Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2043672 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
justcallmenuel:
1.5kva 12v Yohako (wall mount) inverter available, #70000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Is this inverter hybrid(Mppt)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
earthrealm:

Throway that useless CC, its a glorified pwm, masquerading as mppt.

Go find powmr or makeskyblue mppt cc...e no go pass 40k/45k 12v _ 48v 60amps mppt

You are very correct about the price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
spartacus11:

Is this inverter hybrid(Mppt)
No sir it’s not.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
spartacus11:

I love this wow. See enjoyment this is PowMr cc right, how is the performance which version is it?
yeah, powmr,. ..cost 71 dollars pre covid-19. and 7 usd shipping on aliexpress last year. cheap functional CC, just doesnt show daily harvest logs.e doesnt have model/version numbers

makeskyblue is the more expensive type, that has model versions etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
Can I Please get your connect, the contact in yingli fb page isn't working. I'd like to get my hands in a few panels
earthrealm:

Try and beat this.
3s2p 280w yingli @ noon
Total 1680w installed capacity...harvest 2035w, it even hit 2045w..but went out b4 i could take a picture.
Next step would be to verfiy this readings with a clamp meter, cos i had about 34.6amps coming in @ 57.6v or so
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
olopan:
Can I Please get your connect, the contact in yingli fb page isn't working. I'd like to get my hands in a few panels

Omo, make huna take am easy dey rush this yingli.

1. Yingli is yet to pay me any money for this endorsement/advert.

2. Too many pipu rushing this yingli will make them increase price. tongue
Send pm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
ojeysky:
Why I may continue to get sunfit panels if I can find them. That is from a 2.25kw array, what else will premiums do than this grin

Note that it could have gone beyond if not for BMS limitation

So much more brother!
The day i got 10.28A from a poly tier 1 panel rated @ 8.32A or so. I thought my clamp meter was broken. It stayed for more than 5mins. I forgot to take pictures cos i was busy checking out my clamp meter thinking its was faulty.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
earthrealm:

Try and beat this.
3s2p 280w yingli @ noon
Total 1680w installed capacity...harvest 2035w, it even hit 2045w..but went out b4 i could take a picture.
Next step would be to verfiy this readings with a clamp meter, cos i had about 34.6amps coming in @ 57.6v or so

Fantastic! I have not also confirm the max of mine as you can see that I hit my BMS peak but irrespective I don't think sunfit will beat this.

Oshomo12:

So much more brother!
The day i got 10.28A from a poly tier 1 panel rated @ 8.32A or so. I thought my clamp meter was broken. It stayed for more than 5mins. I forgot to take pictures cos i was busy checking out my clamp meter thinking its was faulty.

Wow! Okay will see how it goes when I do my bank upgrade (with ANT BMS)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Good say I no get case o....my apologies @ojtech8291 I probably underestimated some panel differences and certain CC limitations.

earthrealm:

Hahaha. You are very lucky , that you didn't burn the cc, you were told b4, ojesky encouraged you to risk it

ojtech8291:
Lolzzzzzz...The CC has very good protection but very bad in terms of array manipulations. It is called solarmate charge controller. Who has used it before?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
earthrealm:

Omo, make huna take am easy dey rush this yingli.

1. Yingli is yet to pay me any money for this endorsement/advert.

2. Too many pipu rushing this yingli will make them increase price. tongue
Send pm.

What's the price? I think Yingli and Prime are same source so if Yingli finish prime dey
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
This may likely be the results of wrong sticker label slapped on the panels - a 280w panel does not suddenly start producing 330w except it was actually 330w or larger mislabeled as 280w.

That said you seem to be getting these panels at very good prices so what can I say?.....

After 3 years or so on the roof, it would be interesting to recheck performance.

I encourage you to verify the numbers your CC is posting with a decent clamp meter esp if CC is a super cheap asian origin product - they may have skimped on measurement accuracy.

earthrealm:

Try and beat this.
3s2p 280w yingli @ noon

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 12:05am On Jul 06, 2020
justcallmenuel:

No sir it’s not.

Ok bro but will screenshots it, i do need a pure sine wave shall. Don't not which one to go for yet, my budget is not too big
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2020
earthrealm:

yeah, powmr,. ..cost 71 dollars pre covid-19. and 7 usd shipping on aliexpress last year. cheap functional CC, just doesnt show daily harvest logs.e doesnt have model/version numbers

makeskyblue is the more expensive type, that has model versions etc

Ok bro. As long as it gets the job done thats d koko
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 3:46am On Jul 06, 2020
Please house, is anyone here using Jinko half cell solar panels ? Planning on getting some and Will appreciate your review on its performance .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
This may likely be the results of wrong sticker label slapped on the panels - a 280w panel does not suddenly start producing 330w except it was actually 330w or larger mislabeled as 280w.

That said you seem to be getting these panels at very good prices so what can I say?.....

After 3 years or so on the roof, it would be interesting to recheck performance.

I encourage you to verify the numbers your CC is posting with a decent clamp meter esp if CC is a super cheap asian origin product - they may have skimped on measurement accuracy.

My thought as well but the dimensions he provided is what is normally used for 250 to 300w range panels, which makes me feel it may not be mislabeling. It's either the panels are such fantastic miracle workers or the CC is mis-yarning. @earthrealm should unravel this mystery, a 280w Panel throwing over 340w per Panel havest remains a miracle worker o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:35am On Jul 06, 2020
ojeysky:

My thought as well but the dimensions he provided is what is normally used for 250 to 300w range panels, which makes me feel it may not be mislabeling. It's either the panels are such fantastic miracle workers or the CC is mis-yarning. @earthrealm should unravel this mystery, a 280w Panel throwing over 340w per Panel havest remains a miracle worker o.

Yeah, i suspect the cc may be misyarning at higher power levels, cos thats extra 350w from 6 panels against manufacturer energy name plate. & I even felt it hadnt peaked yet angry.. cos the battery was approaching absorb @ 57.4v
And the installation was done randomly, just followed the roof, didnt bother about orientation & all

My other installs of other chinese panels fail to hit even 95% of rated capacity, best they do is 85% or 90% for a short time

@niyi will do, am curious as well to solve this riddle, however my pal who introduced me to the panels which made me go for them is experiencing similar results, though not as dramatic as mine..he routinely hits 1200w, 1300w from a 6 x 200w array, fangpusun mppt cc & his setup is going strong abt 2yrs after
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2020
Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 7,000
Electrolyte (Accurate specific gravity) ...7,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2020
HURRY! 95k PROMO PRICE!!

Axpert 3kva 24v solar/hybrid pure sinewave LCD wall mount inverter with inbuilt 80a combined AC (30a) & solar (50a) charge current .

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:21am On Jul 06, 2020
BEST PRICE ON MERCURY PRODUCTS!

-Mercury 2.4kva 24v inverter ....... 52,000
-Mercury 220a 12v tubular battery ... 104,000
-Mercury 200a 12v gel battery ....... 133,000

Contact,
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:04am On Jul 06, 2020
ojtech8291:
Stopped charging until I have to off and on the breakers. It happens every time the sun is very high.

Shuo! Na wa o.

Does that happen with most MPPTs or it's just a peculiarity of yours? What's the brand by the way?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojtech8291: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2020
ceaser:

Shuo! Na wa o.

Does that happen with most MPPTs or it's just a peculiarity of yours? What's the brand by the way?
Thank God it is not totally dead.SolarMate product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2020
ojtech8291:
Yeah... The VOC of the series connection is a bit higher than that of the CC.

Bhet why nau?

You know you shouldn't exceed that CC voltage. Abi you dey try experiment ni? grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2020
earthrealm:

Try and beat this.
3s2p 280w x 6 yingli panels @ noon

@bolded: The war of the panels grin

And I can't ignore the lovely PowMr.

I'm waiting for the day I'll push it to the max with 48v battery set up. Right now one is on 12v set and another on 24v setup, both firing well.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2020
mahkanjuh:

Pls, kindly help retrieve that link you talked about

I'm so sorry. I thought I had posted the link sometime ago, or maybe I did but the bot as usual did its worst.

It's available on Konga and apparently there has been some re-designs since I bought mine 3.5 years ago.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ceaser01: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2020
mahkanjuh:

Pls, kindly help retrieve that link you talked about

https:///product/bts-energy-quick-e-1-0kva-pure-sine-wave-inverter-with-in-built-avr-function-12v-3485032

Posting the link with the alternate account in case it gets banned.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olatade(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2020
Planing on upgrading to a set up like this cool

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ceaser01: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2020
Namzy:

I use mine with a standalone fangpusun mppt 100/50 max 1400w.
There a 2 versions of this axpert inverter. Fortunately the ipowerplus version uses mppt instead of pwm. The mppt can deliver up to 25a from and the inverter can deliver up to 30a from utility for a combined 55a ie if you want to use the mppt on the inverter.

Thanks.

What I actually imply is if an external MPPT CC can be used alongside the MPPT unit in the ipowerplus inverter without there being some significant misunderstanding between the two CCs.

There's even no NEPA wires supplying my street, so the question of utility charging is out of it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 10:51am On Jul 06, 2020
ceaser:

And I can't ignore the lovely PowMr.

I'm waiting for the day I'll push it to the max with 48v battery set up. Right now one is on 12v set and another on 24v setup, both firing well.

Just don't try it! I have one that I pushed to the maximum power about a year ago. It rewarded me with the proverbial magic smoke. It still power-on but can no longer make power

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2020
olatade:
Planing on upgrading to a set up like this cool

Have you checked consumption of that particular inverter series angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:03am On Jul 06, 2020
Ceaser01:

Thanks.

What I actually imply is if an external MPPT CC can be used alongside the MPPT unit in the ipowerplus inverter without there being some significant misunderstanding between the two CCs.

There's even no NEPA wires supplying my street, so the question of utility charging is out of it.

If they are both going to the battery terminal and the voltage for ipowerplus is maintained for the CC then it should be fine. I once had an experience with a friend's setup; the powmr we got allowed more than 75v but because the mercury hybrid can't do more than that, things went south until we kept array within the mercury hybrid CC Voc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:12am On Jul 06, 2020
spartacus11:

I love this wow. See enjoyment this is PowMr cc right, how is the performance which version is it?

PowMr no get version releases bro. grin
They just dey produce dey go. I fear if they decide to go the version way, it'll be a way to increase the price whereas all those version thingy na just a sweet-mouthing method to increase price.

MakeSkyBlue used to have fair prices like powMr with their version 113, but as soon as they begun their version 117 and 118 WiFi wàhálà their prices doubled that of PowMr.

Funny enough the two manufacturers are always at each other's neck one branding the other as making inferior imitation.

I own the two types - one 60A MakeSkyBlue and two PowMr. They are same form factor but with slight variations in info display and recently the inclusion of WiFi capability in the version 118 of MakeSkyBlue. Also when MakeSkyBlue reaches float, the screen blue light brightens up and the displayed info repeatedly alternates between battery voltage - Panel voltage - Temperature - load power. PowMr does not do that.

Performance of the two is at par in my opinion. On price, I don fashi MakeSkyBlue tey tey.

In fact, two weeks ago, I placed an order for another two units of PowMr 60A in prep for 48v upgrade. Now 32k including standard shipping due to covid19-dollar synergism (used to be 25k). I paid around 7k more for expedited delivery via DHL as standard shipping has been negatively impacted with Corona problem. MakeSkyBlue tops at 70k each.

PowMr 60A is available on Jiji and Jumia for around 45k.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2020
justcallmenuel:
1.5kva 12v Yohako (wall mount) inverter available, #70000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Is there a 24v 3kva wall hung?

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.