Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068257 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dam5reey:

Not really

That test was based on Lead acid batteries and not Lithium..

On 48V you draw less current, on 24V you draw more current..

Since you have lithium, efficiency is the same when you draw 100A from 100Ah and when you draw 10A from 100Ah. No difference..

You have brought a new interesting perspective to this, while indeed there may be no major difference with lithium compared to lead acid a difference will still exist if we factor in conversion efficiency.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
60A 12/48v Fangpusun MPPT charge controller available, #135000.

80A 12/48v Fangpusun MPPT charge controller available, #155000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Malevonent:

dont see anything low energy about the AC, 2HP IS ABOUT 1.5KW. DIVIDIN BY 240V, YOU GET 6.25AMPS. SO WHERE IS THE low energy?..abi am missing something

grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
ojeysky:

You have brought a new interesting perspective to this, while indeed there may be no major difference with lithium compared to lead acid a difference will still exist if we factor in conversion efficiency.

Conversion efficiency, is not significant.

Using the same 3KW Inverter.
1500W load on 24V, 100AH can achieve 68 minutes.
And 1500W load on 24V, 200AH can achieve 164 minutes..

Let me shock you grin Just by increasing battery capacity you gained 20% capacity.

Are you telling that conversions efficiency is affected in Lithium too?

They stay at almost the same Voltage through out the discharge Circle.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
BRIGHTSOLAR:
ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

GROWATT INVERTER

3KVA /24V ₦240,000
5KVA/48V ₦350,000

ACCESSORIES

PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15A N7,000
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25A N9,000
BATTERY VOLTMETER INDICATOR ------------------#1,700

INSTALLATION KITS
L.FOOT N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)
MID CLAMP N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)
END CLAMP N1,000 (MINIMUM ORDER 10 PIECES)

Call-07058562938 Bright Energy

WHATSSAP 08187995847
FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY /INSTALLATION NATIONWIDE

visit our website

www.brightsenergy.com

Does it come with wifi or other communication interface?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2020
good morning all.
please looking at the ratings of this device
is it an ok buy?
which do you siggest to charge 2x220Ah batt3z

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2020
kiekie1:
Hybrid pure sinewave inverters :
Growatts 3kva 24v ........................ 230,000
Growatts 5kva 48v "pv 150vdc" .... 349,000
Growatts 5kva 48v "pv 450vdc" .... 370,000

JA Solar :
325w mono................60,000
390w mono ...............75,000

Jinko 390w mono .....76,000

Contact for enquiry & orders,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Call for your orders as usual ...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
tonididdy:
good morning all.
please looking at the ratings of this device
is it an ok buy?
which do you siggest to charge 2x220Ah batt3z

in this covid era??
there are cheaper and proven mppt charge controllers being sold by inhouse vendors like JUO, JUSTMANUEL, KIEKIE
JUO listed a 24v 100v fangpusun model for about 50k or less. aliexpress purchases now, na long thing

yeye spambot just released me

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
HURRY! DISCOUNTED PRICES!!

-SMK 40a mppt available ... 65k
-Felicity 24v 3.75kwh lithium batteries ... 400k
-Felicity 48v 7.5kwh lithium batteries ..... 750k

SMK mppt : Lcd display, user settings feature & lithium compatible.

Datasheet are also available on request !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tchijioke: 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
tonididdy:
my inverter suddenly stopped charging with generator... what could be wrong?

At the back of the inverter is the fuse...check it might be the culprit
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monakii: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
i have been directed to this thread by a good samarithan. inspite of dwelling on/in nairaland day and night i have never ran into this age long(about 10years) thread! Honestly, you guys are amazing and wonderful hereon

. How feasible/reliable/compatible can a USED 200ah battery of 24v charged with 2x 150w solar panel. i got an offer for the battery but its seems inconsistent with my targeted 300w energy

Its very urgent. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tonididdy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
monakii:
i have been directed to this thread by a good samarithan. inspite of dwelling on/in nairaland day and night i have never ran into this age long(about 10years) thread! Honestly, you guys are amazing and wonderful hereon

. How feasible/reliable/compatible can a USED 200ah battery of 24v charged with 2x 150w solar panel. i got an offer for the battery but its seems inconsistent with my targeted 300w energy

if you seek urgent response, then you are in the wrong place.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
tonididdy:

if you seek urgent response, then you are in the wrong place.
Meaning?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
monakii:

It really depends on the state of the batteries but I always assign 600watts solar panels to one 200ah battery to cover for inefficiencies. Why don't you state you power requirements here so we can start from there
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Penuelseun:
Meaning?

What he means is that you shouldn't expect to get swift response here all the time the way you will on messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram because most contributors on the thread are busy men and women.
So when you ask a question, wait for a response. But rest assured, someone will answer you when they're less busy. Welcome to the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monakii: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Penuelseun:
It really depends on the state of the batteries but I always assign 600watts solar panels to one 200ah battery to cover for inefficiencies. Why don't you state you power requirements here so we can start from there

thanks. response highly appreciated. the targeted power has been stated. anyway 300watts is targeted.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Can anyone kindly recommend a good energy friendly water dispenser (with fridge/freezer compartment)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
monakii:

yet coming back from another undeserved ban, guess its about time i stop posting on this thread and migrate fully to other reliable solar -diy forums.
to your questions, is the bolded true?. if 200ah 12v, then ur 2nits of 150 watts panel would only charge the battery halfway, and your inverter will mostly work during the day and shut down at night......if perchance you actually meant a battery bank of 200ah 24v, then your 300watts panel doesnt stand a chance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by terrymason(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
What's the moniker name that buys used Battery? (150A/12V 3Pcs Gel)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monakii: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
earthrealm:

yet coming back from another undeserved ban, guess its about time i stop posting on this thread and migrate fully to other reliable solar -diy forums.
to your questions, is the bolded true?. if 200ah 12v, then ur 2nits of 150 watts panel would only charge the battery halfway, and your inverter will mostly work during the day and shut down at night......if perchance you actually meant a battery bank of 200ah 24v, then your 300watts panel doesnt stand a chance

thanks bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
earthrealm:

Just experienced a first ban, it seem NL bot does not like NL URL to be shared within NL
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
mctfopt:

If it charges on NEPA, then check the generator's output frequency and voltage. Some inverters won't charge if the frequency is lower than 46Hz.
In my early years of inverter use, I had two of those. They were lifesavers despite the horrid hum my ceiling fans gave off. Caused lines on my diehard CRT TV, even powered my fridge albeit with the compressor nearly going into thermal meltdown, forcing the use of external cooling. One was given out early (fixed then gave it out) while the other one is still alive about 20 years later, in a neighbour's shop. Each time they went to the repair shop, it was for charging issues, especially when charging high resistance/large capacity or failing batteries. Inverter side never had issues beyond blown fuses and noisy fans. Take note of the words in bold. Failure is invariably in the charging section.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:03am On Jun 07, 2020
Saipro:

In my early years of inverter use, I had two of those. They were lifesavers despite the horrid hum my ceiling fans gave off. Caused lines on my diehard CRT TV, even powered my fridge albeit with the compressor nearly going into thermal meltdown, forcing the use of external cooling. One was given out early (fixed then gave it out) while the other one is still alive about 20 years later, in a neighbour's shop. Each time they went to the repair shop, it was for charging issues, especially when charging high resistance/large capacity or failing batteries. Inverter side never had issues beyond blown fuses and noisy fans. Take note of the words in bold. Failure is invariably in the charging section.

I've seen like two of the chargers fail under one year. I know the chargers are always the issue, funny it continues its work as an inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2020
mctfopt:

I've seen like two of the chargers fail under one year. I know the chargers are always the issue, funny it continues its work as an inverter.

One of the reasons I now go for external chargers. Over the years I have packed and condemned inverters with either bad chargers or bad inverters. Going together is NEVER a good combination.

Cheap Chinco "Reliable" I bought since 2016 is still doing the job, no chargers attached.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2020
ojeysky:
So I have just received delivery of adjustable voltage and current Lithium charger, and I got 2 spares each 12/24v for anyone interested.
12v - 50k, 24v - 70k.
Picture shows an LFP cell charging at 3.56v

Still available for anyone interested
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2020
earthrealm:

Don't migrate yet o, biko. You're not alone in the frustration. I feel it's the mod that is in charge of this thread that should do the needful. If he is part of active users of this thread and has not seemed it fit to do the needful, then I'd say he/she is one sadomasochistic scum and a sicko.

But let's cut him/her a slack and assume that they're not aware that the roBOT they programmed has apparently evolved to break the rule of "harm no human" for a while now.

Don't know how to ping dem mods.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2020
ojeysky:

Just experienced a first ban, it seem NL bot does not like NL URL to be shared within NL

I actually wonder if a mod is behind the bans. If it was a programme then I have not been banned for posting NL links. But if you're banned for that, then that is selective and it's either the ban is by a sicko mod or the programme is going berserk.

I noticed that bans can also be earned by typing something as harmless as Lion EighteenSixFifty in numbers. And of course posting other numbers from solar calculation sequentially also does.

We work with numbers on this thread, so any sensible mod should know to make exemptions by now.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MurderEnglish(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2020
This is a wonderful thread. I just came across this today. I believe my energy problems will be met here.

Can any one help me?.

These are my power needs
1. Max. 3 laptops
2. Max. 4 phones
3. Max. 4 power banks 20,000 (80,000) mAH
4. Bluetooth speaker (it can be charged)
5. Rechargeable fan
6. Reading lamp
7. Led light
8. A flat screen TV maybe.

It's a single room, I think I need it to charge with NEPA or Generator (Mikano).

How much should I budget based on my power needs and how efficient will the whole setup lasts energy wise and longevity wise?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aizakun(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2020
pls some one should help me calculate my flat power needs
1 PC 65 inches Smart TV
1 PC 43 inches smart
1 pc 32 inches LED TV
3 ceiling fans
12 energy saving bulbs 18;watts
thank you as I patiently wait answers
I want to purchase batteries and solar panel and mppt charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
aizakun:
pls some one should help me calculate my flat power needs
1 PC 65 inches Smart TV
1 PC 43 inches smart
1 pc 32 inches LED TV
3 ceiling fans
12 energy saving bulbs 18;watts
thank you as I patiently wait answers
I want to purchase batteries and solar panel and mppt charge controller

You can only get help on calculation if you provide the actual wattage of the appliances just like you did for the bulbs

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ixyi(m), kristien4(m), CreepyBlackpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.