Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2300981 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1811) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2013
George_D: totalgreen,

i doubt you'll find anyone here with such. in time past i tried to rally members to buy into a deal that would have
significantly lowered the cost of acquiring 6v 480ah trojans direct from the usa but nobody cared for it and the
deal fell through. it was the more reason i had to make do with the zenith batteries i have at the moment.

I guess then most people didn't hv the knowledge they hv now.......group buys is a sure n tested method people buy things cheaper in usa/Europe etc......if the option is still open...I believe you can restart the Trojan battery thing again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 9:25am On Nov 12, 2013
My oga you are too kind... thanks for the trust.
I dey wait for pics o... this waive of upgrades.

George_D: all,

after several months of diligent preparation. a couple of disappointments here and there,
i finally made it into the league of high end inverters with my latest upgrade works
over the weekend.

thanks to totalgreen who lent his invaluable assistance in acquiring all the dc breakers and
other accessories. i will always be grateful for his help as a brother indeed.

right now, i'm still in the process of tidying up the installation.

more details coming soon!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2013
pls I need this timed sockets that I can plug my fridge .

or let me explain better....I want to connect my fridge to my inverter system...but would want to run the fridge for only 7 to 10hrs in a day...in 2 halfs/shifts of 5hrs/3.75hrs.............I know such a device exists .has anyone used it or knows where I can buy it....thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
earthrealm. kindly pm me for info on d timed socket. u can also refer to a particular post by Dozie(am not sure) where he posted pix of d timer.ur whatsspp contact will help bridging Comm gaps.
tx.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
earthrealm. I tried replying but mailer demon responded. . akinade has d timers too. I got mine from a warehouse at ladipo market lagos. I was lucky then so I bought the remaining three then. plan a visit...u may be lucky.
u may contact akinade for info on how he got his. tx.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kuznec: 3:14am On Nov 15, 2013
George_D
thanks for all your assistance on your posts. I will need talk to you. my yahoo.com mail is musket1234
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2013
wow..in ladipo?....that's cool...did u get the manual or digital?...pls how much did u get them? what brnd etc?....am exploring another option of getting them from the uk...but want to compare prices and specs
abunafiu: earthrealm. kindly pm me for info on d timed socket. u can also refer to a particular post by Dozie(am not sure) where he posted pix of d timer.ur whatsspp contact will help bridging Comm gaps.
tx.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2013
hi,
make sure you get the digital one, i have both, every 4 - 5 days i have to correct the manual one, but if all you are doing is cumulative timing, then any would do, but if you need to shut off at a fixed time i.e just when the sun is going down then "digital" is it.

earthrealm: wow..in ladipo?....that's cool...did u get the manual or digital?...pls how much did u get them? what brnd etc?....am exploring another option of getting them from the uk...but want to compare prices and specs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
pls could you gimme costs for each type?.....am not in lagos so going to ladipo to search 4 them would be stressful....am considering getting them from the uk/usa...so want to compare prices and be sure its worth the stress...

found some with good reviews opn amazon
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
earthrealm: pls could you gimme costs for each type?.....am not in lagos so going to ladipo to search 4 them would be stressful....am considering getting them from the uk/usa...so want to compare prices and be sure its worth the stress...

Can you ship directly to Nigeria from Amazon?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
couple of yrs back, my pal shipped stuff direct to Nigeria from amazon.....not all items though were eligible...n the shipping cost was slightly fair...not sure if such still obtains..Nigerians hv really messed up on the intl stage

I normally ship my stuff [heavy stuff] through cars am shipping to naija.. or when pals travel [light stuff] which is about every 1- 2 months
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Akanniade(m): 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
@earthrealm
It costs around £4 in UK at virtually all the retail stores.
If you buying thru amazon, buy from amazon UK. US versions have 2 pin plugs and are rated 110v.

You should buy one rated about 3000w for your fridge, cos the switch don't tolerate inductive loads too well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
I got them for 1k each. since then am still searching but no one has it there again. I was simply lucky that day.
I assumed u were in lagos. any volunteer who lives closer to ladipo can try to get it for u. I only visit when I need auto spare parts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
Proffessional installation of a 2.4kw solar array done today.
Highlights: 12pcs of 200watt perlight monocrystalline panels, 50A China brand charge controller completed with DC circuit breakers. Pictures to follow later...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 10:25am On Nov 17, 2013
yemionline:

Hi Fikfik nice installation you got there. please how much did u buy your etracer charge controller, joy solar
panels and where can i get it from?
i wannna planing towards joining the solar club as soon as possible. cool

I got it from Aurthur in lagos. PM me for contact details
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

TRIUMPH GEL telecomm batteries..... 12v 180 ahms (2012 Indian prod)

2v 500 ahms Telecomm Batteries

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
hi,
u guys want to kill us, pls pls send pics, cant wait to see.

bodejohn: Proffessional installation of a 2.4kw solar array done today.
Highlights: 12pcs of 200watt perlight monocrystalline panels, 50A China brand charge controller completed with DC circuit breakers. Pictures to follow later...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
all,
i spent the whole of last week installing remaining accessories for my upgraded system.i also tidied up my wiring giving the place a new look.
now the pictures will follow.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
earthrealm: pls could you gimme costs for each type?.....am not in lagos so going to ladipo to search 4 them would be stressful....am considering getting them from the uk/usa...so want to compare prices and be sure its worth the stress...

Please would you mind posting the link on Amazon. I'm also interested in getting the timer.
I usually ship through a Nigerian company (Midas Shipping) in UK or US. You can pay them in naira or dollar but you pick your stuff from their Lagos office
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
@George d...pls post the pics...we cant wait!.
@ house any solar installer or inverter/battery seller in owerri/imo state?
@pdozie...see the lionks mechanical and digital...I intend to buy 1 of each....as their are mixed reviews on them.

ur shipper midas shipping - do they hv a website?..do they do bulk cargo?...whats ur cargo rate?....also do they deliver to major towns in naija?
1. mechanical - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingavon-24-HOUR-TIMER-SOCKET/dp/B000QFCQ88/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3MT8ZBJXAFCQI&coliid=I7C9LTSQ3XCPI

2. digital - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-digital-mains-Socket-Display/dp/B002P7RF9A/ref=pd_cp_diy_0

there are still other slightly cheper brands...but from the reviews....am likely going for these one...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
O God pls locate and bless me. God pls i wan do upgrade because dis solar endowment too sweet. guys make una no forget me for north o!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
earthrealm:
@ house any solar installer or inverter/battery seller in owerri/imo state?
What do you need brother
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
have some friends that need professional help to install their solar panel..and also buy a good inverter in owerri, do u know of any good installer/seller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
earthrealm: have some friends that need professional help to install their solar panel..and also buy a good inverter in owerri, do u know of any good installer/seller?
I may not be a professional installer but I believe I could pass as a Prof. Am a DIY hobbyist. I doubt if you can get a serious wholesaler/retailer/seller in Owerri. The market isn't moving as much. One I know in New market says it ties his money down, that I ve to place my order and he will get them for me and probably from Lagos. Hence I did the order myself by contacting Vitus and Henry. They could as well go direct to Vitus for their inverter /CC/Panels , if they are ok with Zenith batteries then Mr. Henry is the man, though I ordered my CC from China
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
all,
as promised, here are pre-installation pics of my systems upgrade.

accessories including dc breakers, ground fault circuit interrupter (gfci), tristar remote meter,
meter hub, battery life saver (bls), all courtesy of totalgreen.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
more pics. totalgreen.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
and more.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
you need stuff? do it with totalgreen and be rest assured he'll get it delivered to you.

over a year ago to the day, i tried to get these same items from another member of the forum (names withheld).
twice he promised, and twice he failed. the last time he just went under and i never heard from him again!

but not so with totalgreen. he promises and delivers to the letter! smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
ok. now to the inverter itself - and of course its a magnum! grin.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
more:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
ok. now for the magnum e-panel from midnight solar (those guys really know how to make good stuff!).

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
the magnum inverter accessories including the battery monitor kit (me-bmk) and
advanced remote (me-arc50)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1811) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.