Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2047269 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (1683) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
dapsyra:

It doesn't matter whether it is poly or mono. What matters is the current and voltage ratings.

Poly vs. Mono are just manufacturing techniques that don't change the laws of Electricity. The CC don't know and don't care whether it is mono or poly

For series connection, match the current but, match the voltage for parallel connections and you are good to go.

Yeah i know that...just trying to simplify it for him
300w poly and 300w mono....same brand will have major differences/variation in Vmp.

While 300w of most common brands will have close/similar Vmp.
I hv mixed renogy usa, myhome, sunfit mono panels..no shaking cos their Vmp was quite close

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2020
earthrealm:

Yeah i know that...just trying to simplify it for him
300w poly and 300w mono....same brand will have major differences/variation in Vmp.

While 300w of most common brands will have close/similar Vmp.
I hv mixed renogy usa, myhome, sunfit mono panels..no shaking cos their Vmp was quite close

Thanks so much , the reason i asked was bcus i won't be able to buy all the panels i need at a go, so i would probably buy them at different time

In case i buy the first set and i latter want to add to iit and the fornal brand i buy is probably not in the market, so i wanted to know if i can add a different brand to the set up

Thank you ojeysky:and dapsyra:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:58am On Jul 01, 2020
adrusa:

I will certainly be glad to share my flow if I understand how it may help you. Node-red on home assistant is a great automation setup. I was using electronic timers, but I have replaced them all with esp based switches. Makes my home easy to manage.

I will be interested in doing this as well, as I have been relying on timer sockets for some of my appliances. If you don't mind, can you explain how to get just one appliance set-up for such management? I am more interested in the electrical part; how it interface with your home circuit and the software part.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2020
essegis:

Thanks. The set up is actually 12v (24p4s) system.

I understand Ojeysky explanation from your previous answer so I will take my time to check each one by one under load. I might have to check across the individual screws as they are all set on a bussbars but even with that the faulty ones will show face.

I will let you have the answer when I'm done.

Good, this is where the work dey. I hope u can disconnect them from the present 24p and reconnect them in 1p4s? If yes, you will do this 24 times! Ie each set of 4 in series. This is the best way to identify a bad cell and remove it. Just put a light load on each set up. And monitor the voltage of each cell, it is a task of patience as I've said before. You may not be able to identify the bad cells if u ve 24 in parallel. In fact, the bad ones in the parallel mix will eventually destroy the good ones. Pls, disconnect them asap!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2020
Hello house of solar

I have a 12V 105AH Pb acid (VR) battery whose spec sheet indicates the

1. Charging Method for cycle use as:

Control voltage: 14.4V to 14.9V
Initial current: 42.0A or smaller

2. Cut off voltage:

Cut off voltage/Discharge current:
10.5V/5.25A-21.0A
10.2V/21.0A-52.5A
9.9V/52.5A-105A
9.3V/105A-210A
These values make it seem it's safe to run down to it and nothing will happen except cycle life but ...

I have a 24V hybrid inverter whose maximum low DC cut off voltage is 24V.

My inquiries with its appreciated response are

What voltage is recommended for:
Bulk charge, float charge, equalization voltage.

What is the specified time for equalization of Pb acid battery and how long in between equalization (in days)

As per the low DC cut off voltage, 50% DoD is about 24.12V while 30% is 24.6V (from charts I have seen online and here) but the inverter has just 24V.

Is there a digital device I can install in between the inverter and battery to disconnect supply to inverter at my set DoD.

Also on LFP batteries, between the cylindrical and prismatic type, which is more preferable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2020
Men in the house. I'm planning on upgrading from lead acid to lithium so i need expert review on this battery.

Is it a good buy �? Will i regret on the long run?

Can a hybrid luminous inverter charge it effectively?

thanks for your anticipated response

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2020
Yea, i'm hoping to do same.
Nothing too fancy to start with.
e.g. - Having an esp based switch trigger during daylight hours when solar generation is within a certain threshold (from inverter monitoring) and cutting off either below a certain threshold (e.g. cloudy cover for a length of time ) or at sundown
- Checking on 2 or 3 esp based switches for current state when grid power fails and change state based on priority set. e,g, if 2 ACs are running -> grid power fails, switch the lower priority one off.

Stuff like that.

adrusa:

I will certainly be glad to share my flow if I understand how it may help you. Node-red on home assistant is a great automation setup. I was using electronic timers, but I have replaced them all with esp based switches. Makes my home easy to manage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2020
olatade:
Men in the house. I'm planning on upgrading from lead acid to lithium so i need expert review on this battery.

Hello, contact us for same Felicity lithium batteries at discounted price .. We also have Schneider homaya 1.5kva 24v for just 75,000 "Best price for a unit" !

WHATSAPP::: https:///send?phone=2348170385620

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty.
For best affordable prices contact,
The number 1 credible online store >>

Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2020
We're always available at your service ! Contact us for renewable energy materials , supplies , maintenance , installation & load audit reports etc!

Happy client~ Happy us !!!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:13am On Jul 01, 2020
ceaser:

Lol @ Museum.

Na real museum of sun energy. Mr. NiyiOmolyunade is in the heavyweight category.

Thank you o Mr. Niyi for being of reliable help in times of need. It appears one other thing that gives you exhilaration is probably having more people jump on the AE train. God bless you, keep up the good work.

I shared to neighbours that usually come to charge their phones in my crib, all my AGMs when I settled for the lightweight league Lithium, having upgraded from the featherweight lithium category. That encouraged them to get small sized (9k modified wave) inverters and at least one 150w panel to power basic things - lights, charging, 19 inches TVs mostly and Gotv. Even some of them that were hitherto on MTN lumous started to blame themselves for that bondage.

The community has no grid power yet and I was the only one on reliable AE. Aside from the reduced traffic of phone and torchlight charging at my place grin, It's always a thing of joy to see rays from light bulbs shine thru their windows at night when I pass by.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 10:22am On Jul 01, 2020
earthrealm:

You didnt see my review of yingli 280w poly panels.
That shit routinely delivers in excess of nameplate energy rating.

Same with Canadian Solar grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
mcTrinity:

Same with Canadian Solar grin

Yingli does it at half the cost grin grin grin

Yingli supz dey pay me for this free endorsement/advert. infact. i no go hype them again, until they do the needful cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
Please I need prices for the Best Standalone battery charge with auto cut-off and a good multimeter with DC amp reading up to 40A-50A or meter and battery tester. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
earthrealm:

LOL, I love this part!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Many thanks sir.
Yes. The roof is low pitch.
As advised by @earthrealm i will use a three phase db with a phase dedicated to the solar system.

mctfopt:

1: Just make sure the roof no too slope. The best angle is an almost flat surface (for Naija) for overall better performance throughout the year. But if it's a high pitched roofs of up to and over 48 degrees, you should consider a professional roof mount with a tilt leg to put the panel at this almost horizontal angle for optimum yield.

2. Incorporating a renewable energy only DB is an awesome adventure to embark on. This truly makes the addition of an inverter almost seamless. Also you'll never run into a condition that your inverter is forced to power an equipment you don't want to run on it. This is why banks and other firms have a dedicated "UPS DB" to cater for loads such as PC, printers, etc that needs to be always on in the event of a power changeover or failure. So I'll recommend you go for it.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
Many thanks sir.
I will do just like you said.
earthrealm:

Ans to question 1...nope

Ans to question 2. ..nope/not necessary.
Buy a 3 phase db, 1 phase for all light & socket points, you want on inverter/solar..the other 2 phases for your non inverter loads....finis
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojeysky:

I will be interested in doing this as well, as I have been relying on timer sockets for some of my appliances. If you don't mind, can you explain how to get just one appliance set-up for such management? I am more interested in the electrical part; how it interface with your home circuit and the software part.

Alternatively, if you have raspberry pi you can get ICC software from info@iccsoftware.co.za at a fee.

Afterwards, I can give you a seller on aliexpress that tasmotizes Esp-based devices or you can get some of the device (eg Sonoff) yourself and flash with tasmota. ICC software will use any of the inverter parameter you want to automate your device on and off.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
earthrealm:

Hahhaahaha... I give up cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
futurenix:
Hello house of solar

I have a 12V 105AH Pb acid (VR) battery whose spec sheet indicates the

1. Charging Method for cycle use as:

Control voltage: 14.4V to 14.9V
Initial current: 42.0A or smaller

2. Cut off voltage:

Cut off voltage/Discharge current:
10.5V/5.25A-21.0A
10.2V/21.0A-52.5A
9.9V/52.5A-105A
9.3V/105A-210A
These values make it seem it's safe to run down to it and nothing will happen except cycle life but ...

I have a 24V hybrid inverter whose maximum low DC cut off voltage is 24V.

My inquiries with its appreciated response are

What voltage is recommended for:
Bulk charge, float charge, equalization voltage.

What is the specified time for equalization of Pb acid battery and how long in between equalization (in days)

As per the low DC cut off voltage, 50% DoD is about 24.12V while 30% is 24.6V (from charts I have seen online and here) but the inverter has just 24V.

Is there a digital device I can install in between the inverter and battery to disconnect supply to inverter at my set DoD.

Also on LFP batteries, between the cylindrical and prismatic type, which is more preferable

Let's just say it's one of the disadvantages we get for not going premium, I guess we should just leave with that grin I set mine to the 24v cut-off but I endeavour not to get to that level in the first place because mine is LFP, I think with lead acid you should be fine with 24v.
On the LFP question, both are fine though I prefer the prismatic as I get to work with fewer cells but it's a matter of preference not performance
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
olatade:

Someone gave a review of this felicity LFP and it didn't sound interesting.... So I will advice you don't expect too much from it.
You can't charge an LFP effectively with that inverter, you need something with adjustable voltage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
kiekie1:

Hello, contact us for same Felicity lithium batteries & Schneider 1.5kva 24v for just 75,000 !

WHATSAPP::: https:///send?phone=2348170385620

Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

Battery and inverter for that price or was it a typo? grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojtech8291:
Please I need prices for the Best Standalone battery charge with auto cut-off and a good multimeter with DC amp reading up to 40A-50A or meter and battery tester. Thank you

For LFP? I have some adjustable current and voltage 12v 50A chargers that just came in. It's 50k each.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojeysky:

Battery and inverter for that price or was it a typo? grin

I think that's just for the inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojeysky:

For LFP? I have some adjustable current and voltage 12v 50A chargers that just came in. It's 50k each.

Can it be used for lead acid battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojeysky:

For Gel lead-acid battery. I hope the one you have can charge the battery very well. I want to use to charge new batteries before installation in order to avoid story that touch. Can I have your price?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
I have 24V inverter now. Is it possible to charge two batteries in series with 24V2.5KVA without issue? They are new batteries. I want to charge before installation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
The general thinking is that the Cylindrical cells are better as they dissipate heat more efficiently than prismatic cells. Being that they are tightly wound in a metal casing, they are also less susceptible to degradation from thermal cycling as they charge and discharge as well as mechanical stress and vibrations when/if moved around.

ojeysky:

Let's just say it's one of the disadvantages we get for not going premium, I guess we should just leave with that grin I set mine to the 24v cut-off but I endeavour not to get to that level in the first place because mine is LFP, I think with lead acid you should be fine with 24v.
On the LFP question, both are fine though I prefer the prismatic as I get to work with fewer cells but it's a matter of preference not performance

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
ojtech8291:
I have 24V inverter now. Is it possible to charge two batteries in series with 24V2.5KVA without issue? They are new batteries. I want to charge before installation

yeah, you can do this..
however the correct textbook procedure is to use a standalone 12v batt charger and charge each battery to full, before hooking them up to the inverter, this would ensure the batts are balanced from day 1. many people dont do this......i dont do it too grin grin
if you have batt balancers installed in the setup, you should be fine, either way
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
saint2ace:

Can it be used for lead acid battery?

Nope it's for lithiums

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (1683) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Danibestguy, Gshems, Namzy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.