Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2086604 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
the 'combiner' labelled and tagged

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2012
monitoring in progress:

with almost all critical house loads put on still on float!

power cut time counting.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
pumping machine working at 60% loading.

still on float!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
George_D: pumping machine working at 60% loading.

still on float!
Are you going off grid with this?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
tank filled up, pumping machine switched off.

microwave oven thrown into the fray!

still on float!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
float even at over 46 amps!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
peaked at 51 amps when i forced the system out of float by cutting off array current.

this 49.9 amps snapshot was just on its way to the peak.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2012
more pix will be uploaded as monitoring continues over the next few days.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
George_D with this achievement, you have left our club shocked shocked shocked
PHCN Supporters Club grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
George D I must commend you, your solar system is very efficient. Enjoy. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
@George_D. Thumbs up. With dis ur setup, PHCN staff's can go on strike for donkey years for all u care. Awesome!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
olenyi: @George_D. Thumbs up. With dis ur setup, PHCN staff's can go on strike for donkey years for all u care. Awesome!!

What is strike? If 10 people from each city join him at the rate he is going, they will render PHCN workers redundant, just like what happened to Nitel workers. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olenyi: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
^^^
grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bing(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
George_D: hello bing,
yes, technically you can use a 260ah battery and a 1.5kva inverter to power what you just listed here.

the problem is without actual nameplate power ratings for these equipment i cannot give you an accurate
run time which is what you want.
Thanks for your prompt response..... i do not have an idea of the power rating for my equipment except for the lcd which is 75w..... Anyway am looking foward to it... serving me for like 8hrs a day... Thanks bro...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2012
blink182: Are you going off grid with this?

no, brother. the main objective is to be less and less dependent on phcn.

going off-grid totally will require more than installing solar panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2012
microgiant,
akanniade,
olenyi,
all,

thanks for your kind words. for all those who are yet to take the plunge into alternative power,
i pray that you'll have the means (and courage) to take that initial bold step forward.
you will never look back when having once tasted the good life on this side free of phcn headaches!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Splendid!!! Welldone George. Very encouraging.

Meanwhile I've got my Inverter repaired by SIMBA industries. Verdict is that it was damaged by PHCN voltage fluctuation. First thing now is to buy a Servo motor stabilizer. I got a company that sells a 10kva one at - N55,000.

Akanniade suggested it is sold for N45,000 but this is the cheapest I've seen so far: Prostar stabilizer (120 bode thomas 08023527507;08033309158; 01-8146429)

Cheers guys
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
pdozie: Splendid!!! Welldone George. Very encouraging.

Meanwhile I've got my Inverter repaired by SIMBA industries. Verdict is that it was damaged by PHCN voltage fluctuation. First thing now is to buy a Servo motor stabilizer. I got a company that sells a 10kva one at - N55,000.

Akanniade suggested it is sold for N45,000 but this is the cheapest I've seen so far: Prostar stabilizer (120 bode thomas 08023527507;08033309158; 01-8146429)

Cheers guys
Didnt know you are based in lagos. You can get Prag 10kva servomotor stabilizer at ikeja mall(secretariat) for 45k. I bought one about 2 months ago.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2012
pdozie,
i'm gald to know you were eventually able to repair your inverter. truly as akanniade suspected
earlier it came down to phcn power fluctuation.

personally i'm going to step up efforts and get the prag 10kva servo before i fall into the same
problem.

meanwhile you can purchase from buyright directly at 45k:

http://www.buyright.biz/index.php?module=product&event=viewdetail&pid=64
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
thinking of upgrading to a 3.5kw or 2.5kw inverter, would really appreciate suggestions on the best system to buy..i need a 12v or 24v system, with load and batt status, also with auto battery charging and cut off
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
In stock:

Sukam 0.8kva pure sine wave inverter @ 29,000 naira.

sukam 1.4kva pure sine wave inverter @ 47,000 naira.

both are brand new and come with 12 months warranty.

send a message to uhonmora@gmail.com if interested.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Hi George_D

Please can you explain a bit more about this servo Sterbilizer? Can it step up my voltage when the current is down? What's the advantages over a regular stabilizer? Finally can the 10 kava serve (2) 1.5 HP air conditioners plus other regular home appliances and a 1.5kva interter. Thanks as always smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
hello chuckdee,
the servo stabilizer is unlike your normal relay stabilizer in the sense that it uses a servo motor to control output voltage
instead of a relay. they are more stable and reliable and can take more heavy surge loads than normal stabilizers.

yes, a good 10kva stabilizer can carry all those items you mentioned. depending on the size of your household equipment
however, it may not be too advisable to tie all of them to a single 10kva stabilizers especially if you have a lot of water
heaters including hotplates. these items are known to be large power consumers and may be an overkill for a single
stabilizer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
Thanks a million George_D for that explanation. No, I don't have any hotplates just the 2 A/C's, 2 LED tv's, 2 fans, sound system,a Ps3, wall sockets for chargers and other small gadgets and LED bulb points so i guess the PRAG 10KVA should serve my purpose.
Thanks once again bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2012
hello chuckdee,
please go for the 10kva prag servo. it will certainly serve your needs going by the list of equipment you have.
cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
Team,
I just bought 1 10Kva PRAG servo stabilizer today - 45,000 at Buyright. Will install it morrow. I've also started replacing the batteries. Got one 200AH 12v Zenith battery from mr Henry.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
pdozie,
congrats on your purchase. you're on the right track.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
@George_D,
Sure will. Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
pdozie: Team,
I just bought 1 10Kva PRAG servo stabilizer today - 45,000 at Buyright. Will install it morrow. I've also started replacing the batteries. Got one 200AH 12v Zenith battery from mr Henry.

Congrats. You can hang it on the wall and people will start asking; what is that thing? grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2012
Thanks George.
@Akanniade, LOL. You are quite right. Everybody that saw it thought it was another electronics evolution. Nice and cute. Gives a rest of mind too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
pdozie: Thanks George.
@Akanniade, LOL. You are quite right. Everybody that saw it thought it was another electronics evolution. Nice and cute. Gives a rest of mind too.

hello pdozie,
i can see you have already installed the 10kva prag servo. can you tell us your experience so far with
the unit as compared to the former relay stabilizer that you were using? any differences or similarities?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
[quote author=pdozie]Team,

want to buy the inverter batts from mr henry, does he deliver to ph/benin/warri?..how much is 200ah?...cud u pm his nos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1706) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.