Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2101411 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

330k plus, but Valtos sorotec is about 50k cheaper, similar specs.
Ooh, the mighty MPP doesnt hv a lithium profile, interesting.
So your workaround is that you set the bulk and float to be roughly the same value.
This would work for devices with editable charge voltage settings. My 4yr old mustpower and highpower inverters dont have that capability .
Guess i would have to sell them off, when that te comes

Or you buy a charger that has the ability to adjust voltage and current.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
mctfopt:

exactly, that's what he need. i think ojeysky, have that type of charger for sale
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
mctfopt:

Yeah, that should work. Set the inverter to 0 charge and hook up the standalone charger, 75 to 100amps 48v would be ideal, but not common am certain. Ojeyskys seems to be 40amps or so
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

Yeah, its not gonna be cheap, when you factor in shipping and all, plus tying down funds for an indefinite periods, its in same price point as sorotec, sorotec has 3.2kw 48v variant, which is gr8. 90amps mppt, while this is 100amps mppt.

I laff.

Well, if 330k is the set price, then maybe it'll be more reasonable to import it via online retail store like AliExpress. Better still, save much more by going the Alibaba wholesale platform.

Although if one isn't prepared to go thru the hassles of waiting, clearing and customs, then @futurenix clearly wins the contest.

This is 5.5kw 48v 100amp MPPT with WiFi dongle for less the price point of 3.2kw Sorotec, or better put the price point our dealers have it on offer for.

earthrealm:

@ house, is there a way to use a non lithium batteey specific inverter and Cc to charge lithuim battery?.
I think for cc, one can maybe play with the bulk and absorb time and voltage settings to get it work for lithuim, but for inverter.. seems no show.

If your battery is 12v, you may have a little bit of challenge. However if it's 24v system then your existing 24v lead acid charger on the inverter may suffice. Most 24v LFPs top at 29v, a few go to 29.1v. NMC batteries max at 29.4v (though NMC is not the subject of discussion at th moment). It seems chargers on most 24v inverter allow configuration of boost and float charges to within the 29v range, so perhaps such inverter can be used with LFP.

This is me assuming of course.

Valto:
my sorotec 24V 3kva is 255k firm!
the 48V 3.2kva version is 275k firm!
the 48v 5.5kva version is 295k firm!( touchscreen lcd display) virtually all parameters/settings are adjustable via the touchscreen lcd display

Woah. Just seeing this.

Valto's Sorotec is trying.

But wait. Is the Sorotec with a WiFi dongle included? And does it have batteryless function?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

Yeah, that should work. Set the inverter to 0 charge and hook up the standalone charger, 75 to 100amps 48v would be ideal, but not common am certain. Ojeyskys seems to be 40amps or so

The lithium chargers I have are not 48v. I have them in 12v variants
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

I saw a nice one (50A@0-48v) but price is not that "friendly"

Valto:
exactly, that's what he need. i think ojeysky, have that type of charger for sale

Yeah I think I saw that too, one for 12V
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
ceaser:

Well, if 330k is the set price, then maybe it'll be more reasonable to import it via online retail store like AliExpress. Better still, save much more by going the Alibaba wholesale platform.
going by the price of the particular one u posted, it will cost almost 300 to 350k to land in Nigeria(customs fees inclusive) the MPS-V-PLUS 5.5kva with wifi is 487usd + 191usd dhl shipping total of 678usd/with about 20 to 30k customs duties.

Valto's Sorotec is trying.

But wait. Is the Sorotec with a WiFi dongle included? And does it have batteryless function?
the wifi dongle is included, and offcourse batteryless function and dedicated lithium profile.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
Valto:
going by the price of the particular one u posted, it will cost almost 300 to 350k to land in Nigeria(customs fees inclusive) the MPS-V-PLUS 5.5kva with wifi is 487usd + 191usd dhl shipping total of 678usd/with about 20 to 30k customs duties.

the wifi dongle is included, and offcourse batteryless function and dedicated lithium profile.

Waoh. Cool

"Battle of the batteryless hybrids" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
ojeysky:

It does that but more importantly it has solar charge controller inbuilt the inverter
Ohh, now I know why it comes expensive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:07am On Sep 06, 2020
We have good inverter and MPPT dat will fit in to these amount very sure product WhatsApp me 08028074483
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:18am On Sep 06, 2020
We sale d best charges PWM AND MPPT at good rate and with 3years guarantee on it WhatsApp 08028074483
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 1:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Hello all, please i have RIDE PLUS tubular batteries 220ah 12v *2 with 2* 300watts pv, but when ever there is solar input or phcn input it will constant at 27.6 volt and once there are no input from any of the source it will drastically reduce to 25.2 or 25v. and stable on 25v for long before it will started to drop gradually depend on the loan on it. my question are the batteries ok? they are new battery that are less than a month.
please your input will be very appreciated.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 1:38am On Sep 06, 2020
Yes it can be used and we sell dem too WhatsApp 08028074483
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Andreda1st: 5:21am On Sep 06, 2020
Good morning everyone
Please between these two inverter systems which is best:
1. A 24v inverter with two 220ah flooded batteries
Or
2. A 48v inverter with 4 gacia 150ah batteries

Note: the total load is around 400watts but that is only if all loads are put on at the same time minus freezer. Charging will be done through grid for now while solar panels will be implemented later on.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:09am On Sep 06, 2020
abbeymighty:
Hello all, please i have RIDE PLUS tubular batteries 220ah 12v *2 with 2* 300watts pv, but when ever there is solar input or phcn input it will constant at 27.6 volt and once there are no input from any of the source it will drastically reduce to 25.2 or 25v. and stable on 25v for long before it will started to drop gradually depend on the loan on it. my question are the batteries ok? they are new battery that are less than a month.
please your input will be very appreciated.

The issue is likely the charging voltage setpoints on your inverter and charge controller. Am suspecting you have a hybrid. For most flooded batterys, they are usually happy with 13.8v float, 14.5v absorb.
Send a pic of your cc and inverter...

Yoy may need to adjust the charging voltage, as your batterys will ssulphate prematurely and die if you continue charging them at suboptimal voltages
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2020
Andreda1st:
Good morning everyone
Please between these two inverter systems which is best:
1. A 24v inverter with two 220ah flooded batteries
Or
2. A 48v inverter with 4 gacia 150ah batteries

Note: the total load is around 400watts but that is only if all loads are put on at the same time minus freezer. Charging will be done through grid for now while solar panels will be implemented later on.

480w is about the max load, you should put on 2 x 220ah batts, going by the optimistic c/10 discharge rates however c/20 is the recommend ed discharge rate, so that would be abt 240w.. to ensure longer life of the battery.
4 x 150ah is a slightly bigger bank than 2 x 220ah.but am more comfortable with the flooded batterys ability to withstand abuse, more than the sealed battery.

I hope your inverter is capable of charging & periodically equalizing flooded batts

48v setup is a more preferable/affordable setup, if you intend to add solar in the future
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 6:39am On Sep 06, 2020
earthrealm:

The issue is likely the charging voltage setpoints on your inverter and charge controller. Am suspecting you have a hybrid. For most flooded batterys, they are usually happy with 13.8v float, 14.5v absorb.
Send a pic of your cc and inverter...

Yoy may need to adjust the charging voltage, as your batterys will ssulphate prematurely and die if you continue charging them at suboptimal voltages
this is the pic of the CC, it is 40a while the inverter is mercury 2.4kva modified sine wave with 20a charging capacity. Both charge faster to reach 27.6v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Andreda1st: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2020
earthrealm:

480w is about the max load, you should put on 2 x 220ah batts, going by the optimistic c/10 discharge rates however c/20 is the recommend ed discharge rate, so that would be abt 240w.. to ensure longer life of the battery.
4 x 150ah is a slightly bigger bank than 2 x 220ah.but am more comfortable with the flooded batterys ability to withstand abuse, more than the sealed battery.

I hope your inverter is capable of charging & periodically equalizing flooded batts

48v setup is a more preferable/affordable setup, if you intend to add solar in the future

Thanks for the response.
The offer I got was a genus 2kva 24v inverter and 2 flooded batteries. (Am not sure if it's an inverter that has periodical equalization capabilities)

While

The second is a 5kva axpert type hybrid inverter and 4 150ah gacia batteries. (The 5kva inverter was given to me by a friend since last year and has been lying around in the box. I would only need to pay for the 4 batteries and installation)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2020
We sell good batteries at good rate WhatsApp 08028074483
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2020
Andreda1st:

Thanks for the response.
The offer I got was a genus 2kva 24v inverter and 2 flooded batteries. (Am not sure if it's an inverter that has periodical equalization capabilities)

While

The second is a 5kva axpert type hybrid inverter and 4 150ah gacia batteries. (The 5kva inverter was given to me by a friend since last year and has been lying around in the box. I would only need to pay for the 4 batteries and installation)
i think u should go for the 5kva inverter, since u already have it down, just buy the 4batteries(if possible 200ah)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2020
Does anybody have RJ45 to USB cable for sale here? I want to use it for my Epever Triron3210 CC.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Andreda1st: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Valto:
i think u should go for the 5kva inverter, since u already have it down, just buy the 4batteries(if possible 200ah)
Alright thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rexage: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
Good afternoon house,

I need your inputs here, please.

Rexage:
Hello All,

I'm planning on building an inverter system for my home, and I already got 4pcs 12V 150AH ritar batteries. I have also made up my mind to go for Yingli solar panels.

I need advice and reviews on good and reliable inverters (3.5KVA) and mppt cc within a 250k budget (for both).

I' d also like to know the pros and cons of the 24V and 48V systems as I'm yet to finally decide on which to adopt.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Yes ke....I have focken setup 1.5kw of solar + 3kv mppdolar + prepaid meter. NEPA has been brought under focken control. grin

ceaser:

Your approach will only be viable if focken NEPA has issued you a prepaid meter and you have it installed. The way to completely foccck NEPA upside down is by generating your own supply for free, helped by mother nature's blazing ball of light.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
IYGEAL:
Does anybody have RJ45 to USB cable for sale here? I want to use it for my Epever Triron3210 CC.
yes I have 08028074483
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
earthrealm:

Hello sir,

What is the difference between flooded and sealed batteries? Can you share pictorial examples, if possible?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
please your input will be very appreciated

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
wilmaria14:
yes I have 08028074483

You just registered on 6th September 2020 on nairaland.

Tell me the price and your location.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
IYGEAL:

You just registered on 6th September 2020 on nairaland.
Tell me the price and your location.
eye opener.........

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
If your interested in hybrid 3.2KW or 3.5KW, contact me and you will get change from your budget with peace of mind.

Rexage:
Good afternoon house,

I need your inputs here, please.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
futurenix:
Price is 300k only for the 5.5KW
Yes it can work with Lithium battery ,has battery equalization, batteryless function and can charge from both solar and utility same time or prioritize one as you want.

Modified:
3.2KW ,24V with 4000W max PV array
3.5KW ,24V with 5000W max PV array
5KW, 48V with 5000W max PV array and
5.5KW, 48V with 6000W max PV array
all available @ discounted prices.

Pay on delivery if upto 3 orders are from same State.

Not8one8one6seven1nine7nine

Please add your price for each of the versions. Folks should be adding prices to their stuff na grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
2 units of victron smart BMV 712 with 500A shunt and temperature sensor still available.

(1) (2) (3) ... (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: bbally, Gshems, dannybrasky(m), moneyest(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.