Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059546 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ George_D,
I have been trying to get in touch with my battery supplier in Lagos but could not at this moment. I think he still have some 260 Amp hour batteries. One 260 amp battery weighs 80kg

@ All,

Some tips to make your batteries last longer.

1) Recharge your batteries slowly (using automated charger/charge controller). Do not take your batteries to local battery chargers by the road side.

2)  Recharge a your batteries as soon as possible after each use to prevent sulfation.

3) .High ambient temperatures will shorten your battery life. Store in a cold dry place. Not in the fridge.

4)  Avoid draining your batteries too deep if you do not have deep cycle batteries. Shallower depth-of-discharge will increases your battery life.

5) When in storage, recharge when the state-of-charge drops to 80% to prevent lead sulfation.

6) Do not mix used batteries with new ones. The used batteries will act as load

7) keep your batteries well maintained. Clean the terminals when required.

cool Conduct regular routine battery discharge test.

9) Never discharge below 10.5 volts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
adex2000ng:

@George_D I am still waiting for clarification on questions asked earlier. Thanks

hi adex,
check your mail. i have replied you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
BUTONEDAY:

@ George_D,
I have been trying to get in touch with my battery supplier in Lagos but could not at this moment. I think he still have some 260 Amp hour batteries. One 260 amp battery weighs 80kg

butoneday,
thanks for the wonderful tips. i'm sure many peeps here will find them useful.

if your battery supplier still has the 260ah battery spec then perhaps i'll like to talk to him.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ George_D,
I will continue to the line of the battery seller. I hope to see you next week in town.

@All,
I saw some battries rated 20V 2500amp. The type is HOPPECKE made by the Germans. A company is currently using it for back up power to their system. Can three of these batteries work with a 48V solar/inverter system? Or can 5 pcs work with a 96V solar/inver system?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:28am On Jan 14, 2012
butoneday,
thanks for the update. we will talk better when we see in town next week.

those 20v batteries will be 60v for 3 (three) in series which can be used for a 48v system.
same thing goes for 5 (five) pcs which will be 100v and can be used for a 96v system.

remember that even the so-called 12v batteries are just nominal name plate values.
practically when measured they give a voltage above that, some even up to 17 volts!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 5:12am On Jan 15, 2012
BUTONEDAY:

@ George_D,
I will continue to the line of the battery seller. I hope to see you next week in town.

@All,
I saw some battries rated 20V 2500amp. The type is HOPPECKE made by the Germans. A company is currently using it for back up power to their system. Can three of these batteries work with a 48V solar/inverter system? Or can 5 pcs work with a 96V solar/inver system?

My Oh my, at last!
Please this is my Email-life707@rocketmail.com.
please will love to chat with u

@George_D, The time to snatch it, is now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
Guys welldone. good job. this battery 20v 2500ah is it available in d market and what is price look like?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by agabaI23(m): 1:08am On Jan 16, 2012
Assuming I have a facility that will consume 10Kw/day, what specifications will I need and how much will that cost?
Thank you George D and anyone who can answer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2012
agabaI23,
with 10kwh a day, your specs are rather pretty straight forward.

this is what my pv software threw up:

battery bank capacity: 260ah (4pcs 12v 260ah batteries connected in series to make 48v)

solar array: 4650wp which is 24pcs of 200w solar panels or 48pcs 100w panels (it could be of any configuration - provided it sums up to 4650 watts)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2012
idsolar:

Guys welldone. good job. this battery 20v 2500ah is it available in d market and what is price look like?

those batteries are not yet available in the nigerian market but they can be got with the right contacts overseas.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2012
life707:

My Oh my, at last!
Please this is my Email-life707@rocketmail.com.
please will love to chat with u

@George_D, The time to snatch it, is now.

life707,
those batteries in the photogragh are not for sale. the shot was taken from the installation where they're being used.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by agabaI23(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2012
George_D:

agabaI23,
with 10kwh a day, your specs are rather pretty straight forward.

this is what my pv software threw up:

battery bank capacity: 260ah (4pcs 12v 260ah batteries connected in series to make 48v)

solar array: 4650wp which is 24pcs of 200w solar panels or 48pcs 100w panels (it could be of any configuration - provided it sums up to 4650 watts)
Thanks
Can you put a single price to all that pls?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2012
agaba123,
1pc 260ah zenith battery (last time i checked) 65k
1pc 200w sharp solar panel 85 - 90k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by agabaI23(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2012
Thanks a million.
If you are to install this for me, how much will you charge?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
George_D:

life707,
those batteries in the photogragh are not for sale. the shot was taken from the installation where they're being used.

Thanks man for your reply.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
pls,how can i convert mp pc UPS to inverter to power tv and my decoder only
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ Akerekoroabijawara,

The conversion is simple. Just open the UPS cover, connect two wires from the battery terminals inside the UPS to an external battery (s). Connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Your TV and Decoder can now run for hours.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2012
agabaI23:

Thanks a million.
If you are to install this for me, how much will you charge?

hello agaba,
i don't do installs for clients but i can always direct you on how to go about it.

but if you live anywhere near warri of course i can lend a helping hand.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2012
butoneday,
idsolar,
agaba,
all,

i contacted pecorns in canada concerning the hoppecke batteries and he's very much willing to help us out. however, there is no 20v 2500ah specs. i think butoneday meant 2v 2500ah. even their website also confirms it. for those interested, i'll be sending personal mails on details how we can pool resources together. although the cost is a bit high but personally i think it is worth it considering the number of days of autonomy one can get from a single charge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2012
GD thanks. it is ok. will be expecting ur message. if they hv it in 6V you can also enquire.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2012
idsolar,
you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2012
@all,
anybody interested in 6v 420ah trojan batteries and large wattage solar panels (up to 295w each) should let me know. i'm presently compiling a list of members who wants to pool resources together so we can bring them in directly from the usa.

urgent response is needed pls!

check out the trojan specs here:

http://www.energymatters.com.au/trojan-flooded-lead-acid-battery-6v-420ah-p-204.html

and the 295w solar panels (canadian solar):

http://www.dmsolar.com/csimosomo29p.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2012
@all,
in addition to the 6v 420ah trojan batteries and 295w canadian solar panels above,

there is a battery de-sulpahator on offer. it can be used to revive dead or weak batteries.
it is a must have for anyone using deep cycle batteries. check the link here:

https://www.battery-rechargeable-charger.com/Store/products-page/battery-life-saver/bls-48a/

price is 25k.

anybody interested should let me know.

i'm already placing an order for mine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2012
i am interested, am presently in ph, cud u throw more light on the charging capacity of the 295w solar panel, how long wud it take to charge a 420ah battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adex2000ng(m): 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2012
@ george_D Am interested man. I have not setled down from my journey that's why I haven't mailed u
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2012
earthrealm,
believe me this is the best offer anyone can get in these parts.

to your question, the rate of charge of a battery depends on the charging current. a typical 295w canadian solar panel will give 8.1amps (max). you will need a minimum of 4pcs of these connected in series-parallel to give 16.2amps. with this, you can charge your battery bank to full capacity in 4 - 6 hours, depending on your usage and available sunshine.

take a look at this link. you can input the values into the calculator yourself:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterychgcalc.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
adex2000ng:

@ george_D Am interested man. I have not setled down from my journey that's why I haven't mailed u

adex,
thanks for your response. you are welcome back. please as soon as you settle down
let me know how many pieces you will need so we can place a bulk order for the items.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
all,
i have been able to secure rock bottom prices for the 6v 420ah trojan batteries and the 295w canadian solar panels. details below:

updated:

1pc 6v 420ah trojan battery - landing price 42k each
1pc 295w canadian solar panels - landing price 75k

this is an irresistible offer no one should miss. personally i'm siezing this opportunity to
begin building up my bank 2 batteries and panels. any person also interested should let me
me know so that we can order them in bulk. that way we may even succeed in bringing the
price further down.

note: this is a pre-order direct from canada.
those who are used to this will understand what i mean.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
George_D

It seems that I will get some of the 295w panels. I will inform you of the quantity in a few days time.

For the 6v 420 amp Trojan, here are the physical details or dimensions of the battery

Lengh t= 11.6 inch

Width = 7 inch

Height= 16.8 inch

Weight = 114 lbs

For 12v 450amps, the details are:

Length = 19.3 inch

Width = 10.6 inch

Height = 16.8 inch

Weight = 332 lbs

Which one will you go for George_D? See also the link below for more specs

http://www.hodgsoncorp.com/products/trojan.htm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
hello butoneday,
thanks for your interest in the solar panels. i'm placing an order for eight pieces so if you can make up your mind fast enough maybe we can do it together.

as for the batteries, what i'm talking about is specifically the 6v 420ah specs:

http://www.energymatters.com.au/trojan-flooded-lead-acid-battery-6v-420ah-p-204.html

at 42k each, it is a very good bargain all things considered.

i'm ordering for eight pieces of them since that will be the minimum number i need to make up my 48v battery bank.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
@ George_D,
Yeah good move. You have to do it quickly to increase your back up at night. For now, am still observing my new installation and so I cannot say what I really need right now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Goerge_D,
You got mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.