Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2071193 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
ojesymsym:
I think I understand what you mean. You want the AC to shut down when temperature is already around 22 degrees centigrade right?
Okay, the blue knob allows for temperature down to a set value. You are right.
Can that thing handle the current requirement of an AC? I do not think so, it says there 2amps.

Check well. It says 10A at 250v. Good enough for a 1HP system. If something can handle a heater, I doubt it'll have a 2A maximum current rating.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Even though I consider 10A too small, but I do not understand the 10 and the 2 in the bracket in their description.
mctfopt:

Check well. It says 10A at 250v. Good enough for a 1HP system. If something can handle a heater, I doubt it'll have a 2A maximum current rating.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Fairly used 300w high quality poly panels"uncommon 72 cells" loading at 27k....Limited stock!

Condition: All performing great . Interested buyers can carry out their brief test

2 units left

Location: Abule-egba , Lagos but can be waybilled to any state as usual under buyers expense !

Feel free to contact me backstage asap if keenly interested as usual smiley

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
#Aliexpress NGN 437,005.08 | Home Solar Ac Air Conditioner Solar Energy System Powered Without Batteries 9000Btu 12000Btu 18000Btu 24000Btu
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSqwuYY
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
garbamaza:
#Aliexpress NGN 437,005.08 | Home Solar Ac Air Conditioner Solar Energy System Powered Without Batteries 9000Btu 12000Btu 18000Btu 24000Btu
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSqwuYY

I came across this home solar air conditioner, purely operated with solar panels without need for batteries. Gentle men, I need your suggestions about this product.
Thank for your possible urgent responses.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
mctfopt:

The blue one. The idea is to save energy. You don't want the AC to be running when temperature is ok and draining juice needed by other devices.

I think inverter ACs have a way of saving energy when the room temperature reaches the desired preset.

That's one of the ways they are able to save energy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
ceaser:

I think inverter ACs have a way of saving energy when the room temperature reaches the desired preset.

That's one of the ways they are able to save energy.

Not really, at least not the inverter ACs I've seen. They continue drawing some current even when the room is cold.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
garbamaza:

I came across this home solar air conditioner, purely operated with solar panels without need for batteries. Gentle men, I need your suggestions about this product.

It looks like a grid tie system. Not really something you will want if you are solely off-grid as I see where it is stated it automatically switches over to mains if the solar generated is not enough ie during cloudy times and at night. But it looks like something designed to help reduce cost of electricity/reduce cost of diesel (from DG) in offices that operate during the day that has a generator at work. In my opinion I think you are better off getting a low power system run off batteries that you can use at all time. But it all depends on what you want to achieve with it considering you may be looking at a system that reduces cost of electricity during sunny days/ reduce cost of fuel during the day.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Penuelseun:
Transfer time is also in milliseconds, an indicator can be installed. Just my opinion.

I agree entirely. My transfer is so fast that my TV and DSTV decoders don't realize that power source has changed.
You can also add a manual control and indicator of your choice.
Most importantly you can use a timer, or an esp wifi relay like sonoff basic to activate remote, manual and automatic control.
The only problem I have is that the 2NO 2NC contactors I use are becoming scarce in the market.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kodartech: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
saint2ace:

What's the duration of the payment plans i.e number of months. And what's the total for each plan?
48 months
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kodartech: 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
saint2ace:

What's the duration of the payment plans i.e number of months. And what's the total for each plan?
48 months
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 11:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
earthrealm:

i mean panel to cc.you need 35mm, if you line up the panels in 4p1s
since Voc is 100v, change the setup to 2s2p...and observe, 10mm is the recommended cable size, 6mm, you will have some losses.
ooh, looks very big to be just a CC alone, for a 20m run, that your design is wrong for the system you outlined above, it would be performing sub optimally,

Resistance increases with length
The reason different wire lengths bear different ratings is because the electrical resistance builds up as the cable gets longer. At that point, up-sizing the power cable will restore the voltage to its intended level.

Acceptable Power Loss
Undersizing the wire size will result in excessive power (watts) being lost in the wires rather than delivered to the load (battery bank, inverter. Typically we recommend the power loss below 5%.

Voltage Drop
A 5% voltage drop causes an approximate 10% loss in light output. Voltage drop causes a nearly proportional drop in light output. A voltage drop greater than 5% will reduce this necessary voltage difference, and can reduce charge current to the battery by a much greater percentage. Our general recommendation here is to size for a 2-3% voltage drop. If you think that the PV array may be expanded in the future, size the wire for future expansion.

Don't choke the flow of power
On the other hand, installing too large a wire gauge doesn't really have a downside, but there is the potential for better performance. Obviously, there's no need to buy 2-gauge wiring when 10-gauge will do. That kind of overkill would be a waste of money. But if the calculator could lean either way between two sizes, going with the larger wire size would be the smart choice.
Wow... Truly I left the wire size unnoticed. Instead of going for another wire, I will prefer the 2S2P for now. I will provide feedback on the performance. Thank you very much. [/quote] I did as you stated and there is now a great improvement. But the Max input voltage is 70V. I don't know if it can handle the voltage from the array when the sun is at peak
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 12:00am On Jun 19, 2020
garbamaza:

It is actually working as stated. We have in stock here in Nigeria. Lagos Lekki phase1 to be precise.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:59am On Jun 19, 2020
Peeps........... This inverter is up for sale
Condition-- Used (in good working condition)
Make-- Prag
Capacity-- 6.5kva /5Kw
D.c input-- 48v
Price-- 190k
Contact- zero seven zero six four eight three zero one two one.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 3:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Side view...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:08am On Jun 19, 2020
ojtech8291:
It is actually working as stated. We have in stock here in Nigeria. Lagos Lekki phase1 to be precise.

What's the price tag?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2020
earthrealm:

I mean a pic showing the whole setup/wiring.
Wanna compare the aesthetics vis a vis the cost with the ATS
Cost about 3k to setup, used a 12v adapter to energize the relays

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2020
kiekie1:
Fairly used 300w high quality poly panels"uncommon 72 cells" loading at 27k....Limited stock!

Condition: All performing great . Interested buyers can carry out their brief test

2 units left

Location: Abule-egba , Lagos but can be waybilled to any state as usual under buyers expense !

Feel free to contact me backstage asap if keenly interested as usual smiley

Contact,

SOLD!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2020
Brand New USA Trojan batteries now available @ Discounted prices ...

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 11:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Please RE House,;
Good morning!
I am trying to upgrade my solar installation and I need advise from experienced members, installers and seller in house.
I currently has 4 X 200Ah AGM battery, which have served very well, I am undecided on either going for 8 X 200Ah or I should port to Lithium Battery (LiFePO4)
I know LiFePO4 is better in performance, you can derive more juice from it compare to AGM, I know all that stuff.
But more on value for money,
1. Is these LiFePO4 reliable
2. What's the failure rate like, in AGM battery bank you can replace a failed single unit (though not advised)
3. What's user experience, any user experience?
4. What are good model / manufacturer to consider for value for money
5. What do you advise; buy the AGM or buy the LiFeP04

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2020
bodeface:
Please RE House,;
Good morning!
I am trying to upgrade my solar installation and I need advise from experienced members, installers and seller in house.
I currently has 4 X 200Ah AGM battery, which have served very well, I am undecided on either going for 8 X 200Ah or I should port to Lithium Battery (LiFePO4)
I know LiFePO4 is better in performance, you can derive more juice from it compare to AGM, I know all that stuff.
But more on value for money,
1. Is these LiFePO4 reliable
2. What's the failure rate like, in AGM battery bank you can replace a failed single unit (though not advised)
3. What's user experience, any user experience?
4. What are good model / manufacturer to consider for value for money
5. What do you advise; buy the AGM or buy the LiFeP04

Thanks

1- very reliable

2- the failure rate is very unlikely, yeah even if any cell pack is bad u can replace it but most times all there need is for u to balance ur battery pack

3- there are user experience here but u can check some of my past posts as at last week to see some YouTube reviews

4- there are premium brands as well as brands that are not too know but stlll value for money

5- Buy lifepo4 , and have rest of mind without babysitting you battery bank, no worries of not having a full charge everyday, have more juices to use.

Go for Lifepo4 please, More value for money

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
@spartacus11
Thanks for elaborate explanation and encouragement to go for LiFeP04. Can you kindly give examples for your point number 4 below?
Appreciate more views from users

1- very reliable

2- the failure rate is very unlikely, yeah even if any cell pack is bad u can replace it but most times all there need is for u to balance ur battery pack

3- there are user experience here but u can check some of my past posts as at last week to see some YouTube reviews

4- there are premium brands as well as brands that are not too know but stlll value for money

5- Buy lifepo4 , and have rest of mind without babysitting you battery bank, no worries of not having a full charge everyday, have more juices to use.

Go for Lifepo4 please, More value for money

[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
bodeface i likely don't know the technical term to use, you may want to watch this, it will help a bit in clarify that of the premium brand and other brands

spartacus11:

I had to check up the 2 battery u listed Battleborn and ruixu omo Lead Acid fall our hand ohhhh

See lithium dey blaze

Lead acid was able to pish to 67Ah why lifepo4 dey do 93Ah and 95Ah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVxvBkeY0UY
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
So I went shopping today hoping to get a low power consumption freezer, a bigger size actually cos I run a 203L (114 watts) already. I saw a thermocool 260L that has 110 watts on the nameplate. A similar looking one (same product and volume but different colour) has 104w slapped on the nameplate. I saw a double door Thermocool 300L with 130 watts, yet I saw another 300L double door Thermocool inverter with 140 watts on it.

That's when I got confused.

Two products (the same manufacturer and volume but one is inverter freezer and the other is not. But the inverter has higher watts (140 watts) than the regular one (130 watts).

Sadly in all these, I forgot to take the wattmeter along.

Biko, what is now inverter about the freezer if the watts is higher than that of the regular? Or am I missing something?

Please o, anyone experienced should enlighten me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
ceaser:
So I went shopping today hoping to get a low power consumption freezer, a bigger size actually cos I run a 203L (114 watts) already. I saw a thermocool 260L that has 110 watts on the nameplate. A similar looking one (same product and volume but different colour) has 104w slapped on the nameplate. I saw a double door Thermocool 300L with 130 watts, yet I saw another 300L double door Thermocool inverter with 140 watts on it.

That's when I got confused.

Two products (the same manufacturer and volume but one is inverter freezer and the other is not. But the inverter has higher watts (140 watts) than the regular one (130 watts).

Sadly in all these, I forgot to take the wattmeter along.

Biko, what is now inverter about the freezer if the watts is higher than that of the regular? Or am I missing something?

Please o, anyone experienced should enlighten me.

i had the same challenge, back then JUO posted an LG inverter fridge, that he claimed consumed 30w, i traced the fridge, and found it, the energy nameplate on it is 110w abi 100w, got me confused. on LG website, the put 265kwh/yr as the annual consumption of the fridge, which if you divide by 365, you would get about 30w. the theory i think is that after working for some time, say 24hrs..i believe the energy consumption gradually drops to below 30w, Juo confirmed that his fridge records zero watts for some periods, so to enjoy these inverter appliances, i have deduced, its best they are powered 247, thats when you get the max energy savings...

the haier inverter fridge, is it frost free?
i am interested on this your fridge waka, pls keep us updated, jumia now has 13amps watt meter for 6500naira, incase you are in need of one

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
earthrealm:

i had the same challenge, back then JUO posted an LG inverter fridge, that he claimed consumed 30w, i traced the fridge, and found it, the energy nameplate on it is 110w abi 100w, got me confused. on LG website, the put 265kwh/yr as the annual consumption of the fridge, which if you divide by 365, you would get about 30w. the theory i think is that after working for some time, say 24hrs..i believe the energy consumption gradually drops to below 30w, Juo confirmed that his fridge records zero watts for some periods, so to enjoy these inverter appliances, i have deduced, its best they are powered 247, thats when you get the max energy savings...

Thanks for the explanation.

earthrealm:
the haier inverter fridge, is it frost free?
i am interested on this your fridge waka, pls keep us updated, jumia now has 13amps watt meter for 6500naira, incase you are in need of one

I don't think the freezer is frost free cos it's written on it that it keeps things frozen up to 96 hours after power failure. I believe it's the frost that does that.

Sadly, the shop I checked, that inverter freezer unit was the last on the shelf and already taken. The price was 320k. The non-inverter one is 300k. I would have gone for it if I didn't see/know that the inverter version exists. The shop was almost empty, covid things precluded restocking.

Now I have to start scouting for inverter freezer all over the place grin

My wattmeter still functions, but I only forgot to take it along.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
ceaser:

Thanks for the explanation.

I don't think the freezer is frost free cos it's written on it that it keeps things frozen up to 96 hours after power failure. I believe it's the frost that does that.

Sadly, the shop I checked, that inverter freezer unit was the last on the shelf and already taken. The price was 320k. The non-inverter one is 300k. I would have gone for it if I didn't see/know that the inverter version exists. The shop was almost empty, covid things precluded restocking.

Now I have to start scouting for inverter freezer all over the place grin

My wattmeter still functions, but I only forgot to take it along.

on my 4 batt setup, since i installed the 280w x 6 panels, my 130w freezer has been on 247, and my battery bank is unfazed. however, i get phcn about 8 to 12 hrs daily. so am now certain my setup can conveniently handle a 130w freezer 247, and an inverter fridge 247 as well. or worst case.. i line up the ATS grin & timer switch on the freezer and leave the inverter fridge i intend to buy to run 247

i had excess energy today, and decided to power the sumo with my 4kva mustpower inverter, the sumo clocked in @ 74% load, making me suspect its a 2hp sumo, my dinrail watt meter and 13amp watt meter is inbound, so will have more accurate readings as well.
kept a hawk like watch on the sun/incoming harvest, as i didnt want the strain of the sumo to get to the battery, as my harvest hovered around 1350w abt 1430hrs today
solar is bae, i no go lie
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
earthrealm:

on my 4 batt setup, since i installed the 280w x 6 panels, my 130w freezer has been on 247, and my battery bank is unfazed. however, i get phcn about 8 to 12 hrs daily. so am now certain my setup can conveniently handle a 130w freezer 247, and an inverter fridge 247 as well. or worst case.. i line up the ATS grin & timer switch

i had excess energy today, and decided to power the sumo with my 4kva mustpower inverter, the sumo clocked in @ 74% load, making me suspect its a 2hp sumo, my dinrail watt meter and 13amp watt meter is inbound, so will have more accurate readings as well.
kept a hawk like watch on the sun/incoming harvest, as i didnt want the strain of the sumo to get to the battery, as my harvest hovered around 1350w abt 1430hrs today
solar is bae, i no go lie

You no lie. The mere fact that you have all that power free from nature is exhilarating.

https://www.kitchenarena.in/inverter-refrigerator/

I came across this website that discussed how the inverter appliances work and went ahead to compare inverter frighe offerings from Samsung, LG and one intellisense manufacturer like that.

Inverter frigdes are the bomb, your battery bank will not even do any work overnight with an inverter fridge. The website went further to explain that LG even has a still better offering with their use of "linear inverter compressors" which is further energy efficient than Samsung's inverter compressor.

I'd have loved to change my search to LG inverter freezer but apparently LG is yet to have an inverter freezer for Nigeria, cos what I saw written boldly on the thermocool I saw today is: "Nigeria's first inverter freezer"

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fellow(m): 1:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Kodartech:
Tired of regular blackouts? Unable to afford a commercial solar setup, we got you covered, meet k-1000, your pay as you go solar and smart home controller that comes with a 1000w inverter, a 250w solar panel, a 100ah battery and the ability to monitor and control your devices and home in real time. Find out more on[url]arduiot.com.ng[/url]

if i choose the k1000 payment plan, can i upgrade at a later date before the expiration of the 48 months?

What happens after the 48 months?

How much is the cost of installation? in Abeokuta?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Hello guys,

Anyone got any idea of how I can bottom balance my LiFePO4 cells? I don't know what takes 3.2v and no equipment to use and transfer its charge into another set of batteries. Any idea is welcome though.

Im sure sha if I check this house properly I will see my new box of resistors (though not the box type). And I don't know which exact amount to use to drain the bank appropriately. Any calculations for things like these?

See bank below.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2020
ceaser:

Well, I'll take option 1.
The distance from terminals pack to the CC appears to be the same in both packs.
Whereas for the other options, there is some difference in the distance from pack to the CC which will invariably impact on the charging current each pack is exposed to (notwithstanding the use of busbars in option 3), the charging expectedly being less in the pack with the longer wires (distance).

@ceaser
Thanks for your comment.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:

All other things being equal, option 3 will keep the batteries in sync the longest and surest.

YOU MUST however use equal length cable of suitable gauge for the parallel runs from the extremost batteries to the negative and positive busbars. The series connections should be equal length amongst themselves too but not a requirement for pack balancing.

You can improve passive balancing by arranging extra wires in parallel between each equivalent position of each battery bank

@NiyiOmoIyunade

Thanks for your comment too. I intend to use option 3. I will also ensure equal cable length for the battery banks.

@the bolded. Can you explain further or depict it with a rough diagram.

For the bus bars, how thick do you think a a bus bar should be? Very thick or very light?

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: andymola(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.