Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2060352 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:38am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:
Good Morning Everyone,

My apologies for the confusion. I was so angry yesterday.

I have an independent lithium setup that's different from the lead acid setup. Each setup has its specific load assigned to it.

Like I said, I decommissioned the Fullriver batteries because they have served me for many years. I wanted a longer runtime so I switched to Tall Tubular Batteries.

My panels are 1pcs of 560 watts generic solar panel and 2 Pcs of 180 watts Africell solar panels connected in 2S1P array configuration.

For charging, sometimes I get over 900 watts of energy from the panel at full sunlight. And over 60amps from the CC to these batteries.

I believe I have answered all the questions asked.

Thank you so much

Good thing you are calmer now.. smiley

First thing I want to point out is your PV configuration. So I assume you connected two 180w in series then this in parallel with a 560w panel. The difference in watts between the 560w and 360w panels is too much and the 360w ones will get damaged if your battery is full and no load to push power to.

About your battery,
1. Maybe the battery is an old stock and is already failing
2. Powmr old model controller, doesn't track battery voltage very well @12v configuration. Use a standalone voltmeters to confirm what voltage the battery actually gets to at absorb and float.

Another thing is tubular batteries need to be equalized once in a while, so maybe you can manually do that by charging to around 15v. You may need to check Google to know how to manually do it, or experienced people here can chime in. I don't have much experience with tubular batteries.
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:43am On Feb 22
So, this is your BMS cutting out supply. Usually, you will need to turn on the BMS to reestablish connection between your batteries and charge controller/ inverter.

Do you have an app for connecting with the BMS?
futurenix:

No voltage at the terminals using multimeter.
CC does not see the battery
Inverter does not too.

Guess it's time to send it back. Their china technical office sent a message now saying a fuse must have broken inside and should be returned to the service center.

Thought I could rectify it without tempering the screws and save to and fro 40k for waybil and time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 8:45am On Feb 22
@BlueStripper
Jefferyzz:
What is your bulk and float charging voltage on ur charge controller
u used to av a sealed lead acid now u own a flooded battery.
I assumed u didn't change the charging profile.
U series 2 180w(say 36v 10a) then parallel them with 540w(41v 13a).
U will putting 36v 23a(828w max) through ur cables(6mm).
All these are assumed figure, I no africell don't perform up to the stated capacity.

Here is where u should suspect foul play.
Ur CC displaying 900w max is misleading I'll advise u get a DC meter to know the true figure
If ure using 6mm cable (assumed) n d length is above 10meters. U will experience voltage drop
u won't get up to that 36v
Check d body of ur battery if there is a c rating written on it.
Most lead acid are charged at 10-20% of their capacity.
D cable between ur CC n battery too should b 23mm since ure moving 60a into d dem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 8:49am On Feb 22
Trippledots:

Good thing you are calmer now.. smiley

First thing I want to point out is your PV configuration. So I assume you connected two 180w in series then this in parallel with a 560w panel. The difference in watts between the 560w and 360w panels is too much and the 360w ones will get damaged if your battery is full and no load to push power to.

About your battery,
1. Maybe the battery is an old stock and is already failing
2. Powmr old model controller, doesn't track battery voltage very well @12v configuration. Use a standalone voltmeters to confirm what voltage the battery actually gets to at absorb and float.

Another thing is tubular batteries need to be equalized once in a while, so maybe you can manually do that by charging to around 15v. You may need to check Google to know how to manually do it, or experienced people here can chime in. I don't have much experience with tubular batteries.
Cheers

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help and support. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 8:50am On Feb 22
Jefferyzz:
@BlueStripper

Thank you so much Jeff! I appreciate the help and support. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:07am On Feb 22
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Brand new SMS 6200w 48v (120a~450voc solar mppt) pure sinewave hybrid inverter available for immediate pickup .

Firm Price ... 520k

Standard warranty: 12 months

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:13am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:
Good Morning Everyone,

My apologies for the confusion. I was so angry yesterday.

I have an independent lithium setup that's different from the lead acid setup. Each setup has its specific load assigned to it.

Like I said, I decommissioned the Fullriver batteries because they have served me for many years. I wanted a longer runtime so I switched to Tall Tubular Batteries.

My panels are 1pcs of 560 watts generic solar panel and 2 Pcs of 180 watts Africell solar panels connected in 2S1P array configuration.

For charging, sometimes I get over 900 watts of energy from the panel at full sunlight. And over 60amps from the CC to these batteries.

I believe I have answered all the questions asked.

Thank you so much

Wonderful.
You connected Solar Panels of different capacities. That's your first woe. I know some people advice you should EVEN though people wey get sense pass us says otherWise.

How often do you top-Up the battery electrolyte OR if you ever did at all ?

Are you sure the battery was original ? That brand is a known quality brand BUT that doesn't mean there ain't FAKEs.

see eh, without much idea what actually went wrong, something is clear - your solar panel is too small. Mixing solar panels of different wattage means the least becomes the overal wattage e.g 2pcs 300W and 6pcs 150Watts either series or parallel would bring the 300W solar panel down to level of the 150W panels.

Add to the fact you would be using the setUp for other things while it's struggling to recharge the batteries, then you would understand what went wrong.

Let's presume your charge controller is PWM or MPPT that doesn't know it's work, then you see you dug your grave yourself.

Now there are charge controllers that lies a lot. Dem plenty for market. Dem lie pass Federal Government hence reason it pays to have multi-Meter, and DC meter (though pricey) handy for when you have doubts.

Also, no one knows thickness of your cables, and distance from the solar panels to charge controller. e get reason PHCN / NEPA dey transmit light at Higher voltage than current.

we never wan reason say the solar panels sef fit get dey over rated gan sef. No need because we get enough reasons above already.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:21am On Feb 22
bassdow:

why ain't ISPs (MTN, Airtel, etc) using Lithium batteries on their network masts Banks, etc, in their setUps ?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:35am On Feb 22
mctfopt:

He thinks those telcos no get money to throw at better batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 9:35am On Feb 22
bassdow:

Wonderful.
You connected Solar Panels of different capacities. That's your first woe. I know some people advice you should EVEN though people wey get sense pass us says otherWise.

How often do you top-Up the battery electrolyte OR if you ever did at all ?

Are you sure the battery was original ? That brand is a known quality brand BUT that doesn't mean there ain't FAKEs.

see eh, without much idea what actually went wrong, something is clear - your solar panel is too small. Mixing solar panels of different wattage means the least becomes the overal wattage e.g 2pcs 300W and 6pcs 150Watts either series or parallel would bring the 300W solar panel down to level of the 150W panels.

Add to the fact you would be using the setUp for other things while it's struggling to recharge the batteries, then you would understand what went wrong.

Let's presume your charge controller is PWM or MPPT that doesn't know it's work, then you see you dug your grave yourself.

Now there are charge controllers that lies a lot. Dem plenty for market. Dem lie pass Federal Government hence reason it pays to have multi-Meter, and DC meter (though pricey) handy for when you have doubts.

Also, no one knows thickness of your cables, and distance from the solar panels to charge controller. e get reason PHCN / NEPA dey transmit light at Higher voltage than current.

we never wan reason say the solar panels sef fit get dey over rated gan sef. No need because we get enough reasons above already.

Bassdow! This this finishing o.

The batteries are brand new and I haven't changed electrolyte or topped up with distilled water.

I also have another set of 560 watts panel. I will remove the 180 watts and connect two PCs of 560 watts.

Whatever be the outcome, I will let you know.

Thank you so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 10:11am On Feb 22
Pls anyone with info on where to get this fuse model? 150A

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JaySterling: 10:19am On Feb 22
bassdow:

Most premium / quality batteries would service you up to 5-years and more.

but, you don't get such long life just like that. You need play your part as well.

You don't stress the batteries.
You don't run the batteries more than 20%. in fact the less, the better.
Those wey dey do things such as "3.5KVA with 24-volts 220AH battery" go hardly see up to 3-years complete.
You maintain the batteries, ensuring they're comfortable.

meanwhile, there's a known brand that's known to last 8+ years. It's name is Trojan. Problem be say, the price go discourage you. Even at exchange rate of ₦400 per Dollar.

but mind you, even the best premium battery, could go bad in less than 1-day if abused
What of Deka battery?
Ever heard of that brand ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SaintUlot: 10:33am On Feb 22
This pure sine wave inverter is available for sale

Actual capacity - 12v 2500w

Call/WhatsApp if interested - 08035537864

Location - Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUAZLpp6DCQ
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:35am On Feb 22
kiekie1:
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Brand new SMS 6200w 48v (120a~450voc solar mppt) pure sinewave hybrid inverter available for immediate pickup .

Firm Price ... 520k

Contact,

SOLD!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:43am On Feb 22
whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 10:43am On Feb 22
Update Guys,

I have added the second 560 watts panel in series to the CC and removed the 180 watts Africell panels. So it's now 2pcs of 560amps half cut solar panels.

Please see my yield as at 10:35am.

I also attached an external battery meter (kindly ignore other readings on the screen). The battery meter and my voltmeter gives me 12.9 when Powmr CC shows 13.3

N/B my freezer is currently connected to the setup and running.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:45am On Feb 22
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Brand new SMS 10,200w 48v (120a~450voc solar mppt) pure sinewave hybrid inverter available for immediate pickup .

Firm Price ... 890k

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:55am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:
Update Guys,

I have added the second 560 watts panel in series to the CC and removed the 180 watts Africell panels. So it's now 2pcs of 560amps half cut solar panels.

I also attached an external battery meter (kindly ignore other readings on the screen). The battery meter and my voltmeter gives me 12.9 when Powmr CC shows 13.3

You are maxing out the current capacity of that CC, at that rate the CC heats up and overheat protection will be activated and the CC will enter protection mode, stop charging for that while till the CC temp drops to around 45°C before it picks again. At the end of the day, you battery will end up not charging well.

You are better of switching to a 24v system or adding a cooling fan to help keep it cool.

Talking from experience.

I am currently planning to upgrade to a 48v system, so as to keep things running cooler and also extract more power from my PV and controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BlueStripper: 11:01am On Feb 22
Trippledots:

You are maxing out the current capacity of that CC, at that rate the CC heats up and overheat protection will be activated and the CC will enter protection mode, stop charging for that while till the CC temp drops to around 45°C before it picks again. At the end of the day, you battery will end up not charging well.

You are better of switching to a 24v system or adding a cooling fan to help keep it cool.

Talking from experience.

I am currently planning to upgrade to a 48v system, so as to keep things running cooler and also extract more power from my PV and controller.

Thank you so much Sir. Since last week I made up my mind to upgrade to a 24v system.

If anyone has a 24v system for sale, 2.5 to 3.5kva, please let me know.

I beg, the inverter must have low power consumption. I don't want to add more troubles to my trouble.

Insha Allah, I am buying a bigger lithium pack from Valto. Since I tasted Lithium, I have had peace of mind.

I don't know which devil pushed me to buy this Tubular Batteries. I regret it Walahi.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:05am On Feb 22
futurenix:
Pls anyone with info on where to get this fuse model? 150A

You can check aliexpress for it if you can't find it locally.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:23am On Feb 22
BlueStripper:

Thank you so much Sir. Since last week I made up my mind to upgrade to a 24v system.

Insha Allah, I am buying a bigger lithium pack from Valto. Since I tasted Lithium, mind.

I don't know which devil pushed me to buy this Tubular Batteries. I regret it Walahi.
i have 24v 3kw hybrid inverter available 300k
24v 4.2kw hybrid inverter 400k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by diabeticdeals: 11:36am On Feb 22
Valto isn't coupling for now.
BlueStripper:

I beg, the inverter must have low power consumption. I don't want to add more troubles to my trouble.

Insha Allah, I am buying a bigger lithium pack from Valto. Since I tasted Lithium, I have had peace of mind.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:00pm On Feb 22
JaySterling:
What of Deka battery?
Ever heard of that brand ?
yea
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22
So sukam falcon inverter 2.5kva a 290k as against 225k I bought yesterday.

Grow volt tubular battery 550k as against 250k .

At this point Na to tell client what they need give them no. Make them go buy collect workmanship in peace kia grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22
BRAND NEW 1500W 12V TRANSFORMER BASED HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE!!

Vmn Power 1500w 12v pure sine wave inverter

Features:
- Built-in 30a solar charge regulator.
- 64-bits DSP Intelligent control chipset.
- LCD display with multi-function Built-in automatic - AC charger and automatic AC mains switcher.
- 140-275vac super wide input voltage range.
- 3000w surge capacity, continuous stable pure sine wave output, can be applied to any electrical equipment.
- High efficiency Intelligent battery management,prolonging the service life of battery.
- Multi-protection like low battery, overload, short circuit, over temperature ..

Price: N170,000

Product warranty: 12 months

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ecosafe: 12:12pm On Feb 22
if you do not mind getting trained remotely contact ecosafe
norblinks:
Good day bosses, please can someone help recommend a good Solar installation training institute in Abuja .

Thanks in advance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 12:27pm On Feb 22
mctfopt:

I read that line and chuckled. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:31pm On Feb 22
BlueStripper:

I said nothing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:34pm On Feb 22
Ecosafe:
if you do not mind getting trained remotely contact ecosafe
Bros abeg no do this.

Doesn't cost you much directing one on how to connect things to get their setUp running, then asking for a token BUT please abeg, no call am training BECAUSE you and I know IT IS NOT

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Puvo: 12:34pm On Feb 22
Valto:
brand new 50ah,104ah,135ah, 150ah, 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells available
24v 3kw hybrid inverter available 300k
24v 4.2kw hybrid inverter 400k
48v 6.2kw hybrid inverter 500k.

whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

Boss have you started coupling now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 12:40pm On Feb 22
mctfopt:

first, your pictures says nothing about if it's for an ISP, or a financial institution.

Secondly, even if they do, which I know, the numbers are so small it's as good as none.

Thridly, have repeatedly made it clear I believe lithium technology is more performant BUT because it's very difficult getting genuine cells, it's more adviceAble sticking to Acid batteries. There's a reason I don't use LG products despite they having various showRooms all over the place.

Probably same reason Foreign Used (Tokunbo) appliances cost as much as brand new ones in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:51pm On Feb 22
BlueStripper:
Update Guys,

Please what is your total load?
Is your freezer the highest load?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: salam12(m), Drgreatone, Ayomipoe(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.