Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2085908 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (1706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
ojtech8291:
Thank you for this response. Is it CC? because the CC only has battery selector. Nothing like charging voltage. It is 12/24V60A and 4 24Vpanels connected in series. The inverter is 24V and the two 12V200AH also in series. What am I doing wrong?

4 x 24v panels in series!!!
250w panels?..
Thats risky, as that would be exceeding the Voc of the avg CC, wch i suspect would be 100v for that Your CC...pls confirm this...
In the interim..would suggest you change it to 2s2p asap..

2ndly, wch kind nonsense CC would only have battery selector, there should be a corresponding chart showing the voltages attached to each batt type. Upload a pic of this CC. Am beginning to suspect, it may be a pwm Cc!

Hence the max Voc may even be 50v or 60v.
Send pics showing the spec of the cc & another pic showing the front display.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kodartech: 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Tired of regular blackouts? Unable to afford a commercial solar setup, we got you covered, meet k-1000, your pay as you go solar and smart home controller that comes with a 1000w inverter, a 250w solar panel, a 100ah battery and the ability to monitor and control your devices and home in real time. Find out more on[url]arduiot.com.ng[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:28am On Jun 17, 2020
ojtech8291:
Thank you for this. I parallel 4 24V panels, the inverter is Also 24V, 2 12v200AH battery in series , the CC is 12/24V60A with only battery selector and LEd indicator for power and charging Mode. Can this configuration caused it?

I think the CC should have a way of programming the parameters. That's where you should make the charging value change.

Then since it's apparent that the CC is PWM, using an inappropriate panel to CC guage wire for very long distances could also impair on the total charging voltage reaching the CC.

2 units 200ah battery; I hope your 4 panels are at least 320 watts each o, for enough daily harvest.

To make things easier, maybe you can upload the pictures of the CC for guys here. You might find someone with experience with the CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Christgalaxy(m): 7:42am On Jun 17, 2020
ojeysky:

Has anyone here used this fan I beg?
is a good fan , I've been using 2yrs now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 9:18am On Jun 17, 2020
ceaser:

@bolded: As in the 10 watts is consumption at max speed or consumption at minimum speed?

I'm always forgetting to verify that claim. I'll check it out tonight. But my mind tells me the outcome will be +ve.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2020
Please, who has this ATS and a digital timer for sale?? Needed ASAP ...

0-8-1-8-2-6-2-5-2-1-3

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2020
Janyves:

I'm always forgetting to verify that claim. I'll check it out tonight. But my mind tells me the outcome will be +ve.

Please kindly do and keep eager eyes here posted.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
mcTrinity:
Please, who has this ATS and a digital timer for sale?? Needed ASAP ...

0-8-1-8-2-6-2-5-2-1-3

Hahahahahaha.
Exact same sh,it, i need as well.
Seems we are thinking the same tots. grin
The device upthere with a timer switch will solve the problem i had been thinking of for months.

I ordered via ali early last month, after asking here and no one stocked it, will see when it arrives
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2020
earthrealm:

Hahahahahaha.
The device upthere with a timer switch will solve the problem i had been thinking of for months.

I ordered via ali early month, after asking here and no one stocked it, will see when it arrives

What do you need it for
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kodartech:
Tired of regular blackouts? Unable to afford a commercial solar setup, we got you covered, meet k-1000, your pay as you go solar and smart home controller that comes with a 1000w inverter, a 250w solar panel, a 100ah battery and the ability to monitor and control your devices and home in real time. Find out more on[url]arduiot.com.ng[/url]

An upgraded lumos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kodartech: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
mctfopt:

An upgraded lumos
Lumos on steroids. Power and seemless iot integration
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
earthrealm:

Hahahahahaha.

I ordered via ali early month, after asking here and no one stocked it, will see when it arrives

Lolz...

Please, buy for me na (in our Nigerian girls voice)... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2020
Kodartech:

Lumos on steroids. Power and seemless iot integration

I noticed that one had 100ah lithium and the other 200ah ..is it same lithium batteries?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
mctfopt:

What do you need it for

You will know, If/when you need it as well...

In the words of my mentor Jim Rohn..
When the student is ready, the teacher appears.. grin

The person that invented that device needs 1 bottle of origin served to him daily by a pretty damsel shocked

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
earthrealm:

You will know, when you need it as well...

When the student is ready, the teacher appears..

Observing in 3D... grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
It's a power source automatic changeover switch. Switches to reserve power if mains power fails and returns automatically to mains when it returns. However, it doesn't have capability to put off the reserve power (generator)

There's a newer version of it that can be placed directly in a distribution box. It's about 6 times 18mm, meaning it takes same ways as 6 single pole MCBs. The newer version has very improved transfer time just like an inverter.
New version here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BUOPv4

Old version here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BP9r14

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
earthrealm:

You will know, If/when you need it as well...

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.. grin

The person that invented that device needs 1 bottle of origin served to him daily by a pretty damsel shocked

That device de solve world problem in Solar energy world... grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
mank1234:
It's a power source automatic changeover switch. Switches to reserve power if mains power fails and returns automatically to mains when it returns. However, it doesn't have capability to put off the reserve power (generator)

There's a newer version of it that can be placed directly in a distribution box. It's about 6 times 18mm, meaning it takes same ways as 6 single pole MCBs. The newer version has very improved transfer time just like an inverter.
New version here:

Old version here:

Boss, you talk all these plenty things finish and nothing like, "how many pieces do you want?"... No be link I de find now, na waybill number... Lolz
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
earthrealm:

4 x 24v panels in series!!!
250w panels?..
Thats risky, as that would be exceeding the Voc of the avg CC, wch i suspect would be 100v for that Your CC...pls confirm this...
In the interim..would suggest you change it to 2s2p asap..

2ndly, wch kind nonsense CC would only have battery selector, there should be a corresponding chart showing the voltages attached to each batt type. Upload a pic of this CC. Am beginning to suspect, it may be a pwm Cc!

Hence the max Voc may even be 50v or 60v.
Send pics showing the spec of the cc & another pic showing the front display.
Thank you. Sorry, the 4 panels are in parallel not in series.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
ceaser:

I think the CC should have a way of programming the parameters. That's where you should make the charging value change.

Then since it's apparent that the CC is PWM, using an inappropriate panel to CC guage wire for very long distances could also impair on the total charging voltage reaching the CC.

2 units 200ah battery; I hope your 4 panels are at least 320 watts each o, for enough daily harvest.

To make things easier, maybe you can upload the pictures of the CC for guys here. You might find someone with experience with the CC.
Thank you. The distance is 20m from the roof. The panels are 24V275W each. It is a yinglin product. Find the attached picture of the cc below.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
mcTrinity:

Boss, you talk all these plenty things finish and nothing like, "how many pieces do you want?"... No be link I de find now, na waybill number... Lolz

Sorry boss. No need for waybill if I had one; we're very close to each other. I only have spare DIN timer switch. Ring me if you need it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
ojtech8291:
Thank you for this. I parallel 4 24V panels, the inverter is Also 24V, 2 12v200AH battery in series , the CC is 12/24V60A with only battery selector and LEd indicator for power and charging Mode. Can this configuration caused it?

Since your setup is 24V, try re-arranging the panels to 2S2P.

The panel Vmp may be below the threshold that the CC would work. When there's load, the battery voltage is lower that threshold and could be the reason it's able to push in current.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:02pm On Jun 17, 2020
mank1234:

New version here:

Old version here:
Why don't you use an ac contactor, or two relays like mine(you can use stabilizer relays from electronics stores)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
Why don't you use an ac contactor, or two relays like mine(you can use stabilizer relays from electronics stores)

1) there are times you want manual operation
2) transfer time is in milliseconds
3) not everyone one know how to connect contactor (energizing input) esp as you need 2NO2NC contactor to achieve both input isolation
4) it has indicator light to know which power source is available.
5) visual feedback. With contactor, you can't tell by mere looking which power source is supplying power.
6) individual preference
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:39am On Jun 18, 2020
mank1234:

New version here:

Old version here:

Oh now I get it. I have been using TOMZN products for a while now. They are reliable. Thanks for the detailed explanation cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 2:11am On Jun 18, 2020
Penuelseun:

On top 10k automatic/manual solution

Less than 8ms, neatly package product..

Unless you are using handmade Inverter and charge controller then I will take it serious..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:36am On Jun 18, 2020
So.. here we go.
A.c mode

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 2:36am On Jun 18, 2020
mctfopt:

Check [url=/c3rs6g] here[/url]

Thank you sir...
Going for the 100A shunt, is it fine?
Battery: 220Ah
Inverter: 12V 1100KVA approx. 880
Charging current: 15A

Pls you could explain with some calculations so I can learn from that too grin
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:38am On Jun 18, 2020
The first pic was on speed 1. This is speed 2

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Speed 3

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:41am On Jun 18, 2020
D.c mode........ Speed 1

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 2:42am On Jun 18, 2020
Speed 2

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (1706) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: mctfopt, ayo1984, easyyoke, oweniwe(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.