Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2101658 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2020
ojeysky:

A lot have been said already; an amateur should certainly certainly go for ready made, while DIY amateur like you and I can couple their cells. I suggest getting the bank from the person I got mine from, it's a good way of starting and learning the connection in a DIY way (the pack can be easily opened).

I will suggest that the more fewer cells the better so if it's a single 300AH cells then go for 16 of those. The ANT BMS has a Bluetooth option for Comms. In terms of brand, well.....China is still the best source for bad and good cells as they are most experienced with lithium. Sinopoly, CATL(if you need a strong enclosure) are fine. Mine are Eve prismatic cells and they perform well.

Thanks for the explanation, he says he has eve 105ah cells now.

@ ceaser, so you can actually mix different packs from different sources, without issue?.
@ tonydiddy, nice.. i expect you to hit upto 350w or higher on sunny days, if you turn on your house loads
At least upto 250watts.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:34am On Sep 03, 2020
[quote author=Valto post=93471530][/quote]

This your Sorotec is a beast, wonder why peeps never buy am. The inverter make brain
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2020
ojeysky:

250A charging shocked ? Okay you rightly described it.
That's the dc input, the camera didn't capture the dc output side

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Penuelseun:
That's the dc input, the camera didn't capture the dc output side

That's right actually I didn't pay attention to that part, so can @mctfopt provide the charger section so we know whether it still retains its name tag grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
earthrealm:

This your Sorotec is a beast, wonder why peeps never buy am. The inverter make brain

We were waiting for you to put money on it, really anyone that wants a MPP like features they will get it on that sorotec so I certainly recommend it to anyone shopping for a 24v hybrid that has muscle to carry up to 4.5kw PV
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2020
JustCryptos:
Ceejay80s. First, I want to appreciate you for opening this thread and your efforts.

We did business over 3 years ago. You helped me to purchase my entire DIY unit comprising of UPS, 30amp smart charger, and a 200ah battery. I used that unit for about 2 years before the battery packed up.

Ceejay80s and to all the gurus in the house, I'll like to know what kind of setup 500k will give me.

Note: There's no electricity in the area I'll be relocating to. So, I'll be leaving 100% off grid until more people start living there.

What I intend to power. 1 deep freezer, 1 standing fridge freezer, 5 wall mounted fans, 2 LED TV sets, 1 1200w iron, and general LED house lighting.

Priority goes to my fridge, freezer and house lighting.

Please, I'll love experts in the house to help me. I'll also like to ask. I am yet to wire the house. Is there any need to do a separate wiring for solar and another for NEPA?

Thanks in advance.

Hello house, I believe this guy needs help from the section. All inputs will be appreciated...

NB: Pls quote his enquiries and not mine grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JustCryptos: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2020
saint2ace:

Hello house, I believe this guy needs help from the section. All inputs will be appreciated...

NB: Pls quote his enquiries and not mine grin grin
Thank you chairman, I need serious help.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2020
JustCryptos:

U're welcome boss, u'll be well taken care of here....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2020
JustCryptos:

Looks like you made multiple posts. You've been responded to here: https://www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter/224#93520799
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2020
earthrealm:

yeah, it is a good inverter. it is rugged and weigh 13kg. peeps are trying thier best to buy it,, but nothing conclusive yet.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
100A pwm charge controller now available, #45,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
5kva 48v Diamond pure sine wave inverter available, #170,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
200Ah 12v KYL battery now available, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
200Ah 12v Raw power battery now in stock, #85,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2020
60w fibit all in one solar street light now available, #95,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rexage: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello house, please pardon my ignorance. Does one require a charge controller for a hybrid inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rexage:
Hello house, please pardon my ignorance. Does one require a charge controller for an hybrid inverter?
no
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
after two straight days of relentless rainfall, the sun came out in full force yesterday.
it was happy days at last as modules greedily pumped out juice after juice topping
almost 60kwh harvest as at sundown....
...the sun truly is the answer!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rexage: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Valto:
no

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojeysky:

That's right actually I didn't pay attention to that part, so can @mctfopt provide the charger section so we know whether it still retains its name tag grin

grin angry grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rexage:
Hello house, please pardon my ignorance. Does one require a charge controller for a hybrid inverter?

Yes if the inbuilt charger controller cannot serve the total PV you intend to put on it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojeysky:

We were waiting for you to put money on it, really anyone that wants a MPP like features they will get it on that sorotec so I certainly recommend it to anyone shopping for a 24v hybrid that has muscle to carry up to 4.5kw PV

yeah, am a 48v man, planning for a huge upgrade next year, as i fully switch to lifepo4, got my sights on 5.5kw 48v SOROTEC, OR 3.2KW if my money no reach. all these inverters just dey copy themselves. kiekies phoccos and sorotec are very similar, except the hefty price difference, they have same form factor, down to the T, similar software as well, reminds me of powmr and makeskyblue CC, na so dem dey, only time will tell who copied who grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:02am On Sep 04, 2020
earthrealm:

yeah, am a 48v man, planning for a huge upgrade next year, as i fully switch to lifepo4, got my sights on 5.5kw 48v SOROTEC, OR 3.2KW if my money no reach. all these inverters just dey copy themselves. kiekies phoccos and sorotec are very similar, except the hefty price difference, they have same form factor, down to the T, similar software as well, reminds me of powmr and makeskyblue CC, na so dem dey, only time will tell who copied who grin grin

They copied each other, but I'll still go for a Makeskyblue. I've seen it withstand abuse that will kill other charge controllers, eg someone once connected 3.2kw @24v to the SCC. SCC just stopped giving output. Only to start working when the panel was reduced to 2.5kw! It's a lil monster.

I agree most of these inverters from Growatt, MPP all have similar features, just chose your poison grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JustCryptos: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2020
GeorgeD1:
after two straight days of relentless rainfall, the sun came out in full force yesterday.
it was happy days at last as modules greedily pumped out juice after juice topping

Hello GeorgeD1, thanks for this thread. I spent all night reading from page one. How has your system been from day 1?

Using your calculations on page 1, I came up with a minimum of 12kwh as my energy requirement.

What's my best bet with a budget of 500k for a start? I can lower some of the load. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:31am On Sep 04, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, I do think the market perceives a clear quality differential between the European origin Steca and Phocos vs Axpert and it's Asian clones.

The EU origin products are perceived to be more robust, stable and with better features overall.

One of my biggest issues is in-country aftersales support and parts when the product eventually breaks. I don't want to be waiting on replacement boards or parts to arrive.

earthrealm:

All these inverters just dey copy themselves. kiekies phoccos and sorotec are very similar, except the hefty price difference, they have same form factor, down to the T, similar software as well, reminds me of powmr and makeskyblue CC, na so dem dey, only time will tell who copied who grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2020
GeorgeD1:

Uncle George long time no see/hear

What is your battery/panels setup like now.

So that people like us can grow up to be like you one day

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Hmmmmmmm, I do think the market perceives a clear quality differential between the European origin Steca and Phocos vs Axpert and it's Asian clones.

The EU origin products are perceived to be more robust, stable and with better features overall.

One of my biggest issues is in-country aftersales support and parts when the product eventually breaks. I don't want to be waiting on replacement boards or parts to arrive.

Apart from felicity I don't think any other official aftersales support outlets exist for the rest; including the MPP, phocos and the big wigs victrons, magnum etc. So replacement parts process will be similar for all of them when the need arise.

What is only debatable is durability.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2020
YoungBrain:

Uncle George long time no see/hear

What is your battery/panels setup like now.

So that people like us can grow up to be like you one day

brother,
really its been a while. though i may appear to be absent from the thread at times, my spirit, my soul still
breathes solar.
i tactically stopped making reference to my system size long ago in order not to appear to gloat. some here
might even misinterpret it as showboating. even the solar harvests that i post from time to time is just a way
of encouraging a few of us here who still look at solar with hidden doubt, not too sure of its possibilities. it's
my own way of saying, "hey, it's possible. solar is real".
that said, i have a very robust system comprising 48 solar panels total nominal capacity about 15kw. batteries
used to be 12pcs 260ah zenith lead acid totaling 780ah until earlier this year when i did an upgrade.
i will be posting details of this in the next few days along with pictures.

7 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
GeorgeD1:

brother,
really its been a while. though i may appear to be absent from the thread at times, my spirit, my soul still
breathes solar.
i tactically stopped making reference to my system size long ago in order not to appear to gloat. some here
might even misinterpret it as showboating. even the solar harvests that i post from time to time is just a way
of encouraging a few of us here who still look at solar with hidden doubt, not too sure of its possibilities. it's
my own way of saying, "hey, it's possible. solar is real".
that said, i have a very robust system comprising 48 solar panels total nominal capacity about 15kw. batteries
used to be 12pcs 260ah zenith lead acid totaling 780ah
until earlier this year when i did an upgrade.
i will be posting details of this in the next few days along with pictures.

Sir, just open an electricity distribution company already! grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
lolz bros! this is still small nah compared to the system size of other peeps.
i still be learner where david poz and co dey oh.
i believe system sizing should be on as needed basis and each home have their
own peculiar energy needs different from the others. so for instance, as a single
person living alone, i might get by with as little a system size of 1.5kw but a
guy with large family and having a lot of critical loads to run will struggle with
a system 5 times that size.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
earthrealm:

@ ceaser, so you can actually mix different packs from different sources, without issue?.

I did o. Coupled two 12v 120ah from different sources in parallel. The two na LFP so I wasn't worried.

In fact, I have a DIYed a Li-ion 18/6/50 pack of 7s 24v 38ah connected in parallel to a 24v LFP for about a month now. Back has evidently increased.

The downside I foresee is that the 18/65/0 pack may not charge fully (recommended 29.4v @ 4.2v per cell) because of the CC setting which I have programmed at the recommended for the LFP (28.8v to 29v). The Low Voltage Disconnect for both packs is at 24.2v which is well above the allowable by the BMSes of both packs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
earthrealm:

Battery less, specs not bad but a very untested brand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: rajo4real(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.