Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,219 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2088858 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tchijioke: 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojeysky:
Finally MPP is sending me a replacement board for my GK (the Comms panel was not the pro, it was the main board), but they are sending me 5kva instead.....guess they are out of stock on 3kva Boards, I screamed at them small sha.

However, I think it's blessing in disguise just that the blessing means more expenses for me as I need to now go 48v. I will be putting up some of my 24v backup LFP gears up for sale to anyone interested soon.
Waiting anxiously for the highlighted
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
You are clearly a man of the purest devotion to his art/dedication to his passion - if you are willing to swap out a functional bank of 24 LFP just because you got a 48v board replacement grin

I foresee some cool moves in your future boss!!!

ojeysky:
Finally MPP is sending me a replacement board for my GK (the Comms panel was not the pro, it was the main board), but they are sending me 5kva instead.....guess they are out of stock on 3kva Boards, I screamed at them small sha.

However, I think it's blessing in disguise just that the blessing means more expenses for me as I need to now go 48v. I will be putting up some of my 24v backup LFP gears up for sale to anyone interested soon.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
30w felicity all in one solar street light available, #80000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
2kva 24v Ss power inverter available, #100000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
tetralogyfallot:
its N500 naira here in kano

1k na Abuja price grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
essegis:

Guys, just got the delivery of the 2nd set of batteries in today. What's left now is the 38120 cells. Too bad I'm still locked up at work. Hopefully, I will get down to some working when I finally get out.

Ojeysky, as the BYD don come early so I might actually be picking up that 24v charger you got. Hope you are still game. I cannot top balance these guys cell wise while I was actually expecting the 38120 cells before these. Courier say na Corona cause them to come anyhow, who am I to argue?

Super interested to see the end product of this your awesome system. You went all in on LFP cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
justcallmenuel:
2kva 24v Ss power inverter available, #100000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

What's the maximum charging current like? Can someone play around with the output voltage or is it set to a particular voltage?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Namzy:

So you can use that board on your 24v mpp?

According to MPP yes, will see when it arrives wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
ojeysky:

Congrats on the free upgrade.

Meanwhile I just finished my order for 24v/100ah LFP about 36hrs ago and now you're just coming out with this. Na wa for you o.

But I think if you are able to get more 3.2v/100ah prismatic LFPs (I strongly believe that's what your pack is made of) and a 48v BMS, you should be able to reconfigure your battery to 48v.

Were you able to use the MPP and the LFP battery with air conditioner satisfactorily?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
Good day, everyone. What capacity of Inverter can power 1KW transmitter conveniently without issues? I was suggesting 48V/5KW
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
You are clearly a man of the purest devotion to his art/dedication to his passion - if you are willing to swap out a functional bank of 24 LFP just because you got a 48v board replacement grin

I foresee some cool moves in your future boss!!!

Lol..... let's just say it's my love for MPP and my curiosity on the 48v efficiency level in practice. Am expecting some cells which I intend to use for 24v and increase my capacity, will just reconfigure for 48v. It's still a long wait though, not going to happen this month. All depends on Bros covid-19 and naija govt
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
ceaser:

Congrats on the free upgrade.

Meanwhile I just finished my order for 24v/100ah LFP about 36hrs ago and now you're just coming out with this. Na wa for you o.

But I think if you are able to get more 3.2v/100ah prismatic LFPs (I strongly believe that's what your pack is made of) and a 48v BMS, you should be able to reconfigure your battery to 48v.

Were you able to use the MPP and the LFP battery with air conditioner satisfactorily?

Yeah the current bank I have actually has 16 105AHs and I may indeed reconfigure that but since I intend to sell off later will just make do until I do my planned upgrade. So no congratulations is due yet until the deed is done cool
However congratulations on your LFP purchase, is that a capacity increase or overhaul?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 11:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
mctfopt:

Super interested to see the end product of this your awesome system. You went all in on LFP cool

I am more eager knowing I bought all used modules. With the over ratings on LFP I'm still expecting some years from these set ups. If I can get them I will be the happiest man on earth.

Even if I don't get them it will be treated as a learning curve and I can only improve from here on in. As for Lead Acid? I think we have divorced finally.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
my inverter suddenly stopped charging with generator... what could be wrong?

secondly am moving into my home in August.
I need a breakdown of what can power these devices.

-six 5w bulbs (4 of the bulbs will be continuously on through the night from 6pm till dawn).

-a 60w led TV (the TV can reduce to about 30/40w with energy mode on).

-decoder.

-game console (this is about 170w, this will be used randomly at least 3 to 4hrs straight)

-three 30w standing fan (these will run through the night 6-6).

-a freezer ( not sure the rating. my current hisense refrigerator is 170w, I will consider to acquire a lower wattage deep freezer, this will run almost 24hrs, NEPA and generator inclusive).

I look forward to your quotes.
I am also willing to work with any nairalander as I am not a DIY guy (the numbers and terms here give me headaches lol).

thanks, Diddy.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:22am On Jun 03, 2020
essegis:

I am more eager knowing I bought all used modules. With the over ratings on LFP I'm still expecting some years from these set ups. If I can get them I will be the happiest man on earth.

Even if I don't get them it will be treated as a learning curve and I can only improve from here on in. As for Lead Acid? I think we have divorced finally.

Lead acid divorce is just so amicable smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:25am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

If it charges on NEPA, then check the generator's output frequency and voltage. Some inverters won't charge if the frequency is lower than 46Hz.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 3:02am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

-six 5w bulbs (4 of the bulbs will be continuously on through the night from 6pm till dawn).

-decoder.

-game console (this is about 170w, this will be used randomly at least 3 to 4hrs straight)

-a freezer ( not sure the rating. my current hisense refrigerator is 170w, I will consider to acquire a lower wattage deep freezer, this will run almost 24hrs, NEPA and generator inclusive).

I am also willing to work with any nairalander as I am not a DIY guy (the numbers and terms here give me headaches lol).

thanks, Diddy.

Lol. Different strokes for different folks. I prefer spending 20k on DIY than giving someone 10k for same job. Why?, DIY results in me acquiring knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:54am On Jun 03, 2020
ojeysky:

Yeah the current bank I have actually has 16 105AHs and I may indeed reconfigure that but since I intend to sell off later will just make do until I do my planned upgrade. So no congratulations is due yet until the deed is done cool
However congratulations on your LFP purchase, is that a capacity increase or overhaul?

Neither an increase nor an overhaul. Just an extra system. Meant for a different 24v system. The 12v LFPs are still very much in active service.

16 cells? That means your bank is 24v/200ah. I had it in mind it was 100ah all this while.

My question on your experience with your use of the LFP and MPP with an air condition is still unanswered.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:42am On Jun 03, 2020
ceaser:

Neither an increase nor an overhaul. Just an extra system. Meant for a different 24v system. The 12v LFPs are still very much in active service.

16 cells? That means your bank is 24v/200ah. I had it in mind it was 100ah all this while.

My question on your experience with your use of the LFP and MPP with an air condition is still unanswered.

Yes it's 200AH, it worked fine though I currently use felicity hybrid and that works also. My AC is GenPal but consumption is lower

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:54am On Jun 03, 2020
ojeysky:

Yes it's 200AH, it worked fine though I currently use ferocity hybrid and that works also. My AC is GenPal though so consumption is quite low

Good. I had doubts if the 24v/100ah will do fine on AC. The AC is the reason I got it and the set up will most likely power the AC only. Maybe occasionally other appliances like water dispenser or an extra fridge if it can give that allowance. But mainly it's for the AC.

How long d'you think the backup after sundown from 24v/100ah will be with your kind of AC? And the number of panels that'll be required?

There's a 60A MPPT on ground, thinking of getting one more in case panel requirements exceed that allowable by one pcs 60A MPPT. Also there's a 1200w/2400w pure wave on ground.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 6:55am On Jun 03, 2020
mctfopt:

If it charges on NEPA, then check the generator's output frequency and voltage. Some inverters won't charge if the frequency is lower than 46Hz.

hi gdm
I don't have NEPA connectivity only generator and my small solar setup
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 6:56am On Jun 03, 2020
olaolu11:

Lol. Different strokes for different folks. I prefer spending 20k on DIY than giving someone 10k for same job. Why?, DIY results in me acquiring knowledge.
I will definitely invite you over let's play with this. can you give me a quote as per what capacity I would need?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:04am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

hi gdm

Maybe you'll check it with another power source that may have the correct frequency. A NEPA source in another or a different generator.

In worst case scenario, I think you may get an external AC charger and use it on your batteries while you keep your inverter to do its own thing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2020
ceaser:

Good. I had doubts if the 24v/100ah will do fine on AC. The AC is the reason I got it and the set up will most likely power the AC only. Maybe occasionally other appliances like water dispenser or an extra fridge if it can give that allowance. But mainly it's for the AC.

How long d'you think the backup after sundown from 24v/100ah will be with your kind of AC? And the number of panels that'll be required?

There's a 60A MPPT on ground, thinking of getting one more in case panel requirements exceed that allowable by one pcs 60A MPPT. Also there's a 1200w/2400w pure wave on ground.

60A is already more than 0.5C so I think that's already okay. I usually don't charge my cells beyond 0.5C even though it can take 1C it could impact upon the lifespan in the long run. Your 24v/100AH should serve your AC well(especially if it's energy saving) it's just the duration that matters, I will suggest you apply a max discharge of 0.5C as well and then plan with that.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2020
olaolu11:

every Mallam with his kettle.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

hi gdm

What is the frequency of your generator?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2020
mctfopt:

What is the frequency of your generator?
hello gdm

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2020
generalstingz:

Available for grabs
Sunnko 709AD spot welder & pulse welding machine for battery pack 18650 14500 & other lithium batteries

Condition

Used and perfectly works
Soldering station port no functioning
One of the welding leads not functioning : the port with welding pens
Accessories attached

Grinder
Nickel strips
Fuses
Copper tips for welding.
N.B. The upper lead can be converted to a pen like format.

Price: 40K negotiable

SOLD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

hello gdm

That was my first inverter served me for several years until it was gifted out when I got a 1.5kva
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2020
ojeysky:

That was my first inverter served me for several years until it was gifted out when I got a 1.5kva
it's being very good for me too.
but suddenly stop charging with my gen.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

-decoder.

thanks, Diddy.

I still need this quotation pls, let me start buying gradually.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2020
tonididdy:

hello gdm

Oh, this inverter. It always has the issue of charger failing..There is this high possibility that the charger has failed. You can buy a 12v standalone charger to act as charger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.