Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049336 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:59am On Mar 26
mvphenryeto5:

Are you saying a 50ah lithium ba3 will last more on same load more than 220 tubular ba3?

You still didn't get the point.
See enh right now:
Today 26/3/24 12:05pm
115w freezer
50w tv
12w tv box
2 rechargeable fans
1 100w peddling for sewing

All working... On just 100ah LifePO4.

You cant try it with 220ah tubular.

N.B 3 days ago I plugged in 1250w hair dryer.
Try this on 220ah tubular e go pack up less than a year. THIS IS THE POINT!!!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 12:00pm On Mar 26
Valto:
lolz grin. I always try my best. thanks
Good morning guys. VALTECH ENERGY is fully back!
48v 280ah 14336kwh
24v 280ah 7168kwh
12v 100ah
12v 150ah
12v 200ah
24v 50ah
24v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery now available (real capacity, no wayo cheesy) with 150A/120A/100ah Bluetooth bms! customised foreign metal box with tyres legs, 2pole 125A circuit breakers, fully compressed. brand new grade A cells!

48v 6.2kw hybrid inverter available

JBD lifepo4 BMS also available at discounted prices.

incoming, from next week...
48v 300ah 15360kwh
24v 300ah 7680kwh
24v 105ah
24v 210ah
12v 105ah
12v 210ah
whatsapp us today on 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto
we waybill to all locations in Nigeria!
Oga valto, I no dy happy with u o. When I be wan buy early this year. u say na only the 1.4m own dy.
Say u never dy construct smaller packages.
When I ready sha, na better discount u go give me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 12:19pm On Mar 26
isangjohnson:

Boss, even with large bank, lead acid battery can still be properly charged and managed very well.
Once you get the basic things right, every other thing takes care of itself.
This issue of comparing LA battery with the Lfp has been discussed extensively some years back in this forum.
George_D has large LA battery bank and he has used it for about 6 years then. Maybe, it's up to 10 years now.
He's one of the founder of this forum and I really learned from his knowledge and I'll always appreciate him.

George_d one of the creators of the thread not the forum, take note

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:31pm On Mar 26
emmaniche:

Oga valto, I no dy happy with u o. When I be wan buy early this year. u say na only the 1.4m own dy.
Say u never dy construct smaller packages.
When I ready sha, na better discount u go give me.
sorry about that bro, u know what befell me, i just started coupling again, no worry, i am fully back and better! heavy discount for everybody cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nicodemusic(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26
mvphenryeto5:

Bro why are you using 5kva on 2 batteries, you wan kill your batteries be that, and which appliances are you using?

Bro me sef dey reason am say I for get 3.5kva instead.. I got 5kva cos I thought it would give me more room for expansion without worrying about upgrading the inverter.. Only appliances I use it for are fridge (not sure of the fridge's wattage cos my daughter peeled off the sticker but it can't be more than 500w), 1hp polystar ac, 55" TV (not also sure of the wattage cos I can't take it off the wall to check but I'm sure it can't be 200w if at all), 2 standing fans and then some energy saving bulbs.. Note that I don't put on all these appliances at the same time. I've never exceeded 10% load of the inverter capacity.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 12:33pm On Mar 26
dollarnaira:

See enh right now:
115w freezer
50w tv
12w tv box
2 rechargeable fans

Bro all you mentioned here are not up to 300w, a 220ah tubular can carry it comfortably and still maintain a 50% DD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 12:42pm On Mar 26
nicodemusic:

Bro me sef dey reason am say I for get 3.5kva instead.. I got 5kva cos I thought it would give me more room for expansion without worrying about upgrading the inverter.. Only appliances I use it for are fridge (not sure of the fridge's wattage cos my daughter peeled off the sticker but it can't be more than 500w), 1hp polystar ac, 55" TV (not also sure of the wattage cos I can't take it off the wall to check but I'm sure it can't be 200w if at all), 2 standing fans and then some energy saving bulbs.. Note that I don't put on all these appliances at the same time. I've never exceeded 10% load of the inverter capacity.

Bro are you kidding me? You are the one killing your batteries and you are complaining, your loads are more than 1500w, only your Ac is more than 1000w, and with all this loads your ba3 won't charge and when the sun is down your ba3 is already down

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nicodemusic(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26
jonescosmos:

Try to reduce the AC charge rate of your inverter to 20A max so that you don't evaporate your distilled water and endanger the batteries further.
Please note that your Charge Amperage is meant to reduce to 0A as your battery charges. Once you hit 0A, it is assumed that your battery is full and no longer taking charge.

Today I explored the 60a mppt charge controller and adjusted some settings.

Brought charging current from 100% (60a) to 34% (20a).

Please check the attached images to see if anything is out of place especially the bulk and float charging voltages.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26
dollarnaira:

See enh right now:
115w freezer
50w tv
12w tv box
2 rechargeable fans

For real? Is LifePO4 that good? How much did you get it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:56pm On Mar 26
isangjohnson:

Boss, even with large bank, lead acid battery can still be properly charged and managed very well.
Once you get the basic things right, every other thing takes care of itself.
This issue of comparing LA battery with the Lfp has been discussed extensively some years back in this forum.
George_D has large LA battery bank and he has used it for about 6 years then. Maybe, it's up to 10 years now.
He's one of the founder of this forum and I really learned from his knowledge and I'll always appreciate him.

I won't be surprised if George_D himself has cut over to lithium. With the current prices of Lead Acid vs Lithium, it probably doesn't make sense to build a large Lead Acid Bank. For those who are starting off with small load and few batteries, lead acid may be okay. But for large loads and large battery banks, Lithium is a no brainer.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:09pm On Mar 26
mvphenryeto5:

Bro all you mentioned here are not up to 300w, a 220ah tubular can carry it comfortably and still maintain a 50% DD

Pls tell me one person with one tubular on freezer? We are all here to learn.

Start up of the freezer is roughly 700w to 900w oooo.

That it the annoying part 50% DOD
ROUGHLY dat is 110k for 330k. 105ah LifePO4 is 280k with 12yrs or more. Most of are being deceived by 220ah that is already fake.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 1:16pm On Mar 26
nicodemusic:

Today I explored the 60a mppt charge controller and adjusted some settings.

Brought charging current from 100% (60a) to 34% (20a).

Please check the attached images to see if anything is out of place especially the bulk and float charging voltages.

You may have to return the Charging Amp of the CC, I asked you to adjust your Inverter Charging Current, Not your Charge Controller.

Just return your CC Current back to 60A because that is dependent on the amount of Solar Energy you have from your Panels.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 1:58pm On Mar 26
dollarnaira:

Pls tell me one person with one tubular on freezer? We are all here to learn.

Start up of the freezer is roughly 700w to 900w oooo.

That it the annoying part 50% DOD
ROUGHLY dat is 110k for 330k. 105ah LifePO4 is 280k with 12yrs or more. Most of are being deceived by 220ah that is already fake.

I use my freezer on one AGM ba3 during the day when sun is up, do you use your 105ah on freezer at night? For how many hours?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 4:33pm On Mar 26
Reading these several Lithium vs Tubular takes...

Sincerely, not everyone can afford Lithium at a go, but my worry is the way these Tubular now flood our market. It leaves something to be worried about.

If not exaggerating, there'll be over 200 different brands of these Tubulars available in Nigeria currently and that's where a lot would simply sink there hard earned money on thrash.

I also started with 2 pcs used Sealed Lead Acid battery few years back grin grin before I tried assembling a small Lithium battery for myself and currently see those LA batteries as simply waste of money.

So my honest opinion is people going for these Tubulars should reach for reputable brands to effectively enjoy their invested worth.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nicodemusic(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26
jonescosmos:

You may have to return the Charging Amp of the CC, I asked you to adjust your Inverter Charging Current, Not your Charge Controller.

Just return your CC Current back to 60A because that is dependent on the amount of Solar Energy you have from your Panels.

Thanks a lot chairman.. I also noticed this.. I shall return it to 100% immediately..

Unfortunately, I'm yet to find a way to adjust the charge settings on the inverter.

Pls help me confirm if the other settings on the cc are good.. Bulk, float voltages. Thank you for your immense support

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26
Edrizz:

No, its not advisable to series lithium battery pack... parallel connection means connecting red - red n black - black while maintaining its natural voltage of either 12v, 24v or 48v

Okay, thanks for clarifying.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:41pm On Mar 26
isangjohnson:

There will be no need to castigate anyone because some of those guys using lithium phosphate today may get there before you..
As I earlier said, everything in life has to do with choice.
It's wrong to condemn people's choice.... What works for Mr A may not work for Mr B.
Whenever I designed systems for my customers, I gave them the two battery chemistry to make a choice, even though I'm not selling lead acid batteries.
There are some lead acid batteries (12v 200ah/220ah) that are currently sold within the range of 300k to 310k and they will serve the purpose at a given period.
There are also lithium phosphates of the same capacity and the same amount and they will serve the purpose at a given period as well.
It's all about the market flexibility, the individual budget and what they aim to achieve.

QUANTA 200AH TUBULAR BATTERY is 235,000
https://me3energy.ng/quanta-200ah-battery-tubular

Lithium is still better.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:54pm On Mar 26
Dam5reey:

What does RJ port have to do with Parallel, Does Solar panels or Batteries need RJ before they give you more AH or A when you parallel them?

When you Parallel a Batteries or Solar panel, you simply connect the + together and - Terminals together to give you combined AH or A.
If you do that for a 100AH and 105AH it becomes 205AH, if you do that on Solar panels of 8A and 10A it becomes 18A.

Thanks very well noted
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26
TechGeek777:

Lithium is still better.
quanta cant be 235k @ dis moment
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:22pm On Mar 26
nicodemusic:

Thanks a lot chairman.. I also noticed this.. I shall return it to 100% immediately..

Unfortunately, I'm yet to find a way to adjust the charge settings on the inverter.

Pls help me confirm if the other settings on the cc are good.. Bulk, float voltages. Thank you for your immense support
I suggest you reduce the absorption to 27.6v and drop the float at 27.2v.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:23pm On Mar 26
Dam5reey:

What does RJ port have to do with Parallel, Does Solar panels or Batteries need RJ before they give you more AH or A when you parallel them?

When you Parallel a Batteries or Solar panel, you simply connect the + together and - Terminals together to give you combined AH or A.
If you do that for a 100AH and 105AH it becomes 205AH, if you do that on Solar panels of 8A and 10A it becomes 18A.

Not totally correct.

Just like inverters, lithium batteries with good bms can also have data communication such that all the batteries in parallel can work like one single giant battery. Some premium charge controllers like Outback and Midnite Solar also have this data sharing connection mode. However, unlike inverters, parallel communications are not compulsory for batteries and charge controllers, but premium ones do have them. I know that Pylontech batteries have such communication ports. The Felicity lithium also have battery to battery communication.

You can see the picture of pylontech battery to battery connection below.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:25pm On Mar 26
TechGeek777:

Lithium is still better.
This could be an old price.
What makes lithium better at this price?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26
adrusa:

Not totally correct.

Just like inverters, lithium batteries with good bms can also have data communication such that all the batteries in parallel can work like one single giant battery. Some premium charge controllers like Outback and Midnite Solar also have this data sharing connection mode. However, unlike inverters, parallel communications are not compulsory for batteries and charge controllers, but premium ones do have them. I know that Pylontech batteries have such communication ports. The Felicity lithium also have battery to battery communication.

You can see the picture of pylontech battery to battery connection below.

Not totally correct too,
Data communication does not make Good BMS...

So you cant parralle without Communication?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Meklex(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26
dollarnaira:

See enh right now:
115w freezer
50w tv
12w tv box
2 rechargeable fans

which inverter do you use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:20pm On Mar 26
I need 1000w 12v inverter that's compatible with lithium battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 7:30pm On Mar 26
dollarnaira:

See enh right now:
115w freezer
50w tv
12w tv box
2 rechargeable fans

With solar panels abi

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 7:34pm On Mar 26
ewizard1:
Reading these several Lithium vs Tubular takes...

Sincerely, not everyone can afford Lithium at a go, but my worry is the way these Tubular now flood our market. It leaves something to be worried about.

If not exaggerating, there'll be over 200 different brands of these Tubulars available in Nigeria currently and that's where a lot would simply sink there hard earned money on thrash.

I also started with 2 pcs used Sealed Lead Acid battery few years back grin grin before I tried assembling a small Lithium battery for myself and currently see those LA batteries as simply waste of money.

So my honest opinion is people going for these Tubulars should reach for reputable brands to effectively enjoy their invested worth.

There's no how you can enjoy a used sealed lead acid battery cos you don't know how it was used, it might have only 20-30% efficiency left, to enjoy Lead acid you have to buy it brand New from reputable brand

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:09pm On Mar 26
mvphenryeto5:

There's no how you can enjoy a used sealed lead acid battery cos you don't know how it was used, it might have only 20-30% efficiency left, to enjoy Lead acid you have to buy it brand New from reputable brand
Not totally true Boss.
You can buy used sealed or tubular battery from someone you know to have a good maintenance culture and still enjoy it for the next three years or more.
Bigrovar sold his lead acid to someone after using it for about two years. Last year made it two years or more since the person bought those batteries from him and the battery was still waxing stronger.
When he wanted to sell his panels for upgrade, we were rushing to buy them.
I sold my LA batteries last year after using it for about two years. The person that bought them is still thanking me till today.
Submission: If we want to buy used products, we should verify the source and make sure the owner has a good maintenance culture. This is the only way such products will last for us.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 9:47pm On Mar 26
Let me be on the sidelines and enjoy the banter on my precious 12v lithium pack 🥺
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:05pm On Mar 26
EduTechTainMent:

With solar panels abi

With or without it depends.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:06pm On Mar 26
oloet:
Let me be on the sidelines and enjoy the banter on my precious 12v lithium pack 🥺

Drop tips smiley

Don't just observe.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:06pm On Mar 26
Meklex:
which inverter do you use?
Satchet

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Chikach and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.