Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063342 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 12:11pm On Apr 10
Mavor:
Please what is the full spec of your system (inverter, battery, solar charger and panels), plus how much did it cost you?

2x 8KW Deye Hybrid Inverters EU-Version.
4x 15KW Felicity LPBF48300 Battery Packs.
16x 600W Canadian Solar Panels.
10x 540W Felicity Solar Panels.
8x 625w Jinko Solar Panels (to be added this weekend)

Installation is almost 2 years old. Try to use present market prices to cost it incase you are considering a similar setup.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Go for Deye. They are built to last. Very solid.
If you must consider any voltronic based hybrid inverter, go for Growatt.
I would not recommend anything less than these two for VALUE FOR MONEY
affordability n immediate support are things installers consider wen tins go south..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 12:20pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Installation is almost 2 years old. Try to use present market prices to cost it incase you are considering a similar setup.
Omo!!! This one na power plant ooo!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 12:28pm On Apr 10

Installation is almost 2 years old. Try to use present market prices to cost it incase you are considering a similar setup.[/quote] Abeg where u see space for roof take install all these panels?? And secondly...where u see money..lol

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 12:49pm On Apr 10
brightk:
affordability n immediate support are things installers consider wen tins go south..

If prerequisites are bean respected and checked out before installation, the only support you will be giving to your clients is to go and blow off dusts from the units, washing the solar panels, etc.
There would be absolute no need for anything to go south.
Installers that will not insist that their clients do proper earth, load separation, install voltage and surge protectors, install fuses and breakers, use the appropriate wire guages, conduct energy survey at clients property, etc. That installer is bound to attract arguments or quarrels afterwards.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 12:57pm On Apr 10
Flash sale

2 units of original 160ah Fullriver FAT (Front Access Terminals) batteries for sale

Background information
Batteries were commissioned as 12v in February 2022 and immediately hooked up to solar and supported with grid charging using Suoer 12v battery charger. Batteries were optimally charged everyday and it was hardly used below 12.0v (equivalent to 50% DoD) before another cycle of charge begins. Batteries were decommissioned in December 2023 and was occasionally trickled-charged to prevent sulphation

Based on the load test I just performed on the batteries using the energy-efficient EASun satchet inverter on a load of 130w (just a 55" Hisense smart TV) it gave a backup time of 6hours before hitting 12.0v from full charge. I project another 4hours before the battery gets completely drained. If you are looking to power a staggered load of lights, standing fan and laptop (all below 70w), this will give you good value for money.

Batteries will come with a free DC voltage meter that gives an independent voltage reading and a defective PowMr 60A MPPT solar charge controller. Controller was wrongly connected at one of the battery terminals and it blew. I can refer you to someone who can fix it

Price: 250,000 firm. Waybill is welcomed

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:29pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Go for Deye. They are built to last. Very solid.
If you must consider any voltronic based hybrid inverter, go for Growatt.
I would not recommend anything less than these two for VALUE FOR MONEY

Pricier than I expected 🙃

Looking for 3-3.5KW inverter under 400k.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:01pm On Apr 10
jasp12:

Pls what's your experience using a batteryless inverter (bought Felicity inverter IVEM3024LI).... saw some post around 2022 you mentioned using a batteryless inverter.

Batteryless inverter also requires that you get small battery bank to support during raining season and bad weather conditions
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:12pm On Apr 10
Mavor:
Bro 20 panels is a lot of space. I am considering a 5kva SRNE inverter with 5.12kwh LiFePo4 battery although I might increase the battery to 10kwh depending on finances and then 10 panels × 550kw

5.5kw pv & max 10kwh battery are more than enough.

Just power your AC by 11:30am and put it off by 4:30pm.

Use timer to time the AC to run for 3hrs (9pm - 12am) and your battery should carry you till next day.

In RE management is the key.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 2:42pm On Apr 10
Please has anyone used Longi panels?
How can it be compared to jinko panels?

I'm currently working on increasing my panels and torn between Longi 580w and either Jinko 580w or 625w, but wants to know how Jinko panels performs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10
brightk:
not all installers are the same sha....some clients no de carry ear hear say e de affordable...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by apexquest(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10
Obnoxious2001:

If you don't mind I can come over.
I reside in warri

Please Hit me up on 08060346648 (WhatsApp/call)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:04pm On Apr 10
Ferdiwar:
It is said to improve the solar panel yield by tracking the individual panels and in case of shading or failure on one to multiple panels, it helps to isolate them from affecting the entire array's production.

Interesting concept.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:06pm On Apr 10
Ferdiwar:
Please has anyone used Longi panels?
How can it be compared to jinko panels?

I'm currently working on increasing my panels and torn between Longi 580w and either Jinko 580w or 625w, but wants to know how Jinko panels performs.

I've used Longi. The 450w version. Performance was superb and on par with Jinko.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:09pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

If you are in a country with a smart metering system, PHCN or whatever they like to call themselves now, would be owing you so much power as the excesses which you are bound to generate would go back to the grid. A friend living in NJ, US pays less than $1000 as total electricity per year courtesy of his solar setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by munchies: 4:14pm On Apr 10
Can bad earthing system cause an output short circuit?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 4:18pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Thank God a felicity user. Please how are the batteries performing?
What DOD do you run the batteries down to?
What is the expected cycle rate?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by munchies: 4:22pm On Apr 10
mctfopt:

Get 60kw of PV and 120kwh of batteries. Then you are good to go.

Please can you break this down in lay terms for better understanding ? I know someone that want inverter to power ice block machine . Is lithium the best to use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jasp12(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10
TechGeek777:

Batteryless inverter also requires that you get small battery bank to support during raining season and bad weather conditions

Ok thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 4:45pm On Apr 10
TechGeek777:

5.5kw pv & max 10kwh battery are more than enough.

Just power your AC by 11:30am and put it off by 4:30pm.

Use timer to time the AC to run for 3hrs (9pm - 12am) and your battery should carry you till next day.

In RE management is the key.
Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 5:15pm On Apr 10
I have been in this situation before, what I had to do was charge the batteries without the BMS to bring up the voltage above the cutoff point, after which I was able to turn it back on on the app.

Sometimes it is that straight forward, sometimes it is not. When it is not, I lose track of what eventually I did to make it work but just know that when you get the voltage up, everything else you now need to do is within the app itsellf

auwal8377:

Hello, my JBD BMS will not allow charge or discharge and this happened after my 24V LIFEPO4 battery drained to zero percent (0%) (from Xiaoxing app). When the BMS is connected to the SCC, the voltage will rise quickly and register full charge delivering 0 amps. I charge it directly via the SCC to about 36% and still the BMS did not start. When I connected the load via inverter the voltage of 26.1V quickly drained to 17.3v and the inverter disconnected.
The specs of the BMS is (AP 20S006 20S 200A).
I tested charging the battery pack directly with SCC and also discharging with an inverter and it works.
It means it is the BMS that is the issue. I tried jump starting but it did not work or I didn't do it correctly.
Kindly help with the solution.
Attached is the picture of the BMS model too.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 5:16pm On Apr 10
mctfopt:

If you are in a country with a smart metering system, PHCN or whatever they like to call themselves now, would be owing you so much power as the excesses which you are bound to generate would go back to the grid. A friend living in NJ, US pays less than $1000 as total electricity per year courtesy of his solar setup.

Oh yes. You are right.
I'm sure we will get there soon.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kreamie(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10
We're not here yet. cry
mctfopt:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 5:48pm On Apr 10
munchies:
Can bad earthing system cause an output short circuit?

In some scenarios yes it can.
Some inverters don't accept grounding DC and AC Circuits to the same rods. They will trigger error of current leak and that's gonna shut down the output of the inverter.
I have come to realize that the best practice of grounding Hybrid Inverters is to drive down two rods at the same spot like 15cm apart 10ft below earth surface. Use one for DC circuits and one for AC circuits.
Now before them earth professionals come at me for this. It's been approved by NEC.
It has also recently saved my ass just last week here ooo.

Finished installation and inverter started tripping at Error F23 (Deye 8kw) until I separated the AC Earth Rod and buried another earth rod same location and used it as DC earth rod.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 5:58pm On Apr 10
Good evening to great Nairalanders🫡🫡🫡
Please I need y’all opinion on this‼️‼️
Does any of these PWM charge controller good for charging LiFePO4 battery?
Or any other suggestions but not MPPT abeg because man no guide 😂😂😂

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:01pm On Apr 10
tivta:

Thank God a felicity user. Please how are the batteries performing?
What DOD do you run the batteries down to?
What is the expected cycle rate?

Batteries are doing great so far.
I have done upto 90% DOD with them batteries.
Last time I checked, they had like 35, 46, 35, 60 cycles respectively.
They are expected to reach the 6000 cycles as advertised.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:02pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Confirm if your indoor unit has this kind of display when you put it on inverter mode. Notice the Battery Logo under the 0.6KW digit written "INVERTER" inside of it.

The difference is, this model retains it's memory of the inverter mode setting when you switch it off and on from either switch or remote controller. Another difference is you can be chilling @16 degrees with less than 600w power. My 1.5hp takes between 620w and 480w @16 degrees in inverter mode.
Note the 484-492w on the Smart Load port. This because one of my 1.5hp is presently turned on.

I learnt this applies to this NEW GEN COOL B Models (GEN COOL + by LG).
I have attached their model stickers for reference.
The LG Dual Inverter does not have this display, but is can be chilling @ 16°C with less than 600w power depending on the AC capacity and the ambient temperature.
From my battery monitor, after turning off the pv input, my 1.5hp dual inverter AC was turned on @ 16°C with the existing loads of 206w at 4:06pm. The power consumption rises to 1,057w at 4:11pm before dropping to 460w at 4:18pm maintaining the cooling.
The consumption used to be higher than this when the ambient temperature is higher. Apart from the actual power consumption of the AC, the ambient temperature also affect the consumption.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:05pm On Apr 10
RickyM:
Good evening to great Nairalanders🫡🫡🫡
Please I need y’all opinion on this‼️‼️
Does any of these PWM charge controller good for charging LiFePO4 battery?
Or any other suggestions but not MPPT abeg because man no guide 😂😂😂

None of these toys are LiFePo4 compatible.
Why are they still even selling these toys in Nigeria huh?
People should stay away from these toys please.
No offense to the sellers.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 6:07pm On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

None of these toys are LiFePo4 compatible.
Why are they still even selling these toys in Nigeria huh?
People should stay away from these toys please.
No offense to the sellers.

Any suggestion on which one to buy? 6units of 300W panel to be connected to it in parallel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 6:07pm On Apr 10
Why does Deye use KW and not KVA?

What is the real KVA of these KW inverters?
jonescosmos:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:09pm On Apr 10
isangjohnson:

The LG Dual Inverter does not have this display, but is can be chilling @ 16°C with less than 600w power depending on the AC capacity and the ambient temperature.
From my battery monitor, after turning off the pv input, my 1.5hp dual inverter AC was turned on @ 16°C with the existing loads of 206w at 4:06pm. The power consumption rises to 1,057w at 4:11pm before dropping to 460w at 4:18pm maintaining the cooling.
The consumption used to be higher than this when the ambient temperature is higher. Apart from the actual power consumption of the AC, the ambient temperature also affect the consumption.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RickyM: 6:54pm On Apr 10
[quote author=isangjohnson post=129369719][/quote]

Do you think this is more efficient than Thermocool Genpal series?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: cybaj09 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.