Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,745 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050770 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
aizakun:
pls some one should help me calculate my flat power needs
1 PC 65 inches Smart TV
1 PC 43 inches smart
1 pc 32 inches LED TV
3 ceiling fans
12 energy saving bulbs 18;watts
thank you as I patiently wait answers
I want to purchase batteries and solar panel and mppt charge controller

Your LED TVs consumption are usually twice the inches size at full blast, so except they all have power saver (energy saving mode), then you are in for some power guzzling.

65 inches smart - Approx 135 watts
43 inches smart - Approx 80 watts
32 inches - Approx 70 watts
Ceiling fans - I don't have much idea about those.
Energy saving bulbs: I'll wager those are CFL. 18watts in 12 places is a whopping 216 watts

For your bulbs, I'll suggest you jettison those CFLs for LED bulbs. 5 watts LED bulb equates about 18 watts CFL in lumen. So your 12 bulbs in LED will give you like 60 watts which is very manageable.

Your watts total around 345 watts (approx 350 watts). You even get to reduce it further to less than half of that if your TVs are power savers. I also believe not all appliances will be in use simultaneously, maybe one TV at any one time will be working.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
mcTrinity:

Hi Expertt,

You need only 132 units of 200Ah Lead-Acid Battery to give you 6600Ah Battery Bank (@48V and 50% DoD) that you need...

You also need 160 units of 300W PV Modules to give you 48KW PV Array that you need...

You also want to know how many Charge Controllers you'll need

Cheers

You even started the savagery politely...grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aizakun(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
ceaser:

Your LED TVs consumption are usually twice the inches size at full blast, so except they all have power saver (energy saving mode), then you are in for some power guzzling.

65 inches smart - Approx 135 watts
43 inches smart - Approx 80 watts
32 inches - Approx 70 watts
Ceiling fans - I don't have much idea about those.
Energy saving bulbs: I'll wager those are CFL. 18watts in 12 places is a whopping 216 watts

For your bulbs, I'll suggest you jettison those CFLs for LED bulbs. 5 watts LED bulb equates about 18 watts CFL in lumen. So your 12 bulbs in LED will give you like 60 watts which is very manageable.

Your watts total around 345 watts (approx 350 watts). You even get to reduce it further to less than half of that if your TVs are power savers. I also believe not all appliances will be in use simultaneously, maybe one TV at any one time will be working.
thanks,so the battery and solar panels I need,will it be lower than what ojesky suggested since I will be using LED bulbs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
aizakun:

thanks,so the battery and solar panels I need,will it be lower than what ojesky suggested since I will be using LED bulbs?

If you reduce your load to half of what was calculated, the number of batteries and panels you'll need will also be reduced by half or nearly half.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
mctfopt:

The type I have seen are all 100w+ and I wonder if that's the normal for it. Especially as they have also have heating element.

The heating unit usually have a different switch that enables its control by choice. Flipping that switch on can increase the total consumption to as much as 850 watts. However the freezer compartment alone is usually below 100 watts

There was a time I had to go hunting for one. I checked a shop that had up to 30 different brands. The least freezer compartment consumption I could find was around 89 watts. I just dropped the idea of acquiring one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
aizakun:

It won't be lower than what has been prescribed. But lower loads will make you enjoy things more.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
mcTrinity:

Hi Expertt,

You need only 132 units of 200Ah Lead-Acid Battery to give you 6600Ah Battery Bank (@48V and 50% DoD) that you need...

You also need 160 units of 300W PV Modules to give you 48KW PV Array that you need...

Cheers

Jesu Christy!
And he should be prepared to change the batteries regularly due to unbalanced issues.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Expertt:
I already have 25kva diseal Gen, am planning for 20kva Inverter but I need to know the number of 200ah batteries and 300w mono solar panels that will be able to run 12kw load for at least 12hrs
I think you will be better off acquiring different inverters for your machines with their individual batteries, I believe that will be more efficient
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
eleojo23:

You even started the savagery politely...grin grin

Lolzz
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
mank1234:

Jesu Christy!
And he should be prepared to change the batteries regularly due to unbalanced issues.

Well, it's just 33 strings... If they're paralleled through a bus bar, he should be fine. And maybe also use Balancer.... Just 33 balancers cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zub(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hello house. Please who knows of has used Proton H inverters, how reliable and good are their product? Also, what do you think about prag H-inverter. Are they also reliable? Thinking of getting any of the 2 but confused as to which is rugged and serve me well. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Expertt: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
I appreciate everyone for your nice contributions, I was actually thinking of paralleling some of these hybrid Inverters that has battery less mod, like once advertised by MPPSolar whether it could require less number of batteries since load will only be used during the day when sun is up. So I think I should continue on Gen for now maybe in future I will have what it takes to go completely solar. Thank you very much guys.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Expertt:
I appreciate everyone for your nice contributions, I was actually thinking of paralleling some of these hybrid Inverters that has battery less mod, like once advertised by MPPSolar whether it could require less number of batteries since load will only be used during the day when sun is up. So I think I should continue on Gen for now maybe in future I will have what it takes to go completely solar. Thank you very much guys.

Should have actually made this intention known, instead of just saying you want to know the number of batteries and panels to run 12kw loads for 12hrs...

That setup is very possible where you'll only have need for minimal number of batteries. There's a combo of Victron Quattro and Fronius that'll give you that perfect setup. For a very proper design and cost, you might want to contact Solar Depot.

MPPSolar users can also help you out if the system can adequately do that..

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2020
ceaser:

The heating unit usually have a different switch that enables its control by choice. Flipping that switch on can increase the total consumption to as much as 850 watts. However the freezer compartment alone is usually below 100 watts

There was a time I had to go hunting for one. I checked a shop that had up to 30 different brands. The least freezer compartment consumption I could find was around 89 watts. I just dropped the idea of acquiring one.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks to mcTrinity as well. I think I have enough info now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2020
Expertt:

The batteryless model (GK series) does not support parallel option, you can however work around it with proper load separation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2020
I would like to know too.
zub:
Hello house. Please who knows of has used Proton H inverters, how reliable and good are their product? Also, what do you think about prag H-inverter. Are they also reliable? Thinking of getting any of the 2 but confused as to which is rugged and serve me well. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2020
UPDATED QUANTA 12v BATTERY PRICELIST!

200ah..... 150,000
160ah...... 130,000
150ah..... 125 sleek
130ah...... 100,000
120ah.......99,000
100ah...... 92,000 sleek
65ah ....... 62,000
26ah........ 40,000
18ah.........28,000
7ah ......... 8200

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
mcTrinity:

Hi Expertt,

Cheers

grin grin grin grin you forgot to add the cost element.
lemme helep you
cost of 1 unit 12v 200ah battery is between 100k to 200k depending on brand
cost of 300w solar panel is between 40 to 70k, depenidning on brand.

hope now, you understand why people arent interested in answering your question, the cost is humoungous..and makes no sense running such loads on inverter grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
REACH US FOR EFFICIENT INVERTER/SOLAR MATERIAL SUPPLIES & INSTALLATIONS!

Snapshots below gives you an insight of a well sized & efficient pv system powering an apartment with a split AC running .. Batteries are optimally charged by solar system to float level on daily basis !

Sir's/Ma's, feel free to contact us if keenly interested in our services ...

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
Wind turbine available for order in 48v 3000 watts "350k" & 3600 watts "380k" specs respectively !

Contact,

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
kiekie1:
Wind turbine available for order in 48v 3000 watts "350k" & 3600 watts "380k" specs respectively !

Contact,

nice one frankie.
what are the actual harvests you have seen from the wind turbines?
i choose not to believe the 3600w tag on them, abi they meant 3600wh daily harvest?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
Malevonent:

nice one frankie.
what are the actual harvests you have seen from the wind turbines?
i choose not to believe the 3600w tag on them, abi they meant 3600wh daily harvest?

Hello, I will update more on these soon .. Stay tuned !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
MADE IN GERMANY BATTERY AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!

Hoppecke Sunpower vrm 12v 150a battery
Price "above one unit........... 172,000
Unit price ......... 175,000

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by folash: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please how much is it going to cost to set up a solar inverter that can conveniently power a 43" led tv, 2 standing fans, 6 energy saving bulb, a freezer, and can last for about 12hrs a day?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Expertt: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
earthrealm:

grin grin grin grin you forgot to add the cost element.
lemme helep you
cost of 1 unit 12v 200ah battery is between 100k to 200k depending on brand
cost of 300w solar panel is between 40 to 70k, depenidning on brand.

hope now, you understand why people arent interested in answering your question, the cost is humoungous..and makes no sense running such loads on inverter grin grin

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expertt:

You can check Growatt SPF5000TL-ES model , Max PV input voltage is at 450V and can parallel 6units and at 48V,

So, you can use this for your load.

Also you may need to incorporate a soft starter to kill the high start up current draw from the motors when theya re switched on which is as high ads 300%.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Good day Sir - I agree with everyone that a system design scope such as this is beyond the purview of DIY.

That said, it may be very useful to decide are these loads going to run during the day time only? In that case you are looking at more solar panels and fewer batteries (just enough to cover energy transients). Something in the direction of an AC coupled solution.

If the loads will run mostly at night then more batteries would be required to run 12 hours. A mix of Gen time and battery backup time (run the Gen at near its sustainable peak) for a few hours every night to give the batteries some boost/juice may be cheaper than going all out on batteries.

Whatever you do that involves batteries at this scale, please avoid 12v batteries - rather go for industrial grade 2v lead acid or lead carbon or better yet Lithium batteries so you get a stable and long lived system.

While a single inverter of suitable rating may power 12kw continuous, it may be best to spread the load around 3 smaller inverters for fault tolerance - perhaps some of the loads are even 3 phase? In that case, a 3 phase setup using Victron or similar inverter is ideal - all can share thesame battery bank or different battery banks as design parameters dictate.

Expertt:
Good day all, please how many batteries and solar panels can power a 15kw Inverter for 12 hours assuming the total load on the Inverter is 12kw continuously for 12 hours . Note: the load consists of mainly pumps, electric motors and 1kw electric heater. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
folash:
Please how much is it going to cost to set up a solar inverter that can conveniently power a 43" led tv, 2 standing fans, 6 energy saving bulb, a freezer, and can last for about 12hrs a day?

Start thinking above 500k first

Battery
Panels
Inverter
Charger controllers

Even with the cheapest chiko material
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
spartacus11:

Start thinking above 500k first

Battery
Panels
Inverter
Charger controllers

Even with the cheapest chiko material

It will be a miracle if 500k does that reliably
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
ojeysky:

It will be a miracle if 500k does that reliably

Yes ohhh. Is not even enough, bcus that is the boat i am in right now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
grin grin grin grin this people should not copy our NEPA ohhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFHDpErtNP0

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
Any lithium builder in Naija abeg i want to learn work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnQ87Fvsk4

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Danibestguy, omonla5, Mcderu(m), adrusa, AllyPolly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.