Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060282 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:19am On Feb 23
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry....

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N6,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:21am On Feb 23
This very one is #405,500.
All of them build with 12v 50ah lifepo4 battery (640wh)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:24am On Feb 23
CORRECTION: The one with 350w inverter is #395,000 and the one with 500w inverter is #405,500.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:26am On Feb 23
abcabc234:
wat is the bttery capacity sir
All of them are built with 12v 50ah lifepo4 battery (640wh).
Two charging sources, nepa and pv

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 9:33am On Feb 23
Polaris1:

You talk too much and your knowledge is mediocre and often misleading compared to some regulars on this thread. Would be nice if you post only what you know in a clear, concise manner. Try not to mix English and pidgin too, it destabilizes syntax flow.

Why nau ? cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 9:43am On Feb 23
Trippledots:

Change the alphabet o to zeros.

I know it's zero, it's not showing on what'sapp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 9:51am On Feb 23
Valto:
will be hard to get a compatible 24v lifepo4 lithium battery charger or a cheaper 24v inverter that will match your battery.. your best bet is a 24v 3kw hybrid inverter available at 300k

Valto do you have Easun sachet inverter PSW?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:26am On Feb 23
bassdow:

You know say na Una dey convince people say dem fit Mix & Match Solar panels of different capacities. Now you're seeing the result.
Wonder why you guys won't let somethings be, so those who really knows what they're doing, to take such risks.

Once again, whenever you combine Solar Panels of different capacities, expect the higher ones to come down to level of the lowest. At end of the day, na you go dey cheat yourself.

Let me tell you sth
I have mismatched panels of 2s1p grin grin. Infact they were so mismatched that the 190w had 42v and 2 other 350w were 34v each with Ethernet cable of 78ft garnished with 5 joining points . Still it produces an average of 16a on a 12v system. I can say my area is one of the worst place to go on grid.Despite all the loses, my freezer, washing machine, tv etc were happily working then for almost 2yrs. Now, imagine the pv with the shortest distance and with right thickness of cable.

Solar journey can never be perfect. So far it is better than Phcn and generator especially this time.

You shouldn't go broke just to power essentials.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:52am On Feb 23
dollarnaira:

Let me tell you sth
I have mismatched panels of 2s1p grin grin. Infact they were so mismatched that the 190w had 42v and 2 other 350w were 34v each with Ethernet cable of 78ft garnished with 5 joining points . Still it produces an average of 16a on a 12v system. I can say my area is one of the worst place to go on grid.Despite all the loses, my freezer, washing machine, tv etc were happily working then for almost 2yrs. Now, imagine the pv with the shortest distance and with right thickness of cable.

Solar journey can never be perfect. So far it is better than Phcn and generator especially this time.

100%

The prices I dey see for here recently dey fear me self

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 11:19am On Feb 23
isangjohnson:
CORRECTION: The one with 350w inverter is #395,000 and the one with 500w inverter is #405,500.

How many watt panels do they come with?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 11:22am On Feb 23
dollarnaira:

Let me tell you sth

Bros, I no dey doubt you. I'm good at stretching limits BUT openly suggesting certain things in a place where most don't have basic knowledge about circuitry is bad.

There was a man I put through on how to install his solar system. First He was interested in inverter system (without solar) so He charge with Generator and/ or NEPA, I gave him list of things to buy, then directed him on how to make the connections. This na person wey no sabi tighten screw and I'm not kidding.
I for go him house, with nature of him wahala, but him dey Abuja and me dey Lagos.

Later him complain tire say NEPA no dey give light as dem dey give before, I still tell am wetin I tell am initially say na Solar go pay am pass but Oga dey talk say the panels cost. Then solar panels was between ₦45,000 and ₦50,000 brand new.

When him realize say the generator dey cost am more money because e dey take time before the batteries reach 100%, na so him ask for solar quotation and I give am (again for free). Him go market go buy things. repeatedly callying on me the moment He's unable to find anything on the list.
Na me still direct am on how to make the installations. Had to ask him to get a carpenter as Oga couldn't climb common roof of Bungalow building even after renting ladder

I did all these without collecting a dime. No be say I for reject if to say him offer any BUT He didn't and other than the disturbances (which where more than I initially thought), it cost me nothing else.

Even our calls then na mostly whatsApp calls because I have to explain and direct him on every little thing.

na from that day me talk say, if I must guide anyOne, that person must have basic knowledge.

After everything, He stopped communicating with me - obviously I wasn't useful any longer. That was until one day He called Me via GSM. Me sef no remeber am again.

Oga tell me say wahala dey. explained He got a contract to setup solar for a big man.
He's bought everything but while doing the setup, He didn't know what happened but the solar panels and inverter were all damaged.
He was willing to pay my transport to Abuja.

see eh, let me not bore you with the rest BUT my own be say, what we post in here is used by a lot of people. reason we need be careful.

e get condition wey person Car go dey, e no go ever bother to dey change oil again. in fact him no mind to dey use black oil BUT should you just make such comment, even person wey get latest car wey still healthy fit go apply am for him own car.

Hope say you get my drift.

with the way things dey cost nowAdays, you don't one people spending more, while trying to spend less.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:30am On Feb 23
Edrizz:

How many watt panels do they come with?
180w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 11:31am On Feb 23
All 7 panels are connected in series.
The Inverter maximum input voltage (Voc) is 450v.
Trippledots:

Installed 7 panels? What configuration did he use?

I'll suggest you go ahead with the addition if your CC can accommodate it. Remember that your PV rarely stays at Pmp state for so long. Except budget is not a problem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:42am On Feb 23
bassdow:

Bros, I no dey doubt you. I'm good at stretching limits BUT openly suggesting certain things in a place where most don't have basic knowledge about circuitry is bad.

There was a man I put through on how to install his solar system. First He was interested in inverter system (without solar) so He charge with Generator and/ or NEPA, I gave him list of things to buy, then directed him on how to make the connections. This na person wey no sabi tighten screw and I'm not kidding.
I for go him house, with nature of him wahala, but him dey Abuja and me dey Lagos.

Later him complain tire say NEPA no dey give light as dem dey give before, I still tell am wetin I tell am initially say na Solar go pay am pass but Oga dey talk say the panels cost. Then solar panels was between ₦45,000 and ₦50,000 brand new.

When him realize say the generator dey cost am more money because e dey take time before the batteries reach 100%, na so him ask for solar quotation and I give am (again for free). Him go market go buy things. repeatedly callying on me the moment He's unable to find anything on the list.
Na me still direct am on how to make the installations. Had to ask him to get a carpenter as Oga couldn't climb common roof of Bungalow building even after renting ladder

I did all these without collecting a dime. No be say I for reject if to say him offer any BUT He didn't and other than the disturbances (which where more than I initially thought), it cost me nothing else.

Even our calls then na mostly whatsApp calls because I have to explain and direct him on every little thing.

na from that day me talk say, if I must guide anyOne, that person must have basic knowledge.

After everything, He stopped communicating with me - obviously I wasn't useful any longer. That was until one day He called Me via GSM. Me sef no remeber am again.

Oga tell me say wahala dey. explained He got a contract to setup solar for a big man.
He's bought everything but while doing the setup, He didn't know what happened but the solar panels and inverter were all damaged.
He was willing to pay my transport to Abuja.

see eh, let me not bore you with the rest BUT my own be say, what we post in here is used by a lot of people. reason we need be careful.

e get condition wey person Car go dey, e no go ever bother to dey change oil again. in fact him no mind to dey use black oil BUT should you just make such comment, even person wey get latest car wey still healthy fit go apply am for him own car.

Hope say you get my drift.

with the way things dey cost nowAdays, you don't one people spending more, while trying to spend less.
Your drift, yes.
But this thread is for those with just little brain. 2½ years ago, I was a complete novice. Most guys here are too lazy to read or experiment. Solar system is not rocket since.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23
princely009:
All 7 panels are connected in series.
The Inverter maximum input voltage (Voc) is 450v.

Ok.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 2:35pm On Feb 23
SaintUlot:
This pure sine wave inverter is available for sale

Actual capacity - 12v 2500w

Call/WhatsApp if interested - 08035537864

Location - Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAZLpp6DCQ

This your inverter no get name, it's a no no for me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 2:42pm On Feb 23
Trippledots:

You are maxing out the current capacity of that CC, at that rate the CC heats up and overheat protection will be activated and the CC will enter protection mode, stop charging for that while till the CC temp drops to around 45°C before it picks again. At the end of the day, you battery will end up not charging well.

You are better of switching to a 24v system or adding a cooling fan to help keep it cool.

Talking from experience.

I am currently planning to upgrade to a 48v system, so as to keep things running cooler and also extract more power from my PV and controller.

Bro are you saying that the 12v system is the reason his 2*220 ba3 runs down in 3 hrs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23
futurenix:
Good evening all
Has anyone encountered the new felicity 10kwh lithium battery switching on normally with battery voltage and percentage displaying but no voltage at the terminals?
Charge controller detects no battery connected.
If yes, pls how did you resolve it

Hello Everyone

I finally changed the fuse at felicity service center PH and battery is back to normal.
Will order a spare from AE now and keep just incase.

Thank you all for the wonderful inputs.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abiono28: 3:37pm On Feb 23
Pls house, where can I get 12v 20a LFP charger?
Also i have a yohako inverter with inbuilt charger but i was told it will overcharge the battery. Is there a way to circumvent this ?
Note the battery has bms
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emma2002(m): 3:48pm On Feb 23
WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE SALE!!!
Bulk sales of solar PV panels going due to upgrade by a solar installation company. This is your chance to beat the fuel cost and epileptic power supply.

Panels are going for NGN300/watt. Please come inbox and indicate what you require or prefer you WhatsApp me on //zero seven zero three 026seven 855

Panels come in a mix of 300 to 395Wp.

Location is Lagos.

Consultation and facility audit is free for buyers.

Logistics is buyers cost.

Hurry only about 5Kw remaining...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23
Ur BMS should be able to cut out charging d moment 1 cell hit 3.65
Abiono28:
Pls house, where can I get 12v 20a LFP charger?
Also i have a yohako inverter with inbuilt charger but i was told it will overcharge the battery. Is there a way to circumvent this ?
Note the battery has bms
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23
mvphenryeto5:

Bro are you saying that the 12v system is the reason his 2*220 ba3 runs down in 3 hrs?

No
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gshems: 6:18pm On Feb 23
Please people, I have a 1000 watt sachets inverter and 100ah battery. I want to get Solar panel for this system but I am being told a 300watt panel can’t charge the battery efficiently. How true is this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23
Hey Guys

I'm planning to set up a solar power system to charge two 24V, 150Ah batteries during 8 hours of sunshine.
I intend to use a 24V hybrid inverter. I tried SMK but it packed up in months.
Can you suggest the specific components I'll need to buy, along with their ratings, to achieve this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23
isangjohnson:

180w

Where is ur location, drop phone number boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23
Gshems:
Please people, I have a 1000 watt sachets inverter and 100ah battery. I want to get Solar panel for this system but I am being told a 300watt panel can’t charge the battery efficiently. How true is this?

Who said so?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ti4c: 7:16pm On Feb 23
I'm looking to get a solar system on a budget because my aim is to have light to work on my laptop and fan throughout the day and last till at least 12 midnight.

I need advice on solar panels(I'm looking to get 2), price of battery that will last that long, inverter.

My budget is 250k. It's just to power my laptop for my work throughout the day.. no tv, fridge.

Thank you .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:25pm On Feb 23
Available

E - way 6.2kw 48v 120a hybrid inverter.

Supports lithium battery automatic activation

Price - 500k

Call/chat - 08117398two94

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23
Obnoxious2001:

Who said so?

Either na only me or me and somebody else tell am.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23
ti4c:
I'm looking to get a solar system on a budget because my aim is to have light to work on my laptop and fan throughout the day and last till at least 12 midnight.

I need advice on solar panels(I'm looking to get 2), price of battery that will last that long, inverter.

My budget is 250k. It's just to power my laptop for my work throughout the day.. no tv, fridge.

Thank you .

There is a guy that sells lithium battery bank with DC adaptors for laptops and rechargeable fans. I think you are a better off with that solution than a full inverter installation at the budget.

DC to DC is very very efficient.

It also comes with small DC bulbs on request that won't drain your battery so fast.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:55pm On Feb 23
Desperately need a 2.5-3.5/24v and a 5-5.5kva48v hybrid inverter preferably household names. Market's bin crazy last 48hrs. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:13pm On Feb 23
280ah Rept cells @ 145k
230ah Eve cells @ 123k
160ah Eve cells @ 87k
Zero8zeronine5six7four2six2

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Ealiserwest(m), Barezzi(m), Danibestguy, Drgreatone and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.