Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2086439 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2019
Please I am interested in cheap LifeP04 batteries for an experiment - are you able to supply me some please?

How can I reach you?

Thanks

Dishtech:
For I have small package like that, 2 used 40ah LiFePo4 battery (10k each), 250watt solar panel (33k) 40A pwn charge controller ordered from China (6.5k) and a homemade inverter made by my self (7k), cable (3k) TOTAL #69,500. This power my 32" Led TV, home theater, decoder, my standing fan, charge my phones, and 4 Led bulbs. Am usually home from 7pm which my appliances comes on then, till 11:30pm or 12am bed time TV is off leaving light and fan till 3 or 4am when weather is cold fan is off leaving light till day break. If am home I equally use the system when battery is charged from noon and the system is running smoothly for 6 months going. Below are my setup!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:45am On Aug 08, 2019
Please can someone recommend good external chargers for deep cycle batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2019
olaolu11:

. I am currently doing a design to enable both charge and supply separately with the aid of double change over.

Pls show pix of the double change over. I am interested

hi Ola,

you're looking at something like this... the two separate battery banks can be independently charged with inverter or solar...

please, ensure you use a quality Change over switch. I used 100A A&Bt brand ... or you look for MG brand. confirm the thickness of the current-carrying part...

Hope this helps

cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Nice setup ...... looks yummy! grin

mcTrinity:

hi Ola,

you're looking at something like this... the two separate battery banks can be independently charged with inverter or solar...

please, ensure you use a quality Change over switch. I used 100A A&Bt brand ... or you look for MG brand. confirm the thickness of the current-carrying part...

Hope this helps

cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please I am interested in cheap LifeP04 batteries for an experiment - are you able to supply me some please?

How can I reach you?

Thanks
Sorry I didn't sale, I bought it here in Abuja but after I discovered that it was good battery went back to buy more but could not find any more but you can ask people from Lagos about that.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2019
generationz:

Thanks so much.

This your inverter is strong o grin

I envy you guys that can just couple things together and get what you want. All those wires dey fear me. Make I no go burn house down. grin

Please, help a sister out where did you get the batteries?

I believe I can use a. Ups for this.

You can use ups but with some modifications like
1. Battery cable, 2. Adding Fan, Adding MOSFETs if there is space or use a higher rate ups for 1/3 load ( 1,500 VA for 500va Load). 3. Use external charger solar system for charging. Then you are good to go without any problems. But for me I can build mine from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2019
Dishtech:

You can use ups but with some modifications like
1. Battery cable, 2. Adding Fan, Adding MOSFETs if there is space or use a higher rate ups for 1/3 load ( 1,500 VA for 500va Load). 3. Use external charger solar system for charging. Then you are good to go without any problems. But for me I can build mine from scratch.

Please where did you get the batteries?

If I can get it that cheap ,I will rather just get two and get solar panels later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sintolord(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2019
Good da Distech, I am interested in buying some of your type of batteries if it is still available

Dishtech:
For I have small package like that, 2 used 40ah LiFePo4 battery (10k each), 250watt solar panel (33k) 40A pwn charge controller ordered from China (6.5k) and a homemade inverter made by my self (7k), cable (3k) TOTAL #69,500. This power my 32" Led TV, home theater, decoder, my standing fan, charge my phones, and 4 Led bulbs. Am usually home from 7pm which my appliances comes on then, till 11:30pm or 12am bed time TV is off leaving light and fan till 3 or 4am when weather is cold fan is off leaving light till day break. If am home I equally use the system when battery is charged from noon and the system is running smoothly for 6 months going. Below are my setup!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
ojeysky:

Hahahaha I saw you cross out system grin I meant the backup system setup, not body system lol.
Fyi, am on AGM.

agm battery, and you are equalizing? its very wrong to equalize agm batteries with inverter or cc, oga na trouble you dey find true true, unless u mean another form of equalization using standalone equalizer such as HA02

ANYTHING ELSE, NA THE OBITUARY OF THAT BATTERY WE GO SOON SEE FOR NEWSPAPER

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dishtech:

Use external charger solar system for charging. Then you are good to go without any problems. But for me I can build mine from scratch.

Please, I have some questions,

1. Can this battery be connected in series and/or parallel?

2. Are you changing directly (i.e. not using the follow come charger) from solar panel to PWM CC to battery?

3. Please, can you spare some time to make a sketch diagram of the connection?

I have one(1) used and three(3) new batteries which have not been utilized, and hope you will help me use it, especially the solar charging aspect. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jamzig1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
generationz:

Please where did you get the batteries?

If I can get it that cheap ,I will rather just get two and get solar panels later
Are you not better off with a Lithium integrated Laptop Powerbank?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jamzig1:

Are you not better off with a Lithium integrated Laptop Powerbank?

How much is it?
I have a
105,000 mah power bank that lasts for 11 hours
The issue is it also takes about a day to charge fully.

And cant be charged with small gen.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jamzig1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
generationz:

How much is it?
I have a
105,000 mah power bank that lasts for 11 hours
The issue is it also takes about a day to charge fully.

And cant be charged with small gen.

43k, 220Wh Lithium capacity, ups function, charged in 3hrs. It can also power other AC devices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
earthrealm:

agm battery, and you are equalizing? its very wrong to equalize agm batteries with inverter or cc, oga na trouble you dey find true true, unless u mean another form of equalization using standalone equalizer such as HA02

ANYTHING ELSE, NA THE OBITUARY OF THAT BATTERY WE GO SOON SEE FOR NEWSPAPER

Oh really? Na wa o..... Let me disable scheduled equalization chap chap! Thanks o.
That said, I like to know why equalization is not good for AGMs can you educate me chairman?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generationz(f): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jamzig1:

43k, 220Wh Lithium capacity, ups function, charged in 3hrs. It can also power other AC devices

Abeg help me covert am to Mah na that one I sabi grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dishtech:
For I have small package like that, 2 used 40ah LiFePo4 battery (10k each), 250watt solar panel (33k) 40A pwn charge controller ordered from China (6.5k) and a homemade inverter made by my self (7k), cable (3k) TOTAL #69,500.

Below are my setup!

hi, quick question.
does your pwm controller charge the batteries adequately?

I guess you connected the batteries in series to match the 250w panel (which is a 24v panel). are your batteries 3s or 4s?

the 250wp has Imp of about 7amps? how long does it take for your batteries to charge.

thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
mcTrinity:

hi Ola,

Hope this helps

cheers
Guy u too organise die. This is one of the neatest connections I have seen. The whole arrangement just look sweet & this is exactly what I intend doing.It is more like a power grid control station. Thumbs up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
microgiant:

Please, I have some questions,

1. Can this battery be connected in series and/or parallel?

2. Are you changing directly (i.e. not using the follow come charger) from solar panel to PWM CC to battery?

3. Please, can you spare some time to make a sketch diagram of the connection?

I have one(1) used and three(3) new batteries which have not been utilized, and hope you will help me use it, especially the solar charging aspect. Thanks.
1. Yes it can be connected in both parallel and series
2. The inverter is built by me without changer, I only charge it with sun using the pwm cc, by setting the upper voltage at 14.6v (or 29.2v for 24v system).
3. My charge controller is for 12v or 24v auto voltage recognition, every is written on the charge controller, I will sketch and send you later.
4. For your battery I will advise you use the same type and age ( new together or old together) because LiFePo4 battery voltage sensitive and can explode if charge voltage is exceeded. If your system is 12v, then parallel the 3 new ones and sell the older one but if 24v system Buy another one to add to the three to connect 2s2p. Or better still charge the 4 battery fully charged at 14.6v (check your battery labels for max. Charge voltage) then leave them for 24hrs then read the various battery voltage using digital meter. If the there remains the same then you can use them together.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
lexi28:

hi, quick question.
does your pwm controller charge the batteries adequately?

I guess you connected the batteries in series to match the 250w panel (which is a 24v panel). are your batteries 3s or 4s?

the 250wp has Imp of about 7amps? how long does it take for your batteries to charge.

thanks.

It's connected in parallel ( can also be connected in series) my PWM CC can take up to 50v Max. 600watt for 12v system and 1050watt for 24v system.
For charge time it's depends on depth of discharge but normally on good sunny day my battery charged before Noon.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 3:56am On Aug 09, 2019
NiyiOmoIyunade:

How can I reach you?

Thanks

Mr Niyi, search for a moniker, "pointstores" . he advertised them sometimes ago.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 4:00am On Aug 09, 2019
harizonal123:

Guy u too organise die. This is one of the neatest connections I have seen. The whole arrangement just look sweet & this is exactly what I intend doing.It is more like a power grid control station. Thumbs up

I second that. those adhesive stickers are dope. neat wiring too.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 4:29am On Aug 09, 2019
mcTrinity:

hi Ola,

Hope this helps

cheers

hi, love your wiring and setup. those adhesive stickers, how did you get them? any hints?
thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 5:56am On Aug 09, 2019
mcTrinity:

hi Ola,

Hope this helps

cheers

Thanks for the pics. Looking at the neatness of your setup, i am shamed at mine(lol).
I will study it to understand the wiring setup.
From what i see, the batteries are not charged simultaneously. You decide which you want to charge and then manually switch via the changeover. Am i correct? I have two mismatched batteries and that is what i did with them. But mine is for load not charging. Due to some logistics i separated the batteries and decide which one to place load on via changeover.

Gurus in the house, please enlighten me. My panels are 4*150watts in parallel. I have two pwm cc of 60a and 40a. I am presently using the 60a. I am thinking along this line. I want to separate the cc thus: use the two cc to connect different mismatched batteries(100ah leoch,5years in use/200ah mercury,3months). I think someone mentioned something of such years ago. Is this posible and whats the implication? I will post drawing of my proposal presently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 6:35am On Aug 09, 2019
olaolu11:

Thanks for the pics. Looking at the neatness of your setup, i am shamed at mine(lol).
I will study it to understand the wiring setup.
From what i see, the batteries are not charged simultaneously. You decide which you want to charge and then manually switch via the changeover. Am i correct? I have two mismatched batteries and that is what i did with them. But mine is for load not charging. Due to some logistics i separated the batteries and decide which one to place load on via changeover.

Gurus in the house, please enlighten me. My panels are 4*150watts in parallel. I have two pwm cc of 60a and 40a. I am presently using the 60a. I am thinking along this line. I want to separate the cc thus: use the two cc to connect different mismatched batteries(100ah leoch,5years in use/200ah mercury,3months). I think someone mentioned something of such years ago. Is this posible and whats the implication? I will post drawing of my proposal presently. Thanks
Very possible but you have to choose which cc charges each battery with the change over one at a time. You can't charge the two batteries at same time

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 7:01am On Aug 09, 2019
harizonal123:

Very possible but you have to choose which cc charges each battery with the change over one at a time. You can't charge the two batteries at same time

Meaning the changeover must come before the CCs(panels to changeover and then separated to the two CCs)?
Hmnn. I thought i can just separate them and thus break the juice from panel via the CCs and spread on the batteries thus charge simultaneously. All im trying to achieve is charge both batteries. Old battery is weak and lasts 1.5 hrs after sundown. So im thinking i van use it with load during sunhours while new battery is unused and charging. Then at sundown after old battery shuts down, i can switch to charged new battery. Thats my target. But if i cant charge both simultaneously, then the proposal cant work.

Do you have a suggestion on how i can achieve the target?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pointstores(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2019
lexi28:

Mr Niyi, search for a moniker, "pointstores" . he advertised them sometimes ago.
Thx for promoting me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2019
Now I have found you grin

I will reach out directly to your listed number.

pointstores:

Thx for promoting me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2019
Thank you very much!

lexi28:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2019
harizonal123:

Thanks for the drawing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2019
Dishtech:

Please tidy up your connections, DIY isn't necessarily Do It Anyhow

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2019
mcTrinity:

hi Ola,

Hope this helps

cheers

Real Nice Design, would save your template cheesy .

Which meters are those two?
How/do you isolate the PV without glitch under load/during sunlight? as you stated near the changeover.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2019
pointstores:

Thx for promoting me

sir, I have not bought from you before, but someone needed a pointer in your direction...so I gave it. hope to hear good reviews from Mr Niyi. he is cooking something, I'm just helping him find the ingredients! lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (1706) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: futurenix(m), Justice629(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.