation of character review on google that

1) I stole his cable
2) I damaged his roof

I will like to update the house that he has received additional cables since 3wks ago, was called and he confirmed he received his cable

Secondly he never told me anything about a leaking roof since around 2019 we installed for him. There have been several modifications on the said installation by other installers which I have also offered support remotely. We have spoken several times on the phone nothing of a leaking roof was mentioned.
He suddenly remembers his roof is leaking towards the end of 2023. No evidence and nothing.

Since he still have issues with the cables, I have since then requested he sends the cables back to us and get a refund which he is unwilling to do and I don't know why.

@chichillas also @theoilguy is very toxic and I don't wish to do business with him furthermore.

Tell him to pull down his false review. I did not steal his cable and did not damage his roof.

I hope nairaland mods will one day do something about defamation of character.

@mynd44

hmm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:26am On Nov 08, 2023
Chichilas:

Cry cry baby… so you do not want to do business with me anymore? LOL. do I wish to do business with someone like you too? I am not pulling down any review because that is exactly what happened. Take a lawyer and sue me if you think I lied and all the evidence will come out. Do you have pictures of the two pieces of cable you sent to me?

Is my roof the first roof you are damaging on Nairaland?

Am I the first client to have issues with you here? If you want me to do a search of the other clients you damaged their roof, I will post proof.

So what is new? A simple search of your antecedents will tell prospective clients what they need to know.

I wanted you to feel the pain and anger I felt when you insulted me on top of my money and patronage for no fault of mine. I see you have felt it now so I am satisfied.

How TRUE are what He said above ?

Did you ever mention to him your roof was damaged ?

is it true that after him, several other works has been done there by some other persons ?

That one might have had negative issues with others, isn't enough reason for you to take undue advantage of them. yea He messed up speaking to you the way he did, but now you've brought the matter here, and a couple of people have tried to have things resolved and He seems to be pushing for resolution, why not just play along ?
Who knows, after this time, he would be more careful knowing what stress and resources it cost him.

because now, it's begining to look like you choose to garnish your claims with...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:31am On Nov 08, 2023
dollarnaira:
Violence grin grin grin grin grin grin
Wetin our mouth go put us enh:
"Do u know who Iyam"
"You cannot do me anything?"

Fear those who are ready to spend 1million bc of 1kobo.

Na d case we dey see for up so.

DO NOT THREATEN YOUR CUSTOMERS.

The internet is very powerful.

Especially when you've developed some sort of image.
Me no like wahala, and tries to avoid one as much as I could, and you go think say I no fit make any BUT when I do, even WAHALA go pity you. in such situation, I don't mind costs, just result.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Chichilas:

I have no grouse with him. I do not plan to even patronize online vendors on Nairaland anymore. A brick and motar shop is a better option.

A proper apology would have sufficed weeks ago but he choose to drag the matter on and continue to run his mouth and call me names on Nairaland forgetting that some people have time and energy and can go all out to right a wrong. It is too late for an apology now and I don’t need it. There is nothing I need from him at this point.

I just wanted him to know that as an online seller, you have much more to loose than a buyer so treat them right especially one who not only is a return customer but also recommends customers your way. I hope he has learnt his lessons.

As a lot of people here have opined, “the internet never forgets”.

wellSaid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:40am On Nov 08, 2023
EPOMA:

I was wondering and thinking why a company would put stickers ontop of a bi solar nawa
Normally, I don't often like pointing out how I got to know something isn't what it was said to be. That way, they don't upgrade their tactics.

meanwhile, person wey paste that sticker either dey lazy, or no sabi that kind work because it was overGlaring.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:41am On Nov 08, 2023
isangjohnson:

With this price, the capacity should be up to date.
saysWho

anyways, you gan used the word "should"

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:50am On Nov 08, 2023
TechGeek777:

Thought they said lithium iron phosphate (LFP) does not catch fire nor explode?

that one na marketing. they ought to have said "unlike ordinary Lithium ion batteries, LiFePO4 is less likely to catch fire or heat up".

it's like saying "unLimited" bandwidth or diskSpace or memory or ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:57am On Nov 08, 2023
kiekie1:

Am still in thought Chief undecided

I don't blame some clients we come across saying;

- Install panels outside their roofs as carport/ swimming pool ports to avoid roof leakages , fire etc

- Install batteries , inverters outside the main building for similar fire reasons .

I've also come across several indoor installations running over the years without issues. Battery temperature sensor connected to ESS charge sources also need to be considered in most power system designs .
Guess lithium chemistry needs to be seriously studied especially now we've refurbished cells, substandard BMS et al hovering around the market esp in Nigeria . God help us

see eh, I have various things I invented, or alternate ways of doing some things I can't easily do for others NOT because I don't want to, BUT because I know they don't have the knowledge to maintain such.

Have had to suggest relocating battery bank because the temperature where it was situated was so unPalatable

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:59am On Nov 08, 2023
TechGeek777:
A single testimony from a satisfied and verified customer, is worth more than a million advert.

Sellers using proxy accounts to promote they brand, you are only doing more harm than good to your brand!
what about i-d-i-o-t-s like Us wey no dey use testimonies wether good or bad ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 3:14am On Nov 08, 2023
Ferdiwar:
Thanks for this piece, na to calm down complete the money buy the Deye stackable battery jejely as they're the only ones with specs with that of the manufacturer of the cells out of the 4 options I have (Deye, Dyness, Nruit and Felicity).

with the way una dey anoint and praise this Deye, make una careful Ooo before una go buy adultrated Deye
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:39am On Nov 08, 2023
brand new 106AH and 173ah lifepo4 lithium cells with authentic QR code available now!
we can couple as follows in a customised foreign metal box or high quality HDF wooden box with 100A,120A, 150A, 200A premium Bluetooth Bms, voltmeter, 200A,300A,400A pure copper battery terminals. e.t.c
12V 106AH lifepo4 lithium battery
12v 212AH
12V 318AH
12V 173AH
12V 346AH
24V 106AH
24V 212AH
24V 173AH
24V 346AH
48V 106AH
48V 212AH
48V 173AH
48V 346AH
VALTECH Energy 24v 3.2kw pure sine wave hybrid inverter(3000w pv capacity) available
VALTECH ENERGY 24V 4.2KW pure sine wave hybrid inverter (120A Mppt 6200w pv capacity) available
VALTECH ENERGY 48v 6.2kw pure sine wave hybrid inverter(120A Mppt, 6500 pv capacity) available!
12/24v 1600w/2000w/3000w pure sine wave sachet inverters also available.

whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2023
bassdow:

see eh, I have various things I invented, or alternate ways of doing some things I can't easily do for others NOT because I don't want to, BUT because I know they don't have the knowledge to maintain such.

Have had to suggest relocating battery bank because the temperature where it was situated was so unPalatable

Nice relocation to where ? You also spend more on thicker DC cables pending on extension distance!

What if space was limited esp in a paid apartment
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2023
I disagree. Everything in this world has got the luxury side and affordable side. There are many poor/average Nigerians enjoying solar. Left to people like you, only the rich should have access to solar. Kindly stop mocking those who are not rich/wealthy like you

JUO:
solar is luxury not necessity

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2023
dollarnaira:
I need a pwm with lithium settings or adjustable settings. Pls help with a brand or brandless...
SRNE
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2023
Ferdiwar:
Ok, I'll have to wait for them to have the 5kwh in stock as they currently have only the 9kwh and 12kwh.

Thank you

What's the cost of the 9kwh?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:50am On Nov 08, 2023
isangjohnson:

With this price, the capacity should be up to date.
That price is most likely for the F grade, the A grade cost way more than that from same felicity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2023
casualobserver:

detailedobserver !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2023
Ferdiwar:

Is the vendor local?
Please share their contact.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2023
Juror:

SRNE
Thank you very much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2023
mctfopt:

I usually liken batteries in series to a chain links that made up a chain, if a particular link is weak, the chain is now as strong as that weakest link.

Eg I remembered when one of the cells in my 16s 48v ebike'$ battery got lower than others, this lead to the bms cutting off supply to the motor when I'm riding it. This is super annoying, thankfully my BMS has Bluetooth so it was easy to fish out the rogue cell and charge it separately and we are good to go again. Battery pack is still performing wonderfully till date.
Which cells did you use and what's the total capacity?
Can you share a picture of the battery?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dollarnaira, Juokorow(m), litaninja(m), cybaj09 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.