Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2062958 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:27pm On Apr 08
Oshomo12:

The cells are Poche cells, I strongly believe they are Li-ion/polymer not lifepo4. Some of the cells are probably bad.

Definitely some are bad but looking at them in packs won't repair them. He needs to dismantle them and reconfigure.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 9:34pm On Apr 08
Oshomo12:

Sorry to hear about the inverter. Was it connected to the grid? I keep saying this, and will say it again: if you don't have resources to install/correct the earthing system in our house, please don't charge/connect your inverter via grid. If you must charge via grid, you MUST be there to monitor it. Once you sense rain or a storm coming, DISCONNECT YOUR SYSTEM COMPLETELY FROM THE GRID.

This issue of lightning frying Inverters, is this limited to only All in one inverters or can this happen to stand alone inverters too
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:39pm On Apr 08
easyyoke:

This issue of lightning frying Inverters, is this limited to only All in one inverters or can this happen to stand alone inverters too

Depends on your area, any inverter is susceptible to lightning surges that can curse temporary shut down or permanent damage.

To forestall this, it is recommended to connect your system to a good electrical earth and install surge protective device.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08
RickyM:

He uploaded a 10kwh battery and I said I want half of that and he gave me a quote for it and I paid. Afterwards I also paid for inverter and solar panels differently so when I said over a million, that’s just for the battery alone.
I paid since last year and during this time even Felicity supposed 5kwh battery is at least able to supply 4.3kw and it’s sold below the price I paid for the DIY at that time before the dollar started rising and prices of things skyrocketed.
Regardless of the efficiency of the inverter and power loss due to heat, 4.3kw that Felicity battery supplied will run a 110W three start rated freezer for more than 24hrs without recharging so yes it’s nothing impossible if he did what we agreed on…Thanks!

Ok
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 11:17pm On Apr 08
chairman which internet provide you de use? na starlink?
babaegun:
My dashboard today...

Solar is sweet..

All thanks to Oga Dapsyra (Senior Mentor), Bigbrovar (Senior Mentor), Ojesky (Senior Mentor, node-red master), isangjohnson (assisted me in getting a good price with my Eve batteries.) & zeestone99 (soft spoken, gentle and very reliable shipping Master. He got my Eve batteries to Abuja seamlessly ).

AC 24/7. Life is good.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saxwizard(m): 12:13am On Apr 09
amicdan:
Foreign Used panel boss.
Did not purchase it ,the installer did and he opted for foreign used panel because he wanted actual capacity and he said he tested it.

Sometimes those stickers are fake

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 3:29am On Apr 09
Israelicc:

Flames wasn't flaming . Thanks to Original Canadian solar panels.

Yes oo! grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 3:30am On Apr 09
swagifted:
chairman which internet provide you de use? na starlink?

ipnx fibre!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 3:32am On Apr 09
easyyoke:

Bro, What is your total Battery capacity?

608Ah!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kreamie(m): 6:57am On Apr 09
Lord have mercy!! 🤯

babaegun:

608Ah!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:47am On Apr 09
babaegun:

ipnx fibre!
something i expected, this internet provider make me find house for gaduwa taya, i wanted a house there just because they are deployed there. i don't know why them no wan expand . me and spectranet air fiber de serious toxic relationship.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:52am On Apr 09
babaegun:

ipnx fibre!
something i expected, this internet provider make me find house for gaduwa taya, i wanted a house there just because they are deployed there. i don't know why them no wan expand . me and spectranet air fiber de serious toxic relationship.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:09am On Apr 09
babaegun:
My dashboard today...

Solar is sweet..

All thanks to Oga Dapsyra (Senior Mentor), Bigbrovar (Senior Mentor), Ojesky (Senior Mentor, node-red master), isangjohnson (assisted me in getting a good price with my Eve batteries.) & zeestone99 (soft spoken, gentle and very reliable shipping Master. He got my Eve batteries to Abuja seamlessly ).

AC 24/7. Life is good.

Ahh oga boss tuale ooo. Thank you for trusting us and our service sir.
By d way do u have any spare light u re not using, let me come and tap small, e b like ur light is excess abi I should call efcc. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AinsSama: 8:14am On Apr 09
babaegun:

608Ah!
Is your battery coupled as a single 48V or connected as a dual battery bank (24+24)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:04am On Apr 09
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

SMS & WELION lithium battery compatible pure sine wave Hybrid Inverters & mppt now in stock at affordable prices..._

-1kva/12v (40a mppt)........... 180k
-1.5kva/24v/40a ........... Expecting
-2kva/12v (80a mppt) .......... 250k
-3.6kva/24v/120a ......... Expecting
-Welion 4.2kva/24 (120a mppt) ....... 450k
-Welion 6.2kva/48v/120a .................. 650k
-10.2kva/48v (160a mppt) ... 850k

Standard one year product warranty

MPPT 40a (12-48v) 150voc ..... 120k

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 10:36am On Apr 09
I believe one of the problem you're having with your setup is your charging system.

Get an mppt charge controller like powmr and install, then confirm if the battery will still perform that poorly.

Again your inverter should be among the earlier models of Felicity inverters that are not that efficient (their self consumption are over 100w) and from the pictures you shared it looks like a used inverter that was repaired at some point.

RickyM:

The inverter has an inbuilt PWM charge controller rated 50A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:07am On Apr 09
Hello @the bosses in the house, does joining pv wires reduce efficiency like voltage/amperage.. ??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 11:41am On Apr 09
Kreamie:
Lord have mercy!! 🤯

Mine is small compared so some members here! cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 11:43am On Apr 09
swagifted:

ipnx do suffer fiber cut from time to time but when it is available, it is very stable and great. It is also unlimited.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 11:44am On Apr 09
zeestone99:

Ahh oga boss tuale ooo. Thank you for trusting us and our service sir.
By d way do u have any spare light u re not using, let me come and tap small, e b like ur light is excess abi I should call efcc. grin

grin I no get ooo. E no reach sef. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 11:46am On Apr 09
AinsSama:

Is your battery coupled as a single 48V or connected as a dual battery bank (24+24)?

Two banks consisting of (3.2v x 304Ah x 16 cells) each.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:13pm On Apr 09
kristien4:
Hello @the bosses in the house, does joining pv wires reduce efficiency like voltage/amperage.. ??

Improperly joined cables increases resistances and hence voltage drop, but properly joined cable has less resistance and hence negligible voltage drop. Also waterproof your joint if joint is exposed to moisture or elements.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 12:26pm On Apr 09
Please for budgetary reasons, I am thinking of getting a 5KW SRNE inverter with 5.12kWh Lithium Phosphate Iron battery and 5.5kWp Solar panels (10 panels x 550w). My home load is a 2HP LG Dual Inverter AC, One 55 inch LG flatscreen, 2 laptops, 1 video game console, 2 standing fans, one fridge, one water dispenser and 12 energy bulbs. Please how can I efficiently manage the load application on the inverter system to prolong its lifespan and when during a 24 hour period can I switch on the AC, what appliances do I need to switch off when using the AC and how many hours in a day can I use the AC? Kindly advise please. Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by elaavie1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09
Good day house. Anyone that is willing should give a helping hand.
I bought products of solar system from one DE BLESSED SOLOMON GLOBAL SOLAR ENERGY from Alaba. Instead of brand new panels, he sent used but that's not my anger. My anger is he sent a nonworking mppt charge controller which I returned with him promising to replace it together with 2 extra panels he did not send that I ordered when the former once where on the way. He was giving me fake reasons since early February till now he is no more taking my calls or answering my WhatsApp messages. His name is SOLOMON CHIBUIKE OGBODO. If any one he has done such a thing to or knows how to get to him should please contact me. I have his phone and account numbers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by elaavie1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09
The job was for a customer and I was even arrested for it. If anyone has idea on what I can do in the situation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09
easyyoke:

It happens to them all!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:11pm On Apr 09
Oshomo12:

It happens to them all!!

Have you confirmed this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09
elaavie1:
I bought products of solar system from one DE BLESSED SOLOMON GLOBAL SOLAR ENERGY from Alaba. Instead of brand new panels, he sent used but that's not my anger. My anger is he sent a nonworking mppt charge controller which I returned with him promising to replace it together with 2 extra panels he did not send that I ordered when the former once where on the way. He was giving me fake reasons since early February till now he is no more taking my calls or answering my WhatsApp messages. His name is SOLOMON CHIBUIKE OGBODO. If any one he has done such a thing to or knows how to get to him should please contact me. I have his phone and account numbers.

Sorry, I will be very rude here. This is none of our business, please!! Is he a member of this forum? When you won do business with him, did you involve us? We have people selling those things here, you choose to go your own way. Now things have gone south, Alaba is very big, I will advice you take it up with their Union. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 1:28pm On Apr 09
Mavor:
Please for budgetary reasons, I am thinking of getting a 5KW SRNE inverter with 5.12kWh Lithium Phosphate Iron battery and 5.5kWp Solar panels (10 panels x 550w). My home load is a 2HP LG Dual Inverter AC, One 55 inch LG flatscreen, 2 laptops, 1 video game console, 2 standing fans, one fridge, one water dispenser and 12 energy bulbs. Please how can I efficiently manage the load application on the inverter system to prolong its lifespan and when during a 24 hour period can I switch on the AC, what appliances do I need to switch off when using the AC and how many hours in a day can I use the AC? Kindly advise please. Thank you.

Your load is too much for your battery, the minimum is 10kwh. Na you won use AC 24hrs. Pañels size is ok for a 10kwh battery.

Edited:
I read it wrong, use it during the afternoon, from 12noon to 6pm. This depends on how low you depleted your battery over night.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 1:32pm On Apr 09
elaavie1:

Alaba and Jiji na 5&6

Due diligence is required when dealing with online sellers.

Buy from people who have names to protect.

Imagine buying panels from Fuoani and some get broken on transit and they start telling you stories.

They won't even let you know the panel was broken in the first place, rather they will replace it without telling you such stories because they reputation will be on the line.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 1:33pm On Apr 09
Mavor:

You would need another array of 10x550w Panels connected to an MPPT 80A-120A range added to your setup. Because your planned panel capacity cannot float your 5.12KWh battery in 5 hours (10am-3pm) at NOTC while powering these loads you have mentioned during the day.
Secondly, your 5.12KWh battery Bank cannot power all the loads you mentioned throughout sun down hours, say 5pm to 7am (13hrs). You must reduce your consumption during sun down to about 390w or less to be able to use your battery to the next morning.

As for your AC, you need to tabulate the wattage rating of your appliances to see what and what you can power simultaneously without overloading your setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09
dollarnaira:

Have you confirmed this?

Yes, I have. It happened to Icell-power inverter. I installed it and did earthing, only for the client to call an electrician who worked on the system after 4years, since I couldn't get to him in about a week. He bypass the earthing I did, the first rain of that year knocked the inverter out. This was an installation of 4 years old.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Malquisoft(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.