Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2117120 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) ... (1726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 10:48am On May 14
Hybrid600:

Na wa o! Just now now? Some people are moving good.

20 units gone.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by noble71(m): 11:12am On May 14
futurenix:

If this is during sun hours then take it to their service center cause 54V from PV can't charge a 54V battery.

Had a similar issue with a client's just 6 weeks after installation and they fixed it at the service center.
thanks very much, it was in the evening. It actually charges the battery but the warning sign keeps showing. Its sunny here and below is what's showing.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 12:16pm On May 14
noble71:
thanks very much, it was in the evening. It actually charges the battery but the warning sign keeps showing. Its sunny here and below is what's showing.
A picture of the display during sun hours will be great
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 12:25pm On May 14
foonshur:
Pls to those using the sms sunmate hybrid inverter. Does it have editable charging settings, like can I select "user defined" for battery type and set bulk and float voltages myself?
@drgreatone, @jefferyzz, @iabdulrazaq, @techgeek777, @ayomipoe, @joesef0.. abeg make una look this way biko
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toscotech(m): 12:49pm On May 14
Powmr 60a
for sale

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:54pm On May 14
foonshur:
Pls to those using the sms sunmate hybrid inverter. Does it have editable charging settings, like can I select "user defined" for battery type and set bulk and float voltages myself?

Yes it does.

Which size and KVA are you going for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by noble71(m): 1:08pm On May 14
Penuelseun:
A picture of the display during sun hours will be great
that's what I added above.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 1:24pm On May 14
TechGeek777:

Yes it does.

Which size and KVA are you going for?
Ok. Thank you very much.
1.5kva 24v, I actually want to use it as a charger grin (long story)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 1:32pm On May 14
Yes it does. The manual has the instructions. I use it for my LiFePo battery. I had to configure some settings myself.
Mine is a 12v 1kva unit.
foonshur:

@drgreatone, @jefferyzz, @iabdulrazaq, @techgeek777, @ayomipoe, @joesef0.. abeg make una look this way biko
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iabdulrazaq(m): 1:48pm On May 14
Ayomipoe:
Yes it does. The manual has the instructions. I use it for my LiFePo battery. I had to configure some settings myself.
Mine is a 12v 1kva unit.
Please what settings should I change on my 2kva 12v using 1 tubular battery 220ah 12v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 2:15pm On May 14
toscotech:
Powmr 60a
for sale
how much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:24pm On May 14
swagifted:
99MILLION o

Not too bad bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 2:48pm On May 14
I don't think you should change anything. Read your manual, there is already a setting for AGM and FLD.
If you are changing anything, you should read your battery manual to know what values to set.
I asked my battery builder for mine.
iabdulrazaq:

Please what settings should I change on my 2kva 12v using 1 tubular battery 220ah 12v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:02pm On May 14
swagifted:
Foreign used 2019 tesla model 3.
5,000 miles
Standard range Plus version.
Do I hear you say foreign used?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 3:06pm On May 14
Ayomipoe:
Mine is a 12v 1kva unit.
Splendid. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 3:14pm On May 14
:
swagifted:
99MILLION o
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:19pm On May 14
noble71:
that's what I added above.
Going by the picture you posted, your battery is not charging as the solar input voltage is very close to battery voltage, in what configuration are your panels arranged? You will need to get an external meter to confirm your solar input
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toscotech(m): 3:33pm On May 14
obinna37:
how much

#140k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 5:43pm On May 14
Valto:
so they have also started inflating capacity of tubular batteries too. i will advise u run away from that brand...

u can swap out your inverter if the charge voltage is not compatible with lifepo4, u are better off with my 24v 172ah or 280ah lifepo4 lithium battery, made with brand new, real capacity lifepo4 cells, 100A Bluetooth bms, 125A circuit breaker, 200A pure copper battery terminals,foriegn customised 1.5mm thick metal box.

Have you seen that particular product? Did you do a capacity test before accusing them of inflating capacity? If they ask you to verify your claim, can you?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 6:32pm On May 14
foonshur:

Yes it has.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:08pm On May 14
mctfopt:

There is this crazy thing Asian inverter manufacturers do, they label an inverter one thing while the pf shows true capacity to be another. Who knows the pf of the so-called 2.5kva
Guess that's true. My 2kva/1600 watts shows momentarily the overload sign wit my freezer start up surge of abt 900watts. My previous 1kva afripower cant start my freezer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:17pm On May 14
iabdulrazaq:

Check ur manual but basics include
Prog 1 output source priority
Prog 2 maximum charging current Either of 20/30amps though 20amps recommended for ur tubular but i like to switch btw the 2
Prog 5 I like user so i can choose my float, bulk and low dc cut off
Prog 16 charger source priority
Prog 30 battery equalization enable.
Hope that suffices sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:55pm On May 14
isangjohnson:

Do I hear you say foreign used?
yes o. Its not brand new
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:59pm On May 14
Drgreatone:

Guess that's true. My 2kva/1600 watts shows momentarily the overload sign wit my freezer start up surge of abt 900watts. My previous 1kva afripower cant start my freezer.

Is your freezer up to 130w?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:22pm On May 14
swagifted:
yes o. Its not brand new
That's very good but that 99m is for VIPs grin
The ones for ordinary people like us will arrive in 5 years time.
We're patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:55pm On May 14
dollarnaira:

Is your freezer up to 130w?
Its 180w but seen the starting surge get to a little over 900w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:09pm On May 14
Yes
swagifted:
its to some civil servants and government operations, not for the general public, they are trying to encourage CNG cars.. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chikach: 10:37pm On May 14
Good day house please i need a recommendation for a good brand new solar panel brand of 400-450w. Jinko and the co are too bulky to install on a 2 story building. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Onyawire(f): 10:53pm On May 14
I need Schneider products...The 60A 150 MPPT and System control panel (SCP) i don't mind used one that is good....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:50pm On May 14
48v 300ah 15360kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @2.8m/2.9m
48v 172ah 8857kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @1.650m/1.7m
24v 172ah 4.4kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @890k
24v 280ah 7168kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @ 1.390m
24v 300ah 7,680kwh lifepo4 lithium battery @1.550m
12v 280ah 3,584kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @700k
large quantity of brand new 300ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available @145k, huge discount on quantity. comes with actual capacity test results of 315ah and above, complete busbars,screws and epoxy boards

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 6:09am On May 15
isangjohnson:

That's very good but that 99m is for VIPs grin
The ones for ordinary people like us will arrive in 5 years time.
We're patiently waiting
just wait for china...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by noble71(m): 7:09am On May 15
Penuelseun:
Going by the picture you posted, your battery is not charging as the solar input voltage is very close to battery voltage, in what configuration are your panels arranged? You will need to get an external meter to confirm your solar input
the solar panels are connected in parallel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) ... (1726) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.