Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,985 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2118723 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
peaceach: hi George n friends on nairaland,

i need the phone no of mr henry the sole distributor of zenith batteries and i need advice on which very good battery to purchase for my 2.5kva inverter. your prompt response would be highlllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy appreciated.

My email is venapeace@yahoo.com

Here are numbers you can try Mr Henry on - 08033289101, 08025810677, 08191473697; 08061259694
Cheers

Sorry oga George_D, saw d numbers and felt i should help. Regards.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
peaceach:
hi earthrealm,

please i need the no of mr henry i also want to purchase original zenith batteries. pls it i urgent

Here are numbers you can try Mr Henry on - 08033289101, 08025810677, 08191473697; 08061259694
Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
hello olenyi,
thanks for helping me out.

peaceach,
i was just about to post an answer to your request when i saw olenyi has already
given you the info. for a direct line to mr henry, use the airtel line among the
list: 08025810677. all other numbers are ok but you may be speaking to his reps
instead except you call the line above.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
jayboskie7: Oga geroge D,
Here is my number 08060615464.Thank u very much sir

hello jayboskie7,
i got your number. i'll call you tomorrow morning.
cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:40am On Nov 01, 2012
i intend to increase my battery bank to 4 pcs of 200amphr battery..thus rendering my 08kw birla ecogen inverter useless..... asm still waiting for recommenfdations on the best 12v 2.0kva to 3.5kva inverter to buy, or if none exists a 24v system...thanks as i await ur response
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceach: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Olenyi, engr abimbola and george u guys r d bomb. Thanks for the quick response. May God answer u with such speed in Jesus name.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
earthrealm: i intend to increase my battery bank to 4 pcs of 200amphr battery..thus rendering my 08kw birla ecogen inverter useless..... asm still waiting for recommenfdations on the best 12v 2.0kva to 3.5kva inverter to buy, or if none exists a 24v system...thanks as i await ur response

Here is Oga George_D reply to a similer question. Hope it helps. Though the Oga himself can still clarify more on that.

idsolar,
to be honest with you, i'd go for sukam any day. don't get me wrong though. depending on your circumstances, both of them are good products. for inverter sizes of 3.5kva and below go for sukam but for sizes of 5kva and above, go for cyberpower.
the only drawback of sukam is it's low charging rate (15 - 20amps) as against cyberpower's 45amps. so if you have a large battery bank suchas mine and don't have an alternative charging source like solar panels pls consider cyberpowerbut if your battery bank is the normal 4pcs 200amp batteries (48v) then sukam is ok for you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2012
hello olenyi,
thanks so much once again for helping out. this thread belongs to all of us and not just one person. i'm happy
you're already demonstrating that.

for earthrealm and anybody else who has been following this thread, please let us try and read a little back posts
before asking for information. it may be that the answer to the question you wanted to ask is just on the previous page!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
^^^ cheesy cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
@ all. Please i need help asap my 3.5kva sukam got damaged by some useless people water touch d panel and it refuse to display on the LED. Pls where can i locate sukam office in Lagos? Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
hello deeplo,
you can contact pdozie for assistance. sometime ago he had some issues with his sukam inverter and he took it to simba industries in lagos where he got it repaired:

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/22#12329372

also you can try calling them directly at their corporate head office:

simba group of companies
77/79 eric moore road
rurulere
lagos
tel: +2348058697002
email: info@simba.com.ng
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deeplo(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
George_D: hello deeplo,
you can contact pdozie for assistance. sometime ago he had some issues with his sukam inverter and he took it to simba industries in lagos where he got it repaired:

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/22#12329372

also you can try calling them directly at their corporate head office:

simba group of companies
77/79 eric moore road
rurulere
lagos
tel: +2348058697002
email: info@simba.com.ng
@ George D, what can i do without you huh? my prayer is that MAY YOUR COAST NEVER RUN DRY... AMEN.
@ pdozie, can you give me any information more to who i can contact since you have once walked the road? Thanks all
deeplo:
@ George D, what can i do without you huh? my prayer is that MAY YOUR COAST NEVER RUN DRY... AMEN.
@ pdozie, can you give me any information more to who i can contact since you have once walked the road? Thanks all
@ pdozie kindly get in touch i have questions to ask. 08067617402 thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 5:15am On Nov 23, 2012
I am planning to install my panel very soon, but I noticed the cable from the panel is very short, what type of cable can I use to extend this to where my controller is? Also where can I get a hybrid of solar and wind charge controller? I plan to later add wind in future
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2012
deeplo,
you're welcome.

rodgers,
use a regular 4 or 6mm black multi-core cable for the negative and same size 4 or 6mm red multi-core cable for the positive end. that is how to extend your solar panel leads.

for a hybrid system, use a midnite classic 200 charge controller or a tristar mppt 80 charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by rodgers: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
Thanks George

Do you know where I can get any of the Charge controller suggested?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemionline(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hi George, i must really say dat am impressed wiv all ur work on this thread, u really opened my eyes to alot of things. ive been fascinated about solar energy for quite somtym nw. i just want u to help me clarify a few things:

1, Assuming ur using a 12 volts system, how many volts must ur panel generate dats going to be strong enuf to push the charge into the battery, is there some sort of ratio involved like mayb a 24 volts panel to a 12volts battery or sumfin like dat?

2, Based on wat u sed in ur posts, u seem to be strongly against parallel ba3 connections, so i wanna ask a question, with the no of batteries u hav in ur array, cos i blive u use a 48volts system, how exactly do u go about increasing the amperage generated by ur battery, cos its my understanding that the higher the amperage generated by ur ba3 the longer the tym it will take for the carry a given load.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2012
rodgers,
you can get a good tristar mppt charge controller from vitus in alaba.
call him on: 08039644115 or 07040256342
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
yemionline,

1) if you're using a 12v systems, you need a minimum of 17v panel to charge your bank. if using a 24v system you need like 36v, etc

2) yes, you rightly noticed that i'm not really in favor of parallel battery connections. the main disadvantage of parallel systems
lie in the difficulty to get an accurate amount of charging current across all the batteries at any one time. hence you find a
situation where some batteries get more charge compared to others. over time, the batteries getting lesser charge begin to get weaker
and weaker and eventually they die prematurely pulling down the rest of the good batteries with them.

in series connection, however, this is not a problem as all batteries get the same amount of charging current passing through them

to increase amperage, either get a higher capacity battery from scratch but if not available i'm afraid you still have to explore the
option of paralleling your battery bank - as it happened in my case.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2012
Uncle George, I salute your courage in pushing the frontiers of renewable energy. I have been a silent visitor to this thread since it was opened some few years back.

I have a plan to buy 2 solar panels very soon as i already have a 1.5kva inverter and 2 150AH batteries connected in series to give 24V. I however have some few questions on solar panels.

From your experience, which of 200watt or 250watt solar panels come with >30Vmp.

Which do you advise, two 250watt panel connected in series or parallel for my 24V battery bank. I know the power from the panels remains the same in both configurations but you mentioned that using a MPPT charge controller with a higher voltage from solar cells have some advantages.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2012
hello bodejohn,
its so nice to know you been reading all the posts here.

to your question, most standard 200w panels available in the market today have vmp greater than 30v.
therefore if you're using a 24v system you can safely connect both panels in parallel and your battery
bank will be well charged. however, if you have an mppt solar charge controller, it is best to connect
the panels in series (not more than 2 in series pls) as this will help boost output.

finally, please go for original sharp solar panels or suntech - if sharp is not available.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2012
Oga George, many thanks for your response.
I already called vitus with the number you supplied.
I am thinking of using suntech panels and i also plan to use a mppt charge controller too.
Do you know any reliable brand of mppt charge controller (with the meter display grin) that i can get from vitus?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jayboskie7: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2012
Oga George
Thanks for the other time .sir i really want an explaination from you.i have been planning to go for 3kva modified sine wave inverter.Please how many batteries do i need to buy that will be okay for this inverter in order to power my washing machine,pumping machine,television and refrigerator.Then am also considering going for wind turbine but i dont know the watts i needed to buy that go along with this solar inverter.

Hoping to read from you soonest.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 8:48am On Dec 11, 2012
jayboskie7: Oga George
Thanks for the other time .sir i really want an explaination from you.i have been planning to go for 3kva modified sine wave inverter.Please how many batteries do i need to buy that will be okay for this inverter in order to power my washing machine,pumping machine,television and refrigerator.Then am also considering going for wind turbine but i dont know the watts i needed to buy that go along with this solar inverter.

Hoping to read from you soonest.

Thanks

Let me jump to answer you.
You can use this calculator in the link below to determine the load you will require
www.freesunpower.com/system_sizing.php
I also think a pure sinewave inverter will do you more good since you will be connecting your electronics to it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2012
bodejohn: Oga George, many thanks for your response.
I already called vitus with the number you supplied.
I am thinking of using suntech panels and i also plan to use a mppt charge controller too.
Do you know any reliable brand of mppt charge controller (with the meter display grin) that i can get from vitus?

bodejohn,
go for tristar mppt charge controller. you will have to buy the meter separately though.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2012
jayboskie7,
the first step to knowing what size battery bank you will need to power your load and for what duration is to do a load calculation. use the calculator in the link bodejohn gave you and you'll be fine.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jayboskie7: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sir
Here is the results as follows * Number of Solar Panels (80-100 watt) =
* Number of Batteries (12v @ 105 AH) =

Refrigerator watts = WattHours =
Television watts = WattHours =
MicroWave watts = WattHours =
House lights watts = WattHours =
Computer system = WattHours =
Misc items watts = WattHours =
Summary of WattHours required
Total daily WattHours required =
WattHours required for 3 days =
Battery capacity (50% discharge) =
Battery Bank size in AmpHours
12 Volt 24 Volt 48 Volt

* NOTE: The number of Solar Panels required is based on a typical 90 watt panel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jayboskie7: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sir,please i dont understand this thing.kindly break it down for me. i am really a novice in this aspect of solar.just tryin to make life comfortable for me when PHCN cease their light.Kindly explain to me what i needed to buy with 3kva modified sine wave inverter that will able to powered on my electronics and other home accessories.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sexynick: 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Guys,pls help with the guide on how to connet inverter to car ba3 to produce alternative power.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2012
jayboskie7: Sir,please i dont understand this thing.kindly break it down for me. i am really a novice in this aspect of solar.just tryin to make life comfortable for me when PHCN cease their light.Kindly explain to me what i needed to buy with 3kva modified sine wave inverter that will able to powered on my electronics and other home accessories.

Thanks

The calculator helps you to avoid long and boring calculations, but since it is not clear to you I will try and give you some explanation.
Each electrical equipment has it's rated power in watts and will consume that amount anytime it is switched on irrespective of whether it is on gen, inverter or phcn.
For example, a filament bulb will take say 40watts. If you need this bulb on for 5hrs that will be 40 X 5 = 200watts. In the case that you need like 4 of such bulbs on for same number of time or more, you will have to work out what the total power required for each bulb and add all together at the end.
Same way you will calculate for all electrically powered equipment that you will need to put on when you run on the inverter. It is important that you have a good idea what you total load is before you purchase the inverter, battery and solar panels.
You will find better explanation in the thread if you read from page 1.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sexynick: Guys,pls help with the guide on how to connet inverter to car ba3 to produce alternative power.
Your question is not quite clear to me, but I will try to answer anyway.
I presume you already have the inverter, if not, please calculate you load requirement before you purchase one.
Also, it might not be a good idea to use car battery for your inverter, there are special batteries used for inverters called deep cycle batteries.
Depending on the rated dc voltage of your inverter, the way your batteries will be connected will be a lot different.
I will advise that you also go to the beginning of the thread to read more.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
bodejohn,
good job there. you have answered well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2012
deeplo:
@ pdozie, can you give me any information more to who i can contact since you have once walked the road? Thanks all @ pdozie kindly get in touch i have questions to ask. 08067617402 thank you

Hi Deeplo,
Sorry i havent been on this thread for a while. I've tried reaching you on the number but somehow I don't get to hear you (guess network issues?).
Anyways, if you still need my input on anything, you can shoot me mail -> patdozie@yahoo.com

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1726) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), NiyiOmoIyunade(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.