Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,437 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2083653 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (1705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wolebanks(m): 4:52am On Jan 13, 2020
justcallmenuel:
1000watt souer inverter with charger available, #15000. Contact us on 08168986461
hello, I came here in search of how I can get an inverter, and I think I will get what am looking for here. I have a battery and the charger, all I need is just an inverter to power a small TV and decoder. I have copied the contact will call at daybreak. please what is FTA?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:59am On Jan 13, 2020
wolebanks:
hello, I came here in search of how I can get an inverter, and I think I will get what am looking for here. I have a battery and the charger, all I need is just an inverter to power a small TV and decoder. I have copied the contact will call at daybreak. please what is FTA?

Free To Air....FTA...Free-to-air are television and radio services broadcast in clear form, allowing any person with the appropriate receiving equipment to receive the signal and view or listen to the content without requiring a subscription, other ongoing cost, or one-off fee.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:49am On Jan 13, 2020
wolebanks:
Ok, no problem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:57am On Jan 13, 2020
spartacus11:

Hello I'm interested in this
Contact me and let’s do business. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneymind: 10:11am On Jan 13, 2020
1.5kva Luminous Hybrid Inverter: N50,000
60amps, 24v SMS Charge Controller: N18,000

Almost Brand New, Both Items were used for just 2 weeks before owner decided to upgrade.
See pics here: https://www.nairaland.com/5628454/1.5kva-luminous-hybrid-inverter-60amps
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2020
BetaTechnicians:

Relocate the pole... you can use two poles in case of lag.

Pole relocated to remove shading. However I still remain puzzled on my harvest, I should be seeing close to 8A and over 1.5kw but am not experiencing that. Now that I have eliminated shading (there is improvement post noon), I am left with tilt as the next possible thing to look into. My setup is currently flat, is this an optimal position? Or what would folks advice?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
ojeysky:

Pole relocated to remove shading. However I still remain puzzled on my harvest, I should be seeing close to 8A and over 1.5kw but am not experiencing that. Now that I have eliminated shading (there is improvement post noon), I am left with tilte as the next possible thing to look into. My setup is currently flat, is this an optimal position? Or what would folks advice?

Your tilt angle is ok. Have you individually checked each solar PV? If you haven't, I guess it's time to do that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
mctfopt:

Your tilt angle is ok. Have you individually checked each solar PV? If you haven't, I guess it's time to do that.

Yeah I checked the voltage of each of them and they were fine(over 30v each), my inverter readings also confirmed that as well. However I have not been able to check the amp individually, do I need to check that as well? And what tool will I need for that? I have a multimeter.

Update: Okay after some googling, I found how to check my panel current with multimeter. They all checked out (some beyond panel spec which was strange, but I guess more is better right?) except 2 which was below the rest by 2.5amps. Done some thorough washing and tilting for them. Will see how it goes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hello guys good afternoon and a happy new year?

Please I want to know if I can install extra solar panels (300w @150w each) by myself to my already existing panels.

Is it something I can do myself if I get instructions from here?

Please answer me house. I can provide images of my already existing setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
justcallmenuel:
325watt felicity solar panel available, #38000. Contact us on 08168986461

Can this work for a 12v system?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by laposta: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
tonididdy:

Can this work for a 12v system?

You'll need a MPPT CC for it to be effective. If you want to use PWM, you have to be certain it can accept a PV of up to 45volts which is the PV of the solar panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
36watt LED solar street light available, #12000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
I need two units or these panels in Benin city ASAP . Please quote me with a contact.

Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Solardepot: 5:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
Do you desire to learn how to install the BYD 13.8kWh B-Box Lithium Iron Phosphate battery?

Then, this post is for you. Check out ���

8 Quick Steps on How to Install the BYD 13.8kWh B-Box Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery

Click the link below to watch now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlHws7CSL-w

Do well to like and subscribe to our Youtube Channel after watching.

Solar Depot Nigeria
www.solardepotng.com

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
tonididdy:
I need two units or these panels in Benin city ASAP . Please quote me with a contact.

Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
ojeysky:

Yeah I checked the voltage of each of them and they were fine(over 30v each), my inverter readings also confirmed that as well. However I have not been able to check the amp individually, do I need to check that as well? And what tool will I need for that? I have a multimeter.

Update: Okay after some googling, I found how to check my panel current with multimeter. They all checked out (some beyond panel spec which was strange, but I guess more is better right?) except 2 which was below the rest by 2.5amps. Done some thorough washing and tilting for them. Will see how it goes.

That's ok, by the way how did you measure the current without a clamp meter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
1kva microtek inverter available, #45000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
ojeysky:

Pole relocated to remove shading. However I still remain puzzled on my harvest, I should be seeing close to 8A and over 1.5kw but am not experiencing that. Now that I have eliminated shading (there is improvement post noon), I am left with tilt as the next possible thing to look into. My setup is currently flat, is this an optimal position? Or what would folks advice?
They look dusty, maybe after your cleaning there'll be a difference.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
mctfopt:

Probably open circuit.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
BetaTechnicians:

Probably open circuit.

Hard to tell the current with that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
tonididdy:
Hello guys good afternoon and a happy new year?

Please I want to know if I can install extra solar panels (300w @150w each) by myself to my already existing panels.

Is it something I can do myself if I get instructions from here?

Please answer me house. I can provide images of my already existing setup.
What's the configuration of your current setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
mctfopt:

Hard to tell the current with that.

That's when the panel isn't connected to any load, the meter is able to read a value which is usually close to the Isc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
mctfopt:

I disconnected the Panels and followed the process in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-sm3UXX0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solasola(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Buyers beware, many of the panels,cc and batteries in the market is fake. Alaba boys at it again. They change stickers.e.tc. the quality of solar materials are now so substsndard.
Buyers;Be warned

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 1:09am On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=BetaTechnicians post=85770405]
Good morning. Am not so good with an answer to your question but this is the setup and the panels used already are 300w (2@150w each).

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 1:31am On Jan 14, 2020
Where are your panels mounted, roof or standalone?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 1:38am On Jan 14, 2020
tonididdy:

Thanks

The simplicity of your setup shows you should be able to set it up yourself. Do you know what parallel and series connection is? Can you identify it? If yes, then you are good to go.

The pix of how the panels are JOINED to each other is required in other to advise you.

Incidentally, your set up is not fused. ie no breaker/fuse between the panel and CC and between CC and battery. Look into this ASAP
And I hope you are well aware of demerits of joining mismatched panels(Talking from experience. Lol). Gurus in the house will explain.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solasola(m): 4:26am On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=tonididdy post=85775937][/quote] there are limitations to what you can do as you likely have just one tubular battery which shows your system is clearly a 12v system. Why do you want to add more panels? What is the capacity of your battery in AH? Your cc is rated at what amp?
What is your inverter amp rating too.let get this details so the ogas can advice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:25am On Jan 14, 2020
ojeysky:

I disconnected the Panels and followed the process in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZf-sm3UXX0

Ok. That's cool. Then have you checked the connection to ensure they are tight. If yes, then I think the next step is to check the charge controller. I hope what it displays is accurate. But for you to find out you'll need a clamp meter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2020
solasola:
there are limitations to what you can do as you likely have just one tubular battery which shows your system is clearly a 12v system. Why do you want to add more panels? What is the capacity of your battery in AH? Your cc is rated at what amp?
What is your inverter amp rating too.let get this details so the ogas can advice.
Good morning sir. (Forgive my lengthy write up) ;

. Here is a photo of my solar charger power details and the other is the inverters. I was told earlier on here that I needed at least 500-600w of panels.

The installer told me he only put 300w panel because the setup is mainly for night usage or to be supported with at least 5 to 6hrs of Nepal or Gen and I do not have any of the NEPA or gen available now.

I am worried about damaging the batt3 because it carries a load of (TV (60watts), fan (30watts), dstv and phone chargers randomly at day time), when night comes the batt3 bar drop from 4bars to 3bars quickly and then by morning just 2bars left.

It's batt3 reading at night on the CC when no sun to charge is between 12.9 to 13.0v. If the TV and decoder and fan run from 6pm to 2am it drops to about 12.4 and then when everything is switched off (except the fan), by morning it will be 12.3.

I don't know what a full charge will read on this setup. I'm worried the 4bars batt3 reading on the CC drop so fastly to 3bars and then 2bars by morning.

So I was planning to add a 300w setup to make it 600w panels. This way I believe it will charge faster and if poasibly have a full charge before sunset.

I have 220ah batt3

Please I need your advice.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2020
Topmost11:

The simplicity of your setup shows you should be able to set it up yourself. Do you know what parallel and series connection is? Can you identify it? If yes, then you are good to go.

The pix of how the panels are JOINED to each other is required in other to advise you.

Incidentally, your set up is not fused. ie no breaker/fuse between the panel and CC and between CC and battery. Look into this ASAP
And I hope you are well aware of demerits of joining mismatched panels(Talking from experience. Lol). Gurus in the house will explain.
Good morning sir.
I wish I can study more about your last sentence. Tye installer installed the change over switch in this setup. He said it's for emergencies or if I wanted to run (on NEPA or gen) heavy devices like the pump machine, iron, microwave.

I'm really very amaturic in all of this. The panel setup I looked is negative- to negative notted together and positives + notted together. I believe if I get new panels I just have to do same (or am I wrong?)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (1705) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Gozik1, Donsco(m), kdaddy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.