Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060867 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:28pm On Feb 21
tivta:
Has anyone used the felicity 15kw battery here?
Whats the rated charge cycle and maximum charging current?

If you are planning to buy it, buy valto battery e cheap pass that felicity
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:34pm On Feb 21
futurenix:
Good evening all
Has anyone encountered the new felicity 10kwh lithium battery switching on normally with battery voltage and percentage displaying but no voltage at the terminals?
Charge controller detects no battery connected.
If yes, pls how did you resolve it
Is ur CC wire to the battery terminals well tightened? Does the inverter see the battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solareclips: 10:39pm On Feb 21
Goof evening all
Please can i connect 30ah 24v felicity CC to 24v bat3 that had been connected to 24v hybrid with 100a mppt Cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:01pm On Feb 21
Valto:
where u see 135k? 135ah cell is 70k each which is 560k for 8pcs
lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toscotech(m): 11:07pm On Feb 21
Valto:
where u see 135k? 135ah cell is 70k each which is 560k for 8pcs

Are you selling it

If yes where is the location
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21
Well d battery dey under warranty. u fit return am
futurenix:

Nothing like breaker,just the On/Off switch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:13pm On Feb 21
Use multimeter to check d terminal sef. Aw many volt e dey show
futurenix:

Nothing like breaker,just the On/Off switch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:15pm On Feb 21
I don't understand this part
BlueStripper:

These batteries are always charged full before the evening by my 2s1p solar array setup 560amps (parrallel) and 180amps x2 (series) array.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:15pm On Feb 21
Nah weitin e dey sell
toscotech:

Are you selling it

If yes where is the location
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:16pm On Feb 21
Yes
solareclips:
Goof evening all
Please can i connect 30ah 24v felicity CC to 24v bat3 that had been connected to 24v hybrid with 100a mppt Cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 2:02am On Feb 22
Jefferyzz:
Use multimeter to check d terminal sef. Aw many volt e dey show
No voltage at the terminals using multimeter.
CC does not see the battery
Inverter does not too.

Guess it's time to send it back. Their china technical office sent a message now saying a fuse must have broken inside and should be returned to the service center.

Thought I could rectify it without tempering the screws and save to and fro 40k for waybil and time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 3:40am On Feb 22
That's high extra cost. See if y'all can split the waybill. You shouldn't bear the brunt alone.

futurenix:

No voltage at the terminals using multimeter.
CC does not see the battery
Inverter does not too.

Guess it's time to send it back. Their china technical office sent a message now saying a fuse must have broken inside and should be returned to the service center.

Thought I could rectify it without tempering the screws and save to and fro 40k for waybil and time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:01am On Feb 22
Jefferyzz:
Ask ur installer to bring down 1 panel first, check d spec n use the info provided in our previous conversation to make ur decision. Nothing confusing, u fit just pay d installer more for d added stress, it's not something that can't b done.
From what I understand, He's bought the panels already. He's asking after buying them, not before

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:16am On Feb 22
JaySterling:
Can someone please recommend me a good solar/inverter battery brand that would last me up to 5 years before packing up?
Most premium / quality batteries would service you up to 5-years and more.

but, you don't get such long life just like that. You need play your part as well.

You don't stress the batteries.
You don't run the batteries more than 20%. in fact the less, the better.
Those wey dey do things such as "3.5KVA with 24-volts 220AH battery" go hardly see up to 3-years complete.
You maintain the batteries, ensuring they're comfortable.

meanwhile, there's a known brand that's known to last 8+ years. It's name is Trojan. Problem be say, the price go discourage you. Even at exchange rate of ₦400 per Dollar.

but mind you, even the best premium battery, could go bad in less than 1-day if abused
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:23am On Feb 22
Jirilistic:
My ECGSolax BSC6048 60Amp 24V PWM Solar Charge Controller is displaying this e-03 on the screen immediately nepa brought light two days ago. I've been unable to reach my installer due to network issues .I've done some research online but couldn't really understand much. Please has anyone encountered such,what could be the problem

I would say disconnect the solar panel cables first, then the battery cables, so the charge controller goes off.
wait few seconds, then reconnect the battery cables, followed by the Solar panel cables.

Hopefully, that resets the issue.

Abeg Ooo, whenever disconnecting batteries from charge controller, firstly disconnect the Solar panel cable first.
This is very important for those of una wey dey use those funny charge Controllers of questionable quality.

We wey dey use charge controllers such as morningStar, epEver, etc don't often have to follow such doctrine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:30am On Feb 22
Dam5reey:

Imagine someone will be replacing his Lead when 12V, 200AH is selling for 1M... 3 years later... grin
Where are those advicing people go get lead acid?
I dey here SIR.

but you failed stating that, those people suggesting people go for leadAcid batteries, do so due to the non-Straight forward difficulty in purchasing good quality Lithium batteries.

Just like I didn't dodge when you shyly called me out, hopefully you don't whenever anyOne cry about how their expensive lithium batteries.

why ain't ISPs (MTN, Airtel, etc) using Lithium batteries on their network masts, or, Banks, etc, in their setUps ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:36am On Feb 22
luvlyoracle:
Which inverter between transformer and transformer less has lower internal consumption??
Which would u suggest I get??
Any idea what a 1.5kva 24v vs 12v 1kva transformer based inverter would consume??

Finally any body here has anyone for sale??

Looking forwaRd to yall reply

Gracias
TransformerLess (aka sachet) inverter has lower consumption. Issue is, most are fragile, and repair success is low.

Reverse is the case for the other

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:37am On Feb 22
Jefferyzz:
Ask ur installer to bring down 1 panel first, check d spec n use the info provided in our previous conversation to make ur decision. Nothing confusing, u fit just pay d installer more for d added stress, it's not something that can't b done.
he could even check the receipt if he has it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:46am On Feb 22
toscotech:

That mean 135k x8 =1,080,000

Have you see reason why people go for tubular or dry the money is expensive 1 million plus

Bros, I tried to keep mute on this matter.

Also, dem no tell us say person no fit easily reSale him spent / deCommissioned lithium batteries when they're retired.

Person wey get 8pcs of 200AH acid batteies, can still make as little as ₦50,000 per battery hence ₦50,000 x 8pcs = ₦400,000 naira. Should it be sold as USED battery, you fit make more than that sef.

Abeg na how much person fit make from Spent Lithium batteries ?
Also, how easy, is it, getting quality Lithiu batteries ? last I checked, you're at mercy of the dealer ?
How come, despite how wealthy the Banks, ISPs (MTN, Airtel, etc) are, they still rely on Acid batteries ?

Let's not even talk of the fact, those stated amounts, are only for thhe Cells Ooo, e go still spend on other [compulsory] accessories which ain't cheap.
And you know what, Cost for cells, ain't same as cost per battery pack. Advert no go tell you such things.

Let me not talk about suitable uses of Lithium batteries, compared to Acid batteries.

There are [good] reasons despite how good Lithium batteries look on papaer, its adoption, ain't wideSpread.

Make I go pupu. I dey come.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:50am On Feb 22
swagifted:
you see this felicity, i feel like the rate of abuse will determine how long it will last, i have seen threads where people say they cant pull more than 3500 watts from it at once....its not grade A sha,...i have seen people there own kaput after 6 months...i have seen the ones that are about to hit two years old and they dont have issues.
Abeg help us tell those wey dey use 100AH battery take power their super energy saving Freezer
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 5:10am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:
Good Evening Guys, I have a problem.

I recently got 2pcs of Quanta Amaron Tubular Batteries 220ah each (Brand New).

These batteries are always charged full before the evening by my 2s1p solar array setup 560amps (parrallel) and 180amps x2 (series) array.

The issue is, i get a very low runtime on just my freezer. My freezer consumes 150 watts of energy. I was using it perfectly with my Fullriver 150ah batteries (2pcs approximately 300ah) before decommissioning last week.

What could possible be the problem of these batteries? Its a 12v setup and I am supposed to enjoy more runtime but no, its been terrible. My Fullriver worked even better than this Quanta Amaron.

Should I upgrade to a 24v setup?

Charge controller is POWMR MPPT. Serving me for more than 3 years.

Please help @bassdow @valto @trippledots

N/B this is my first time using tall tubular batteries and i am so disappointed. The average Runtime with 150 watts fridge is 3hrs and battery will drop to 12.3volts.

My lithium setup 100ah carries same fridge for over 3hrs. This 440ah setup cant even carry for 3hrs and its almost at 50% DOD.

I am disappointed angry.

To avoid communication gaps speak in plain language so everyone both experienced and otherwise go understand your setUp.

How many watts are the solar Panels each ?

You equally mentioned Lithium setUp, when did you use the lithium setUp ? Before or after you transitioned to Acid batteries ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 5:39am On Feb 22
Anyone here has transformer based inverter for sale
Akara money biko

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 7:22am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:

The issue is, i get a very low runtime on just my freezer. My freezer consumes 150 watts of energy. I was using it perfectly with my Fullriver 150ah batteries (2pcs approximately 300ah) before decommissioning last week.

What could possible be the problem of these batteries? Its a 12v setup and I am supposed to enjoy more runtime but no, its been terrible. My Fullriver worked even better than this Quanta Amaron.

N/B this is my first time using tall tubular batteries and i am so disappointed. The average Runtime with 150 watts fridge is 3hrs and battery will drop to 12.3volts.

My lithium setup 100ah carries same fridge for over 3hrs. This 440ah setup cant even carry for 3hrs and its almost at 50% DOD.

I am disappointed angry.

It's either you have not been able to charge it full or you need to change the electrolyte mix in the batteries.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Puvo: 7:34am On Feb 22
Ijeoma660:

Please send me a pm

Sent
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:34am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:

I am disappointed angry.

The post is somehow confusing.

If you fullriver were working fine, why switch to quanta?

Later you mentioned lithium too.

Can we talk on phone? Shoot me a mail if you would prefer that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:47am On Feb 22
bassdow:

I dey here SIR.

but you failed stating that, those people suggesting people go for leadAcid batteries, do so due to the non-Straight forward difficulty in purchasing good quality Lithium batteries.

Just like I didn't dodge when you shyly called me out, hopefully you don't whenever anyOne cry about how their expensive lithium batteries.

why ain't ISPs (MTN, Airtel, etc) using Lithium batteries on their network masts, or, Banks, etc, in their setUps ?

story...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:51am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:

I am disappointed angry.

Do away with whats not working... and get more of what works !!!

Lead acid has this poor charging algorithm, they take longer to charge...and at low amperage... Self discharge dey too.. Make those preaching Lead acid should continue..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 8:05am On Feb 22
Good Morning Everyone,

My apologies for the confusion. I was so angry yesterday.

I have an independent lithium setup that's different from the lead acid setup. Each setup has its specific load assigned to it.

Like I said, I decommissioned the Fullriver batteries because they have served me for many years. I wanted a longer runtime so I switched to Tall Tubular Batteries.

My panels are 1pcs of 560 watts generic solar panel and 2 Pcs of 180 watts Africell solar panels connected in 2S1P array configuration.

For charging, sometimes I get over 900 watts of energy from the panel at full sunlight. And over 60amps from the CC to these batteries.

I believe I have answered all the questions asked.

Thank you so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:05am On Feb 22
Yh. He stated that
bassdow:

From what I understand, He's bought the panels already. He's asking after buying them, not before
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 8:08am On Feb 22
bbally:

It's either you have not been able to charge it full or you need to change the electrolyte mix in the batteries.

It's always full. Infact one day I decided to charge them without any load. I charged them independently for two days then reconnected.

Guess what? It still same thing. Nothing changed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:09am On Feb 22
What is your bulk and float charging voltage on ur charge controller
u used to av a sealed lead acid now u own a flooded battery.
I assumed u didn't change the charging profile.
U series 2 180w(say 36v 10a) then parallel them with 540w(41v 13a).
U will putting 36v 23a(828w max) through ur cables(6mm).
All these are assumed figure, I no africell don't perform up to the stated capacity.

Here is where u should suspect foul play.
Ur CC displaying 900w max is misleading I'll advise u get a DC meter to know the true figure
If ure using 6mm cable (assumed) n d length is above 10meters. U will experience voltage drop
u won't get up to that 36v
Check d body of ur battery if there is a c rating written on it.
Most lead acid are charged at 10-20% of their capacity.
D cable between ur CC n battery too should b 23mm since ure moving 60a into d dem.
BlueStripper:
Good Morning Everyone,

My apologies for the confusion. I was so angry yesterday.

I have an independent lithium setup that's different from the lead acid setup. Each setup has its specific load assigned to it.

Like I said, I decommissioned the Fullriver batteries because they have served me for many years. I wanted a longer runtime so I switched to Tall Tubular Batteries.

My panels are 1pcs of 560 watts generic solar panel and 2 Pcs of 180 watts Africell solar panels connected in 2S1P array configuration.

For charging, sometimes I get over 900 watts of energy from the panel at full sunlight. And over 60amps from the CC to these batteries.

I believe I have answered all the questions asked.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 8:10am On Feb 22
Jefferyzz:
What is your bulk and float charging voltage on ur charge controller, u used to av a sealed lead acid now u own a flooded battery.
I assumed u didn't change the charging profile.

Bulk 14.4 volts

Float 13.9 volts.

I changed to these figures. Please advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m), ladyjblinks(f), mahkanjuh and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.