Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,061 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049742 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
grin Here is my little Setup grin

I don't really know what to call it cheesy
some call it a power bank; some, a boom box (I guess it's because of its audio functionality); and a few call it a power System (them Techy folks grin).

What does it do?
Charges phones/ Laptop
Plays music (Aux/Bluetooth)
Powers a few LEDs.

Specks:

Battery 11.1V (10AH) li-ion ~ top balanced
Power - DC 5v, 2A per port(5 ports), AC 220V 100W max
Audio - 2.0 @10W(RMS) per channel

Some key features:

Soft start
Over Load protection cool
No Load sleep mode (helps save AC power while using other functions wink )
Shut circuit (fused grin)

I know say e no get leg atol atol when compared to other Setups here, men dey talk KWh I de talk microWh sad

But na DIY sha, It serves, and it was fun!

PS:
Before I forget, pleas look beyond the packaging (na budget!) and see the beauty within cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Queed:

some call it a power bank; some, a boom box (I guess it's because of its audio functionality); and a few call it a power System (them Techy folks grin).

What does it do?
Charges phones/ Laptop
Powers a few LEDs.

Specks:

Some key features:

Soft start

I know say e no get leg atol atol when compared to other Setups here, men dey talk KWh I de talk microWh sad

PS:
Before I forget, pleas look beyond the packaging (na budget!) and see the beauty within cheesy

Nice one bro you try keep it up. You on the right track, before you know the experience from this you can build a bigger bank of plug and play. In future

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
ojeysky:
Lithium BMS with Bluetooth of various series, balancers, bus bars and lithium chargers still available

Still available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Folks using MPP hybrids, you may want to flip your inverter fan to blow inwards if you've not already done so or get an external one. It keeps the system cool, better performance and with less overall fan noise

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
I believe this should be very okay - your application is well within the operating voltage range of a 500V DC circuit breaker.

I believe as you said that proper amperage matching is more important when it comes to the DCB. I didn't research research the nitty gritty anywhere before I begin installing them, I only know that I needed something in-line solar panels to CC (to also help with easy disconnect whenever I have to disconnect the CC-battery line.

Aside putting proper amp matching in mind, one thing I also adhered to was to make sure the device voltage rating was higher than the system it's to work with, but I didn't even bother myself with 500v DCBs, I went straight for the 1000v offerings; and they have worked flawlessly in every application I used them.

An instance occured where in one of the set ups, the highest colourful double pole DCB I had was 25A/1000v and I had increased solar panel capacity to above 25A meaning I should also consider increasing the DCB but my order online was long time coming and no local vendors seem to have the type I wanted. Preferring to keep the functionality of my CC from damage due to inadvertent CC-battery disconnect than the trouble of constantly tripping undersized DCB, I left the 25A/1000v in the circuit with the hope that it will hold a few amps above the max. It did not hold and it became a nuisance as it will constantly and faithfully trip off at 25A/26A shown on the Solar panel-CC inline DC meter. I eventually had to reluctantly buy the single pole plain-coloured made-in-uganda offering from a local vendor, which interestingly also worked when challenged with the limit rating input.

So either 500v or 1000v o, I believe the stuff works as long as amp is appropriately matched and voltage is above system voltage. 1000v gives a very huge head room above 150v and personally I will prefer that much headroom above that offered by 500v.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2020
200Ah 48v Felicity lithium battery still available, #700000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2020
200Ah 24vFelicity lithium battery still available, #400000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2020
60A MUST mppt charge controller available, #85000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2020
spartacus11:

Nice one bro you try keep it up. You on the right track, before you know the experience from this you can build a bigger bank of plug and play. In future

Thank you sir cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by novexme(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
You can get your Distilled Water from me.
Hacops Distilled Water
Tested and Trusted
Since 1992
Available nationwide from auto retail shops.

Available in 1Ltr, 25Ltr, 200Ltr and 1000Ltrs

Check out my signature

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
GENUS PRODUCTS PRICELIST LOADING!!!

Tubular batteries:
Genus invomax 200a 12v ....120k
Genus invomax 220a 12v ....125k

Genus Heiwa inverter series:
950va 12v LED ........50k
1625va 12v LED.......85k
1675va 24v LED ......80k
2050va 24v LED ......80k

Genus inverters:
0.9va 12v ........... 60k
875va 12v LCD ...45k
1.5va 12v LED......73k
1.65va 24v ........ ..80k
2kva 24v LCD .......90k
3.5kva 48v ...........230k
5kva 48v ..............450k
5kva 96v .............490k
7.5kva 120v. .......700k
10kva 120v..........800k
10kva 180v...........760k
15kva 240v ..........1.3m
20kva 360v ...........1.5m

All brand new items with standard one year warranty

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2020
Queed:

Thank you sir cool

Useless bot. Me wey I sharp.

Being highly suspicious of the spambot as being touchy, I first used the alternate account to post the original comment in plain text and I wasn't disappointed. As e ban am like this, I use screenshot sharp sharp.

Good job jàre better person.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotech: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2020
If I asked you to do this for me how much will it cost?
Queed:

What does it do?
Charges phones/ Laptop
Powers a few LEDs.

Specks:

Some key features:

Soft start

PS:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2020
Neatly used 5kva 96v pure sinewave Indian inverter up for sale!

Brand: Millennium hulk series with LCD . Made in India
Condition: Fairly used & functional.
Freebie: Battery rack for 8 units of 100a batteries.

PRICE: 110k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
200Ah Quanta Amaron battery now available, #150000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

MANUEL SOLAR ENERGY ENTERPRISES.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
320w Top solar panel now available, #43000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
3kva must hybrid inverter available, #160000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
ojeysky:
Folks using MPP hybrids, you may want to flip your inverter fan to blow inwards if you've not already done so or get an external one. It keeps the system cool, better performance and with less overall fan noise

Would make dust gather and crust on components close to it. When humid conditions arise these dusts can be substrate for water to condense on and help rust iron parts or even cause shuts.

Y'all want to be careful with such direction of airstream sir.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Trippledots:

Would make dust gather and crust on components close to it. When humid conditions arise these dusts can be substrate for water to condense on and help rust iron parts or even cause shuts.

Y'all want to be careful with such direction of airstream sir.

Yeah you are right but it's more applicable to a typically dusty area, personally I resolved that a periodic maintenance to remove any little dust (once in a year or 2 years) is a better devil than having my components heat up unnecessarily.

That said, the possible dust was the reason I suggested an external fan for folks whose environment is prone to significant dust and humidity.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mppsolar introduces new axpert MAX inverter (7.2kW 48V and 3.6kW 24V):
WiFi monitoring instead of bluetooth.
Retains features of GK in addition to paralleling kit built in (up to 6 units).
7.2kW is with 2 - 4kw mppt Cc (8kW) and retails for $930.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
ceaser:

The inverter is a true PSW. And a good one too. If AC power is good, it charges well (20A charger I think). It has a lot of battery, load and output info on the display, but unlike some in its category, there is no way to turn the various displays on the screen off.
Aw much and where did you get it?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
mank1234:
Mppsolar introduces new axpert MAX inverter (7.2kW 48V and 3.6kW 24V):
WiFi monitoring instead of bluetooth.
Retains features of GK in addition to paralleling kit built in (up to 6 units).
7.2kW is with 2 - 4kw mppt Cc (8kW) and retails for $930.

Goodnews to those who have been yarning for parallel support on the GK. A 15w increase in no load consumption for the 3kva but with an increased capacity is a good trade off. Only if they introduced a generic Lithium charging profile would have made this a big deal for me....the timer charging is an interesting feature though.
That said, men the 48v option is a beast! and it also has a lower MPPT range starting from 80v, that's so cool. If I have a 48v deployment it will certainly be a choice inverter

As usual MPP rocks!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
ojeysky:

Goodnews to those who have been yarning for parallel support on the GK. A 15w increase in no load consumption for the 3kva but with an increased capacity is a good trade off. Only if they introduced a generic Lithium charging profile would have made this a big deal for me....the timer charging is an interesting feature though.
That said, men the 48v option is a beast! and it also has a lower MPPT range starting from 80v, that's so cool. If I have a 48v deployment it will certainly be a choice inverter

As usual MPP rocks!!

Yeah. It does.
I would have preferred they remove the inbuilt parallel kit and lower the price still.
Even at that it's still a good bargain.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
ceaser:

Useless bot. Me wey I sharp.

Being highly suspicious of the spambot as being touchy, I first used the alternate account to post the original comment in plain text and I wasn't disappointed. As e ban am like this, I use screenshot sharp sharp.

Good job jàre better person.

Lol @the bot grin

*I currently have a plan for the next version.

*Of cause I will discard the PVC since it's not structurally rugged for an application that involves mobility, and it's poor aesthetics too.

And about those plastic white boxes you mentioned, During the course of the design, I made a mistake by considering the packaging last ( trust me I have learnt my lesson sad ) and when the time came, the box that could fit my design was 3k, and I couldn't afford that being that I have spent quite a lot to acquire other components (I still de school o, before I go start to dey drink garri grin).

*Yes I MUST cheesy increase the capacity sir!
This current version can actually charge my 46W laptop almost twice ( maybe you missed it, but from the second picture I posted above, the phone is being charged not through the usb output, but through the white charger on the extension, and the extension gets its source from the box through the black cord connected to the extreme outlet of the extension ).

*Noted!

* I think 20W RMS per channel will be too much oo
Most of those cheep 5k Bluetooth don't do up to 5W RMS per channel, and many of them have just one channel! Well e depend on your choice sha.

*Thank you very much for your shipshape advice I really appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Folks, I need a good budget friendly solar powered outdoor flood light. Any recommendation I beg?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:43am On Jul 27, 2020
ojeysky:
Folks, I need a good budget friendly solar powered outdoor flood light. Any recommendation I beg?

I believe Justcallmenuel will have something for you. He is a vendor and he is also on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2020
Pls I need cheap students inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:18am On Jul 27, 2020
ceaser:

I believe Justcallmenuel will have something for you. He is a vendor and he is also on this thread.

Yeah I have reached him. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Queed: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2020
omotech:
If I asked you to do this for me how much will it cost?

Wow!
Exactly that one? I can do something better, I will double the capacity and include solar charging function with a more appealing package for 45k. my contact is on my signature

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.