Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,033 members, 7,828,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2087403 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
tundebabzy:

Bump

ww.konga.com/ac-digital-panel-power-meter-and-energy-monitor-100a-220v-lcd-2153519

It's N10k on Konga. Hook it up and measure your total household energy consumption for a month, divide by 30
to get your average daily consumption. It's what i used when i sized mine. Hope it helps.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Epsolar 3215 BN MPPT controller for sale:

Max Voltage 150v
Rated amps 30A
Cast Aluminium heat dissipation
Remote battery temperature sensor for checking battery voltage for temperature adjusted charging (included)
Remote Meter MT50 (Included)
Supports 12v and 24v
Capable of adjustment charge profile

Sold

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anochuks08(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
bigrovar:
Epsolar 3215 BN MPPT controller for sale:

Max Voltage 150v
Rated amps 30A
Cast Aluminium heat dissipation
Remote battery temperature sensor for checking battery voltage for temperature adjusted charging (included)
Remote Meter MT50 (Included)
Supports 12v and 24v
Capable of adjustment charge profile

you no dey get 48v controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
bigrovar:

I just ordered victron energy battery monitor...
Egbon,
How much and where can i get it? I dey find the latest iteration. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oneshowguy: 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
LONG 12V 7 Ah Sealed Lead Acid Alarm /UPS Battery

This is a replacement SLA battery with Terminal F2 .We supply only brand new, factory fresh, high quality batteries. We guarantee the best price and 100% compatibility with your APC UPS. The replacement sla batteries also include a minimum of one year warranty. Popular applications for our sla batteries are UPS, emergency lighting, security, fire and burglar alarms, scooters, wheelchairs, medical, and other.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
anochuks08:
you no dey get 48v controller?

Contact me for Ep solar mppt 60a 12/24/36/48v , fangpuson mppt 80a, ep ever mppt 40a, Morningstar 60a pwm 12-48v 40k etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2017
bigrovar:

You can get a killawatt meter which would allow u check the wattage of each of your appliances it's not that expensive and very easy to use. I think Mr Frank once use to sell them. You can also find them on Konga

Yes watts meter - 10k per unit !

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:01am On Jan 25, 2017
We are pleased to announce that we are now an authorized dealer of Outback Power Products. You can Pre-order your Radian and the new FXR series, FM and FLEXmax extreme charge controllers , the FLEXware and FLEXpower pre wired and assembled systems, batteries and so much more. Expect them in Nigeria very soon.

Last week we installed an innovation solution to an old problem for a customer in Port Harcourt. Click on the link to read more

http://atlanticwastepower.com/2017/01/creative-solutions-old-problems/

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Teel: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2017
Supply inverters/solar panels,laboratory equipment and consumables to The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control

Supply and Installation of 20KVA Inverter/Solar Panels

Supply of different categories of Laboratory equipment for use in some Laboratories across the Country.

Supply of various Materials and Laboratory consumables to NCDC Labs

See more at: http://tender.ng/tenders/view/518

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2017
FOR SALE

NEW Wellsee charge controller C2430 12/24v 30amp for sale.
interested? CALL/WHATSAPP - 08033735359 now

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
JUO:

JUO:
Promo.... Valid for 1 week
80a fangpusun - 170k
60a- fangpusun - 155k
50a/12/24v fangpusun - 50k
30a/12/24v fangpusun - 40k
30a epever 45k
O8o98733-709
1 day to go
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oneshowguy: 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
LONG 12V 7AH & 18 Ah Sealed Lead Acid Alarm /UPS Battery

This is a replacement SLA battery with Terminal F2 .We supply only brand new, factory fresh, high quality batteries. We guarantee the best price and 100% compatibility with your APC UPS. The replacement sla batteries also include a minimum of one year warranty. Popular applications for our sla batteries are UPS, emergency lighting, security, fire and burglar alarms, scooters, wheelchairs, medical, and other.

APC by Schneider Approved Batteries.

http:///long7ah

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
chris81964:
We are officially a distributor and installer of Outback Power Inverters, Controller and Accessories. Inventory will be available in a few weeks.

Please enjoy the job we did last week in Port Harcourt. The customer has three phase into the house to power his Central AC systems and a single phase to power pumps, hot water heaters etc. The house has no tank, water is produced on demand by a pump. He need to have power 24/7.
He had spent two million Naira on Deka batteries and we did not think he should feed his Sukham these batteries for them to get destroyed.

So the first phase was to handle all the loads that were on a single phase using a Victron Quattro. A peak of 4000 watts. Use the gen as back up for when PHCN was absent or batteries fell below a programmed threshold.

The result is a happy customer.
Phase 2 is solar
Phase 3 is three phase

Enjoy the finished job

chris81964,
well done. i see you guys are really taking the nation by storm.

one thing though, i noticed from the picture you posted seems your client used
non-uniform brand batteries for his battery bank. how do you account for the differences
in amp-hours? and what about build quality, materials and internal battery resistance?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by goddyior24: 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Good day House.
Are CONTEC inverters Good?
Are Ritar DC-12 inverter batteries better than the likes of Genus,Luminous? etc.
Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tundebabzy: 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Barezzi:

ww.konga.com/ac-digital-panel-power-meter-and-energy-monitor-100a-220v-lcd-2153519

It's N10k on Konga. Hook it up and measure your total household energy consumption for a month, divide by 30
to get your average daily consumption. It's what i used when i sized mine. Hope it helps.
I already had this in my radar. I think I'll go for this one.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
GeorgeD1:

chris81964,
well done. i see you guys are really taking the nation by storm.

one thing though, i noticed from the picture you posted seems your client used
non-uniform brand batteries for his battery bank. how do you account for the differences
in amp-hours? and what build quality and materials and internal battery resistance?

Thank you GeorgeD1. He has 8 Deka 220 AH batteries. They are the same batteries across the board.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2017
chris81964:

Thank you GeorgeD1. He has 8 Deka 220 AH batteries. They are the same batteries across the board.
I think Oga GeorgeD1 was referring to the first picture you showed which I presumed was his initial setup before your company came in to tidy things.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2017
bigrovar:
I think Oga GeorgeD1 was referring to the first picture you showed which I presumed was his initial setup before your company came in to tidy things.

Questions you all already know answers to smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
48v solid Battery racks for sale .. 45k only

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
JUO:

JUO:
80a fangpusun - 170k
60a- fangpusun - 155k
30a epever 45k
O8o98733-709
few hours to go
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
bigrovar:

Thank you for the clarification. That was our first observation. Different AH and types. But there are people within this form that think it is acceptable. What do I know. We showed pictures of after and before.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
goddyior24:
Good day House.
Are CONTEC inverters Good?
Are Ritar DC-12 inverter batteries better than the likes of Genus,Luminous? etc.
Thanks

Yes they are ok, only issue is low charging current wch is a general problem for Indian inverters
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
chris81964:

chris,

well done once again.

bigrovar:

bigrovar,
thanks. indeed i was referring to the before pictures. i actually thought they were pictures of the finished job.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
FOR SALE

A brand new

Victron mppt 150/85A @170k( quick sale)

PV voltage up to 150 V
The BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 and 150/85 charge controllers will charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a
higher nominal voltage PV array.
The controller will automatically adjust to a 12, 24, 36, or 48V nominal battery voltage.
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller
will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to
slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve.
Conventional MPPT’s tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP.
The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
Several preconfigured algorithms. One user programmable algorithm.
Manual or automatic equalisation.
Battery temperature sensor. Battery voltage sense option.
Programmable auxiliary relay
For alarm or generator start purposes
Extensive electronic protection
Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
Reverse current protection.
CAN bus
To parallel up to 25 units, to connect to a ColorControl panel or to connect to a CAN bus network

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
GeorgeD1:

chris,

well done once again.

bigrovar,
thanks. indeed i was referring to the before pictures. i actually thought they were pictures of the finished job.

Bros thanks for the laugh. These were his third set of batteries since 2014. He spent over 2 million to purchase 8 Deka batteries and his old provider mixed them in with the old. When we spoke I told him to turn the inverter off and continue to run his generator. We came up with the solution that you saw. The Victron with the battery monitor. The auto gen start function was set to trigger when certain events occurred.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2017
JUO:

80a fangpusun - 170k
60a- fangpusun - 155k
30a epever 45k
O8o98733-709
Promo has ended. Thank you all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 1:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
URGENTLY NEEDED #
Fairly used Trojan J185 in good condition.
Any info is highly appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good day House

can anyone tell me or link me with site showing standard days for equalization for SLA, FLA, AGM batteries

i observed AE enthusiast set equalization to 28 days, some to 32 days. i set mine to 14 days

or having BLS negates equalization of batteries ?

am kind of confused.

thanks !

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by purplekayc(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2017
Batteries don cost sad ooo

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
My brother e cost pass even panels and inverter sef grin. LiFeO4 on my mind!
purplekayc:
Batteries don cost sad ooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by purplekayc(m): 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
DMerciful:
My brother e cost pass even panels and inverter sef grin. LiFeO4 on my mind!
APC is working undecided

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
when your PV is covered with dust, expect at least 50% drop in the performance of your system, cleaning the panels will help boost the performance. if you can't go through the stress of cleaning, our in house team will help you out at a very affordable rate. contact 09051599194 or send me a PM.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: desiji, buzzetin(m), HeavenlyBang(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.