Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050729 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 6:06am On Apr 10
brightk:
dat mercury is over priced
Sorry to say this, you may not get a good 12v hybrid inverter with Mppt at a lower price but you can find it easily with pwm cc.
Even at 180k, a 1kw to 1.5kw 12v hybrid inverter with Mppt cc and 40a pv charging amps may still be lacking other vital things like flexible battery parameters settings and may also have a very serious issue with float bulk, which you may end up buying an external cc.
A Chinese told me that what we pay for is what we get. Lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:19am On Apr 10
Mavor:
Not off grid. And I said for budgetary reasons meaning na there my power reach financially.

Oh, great, then you can ignore the extra Panels and MPPT CC as suggested, your are good to go with your plan, But your AC will be your ENEMY is this setup. You must find a way to time it to work only during PEAK SUN HOURS and when Grid is available or better still, replace the AC with the new models LG Dual Inverter 1.5hp (GEN COOL B) you will be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 7:24am On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Oh, great, then you can ignore the extra Panels and MPPT CC as suggested, your are good to go with your plan, But your AC will be your ENEMY is this setup. You must find a way to time it to work only during PEAK SUN HOURS and when Grid is available or better still, replace the AC with the new models LG Dual Inverter 1.5hp (GEN COOL B) you will be glad you did.
But the AC I am referring to is an LG Dual Inverter.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:00am On Apr 10
isangjohnson:

Sorry to say this, you may not get a good 12v hybrid inverter with Mppt at a lower price but you can find it easily with pwm cc.
Even at 180k, a 1kw to 1.5kw 12v hybrid inverter with Mppt cc and 40a pv charging amps may still be lacking other vital things like flexible battery parameters settings and may also have a very serious issue with float bulk, which you may end up buying an external cc.
A Chinese told me that what we pay for is what we get. Lol
na wa..let the poor breath.. na satchet inv with ext cc win am be dat
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:18am On Apr 10
Mavor:
But the AC I am referring to is an LG Dual Inverter.

Confirm if your indoor unit has this kind of display when you put it on inverter mode. Notice the Battery Logo under the 0.6KW digit written "INVERTER" inside of it.

The difference is, this model retains it's memory of the inverter mode setting when you switch it off and on from either switch or remote controller. Another difference is you can be chilling @16 degrees with less than 600w power. My 1.5hp takes between 620w and 480w @16 degrees in inverter mode.
Note the 484-492w on the Smart Load port. This because one of my 1.5hp is presently turned on.

I learnt this applies to this NEW GEN COOL B Models (GEN COOL + by LG).
I have attached their model stickers for reference.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:18am On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Confirm if your indoor unit has this kind of display when you put it on inverter mode. Notice the Battery Logo under the 0.6KW digit written "INVERTER" inside of it.

The difference is, this model retains it's memory of the inverter mode setting when you switch it off and on from either switch or remote controller. Another difference is you can be chilling @16 degrees with less than 600w power. My 1.5hp takes between 620w and 480w @16 degrees in inverter mode. I learnt this applies to this NEW GEN COOL B Models (GEN COOL + by LG).

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by auwal8377(m): 8:31am On Apr 10
olopan:
The GUI of these BMS with parameters display is quite easy to understand and yet detailed.

Hello, my JBD BMS will not allow charge or discharge and this happened after my 24V LIFEPO4 battery drained to zero percent (0%) (from Xiaoxing app). When the BMS is connected to the SCC, the voltage will rise quickly and register full charge delivering 0 amps. I charge it directly via the SCC to about 36% and still the BMS did not start. When I connected the load via inverter the voltage of 26.1V quickly drained to 17.3v and the inverter disconnected.
The specs of the BMS is (AP 20S006 20S 200A).
I tested charging the battery pack directly with SCC and also discharging with an inverter and it works.
It means it is the BMS that is the issue. I tried jump starting but it did not work or I didn't do it correctly.
Kindly help with the solution.
Attached is the picture of the BMS model too.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 8:57am On Apr 10
Has anybody got experience working with wind turbine.

Am thinking of adding it to my setup as we enter the raining season
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 9:06am On Apr 10
SRNE is good (have not personally used one) based on my research when I wanted to get mine.

It was my 2nd option then behind Growatt. If you're in Lagos try and go to their office and buy it to avoid stories or order directly from them if you're outside Lagos.

Mavor:
I don't know much about SRNE inverters. Is it a good product please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:25am On Apr 10
Oshomo12:

Yes, Icell-power 2.5kva, transformer based, fangpusung mppt controller etc

Well it cannot be general though as I use a brandless satchet inverter still working till now in a building without the said protection. The inverter has 4 different protection on its own. Probably there is upgrade in tech.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 9:37am On Apr 10
In this case why not go for a higher wattage of panels to be able max out your roof space and at the same time maximize your yield.

1st decide on the inverter you want, then confirm its parameters matches with your proposed system design.

Mavor:
Thanks. A lot of things to consider. First, don't know if my landlord will allow up to 20 solar panels on the roof. He will allow 10 for sure but 20 is a lot. Second is also the financial factor. But your proposed design makes a lot of sense to me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:44am On Apr 10
To all my Muslim friends and customers

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:46am On Apr 10
220Ah Tasha tubular battery still available, 270,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:47am On Apr 10
4.2kva 24v Welion hybrid inverter (comes with 120A inbuilt Cc) available, #400,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by auwal8377(m): 9:48am On Apr 10
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I read later where you said your cells are well balanced.

Two possibilites;

Either your BMS parameters were set too conservative for the charge parameters you want to use OR your cells exhibit a larger voltage drift than you have noted under charge or discharge with high currents.

Do you have access to your BMS protection parameters and can you publish/screenshot them here?

When the BMS cuts off charge/discharge, what error message is logged?

In any case you want far more conservative charge settings on your inverter 55.4v absorb and 53.6v float.

The above settings are 3.46v per cell and 3.35v per cell for absorb and float respectively - at a 3.35v per cell float you can be sure no extra current is making it into the cell and no possibility of overcharging it even over the long run.

Observe the battery pack voltage delta (mV difference between highest and lowest cell as well as highest cell voltage) when the inverter is in absorb and also whatever error message is logged when the BMS cuts off power - these will clue you in what is going on and where to direct your efforts.

Hello and Good morning Mr Niyi. my JBD BMS will not allow charge or discharge and this happened after my 24V LIFEPO4 battery drained to zero percent (0%) (from Xiaoxing app). When the BMS is connected to the SCC, the voltage will rise quickly and register full charge delivering 0 amps. I charge it directly via the SCC to about 36% and still the BMS did not start. When I connected the load via inverter the voltage of 26.1V quickly drained to 17.3v and the inverter disconnected and battery pack voltage returned to 26.1v.
The specs of the BMS is (AP 20S006 20S 200A).
I tested charging the battery pack directly with SCC and also discharging with an inverter and it works.
It means it is the BMS that is the issue.
Kindly help with the solution.
Attached is the picture of the BMS model too.
Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:49am On Apr 10
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available @promo price, #2,900,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:50am On Apr 10
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery still available, #2,600,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:52am On Apr 10
220Ah matrix tubular battery now available, #260,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:58am On Apr 10
Installation successfully completed at VGC, Lagos state..

2pcs of 15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery
1pcs of 10kva felicity hybrid inverter
1pcs of 5kva felicity hybrid inverter..

Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 10:07am On Apr 10
Thank you so much for this, I've been doing some research between the LG, Panasonic and Haier Thermocool inverter AC to buy.

Your post here is of great help to me.

[quote author=jonescosmos post=129359855][/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 10:12am On Apr 10
Ferdiwar:
In this case why not go for a higher wattage of panels to be able max out your roof space and at the same time maximize your yield.

1st decide on the inverter you want, then confirm its parameters matches with your proposed system design.

Bro 20 panels is a lot of space. I am considering a 5kva SRNE inverter with 5.12kwh LiFePo4 battery although I might increase the battery to 10kwh depending on finances and then 10 panels × 550kw
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 10:12am On Apr 10
Ferdiwar:
SRNE is good (have not personally used one) based on my research when I wanted to get mine.

It was my 2nd option then behind Growatt. If you're in Lagos try and go to their office and buy it to avoid stories or order directly from them if you're outside Lagos.

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jasp12(m): 10:13am On Apr 10
Valto:
24v 105ah 2662kwh available 560k - 620k.

Let me chat you up on WhatsApp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 10:16am On Apr 10
It is said to improve the solar panel yield by tracking the individual panels and in case of shading or failure on one to multiple panels, it helps to isolate them from affecting the entire array's production.

mctfopt:

How does that work?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 10:18am On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

The difference is, this model retains it's memory of the inverter mode setting when you switch it off and on from either switch or remote controller. Another difference is you can be chilling @16 degrees with less than 600w power. My 1.5hp takes between 620w and 480w @16 degrees in inverter mode.
Note the 484-492w on the Smart Load port. This because one of my 1.5hp is presently turned on.

I learnt this applies to this NEW GEN COOL B Models (GEN COOL + by LG).
I believe mine is the same. What inverter system do you use that gives you that load visualization?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:22am On Apr 10
What are the best value for money hybrid inverter makers on the market?

I've seen models from Powmr and Easun, are they solid? What about Sunmate?

Or would I be better served just going with a standalone unit?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 10:42am On Apr 10
Please can someone give me the price for this setup, i want to compare and know if I am being cheated. Thanks.

5kva SRNE inverter with 5.12kwh LiFePo4 battery and 10 panels x 550w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kreamie(m): 11:04am On Apr 10
Nah, they're not the same.
Mavor:
I believe mine is the same. What inverter system do you use that gives you that load visualization?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kreamie(m): 11:05am On Apr 10
Buy your panels from fouani {Cheaper}

Buy your inverter from SRNE.

Shikenan smiley
Mavor:
Please can someone give me the price for this setup, i want to compare and know if I am being cheated. Thanks.

5kva SRNE inverter with 5.12kwh LiFePo4 battery and 10 panels x 550w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:43am On Apr 10
Mavor:

Oh, nice. But just for confirmation sakes, use energy meter and check your inverter consumption at different stages. Also check if it retains the inverter mode after unexpected power of.
I don't think they're the same according to the model numbers on our labels. Also the didgits indicator is supposed to show you the energy level and not the temperature when you put it in inverter mode. It just displays the temperature like 3 seconds and changes to energy level. But if it behaves alike, then you are good to go.
My inverter is Deye
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:51am On Apr 10
HeavenlyBang:
What are the best value for money hybrid inverter makers on the market?

I've seen models from Powmr and Easun, are they solid? What about Sunmate?

Or would I be better served just going with a standalone unit?

Go for Deye. They are built to last. Very solid.
If you must consider any voltronic based hybrid inverter, go for Growatt.
I would not recommend anything less than these two for VALUE FOR MONEY
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mavor: 11:57am On Apr 10
jonescosmos:

Oh, nice. But just for confirmation sakes, use energy meter and check your inverter consumption at different stages. Also check if it retains the inverter mode after unexpected power of.
I don't think they're the same according to the model numbers on our labels. But if it behaves alike, then you are good to go.
My inverter is Deye
Please what is the full spec of your system (inverter, battery, solar charger and panels), plus how much did it cost you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.