Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2081445 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2020
microgiant:

I believe it should have, my search on google showed it among the least power guzzlers in test done

55" 4K UHD Smart TV | TCL C6 Series |
I read it is more energy efficient than the previous C5 series.

What can you deduce from this specs

Power Consumption (TV On) 140W
Power Consumption (Standby) ﹤0.5W
ECO Energy Efficiency Yes
Backlight Adjustable Yes (0~100%)

It is the cheapest, others - Sony and Samsung are between 30% - 50% higher in price

Also TV is on J U M I A so going with a watt meter to test is not possible.

Backlight adjustable makes it desirable for me. A 65 inch Hisense with such adjustable backlight (0~100) ends up consuming just 35 watts at 25% level.

Meanwhile at level 100, consumption is 125 watts.

These are my findings using a wattmeter.

So if I were you, I'd give the TV a consideration of power saver is what I desire.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by coldcandy: 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
The man that saw 2020 ten years ago.
Respect to you, sir!
Nepa has been balkanized and sold to some briefcase businessmen who are not adding any kw but wants more revenue by charging d helpless consumers.
Price of fuel has gone up 100 percent after a fraudulent subsidized regulated deregulation.

GeorgeD1:

twinskenny,
the money you spend now is like a 25yr savings account which keeps appreciating. imagine
what the cost of fuel per litre will be in another 10yrs? imagine what games nepa will be
playing with public power supply by then? your guess is as good as mine!

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good day the gurus in the house, pls am a novice on this solar of a thing, my question is this, is their any problem in charging my 12v *2 batteries charging with solar and giving me batt volt BTW 29 to 32v
Am using 300watts *2 solar panels with 30a mppt CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbeymighty:
Good day the gurus in the house, pls am a novice on this solar of a thing, my question is this, is their any problem in charging my 12v *2 batteries charging with solar and giving me batt volt BTW 29 to 32v

It depends on the battery type and make. Is the output voltage of your SCC adjustable?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
I don't think it is adjustable see the pix

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
New Inverter to go with my battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gjZ47Q2K4

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
chris81964:

This looks interesting, can you share the reference to the spec sheet? Will be good to know the idle consumption and whether it does combined AC/solar charging as well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
ojeysky:

Yes o.... But that limitation go soon disappear once I put my GK back online

MPP GK back online with a few redress, 3 things I noticed straight up.

1. MPPT efficiency is way better than the felicity I was using temporarily. Now it's just less than 2A difference between charge current reading from MPP and BMV as against 5A on felicity.

2. MPP also seem to support more battery option on 3kva GK such as the pylontech.

3. Fan noise is way more silent, it feels like there is an improvement with the new board

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
chris81964:

Wow i just watch all the videos on the channels of the Deye inverter.

Solar is truly the Answer

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
ojeysky:

MPP GK back online with a few redress, 3 things I noticed straight up.

1. MPPT efficiency is way better than the felicity I was using temporarily. Now it's just less than 2A difference between charge current reading from MPP and BMV as against 5A on felicity.

2. MPP also seem to support more battery option on 3kva GK such as the pylontech.

3. Fan noise is way more silent, it feels like there is an improvement with the new board

Congratulations.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
essegis:
You know its DIY when na kpako we use hang home made bussbars embarassed embarassed embarassed

See wetin COVID-19 do a brother.

I just thought about this now:

How about you use a smaller version of this high tension insulator used by NEPA guys as your base (support) for attaching either side of your bus bars to the board, in place of the wooden supports.

Those insulators usually have thru holes to screw 'em on any receptacle, your bus bars and board in this case.

Aside from guaranteeing poor heat transfer to the wood board, it will also provide some aesthetic.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
ceaser:

How about you use a smaller version of this high tension insulator used by NEPA guys as your base (support) for attaching either side of your bus bars to the board, in place of the wooden supports.

Those insulators usually have thru holes to screw 'em on any receptacle, your bus bars and board in this case.

Aside from guaranteeing poor heat transfer to the wood board, it will also provide some aesthetic.
This?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
coldcandy:
The man that saw 2020 ten years ago.
Respect to you, sir!
Nepa has been balkanized and sold to some briefcase businessmen who are not adding any kw but wants more revenue by charging d helpless consumers.
Price of fuel has gone up 100 percent after a fraudulent subsidized regulated deregulation.

I greet you coldcandy.

when I was making that post in 2010, little did I know that I was being prophetic...
i only pity those peeps who still have faith in nepa or phcn in its many iterations cum bedc, ekdc...the works.
and now you know what I mean when I keep shouting myself hoarse with any given opportunity...
...the sun is the answer...!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
Penuelseun:
This?

Yep. There is usually a much smaller size of it I've seen around sometime ago.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbeymighty:

that may be the incoming voltage, the average naija installer is very very very very fond of wasting mppt advantage and connecting panels in parallel, instead of series. scroll tru the display and observe to be sure.
30v will spoil most sealed batteries, even fla will not like 30v continously.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Indeed the sun is the answer! She has afforded us a decent living and above all energy security.

GeorgeD1:

I greet you coldcandy.

when I was making that post in 2010, little did I know that I was being prophetic...
i only pity those peeps who still have faith in nepa or phcn in its many iterations cum bedc, ekdc...the works.
and now you know what I mean when I keep shouting myself hoarse with any given opportunity...
...the sun is the answer...!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
ceaser:

Yeah, I have them in my cart but since Corona start I never fit order. So make I dey manage these ones dey go small small first.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
essegis:

Yeah, I have them in my cart but since Corona start I never fit order. So make I dey manage these ones dey go small small first.

that should be available incountry
try any transformer or HT cable seller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2020
[
quote author=earthrealm post=91140196]

that may be the incoming voltage, the average naija installer is very very very very fond of wasting mppt advantage and connecting panels in parallel, instead of series. scroll tru the display and observe to be sure.
30v will spoil most sealed batteries, even fla will not like 30v continously.

[/That is my fear, am using gel batt, and i observed that the battery hr has reduced than before i started using it with solar,
pls what should I do?]

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Indeed the sun is the answer! She has afforded us a decent living and above all energy security.

Bros those images are amazing, this one pass household things o...,o boy see hervest.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:

niyi,
indeed the sun never disappoints.
i recall sometime in 2014, at the height of then presidential campaign, a now serving minister boldly told nigerians
that "any serious government should be able to provide 24hrs electricity to its citizenry within 6 months". today,
6yrs down the road, all we hear is excuses and blame game. meanwhile, the darkness grows thicker by the day.
the sun on the other hand never promises and fail. it never plays politics with its energy supply..
even in the thick of the rainy season, it still manages to provide us enough juice to make hay...

btw, nice interface you have there and welcome to the over 12kw instantaneous power club.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 6:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 6:31am On Jun 28, 2020
essegis:
You know its DIY when na kpako we use hang home made bussbars embarassed embarassed embarassed

You may need to source for these ceramic heat insulator on AE to avoid direct heat transfer etc to your board ..........
The sunlight is truly the answer.

Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 7:04am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2020
ojeysky:

This looks interesting, can you share the reference to the spec sheet? Will be good to know the idle consumption and whether it does combined AC/solar charging as well.
120 amp AC charger. I am off the grid so I have not tried the combo. The manufacturer has and idle consumption of 50W on the spec sheet. On my battery monitor it is much less. I have done follow up videos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
My people, I need good panels with minimum of 33vmp and that has a maximum dimension of 1650 by 992. I know the 305 Canadian fits but that's beyond my budget, any suggestion of another good one that fits?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jmaine: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2020
Monlo:
Tough times may be ahead for those using this logistics

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/dhl-suspends-import-shipments-from-china-hong-kong-macao/amp-11593144384998.html

This is related to India bound goods from China and Hongkong..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
chris81964:

120 amp AC charger. I am off the grid so I have not tried the combo. The manufacturer has and idle consumption of 50W on the spec sheet. On my battery monitor it is much less. I have done follow up videos.

That sounds so cool, my GK idle consumption is <35w on spec as well but it's 15w in practice. You've got a beast system there Bro.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
essegis:

You can buy a [url=/sudxtb]busbar here at jiji[/url] or try this [url=/1j9wqf]conical insulator[/url] and DIY your own insulator grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
ojeysky:
My people, I need good panels with minimum of 33vmp and that has a maximum dimension of 1650 by 992. I know the 305 Canadian fits but that's beyond my budget, any suggestion of another good one that fits?

The picture is the reason I need a higher vmp panel. I am limited to 9 panels max for now and have need to maximise things. GK is a voltage guzzler, I get late wake up and early sleep, it's the only flaw I detest in the inverter.
On a positive note, it's good to be back on GK seeing high instantaneous hervest again; got 8.1A peak today, from a panel rated 8.3A. My LFP was smiling with a 59A peak today (limited by BMS)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
ojeysky:

That sounds so cool, my GK idle consumption is <35w on spec as well but it's 15w in practice. You've got a beast system there Bro.

I'm falling in love with your GK now as it can combine solar with utility to power load and charge the battery coupled with lower self consumption compared to MK.

It's high solar voltage, batteryless operation, lower self consumption VS parallel ability, zero transfer operation.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
ojeysky:

The picture is the reason I need a higher vmp panel. I am limited to 9 panels max for now and have need to maximise things. GK is a voltage guzzler, I get late wake up and early sleep, it's the only flaw I detest in the inverter.
On a positive note, it's good to be back on GK seeing high instantaneous hervest again; got 8.1A peak today, from a panel rated 8.3A. My LFP was smiling with a 59A peak today (limited by BMS)

Lovely dashboard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) ... (1704) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.