Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,468 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050275 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by azz19: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2017
four 200AH scrap batteries for sale. Location: Ilorin. Interested buyers should send PM so we can do business.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2017
azz19:
four 200AH scrap batteries for sale. Location: Ilorin. Interested buyers should send PM so we can do business.

Holla O8I35O3I95I ASAP ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
azz19:

https://www.nairaland.com/3261550/buy-all-condemned-atmmast-inverter

We buy buy large quantity of Scrap, Condemned, Bad, Motor & INVERTER Batteries.
We can pick them up from your home or office.
They are to be recycled.

Call-07058562938

www.brightsolarpower.com.ng

whatsaap 08187995847
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by c0ogumo(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
=========SOLAR DEPOT NIGERIA==========

New Arrival: 350W Mono Panels with 5 Busbar

EVO2024E with 70A Charger
EVO4024E with 110A Charger
http://solardepotng.com/SDN/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EVO-E-series-230-VAC.pdf

Email: info@solardepotng.com Mobile: 0812 626 1756

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
Used AGM batttery (12V 200AH) for sale. One of six cells is bad. Interested buyers should PM me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Is it an Agm battery with individual cell terminals or else how do you know 1 of 6 cells is bad grin
mank1234:
Used AGM batttery (12V 200AH) for sale. One of six cells is bad. Interested buyers should PM me.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
DMerciful:
Is it an Agm battery with individual cell terminals or else how do you know 1 of 6 cells is bad grin

When charging one spot becomes hot and that spot bulge.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 9:31am On Feb 01, 2017
FOR SALE FOR SALE

Wellsee solar charge controller 12/24v 30amp new for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
all,
out of curiosity i decided to measure the max temperature of my solar water heater and do a comparison with
a fully functioning electric water heater (ariston). the result was shocking even to me.

i knew the solar water heater really gets hot on a good day but i was really not prepared for the sharp difference
in max temperatures between the two.

see below pictures:

the sun truly is the answer!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
GeorgeD1:
all,
out of curiosity i decided to measure the max temperature of my solar water heater and do a comparison with
a fully functioning electric water heater (ariston). the result was shocking even to me.

i knew the solar water heater really gets hot on a good day but i was really not prepared for the sharp difference
in max temperatures between the two.

see below pictures:

the sun truly is the answer!

Oga GeorgeD1 thank you for your innovative intuition

the forum is getting too boring that is why i try to introduce issues on equalization of different batteries few days ago.

i still find your discovery hard to believe, it's like a bitter pill. May be the ariston is on standby mode.
pls fire it up untill the thermostat switches it off and re-run/test your values.
am anxiously waiting to hear your results.

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
efuro,

no wahala. i will do that. but here is my other experience with electric water heater.

so, i'm a tea guy and i have an electric water heater dedicated solely for kitchen use.
i always like to take hot water out from the ariston before heating it up on the burner
to raise its temp to boiling point before making my tea. i always used to wonder why
it took so long for the water to boil knowing fully well that it was supposed to have
been pre-heated by the water heater.
this measurement helped me confirm what i had always suspected: the heater does
not heat the water hot enough.

now, the solar water heater is doing a better job without wires, without fuel, without
phcn.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
The ariston has temperature setpoints adjustment and it can get quite hot if set high...but then sun gets really hot....as seen in solar electricity generation through heating of molten salt
GeorgeD1:
efuro,

no wahala. i will do that. but here is my other experience with electric water heater.

so, i'm a tea guy and i have an electric water heater dedicated solely for kitchen use.
i always like to take hot water out from the ariston before heating it up on the burner
to raise its temp to boiling point before making my tea. i always used to wonder why
it took so long for the water to boil knowing fully well that it was supposed to have

now, the solar water heater is doing a better job without wires, without fuel, without
phcn.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jean2(m): 12:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Interestingly, it is possible to use Solar power installation of less than 500WH for powering several equipment. Power cut (mains power outage) should not stop you from running your electronics... to be cont'd.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:27am On Feb 03, 2017
GeorgeD1:
efuro,

phcn.

errrm, good u stopped the act of taking water fromariston/water heater for tea, u know copper pipes are used to route the hot water from heater to taps/faucets, i learnt traces of copper end up getting into the water, n such raw copper aint fit for human consumption.

2ndly, some water heaters, ariston and co hv a manual thermostat, which u can use to increase or reduce the max temperature the water heater can get to, so maybe urs is set on low if it has such, 56dec c is low for a water heater
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 12:29am On Feb 03, 2017
DMerciful:
The ariston has temperature setpoints adjustment and it can get quite hot if set high...but then sun gets really hot....as seen in solar electricity generation through heating of molten salt

That solves it.
It is a deliberate pre set. A valid point too

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 12:52am On Feb 03, 2017
Jean2:
Interestingly, it is possible to use Solar power installation of less than 500WH for powering several equipment. Power cut (mains power outage) should not stop you from running your electronics... to be cont'd.

Can it be true that the strength of home solar applications is directly d strength of batteries?
My advocacy on AE has always been bedeviled with opinion that solar don't last and see no reason why they should fall in love with it as we do.
We need to prove to Nigerians that solar works and works well & remains d lifeline of electricity to millions of homes.

I salute the courage & works of great men here. It inspires millions to take their lives in their hands.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:14am On Feb 03, 2017
The solar panels, CC and inverter are durable by design...the only challenge is periodic battery replenishment. That's y I'm switching from lead acid to Chinese LiFeO4! Will share a review when d time comes cheesy. However Lithium iron phosphate or iron Edison are the way forward! I'm done with sulphating lead acid!
efuro:

Can it be true that the strength of home solar applications is directly d strength of batteries?
My advocacy on AE has always been bedeviled with opinion that solar don't last and see no reason why they should fall in love with it as we do.
We need to prove to Nigerians that solar works and works well & remains d lifeline of electricity to millions of homes.

I salute the courage & works of great men here. It inspires millions to take their lives in their hands.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 10:26am On Feb 03, 2017
DMerciful:
The solar panels, CC and inverter are durable by design...the only challenge is periodic battery replenishment. That's y I'm switching from lead acid to Chinese LiFeO4! Will share a review when d time comes cheesy. However Lithium iron phosphate or iron Edison are the way forward! I'm done with sulphating lead acid!

grin grin grin grin

Lithium iron phosphate or iron Edison
are for big boys!

i rather stay put with my go-slow SLA batteries with lesser loads
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:27am On Feb 03, 2017
What's the price of a 12V 200AH of this lithium battery.

DMerciful:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2017
12V, 100AH is $600 on aliexpress but i want to see if i can negotiate it to <$500 grin. Lithium iron phosphate last about 2000cycles at 80% DOD unlike lead acid that will do max 300 cycles at 80% DOD. In reality, you get more backup time for 100AH LiFeO4 than 200AH lead acid cos you can do 80% DOD on lithium while you're limited to 30%-50% on lead acid if you want it to last appreciablly. Besides LiFeO4 is 1/7 the weight of lead acid so its mobile....take it to where there's power and charge grin. If you're doing 40% DOD on LiFeO4...we are talking of over 5000cycles(13yrs) shocked
LiFeO4 ti take over grin
Note: lithium iron phosphate(LiFeO4) last longer than lithium polymer which inturn last longer than lithium alone(3 or more different types of lithium)
mank1234:
What's the price of a 12V 200AH of this lithium battery.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2017
With current price(Fullriver @ 130K, Exide @ 200K, Mercury @ 115K etc) Lithium iron phosphate is cheaper in the medium term and far cheaper and super in the long term. It requires planning
efuro:

grin grin grin grin

Lithium iron phosphate or iron Edison
are for big boys!

i rather stay put with my go-slow SLA batteries with lesser loads

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
Genus 12V 200AH (C10 ratings-62kg) deep cycle batteries in stock!
Now #12OOOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
DMerciful:
With current price(Fullriver @ 130K, Exide @ 200K, Mercury @ 115K etc) Lithium iron phosphate is cheaper in the medium term and far cheaper and super in the long term. It requires planning
i see your point
it is eventually cheaper and more efficient
(Fullriver @ 130K, Exide @ 200K, Mercury @ 115K ) recession is not good ooo
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Gennextech: 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
Thanks to all that came for the Gennex solar workshop, it was filled with lots of knowledge, fun and everything solar, we hope to see more of the chairmen here at the next one

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by juliustip(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
juliustip:
I am tired of changing batteries every year(Used Mercury twice and some other deep cycle battery), is there any recommended 200AH battery that can go for 2 or 3 years straight?
Would appreciate your suggestion.

NB: Am on off-grid 2kva and always switch off power at 12.2v

Yes, simply call me for the sampled Genus batteries @ 120k , and also trade off your old scrap batteries within price range of 17-20k pending on battery weight .. O8135O31951
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
#Note: Real heavy SMF batteries (BPC, Exide, Zenith 260a,Varta lad,2v 800a upwards, index nxt etc can be sold as high as 25k upwards as the case maybe !!! Hurry before scrap / lead prices DROPS !!!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
juliustip:
I am tired of changing batteries every year(Used Mercury twice and some other deep cycle battery), is there any recommended 200AH battery that can go for 2 or 3 years straight?

just a thought of mine. i think you should let d house know your load, solar charge and battery capacity to enable u get proper advise. from experience, sometimes if any of d listed is not adequate, it may lead to frequent cycling/rundowns which is not good for any battery especially as u are offgrid
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
DMerciful:

My dear,at that price of the LiFePO4,it is far cheaper.Considering the cycles length,price,DOD,it supersedes SMF in all ramifications.infact LiFePO4 till take over.......

@DMerciful,let's see at backstage,tanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
DMerciful:

efuro:

That solves it.
It is a deliberate pre set. A valid point too

Thanks

dmerciful,
efuro,

the thermostat on the ariston is at its highest. and, no it was not a deliberate pre-set.

that said, i think it will be interesting to throw an open challenge to as many here with
electric water heaters in their homes. let's have snapshots of max temperatures of your
hot water and see how it compares with that of the solar water heater.
remember to set your thermostats at max.
let's bet against the sun! grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
juliustip:

i feel ur pain, batteries aren't cheap.

to my view, i believe batteries just don't die without a fight,

i believe batteries are constantly under-charged, you need to add more panels
Also work on your loads or double your present battery bank to considerably extend
their years of usage.

Living off grid is a good thing. pls make sure you add more panel before acquiring
new set of batteries. you will eventually smile.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
GeorgeD1:

dmerciful,
efuro,

the thermostat on the ariston is at its highest. and, no it was not a deliberate pre-set.

that said, i think it will be interesting to throw an open challenge to as many here with
electric water heaters in their homes. let's have snapshots of max temperatures of your
hot water and see how it compares with that of the solar water heater.
remember to set your thermostats at max.
let's bet against the sun! grin

grin grin grin
confidence of Solar! thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Parser, Chikach, redgem(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.