Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2100520 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Felicity 100a MPPT hybrid inverter. 5kva
Must power 10kva

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
ceaser:

Battery less, specs not bad but a very untested brand.

NGN 337,212.02 | 2020 new design solar inverter recharger Pure sine wave 10kva off grid inverter with MPPT charge controller
https://a.aliexpress.com/_eMhMUf
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by YoungBrain: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
GeorgeD1:

brother,
really its been a while. though i may appear to be absent from the thread at times, my spirit, my soul still
breathes solar.
i tactically stopped making reference to my system size long ago in order not to appear to gloat. some here
might even misinterpret it as showboating. even the solar harvests that i post from time to time is just a way
of encouraging a few of us here who still look at solar with hidden doubt, not too sure of its possibilities. it's
my own way of saying, "hey, it's possible. solar is real".
that said, i have a very robust system comprising 48 solar panels total nominal capacity about 15kw. batteries
used to be 12pcs 260ah zenith lead acid totaling 780ah until earlier this year when i did an upgrade.
i will be posting details of this in the next few days along with pictures.

Ok bros

We look forward to seeing pictures of your upgrade

If I had known what I know now like 10yrs ago . I for don go very far by now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
ceaser:

Hmmn.What will happen on days when there is no sunshine because I am assuming since there is no battery then no form of storage!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have this hybrid inverter for those who are interested. 3.2KW, 3.5KW, 5KW and 5.5KW. All have power factor of 1, wifi device and can operate without battery.

Currently connected one and I am using it.

Boards are readily available ( both MPPT and main board)

ceaser:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
futurenix:
I have this hybrid inverter for those who are interested. 3.2KW, 3.5KW, 5KW and 5.5KW. All have power factor of 1, wifi device and can operate without battery.

Can you please show the nameplate specifications and datasheet?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Smart Bulbs have arrived!
Since NEPA has learnt to be focken mad & raise tarrifs without providing power, I too have learnt to be focken smart & use energy efficient devices with automation. Nonsense. grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
ceaser:

similar architecture and form as SOROTEC & Phocos, same wifi dongle design even.

about durability and availability of spares/after sales support, my mustpower 4kva is over 4yrs, no downtime within this period. even epsolar cc, over 5yrs, not 1 single problem n still going storng, meanwhile my more expensive morningstar kicked the bucket, cos i prolly exceeded the Voc rating. contacted morning star corp usa, and they said they no longer offer support for that model.., thus it lies in my junkyard, waiting for the day i wil go to alaba and have dem boys finger it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
omotoda:

Hmmn.What will happen on days when there is no sunshine because I am assuming since there is no battery then no form of storage!

you can use the battreyless mode for unique applications, like to power a community borehole pump connected to an overhead tank. it fills the tank on sunny days, so people can fetch when they need. imagine the cost savings, assuming the sumo is 3hp pump, the size of battery one would have had to install to carry it

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
ANT BMS, Lithium chargers, smart 4s BMS, balancers, victron BMV 712 and bus bars still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Victron has an authorised dealer and service center here in Nigerian. A number of independent resellers also stock parts and have expertise to repair fix issues.

Magnum, SMA e.t c also have sellers who stock products, parts and can perform repairs.

The difference between the big name brands and your independent/niche imports is that the name brands have wide acceptance and a large user base - people will always stock parts for stuff that everyone buys/uses regularly.

ojeysky:

Apart from felicity I don't think any other official aftersales support outlets exist for the rest; including the MPP, phocos and the big wigs victrons, magnum etc. So replacement parts process will be similar for all of them when the need arise.

What is only debatable is durability.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
That's the nameplate on the 5.5KW

dapsyra:

Can you please show the nameplate specifications and datasheet?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
futurenix:

Impressive
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:45am On Sep 05, 2020
omotoda:

It's an option. You can decide to have your batteries connected to it too. But it can also work without batteries, an ability which most other inverters don't have.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:51am On Sep 05, 2020
litaninja:
Smart Bulbs have arrived!
Since NEPA has learnt to be focken mad & raise tarrifs without providing power, I too have learnt to be focken smart & use energy efficient devices with automation. Nonsense. grin

Your approach will only be viable if focken NEPA has issued you a prepaid meter and you have it installed. The way to completely foccck NEPA upside down is by generating your own supply for free, helped by mother nature's blazing ball of light.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:59am On Sep 05, 2020
dapsyra:

Impressive

The only reason I posted it, and which I laid emphasis on with the uploaded screenshot juxtaposed with the phrase "specs not bad" is because I believe it should be a lot more easier on price than Sorotec and Phocos even for the fact that they are the same form factor - note the price on the screenshot photo I uploaded. And when shipping is added, the price is still not bad.

I even already have the "5.5kw 48v with WiFi dongle option" added to my cart. The only downside I initially foresaw was the absence of user review but then that has been laid to rest by @ futurenix.

And it's good he even has units on offer. Let's hope he does not do ”and co" with dem Sorotec and Phocos with his price tag.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:14am On Sep 05, 2020
futurenix:

No number to contact you.
Post price lets see, if we will port go there grin grin
Team chinese cheapie grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

No number to contact you.
Post price lets see, if we will port go there grin grin
Team chinese cheapie grin grin angry

@ the bolded first. Then anyone willing to hookup will seek his digits.

Or isn't that the way it's done here?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:23am On Sep 05, 2020
futurenix:

For those looking for 48v hybrids this looks interesting, the spec sheet will also be helpful data on efficiency rates and whether it does combined charging plus charge profile options will be a good to know information for me.

Edit: I have seen the data page shared by @ceaser it has a lithium charging profile as well. Wow! This could be the deal breaker in the chinco world grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2020
Morning guys I want to get something clear.the term hybrid inverter does it mean it can be used to charge the battery with electricity while it can still convert DC to AC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Victron has an authorised dealer and service center here in Nigerian. A number of independent resellers also stock parts and have expertise to repair fix issues.

Magnum, SMA e.t c also have sellers who stock products, parts and can perform repairs.

The difference between the big name brands and your independent/niche imports is that the name brands have wide acceptance and a large user base - people will always stock parts for stuff that everyone buys/uses regularly.

Okay this is news to me, as to expertise to fix I think one can find that for most of the inverter variants it's just how much one is willing check.
Meanwhile I just noticed victron has hybrids as well. The 48v version sure looks interesting.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2020
ceaser:

I could bet that I saw price quoted before at about 330k+ but I can't seem to find it again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2020
funshyboi:
Morning guys I want to get something clear.the term hybrid inverter does it mean it can be used to charge the battery with electricity while it can still convert DC to AC.

It does that but more importantly it has solar charge controller inbuilt the inverter

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2020
ojeysky:

I could bet that I saw price quoted before at about 330k+ but I can't seem to find it again.

Yeah, its not gonna be cheap, when you factor in shipping and all, plus tying down funds for an indefinite periods, its in same price point as sorotec, sorotec has 3.2kw 48v variant, which is gr8. 90amps mppt, while this is 100amps mppt.

@ house, is there a way to use a non lithium batteey specific inverter and Cc to charge lithuim battery?.
I think for cc, one can maybe play with the bulk and absorb time and voltage settings to get it work for lithuim, but for inverter.. seems no show.

Ayam tired, upon the hefty money am gonna spend on lithuim, to still add buying new inverter/cc to the budget get as e be o.
Mek una advice

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2020
Many average to high end inverters allow you to manually configure your charge rate.

What's your present inverter type?

earthrealm:

Yeah, its not gonna be cheap, when you factor in shipping and all, plus tying down funds for an indefinite periods, its in same price point as sorotec, sorotec has 3.2kw 48v variant, which is gr8. 90amps mppt, while this is 100amps mppt.

@ house, is there a way to use a non lithium batteey specific inverter and Cc to charge lithuim battery?.
I think for cc, one can maybe play with the bulk and absorb time and voltage settings to get it work for lithuim, but for inverter.. seems no show.

Ayam tired, upon the hefty money am gonna spend on lithuim, to still add buying new inverter/cc to the budget get as e be o.
Mek una advice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2020
ojesymsym:
Many average to high end inverters allow you to manually configure your charge rate.

What's your present inverter type?

Me and high end inverter do dey waka same road grin grin grin. I am a cheap skate when it comes to such things, however they must be functional and reliable.
Mustpower transformer type 4kva 48v, highpower/YIY 5kva 48v. Fangpusun 70a victron clone CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

If the price is 330k+ I will say it's a great deal so long as it's does what is listed in that spec sheet. I will be interested in its power consumption from a user of the inverter.

Mek una advice

Ofcourse, my MPP GK does not have a lithium profile and that's what I use for my battery. I basically charge my 25.6v LFP up to 27.4v and it floats at that voltage as well. That has worked fine for me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:18am On Sep 05, 2020
ojeysky:

If the price is 330k+ I will say it's a great deal so long as it's does what is listed in that spec sheet. I will be interested in its power consumption from a user of the inverter.

Ofcourse, my MPP GK does not have a lithium profile and that's what I use for my battery. I basically charge my 25.6v LFP up to 27.4v and it floats at that voltage as well. That has worked fine for me.

330k plus, but Valtos sorotec is about 50k cheaper, similar specs.
Ooh, the mighty MPP doesnt hv a lithium profile, interesting.
So your workaround is that you set the bulk and float to be roughly the same value.
This would work for devices with editable charge voltage settings. My 4yr old mustpower and highpower inverters dont have that capability .
Guess i would have to sell them off, when that te comes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2020
earthrealm:

330k plus, but Valtos sorotec is about 50k cheaper, similar specs.

But I thought that was 24v and the other one is 48v, did I miss something?

Ooh, the mighty MPP doesnt hv a lithium profile, interesting.
So your workaround is that you set the bulk and float to be roughly the same value.
This would work for devices with editable charge voltage settings. My 4yr old mustpower and highpower inverters dont have that capability .
Guess i would have to sell them off, when that te comes

It has profile for some specific lithium such as pylontech but not for generic lithium like mine. You certainly need to change inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rexage: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2020
Hello All,

I'm planning on building an inverter system for my home, and I already got 4pcs 12V 150AH ritar batteries. I have also made up my mind to go for Yingli solar panels.

I need advice and reviews on good and reliable inverters (3.5KVA) and mppt cc within a 250k budget (for both).

I' d also like to know the pros and cons of the 24V and 48V systems as I'm yet to finally decide on which to adopt.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2020

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
Price is 300k only for the 5.5KW
Yes it can work with Lithium battery ,has battery equalization, batteryless function and can charge from both solar and utility same time or prioritize one as you want.

Modified:
3.2KW ,24V with 4000W max PV array
3.5KW ,24V with 5000W max PV array
5KW, 48V with 5000W max PV array and
5.5KW, 48V with 6000W max PV array
all available @ discounted prices.

Pay on delivery if upto 3 orders are from same State.

ceaser:

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (1715) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: moneyest(m), ayo1984, swagifted(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.