Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2045411 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

Yes that's what I meant by maintenance, just the periodic refills

Any idea on how much it costs to refill and how long before I'll be needing to refill? Please I'll appreciate your knowledge on it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

I hope you are up for the maintenance required for fla batteries. That said you may need to increase number of panels to 6 or 8 if you want to power that load through the day with enough juice left in your battery for the night

The foresolar Inverter, is it a good product?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
QUALITY RENEWABLE ENERGY PRODUCTS NOW IN STOCK!!

We handle sales & supplies of renewable energy materials within & outside Lagos State.. Power inverters datasheet also available on request! Kindly notify me if interested

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
Any idea on how much it costs to refill and how long before I'll be needing to refill? Please I'll appreciate your knowledge on it

It depends, can be as recent as 3 months or 6 months interval. Someone was advertising distilled water on this thread. Other option is to use direct rain water or AC condensate water (you will need to get them direct to ensure its clean).
That said, there are active users of fla in here who can share more experience.
Me am LFP and I would have just adviced you to go for Lifepo4 instead of fla wink

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

It depends, can be as recent as 3 months or 6 months interval. Someone was advertising distilled water on this thread. Other option is to use direct rain water or AC condensate water (you will need to get them direct to ensure its clean).
Me am LFP and I would have just adviced you to go for Lifepo4 instead of fla wink
Thank you for your explanation and time. How much does a 200ah Lifepo4 go for?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
kiekie1:
Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 4,500
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 6,500
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...6,500

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
081-350-31951

Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 4,500 "limited qty"
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 6,500
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...6,500

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
Thank you for your explanation and time. How much does a 200ah Lifepo4 go for?

It depends on who you are asking, I got mine 450k, but why 200Ah? Since you are getting 2 200Ah fla, you can get 2 12v 120Ah or 150Ah Lifepo4. Or get the felicity 24v 200Ah (on paper) Lifepo4 which sells for 350k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

It depends on who you are asking, I got mine 450k, but why 200Ah? Since you are getting 2 200Ah fla, you can get 2 12v 120Ah or 150Ah Lifepo4. Or get the felicity 24v 200Ah (on paper) Lifepo4 which sells for 350k
Wow, the price looks to be on the high side, more than triple of the fla, I guess it really must be very effective and lasts longer that the Fla. Thank you very much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
Wow, the price looks to be on the high side, more than triple of the fla, I guess it really must be very effective and lasts longer that the Fla. Thank you very much

Your fla is 240k+fla refill cost @50% DoD maybe it serves 3 to 5 years
Lifepo4 is 350k or 450k @80% DoD maybe it serves 7 to 10 years and you still have 60 to 80% capacity left.

So I don't think the cost triples that of fla

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

Lifepo4 is 350k or 450k @80% DoD maybe it serves 7 to 10 years and you still have 60 to 80% capacity left.

I understand your point completely. Any idea on how much a 120 or 150ah Lifepo4 go for?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

"on paper". Mind explaining more what you mean by that?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
"on paper". Mind explaining more what you mean by that?

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/717#88533732

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
I understand your point completely. Any idea on how much a 120 or 150ah Lifepo4 go for?

No idea but you can safely work with felicity at 350k

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Great job u do here, however direct rain water is second only to spring water for drinking but it is not distilled water. Although it starts as distilled water when leaving the clouds but on its journey downward it absorbs gas and other components that distorts it from being a pure distilled water.
AC water collected cleanly is a correct form of distilled water as you rightly said because of the distillation process involved in producing it.
ojeysky:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

No idea but you can safely work with felicity at 350k
Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojesymsym:
Great job u do here, however direct rain water is second only to spring water for drinking but it is not distilled water. Although it starts as distilled water when leaving the clouds but on its journey downward it absorbs gas and other components that distorts it from being a pure distilled water.
AC water collected cleanly is a correct form of distilled water as you rightly said because of the distillation process involved in producing it.

I use water from my borehole on my Trojan fla batteries. They have lasted me more than 5 years, though capacity has decreased as expected.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
You get mind o.
adrusa:

I use water from my borehole on my Trojan fla batteries. They have lasted me more than 5 years, though capacity has decreased as expected.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
Refilling is easy. You can use sachet water provided you test the tds level. Anything from 5 below is ok. I use same batteries the luminous 220ah and believe you can get it cheaper than that 120k [hot mine @105k, I believe it's 95k each now] including your panel price too.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Namzy:

Refilling is easy. You can use sachet water provided you test the tds level. Anything from 5 below is ok. I use same batteries the luminous 220ah and believe you can get it cheaper than that 120k [hot mine @105k, I believe it's 95k each now] including your panel price too.
Nice. Where can I get it for the price please? Also how much and where can I get the TDS tester... And your panel, how many watts are you using and how much can I get it for? It's probably best I buy them myself and then call the installer to come fix it... And if you don't mind can you share a picture of your battery for me? Also what's your review of the battery? Does it last long? Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
ojeysky:

This explanation kills it every time. Both in solar and now in lithium batteries. People are always ready and willing to go for the cheaper option now without recourse to the accumulative costs in the long run.

Na wetin dey pocket now dey determine oo. But to me don't even bother till you're ready to do good. If you wan chop frog chop the one wey get belle.......sha not so big the bone come choke you oo.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
tipzy001:
Nice. Where can I get it for the price please? Also how much and where can I get the TDS tester... And your panel, how many watts are you using and how much can I get it for? It's probably best I buy them myself and then call the installer to come fix it... And if you don't mind can you share a picture of your battery for me? Also what's your review of the battery? Does it last long? Thank you
Got the tds meter from AliExpress. I believe manuel enterprise here sells that luminous for a cheaper price. I use 4×340w [jinko and Era solar panels]. Bought the era for 44k if i can remember. The Jinko panels were more expensive. I hardly use the batteries as the solar is sufficient to run my loads from 8am to 5pm then @ 6pm the compound generator comes on and off by 9.30pm. My fangpusun bmv battery monitor (from aliexpress) usually shows 90% by morning as we only use the 2 qlink ac/dc fans @ night. Charge controller is fangpusun 100/50 (also from aliexpress) and inverter is axpert 3kva about 110-115k from konga. Bought all myself and got an installer

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Clearance sale
3 no Bluegate 6kva online UPS available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tipzy001: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
Namzy:

Got the tds meter from AliExpress. I believe manuel enterprise here sells that luminous for a cheaper price. I use 4×340w [jinko and Era solar panels]. Bought the era for 44k if i can remember. The Jinko panels were more expensive. I hardly use the batteries as the solar is sufficient to run my loads from 8am to 5pm then @ 6pm the compound generator comes on and off by 9.30pm. My fangpusun bmv battery monitor (from aliexpress) usually shows 90% by morning as we only use the 2 qlink ac/dc fans @ night. Charge controller is fangpusun 100/50 (also from aliexpress) and inverter is axpert 3kva about 110-115k from konga. Bought all myself and got an installer
Okay Sir, thank you very much for these information. I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by khattab008: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
olaolu11:

As has been said earlier, modified sine wave inverters are not the best. Aside technicalities, the characteristics humming noise is always a problem.

70 watts for a standing fan is on the high side to me. While searching for a low wattfan to buy, i discovered addrakk, qasa, century and boscon. I settled for boscon because it was the best sturdy wise(why buy fan that doesnt look strong and sturdy?) Qasa has lower power consumption(33watts)but doesnt look strong enough compared to boscon(40watts). Its blade is 18 inches as against 16 inches that is common. It was advertised for 22k-24k online but I got it for 17k haven connected to seller at alaba. Will post picture later.

Thanks for the recommendation and advice, I failed to do a comprehensive research before agreeing with the installers recommendations, I'll settle for a new inverter and a more energy efficient fan.

generalstingz:

Get qasa AC/DC fan. Max consumption is ~26watts

Thanks

ceaser:

Get 12v DC fans that are available on Jumia and Konga for as low as 14k for the 16 inches blade. They are non-rechargeable but can be hooked to your inverter (via included AC pack) or directly to your 12v battery source or hooked directly to your 50 watts 12v solar panels.

Thanks

saint2ace:

It's unfortunate cos I actually wanted a pure sine wave inverter and it has a sticker of pure sine wave boldly imprinted on it.

I have a 1500w capacity of a similar Chinese inverter brand that works well. This is just unfortunate. But if I can't get a means of confirming the true sine wave of the inverter, I'll just return it and count my losses.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the modified sine wave for now, I'm working towards replacing soon with a pure sine wave.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:29am On Apr 20, 2020
ojeysky:

How much did you get this? And reference
17000 excluding transport from alaba. Was waybilled to me. Contact is +234 803 319 8350.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Penuelseun:
My problem with most of psw inverters is the high self consumption, I use a msw souer 1000w inverter whose self consumption is around 8watts thereby making the battery last very long compared to a normal inverter. Maybe it is also because of the ferrite core transformer in it compared to the iron core in most of the other inverters that is the determinant, I have also been using it with my electronics for a little over a year with no effect albeit humming from the ceiling fan which is bearable. Which brand is your psw inverter by the way

Luminous 900 ecovolt.
I have never looked at the consumption, you know. I shall check it. The person that procured it for me opened it and misplaced the manual. I have asked him severally to no avail. I even posted here on nairaland if anyone has one that can be snapped and forwarded to me or has a soft copy of it. I also contacted their office. But it seems simba is their sole distributor here in nigeria. I hope i shall remember to contact them in the morning.
How do i check the power consumption without manual? Place it on and off the panel and confirm from the cc? My cc does not display consumption, it is a no name pwm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:50am On Apr 20, 2020
ceaser:

grin lol. Badu belle
I pray God gives you the financial strenght soon to hop on the lithium wagon.

Hopefully the lowering price keeps its trajectory and naira does not further plummet against the dollar. And of course may vendors not flood the market with fakes so that the lithium experience is not bastardised for everyone.
Amin o. Thanks jare. You can still do better, send your bank details and your atm pin(the one that has plenty money in it o). Lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:52am On Apr 20, 2020
ceaser:

Get 12v DC fans that are available on Jumia and Konga for as low as 14k for the 16 inches blade. They are non-rechargeable but can be hooked to your inverter (via included AC pack) or directly to your 12v battery source or hooked directly to your 50 watts 12v solar panels.

All those 16 inch blade looks like toy fan to me jare. I prefer 18 inches
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:58am On Apr 20, 2020
[quote author=justcallmenuel post=88610031]32inches LG solar televisions is available, #35000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Solar tv? Or you mean dc tv.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 20, 2020
I found from testing the PH from bottled water such as Eva Water is almost the same as distilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCEvj3KRO6s

adrusa:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2020
@tipzy001.
I like your spirit. Always do due dilligence before you agree with seller/installer. And ask questions. Many "installers" dont know what they are doing. Someone posted about an installer using a 24v cc for a 48v system!.
Always go online to look at reviews of products in terms of price, durability, functionality etc before you comit yourself. If posible, ask for sample, comit the specs to memory and then check as against what the seller tells you. The exercising a little restraint at times to view different opinions on this thread may make the difference between a good system and poor system. Also read on how to calculate load, system configuration etc so that you can have an idea of what the installer is doing. A seller once almost sold 6mm wire for me as 10mm somply because 10awg was written on it. 10 awg is not 10mm. He was banking on my seeing "10". Read up sir, you wont regret you did. The person that introduced me to alternative energy about 5years ago has bought and used 5 "no name" batteries while i only recently changed the leoch battery we bought. He has bought another battery after me and it is already giving him problem. I admit battery is dependent on good management practice but i know what i am saying. We live in same place. I have advised him severally but he is too wise. Do not listen to sellers but users, every seller wants to sell his product. In the midrange batteries, i observed from comments that quanta, sukam, and one other whose name does not readilycome to mind are the reasonable. Though i dont use any of them. My pocket and common sense dictates my choices.

@essegis.
No be we fault o. Soup wey sweet.... But as dough no come dey nko? I like cadillac but na keke napep my money reach buy. Wetin i go do?
We all know what is the best. When people see me use light 24/7 and ask the cost, they dont come back. And my system is a subsistence one at that.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:35am On Apr 20, 2020
mctfopt:

What's the issue with the Victron inverter? Thought they are the coveted crème de la crème of inverters. I like your system. I'm a huge fan of Schneider products. Your pumping machine is not a power guzzler for it to be on and you are still not hitting 1kw in consumption. The WECO battery looks portable just like the Powerwall. I see the sellers also partners with Relion lithium batteries. Relion is an ok battery, saw some comparison videos of it with Battleborn. Even though Battleborn won, Relion came a close second. Well done, your system is awesome.
Thank you. Victron and I have been feuding for the last 12 months so I dumped them. They are too full of themselves. The Schneider XW+ is a superior product. Outback also makes much better equipment than they do
I have 1 hp water pump, 2 refrigerators and a freezer. I also run a 1 hp AC during the day and at night.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: btee13(m), toscotech(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.