Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2045233 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleven(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2012
@George,

Thanks. Got the battery from the guy and have installed the inverter, can't believe I have not thought of fuel since I started using the inverter.

Unfortunately I lost my job same week of the installation but I thank GOD buying fuel which was a daily routine before have been removed from my expenses now.

With electricity to cool my head down and strategise my next moves I know it is well.

Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cretin: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2012
ok george, good, cud u refresh me on the price of the 2v 400 ah batteries again, i need 6 pcs, wud also like to get the contact/address of the seller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
eleven,
i'm so sorry to hear about your job loss but its a good thing you got your system installed
before it happened. now that you don't have to worry about buying fuel everyday, i'm sure
you'll be relaxed anough to figure a way out of your situation.

i pray you find a better job soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 27, 2012
cretin,
you can call vitus on his mtn: 08039644115

the 2v, 400ah are going for same price of 15k each
but maybe you can strike a better bargain with him.

goodluck!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
Guys pls what is ur experience on Emel inverters?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
i haven't used emel inverters so can't comment on them.

as a matter of fact i'm hearing about them for the first time.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
@GD thanks for ur response. pls anyone in d house who hv used or installd one?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zander87: 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
@George,

Your comments have been most enlightening. Please email me at arinze99uk@yahoo.co.uk. I would like to discuss with you about solar panels.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
zander,
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cretin: 7:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
has any1 heard of pure power inverter batteries?, are they any good?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13am On Mar 01, 2012
cretin,
'pure power inverter batteries' is just a convenient description for what deep cycle batteries
are meant for. go for tried and tested brand names like zenith, saturn, etc and you won't go
wrong.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by cretin: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
@GEORGE, SEEMS  NO ONE  has  heard of the make 'pure power'. someone actually wants to sell me 2 [12v, 200ah] of such units  at a discounted price of 45k apiece, my concern is that i hvnt heard of the make before, and its written made in china, am wondering if i should take the risk, zenith 12 200ah batts costs upto 55k or more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
the truth is you get what you pay for. if you want to save some extra change, go for the so called pure power batteries but if you want a battery that keeps going strong even after 4 yrs of use then go for zenith.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zoboizee: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
The batteries are GFM 2v vrla 800ah (12 in Number) currently using (only 6 of it ) with 12v 1.2kva inverter.other batteries to be connected later.Not mine for now maybe later.@ George D and co, my question is, is there any diff btw GFM 2v vrla and 12v Deep cycle vrla batteries in terms of charging,discharging,longevity,and safety. which one is the best. And if a solar panel is to be added, how many wattage(solar panel) will one need to acquire to fully charge a sum total of 9600ah.Hope my question is clear.thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kevoh(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

Please I would like to get details on affordable price of Solar Modules and other solar components with their specifications in the market.I'm interested. can someone help me out here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleven(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2012
@Cretin,

I bought my Zenith Batteries for 45k each from the Henry guy George referred to me. Call him on 08025810677, I think he should still have some batteries left.

@ George,

My brother and I had a little argument on charging the inverter today and will like to know what you think.

Bone of contention is if the batteries charges faster when the inverter is turned off or turned on.

Also if NEPA charges it faster or generator.

We appreciate your opinion on this.

Thanks as usual.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2012
@ George_D

Please I need to confer with you on a very urgent issue. Can you pls drop me a note on anyafulu@gmail.com and I will get back to you.

Thanks bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2012
chuckdee,
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
The batteries are GFM 2v vrla 800ah (12 in Number) currently using (only 6 of it ) with 12v 1.2kva inverter.other batteries to be connected later.Not mine for now maybe later.@ George D and co, my question is, is there any diff btw GFM 2v vrla and 12v Deep cycle vrla batteries in terms of charging,discharging,longevity,and safety. which one is the best. And if a solar panel is to be added, how many wattage(solar panel) will one need to acquire to fully charge a sum total of 9600ah.Hope my question is clear.thanks

hello zobo-i-zee,
gfm 2v vrla batteries are one type of deep cycle batteries. as you may have already guessed, the term 'deep cycle' is a generic name for a class of batteries in which vrla batteries like gfm belongs.

now to your question what size solar array you need to charge a battery bank of 12v 9600ah, you will need at least an array size of 5,000w. that is 25pcs of 200w sharp panels (assuming you are going to use 200w panels).

p.s: just a little comment on your installation. you are using a 1.2kva inverter to charge a battery bank of 800ah (6pcs 2v 800ah connected in series). this is a rather poor installation and will end up killing your batteries very fast. one thing is for sure, except your using your inverter very minimally, chances are that your inverter may not be able to charge your bank as fast as needed to cope with power drawn from the battery bank. therefore you may experience constantly undercharged batteries which at the end will lead to an early battery demise. for best results and in order to ensure your batteries last long for you, try and upgrade your inverter to a bigger size e.g 3.5kva or 5kva. that way you can be sure your batteries will charge faster.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
eleven: @Cretin,

I bought my Zenith Batteries for 45k each from the Henry guy George referred to me. Call him on 08025810677, I think he should still have some batteries left.

@ George,

My brother and I had a little argument on charging the inverter today and will like to know what you think.

Bone of contention is if the batteries charges faster when the inverter is turned off or turned on.

Also if NEPA charges it faster or generator.

We appreciate your opinion on this.

Thanks as usual.

hello cretin,
there is usually no difference in charge time when your using nepa or phcn to charge your battery bank whether your inverter is turned on or off. reason being that when your inverter is connected to public power, it is configured to automatically transfer public power to your house while at the same time charging your battery bank. there is enough amps available in public power to take care of both processes independently.

the problem however is when your using solar panels to charge your battery bank and should in case your panels are undersized for your system. in such a scenario, your charge time will be affected by usage of your inverter.

and depending on whether your generator is adequately sized to carry your inverter, there shouldn't be any difference in charging time. however if your generator usually struggles to power your inverter, you may find that it takes longer time to charge your battery bank with your gen.

hope this helps?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleven(m): 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
George_D:

hello cretin,
there is usually no difference in charge time when your using nepa or phcn to charge your battery bank whether your inverter is turned on or off. reason being that when your inverter is connected to public power, it is configured to automatically transfer public power to your house while at the same time charging your battery bank. there is enough amps available in public power to take care of both processes independently.

the problem however is when your using solar panels to charge your battery bank and should in case your panels are undersized for your system. in such a scenario, your charge time will be affected by usage of your inverter.

and depending on whether your generator is adequately sized to carry your inverter, there shouldn't be any difference in charging time. however if your generator usually struggles to power your inverter, you may find that it takes longer time to charge your battery bank with your gen.

hope this helps?

Yes it does. Thanks for the info.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
I am the most luckiest man to have come across this forum at a time generating power to my business and home is having its toll on my pocket.
However, i need to give a very big thumb up to all the people that have contributed in this forum and appreciate the gurus and self engineers.. people like George D, Ikiriye, Obijack (for your insight in trial and error lol), pecorns, akan..... etc
If i did not mention your name please do forgive me my bad grin . I have put down what i need to do and work will commence on it as soon as you guys help me fix my questions.
Am located in Ogun state and i like to know where i can procure these followings:
1. 12v/200ah or 6v 420ah deep cycle battery (Zenith or any good brand)
2. 2.5 and 3.5 KVA inverter (it could be Sukam or Cyberpower or any good brand) though i saw where George D mentioned Cyberpower to be the best
3. solar panel 200w
4. morning star or outback charge controller (automated)
5. types of cable for connection
6. brand name of 5kva stabilizer
7. what is the size (dimension) of a solar panel 200w (this will help in fabricating the casing).

I thank you all for making my like better as my wife will love me more ... you know why? she hate heat while sleeping shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2012
@all, The batteries I talked about then were misbehaving so much that i nealy threw them away untill a friend advised me to take them to a battery charger who filled them with acid Since I had nothing to loose. To my greatest suprice, the performance of the batteries inproved but I'm still watching them and hope they will last long.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2012
deeplo: I am the most luckiest man to have come across this forum at a time generating power to my business and home is having its toll on my pocket.
However, i need to give a very big thumb up to all the people that have contributed in this forum and appreciate the gurus and self engineers.. people like George D, Ikiriye, Obijack (for your insight in trial and error lol), pecorns, akan..... etc
If i did not mention your name please do forgive me my bad grin . I have put down what i need to do and work will commence on it as soon as you guys help me fix my questions.
Am located in Ogun state and i like to know where i can procure these followings:
1. 12v/200ah or 6v 420ah deep cycle battery (Zenith or any good brand)
2. 2.5 and 3.5 KVA inverter (it could be Sukam or Cyberpower or any good brand) though i saw where George D mentioned Cyberpower to be the best
3. solar panel 200w
4. morning star or outback charge controller (automated)
5. types of cable for connection
6. brand name of 5kva stabilizer
7. what is the size (dimension) of a solar panel 200w (this will help in fabricating the casing).

I thank you all for making my like better as my wife will love me more ... you know why? she hate heat while sleeping shocked

hello deeplo,
you're welcome to the world of solar power where everything is possible!

for zenith batteries, call mr henry directly on 08025810677
he's the sole distributor in nigeria.

for solar panels, morningstar charge controllers, cables, etc
you can call vitus in lagos on his mtn: 08039644115

for 5kva stabilizer, go for binatone or qlink. you can get these at any reputable electronic store in your neighborhood.

solar panel sizes vary with brand depending on whether you're buying sharp, suntech, bp solar, kyocera, xantrex, steca, studer, deka, exide, etc. therefore i'll advise you wait until you buy before making arrangement for fabrication of brackets.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2012
hello ameboperoo,
your experience with your batteries showcases one of the main advantages of flooded lead-acid batteries over sealed (agms) that are now becoming so common.

you can abandon a flooded lead acid battery for an extended period and when you want to use, all you have to do is throw away the electrolyte inside and pour in a fresh one, place it on charge and your battery is back to life. you cannot try this with sealed batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
The batteries are sealed but he forced it open. The batteries are sealed but he forced it open.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
hello ameboperoo,
yes, i see. the guy knows what he's doing. and also people that go around buying so called 'dead' deep cycle batteries are using this trick too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
It is also written "deep cycle sealed maintainance free battery". Solar energy brand, powerd by innovation

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ George D
You really dont know the gravity and importance of what you just do for me, only if you can see how happy i am to read this information. I am so so happy.
Just one message for you...... ALL THE GOOD THINGS GOD HAS DONE IN YOUR LIFE PRESENTLY AND IN THE FUTURE WILL NEVER GO WRONG AND ALL BAD THINGS WILL NEVER NEAR YOUR SIDE THESE I SANCTIONED WITH THE GREATNESS OF GOD. AMEN

Thanks alot

i stumble at this website .. could be useful for others.

http://midsummerenergy.co.uk/solar_panel_information/solar_panel_calculator.html

and

http://www.ecowho.com/tools/solar_panel_calculator.php
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
deeplo,
those sites are very good. i can see you been doing a lot of research on solar power lately.

pls keep it up!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
@ George
Thanks .. what more can i do with my spare time than to acquire knowledge. with limited fund at my disposal i need to calculate well cos i know once am into alternative power there is no going back.

However, i saw thanks to you and all in the house if not for all you guys i will not know what and how to go about it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by boljamogun(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
@all

Inverter system at its cheapest price of acquisition.

Dear all, particularly George D, please kindly give your candid opinion on this 'difficult to believe' offer in the following link:

https://www.nairaland.com/889041/24hrs-power-supply-inverter-solar

Is the offer for real? are the materials china products or refurbished system? You can make further enquiry on the offer directly to the poster through his contact phone number contained in the above link as downloaded below for quick view.

24hrs Power Supply With Inverter & Solar Panel At Affordable Price,e.g;2.5kva For N120,000 by uyoenergy

Achieving 24hours of light is not costly any longer as new technology have been developed which allow you to use few solar panel and cost effective inverter which will give you 24hrs power supply. Check price list below

1.5kva, N120,000--1 solar panel,1 inverter,200ah deep cycle battery,1 charger booster.
2.5kva, N220,000--2 solar panel,1 inverter,2(200ah) deep cycle battery,1 charger booster.
3.5kva, N340,000--3 solar panel,1 inverter,3(200ah) deep cycle battery,1 charger booster.
5kva, N460,000--4 solar panel,1 inverter,4(200ah) deep cycle battery,1 charger booster.

Installation charge will depend on the nature of the job after accessment but mostly we do it for free.

For more enquiries call: 08174592842.

Many poeple don't believe this new technology and I want to explan more about this technology. This technology was discovered by student of federal university of technology,owerri (FUTO),it was their final year project to make use of few solar panel to power big appliences. If you don't still believe me,i guess you know that inverter,solar panel and battery can power a home but this time around you will save cost of buying many solar panel which is very expensis. The new technology is call charger booster,it act as a booster,it does two jobs,1)it will increase the amperage from solar panel,2)it regulate and maintain constant voltage from the solar panel.1 Like

Free delivery around lagos only

Enjoy this new technology now.

Please i await your comment on the above offer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Mrreed(m), odimbannamdi(m), medulla01(m), Mcderu(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.