Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2091013 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
IYGEAL:

Can I see a picture? Is it the xx2 series?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
adrusa:

It is a double protection. Set equalization voltage to float voltage and then disable equalization. Setting equalization voltage to float protects your battery if equalization is mistakenly enabled either by unsteady finger or any such other mistakes.

Sharp guy grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2020
IYGEAL:

Okay. The setup currently has Luminous 850VA. I think they are basically similar.

Similar in what sense? Bros they're worlds apart.....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
adrusa:

It is a double protection. Set equalization voltage to float voltage and then disable equalization. Setting equalization voltage to float protects your battery if equalization is mistakenly enabled either by unsteady finger or any such other mistakes.

Okay I see your point, assuming that float voltage is already low enough yes that should work
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ceaser01: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please where can I get either module? They look like they would fit my need.

I am wary of the Victron battery protect since it disconnects the DC side of things and appears to work safely in only one direction - the literature indicates it may burn up if the direction of current reverses.

At the risk of getting bot-banned

This guy's shipping is fairly quick. Reaches Nigerian within 3 weeks, but I guess you may need yours on emergency basis. I'm not sure it is available with any local vendor.

Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your NGN 382.00 in coupons are here!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSucBA

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
IYGEAL:

Does this Ceepro have up to 1000Watts capacity?
Yes it does, you can search Google for the seller's number, just type 'ceepro inverter'
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=Valto post=95863669][/quote]

How much is it though?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Penuelseun:
Yes it does, you can search Google for the seller's number, just type 'ceepro inverter'

Spoke at length with him already. He doesn't have 1kva. He's doing a good work though and I may consider the 600VA if it comes down to that.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Similar in what sense? Bros they're worlds apart.....

Well, they both have similar transformer, comparable in size too. The capacity of the icell is clearly bigger.

I would like to know more vital differences really.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ceaser01: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ceaser01:

At the risk of getting bot-banned

This guy's shipping is fairly quick. Reaches Nigerian within 3 weeks, but I guess you may need yours on emergency basis. I'm not sure it is available with any local vendor.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSucBA

This is in my watchlist of what may also work.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0YoGg

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
ojeysky:
BMV 712 with 500A shunt, aux cable, long comms cable, temp sensor - 125k

12.8v 280AH LFP pack with 40A utility charger - 350k

Bus bars, 7s to 16s ANT BMS, 4s smart BMS, balancers(4s, 8s, 16s)

080-three 5-23-3535

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Splendid9001: 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2020
resolved

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 11:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
IYGEAL:

Spoke at length with him already. He doesn't have 1kva. He's doing a good work though and I may consider the 600VA if it comes down to that.
Ok, that's good
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 4:09am On Nov 10, 2020
Monlo:
Good morning @all.
Celebrating the arrival of my newly acquired Lithium Ba3s.
Courtesy @Juo,I give him kudos for his sincerity,as I never called him in transacting this bussiness,everything was done via WhatsApp.
This goes a long way to show we still have good Nigerians doing there legitimate bussinesses online and not the opposite.Even though am still in love with my Lead acid ba3s having served me meritoriously,I will be putting them on sale......
Watch out!!!

Sun energy rules....
Please any feedback on your new lithium batteries setup? The Pros,Cons and personal feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:14am On Nov 10, 2020
Anyone who knows where I can get or has battery casing for sale should quote. I need something with 10inch tall and 14 inch wide (+/- 1)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:42am On Nov 10, 2020
mcTrinity:

Bros, the bolded happening is very rare. When you hear CCs that have died, it's due to either not properly sized or battery breaker tripping and blowing the stuff. In ALL my installations over the years, no single CC has ever had issue. They're quite built to last. And that is why they're not meant to be repaired; but to be replaced if it goes bad.

But there are, and there would, always be cases of inverter failures, resulting from numerous factors. An inverter can wake up and decide not to function again! grin just like that o...

So, now compare when your standalone inverter have issue and u still have ur standalone CC keeping ur batteries healthy and when ur hybrid have issue and nothing remain... Ur battery is good as dead

As for the copy aspect, we know that's not rational. Someone can't just decide to buy two systems just because he's anticipating failure. We're looking at a system that is more reliable, Flexible, and most importantly, batteryLife-friendly

Responding to this extensively earlier got me a bot ban, let me summarise and hopefully this goes fine.

I should have added "vice versa" to the post as I didn't intend to cover just the situation where CC goes bad alone. From you response I can see that standalone is motivated largely for "battery safety" by keeping it at float. If it's not the CC that spoilt and if it's LA battery yes that is very valid. Though am not sure why just 2 to 6 weeks of no charge will easily kill a good LA with some juice in it.

However it still means neither the hybrid user or the standalone user has electricity supply which is the main reason we set-up renewable energy. I also do not like the sound of locking down money by procuring backup equipment grin but it's certainly the rational thing to do if an uninterrupted electricity is desired. Even the big wigs like the victrons spoil and I don't think some hybrids are like Windows OS that just decide to stop working. When my MPP packed up, I had an idea of what caused the failure and that was important for me.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 5:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Penuelseun:
Don't try microtech if your battery bank is low as it is a power guzzler, I personally use ceepro inverter, no load consumption is 8w, albeit no charger
Thanks. unable to get ceepro in Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:25am On Nov 10, 2020
ojeysky:
Anyone who knows where I can get or has battery casing for sale should quote. I need something with 10inch tall and 14 inch wide (+/- 1)

There's a NL guy that once tried to help me organize a casing for 8s 105ah LFP for 8k, if I remember well. Perhaps he may be of some help.

090six 84four 8zerozerofive

He does some LFP assembling and has a thread on NL. But I've not transacted any deals with him before unlike our own LFP guy that has been tested and trusted.

https://www.nairaland.com/5757093/lifepo4-prismatic-cells-available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 8:55am On Nov 10, 2020
Splendid9001:
@wilmaria14, thanks for the delivery, of this 100ah battery down here in oyo
for good quality product, @wilmaria14 is your guy.
thanks again,you can always trust him, We will do more Business definitely Sir. He’s got the best price on this forum try him and see.[color=#990000][/color]
thanks man
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2020
ceaser:

There's a NL guy that once tried to help me organize a casing for 8s 105ah LFP for 8k, if I remember well. Perhaps he may be of some help.

090six 84four 8zerozerofive

He does some LFP assembling and has a thread on NL. But I've not transacted any deals with him before unlike our own LFP guy that has been tested and trusted.

https://www.nairaland.com/5757093/lifepo4-prismatic-cells-available

Thanks I reached out but he is out of stock on my spec
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
80A DC circuit breaker(brand new)

63A DC circuit breaker(used)

40A AC circuit breaker (used)

HA02 48v battery balancer (used)

125A automatic transfer switch 2pole(brand new)

100A automatic transfer switch 4pole(brand new)

[s] fangupsun blue solar charge controller MPPT 50A with the display meter(used)[/s] sold

lcd battery monitor with 100A shunt (used)

digital timer switch din rail (used)

all used ones are very clean and working perfectly and for sale @affordable prices. can be easily waybilled to anywhere.
whatsapp 080-8541-5985.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
Brand new Morningstar CC (MPPT 60A) for sale.

Price - 240k and negotiable

Contact - 08081144442/sales@luminanttechsystems.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by monchazfarms: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2020
Valto:
icellpower 12V 1.5KVA pure sine wave inverter, though with transformer, but idle consumption is around 10 to 12W....comes with 20A charger. battery settings, charging parameters, input and output settings are all customizable. i have a very clean used one for sale @affordable price.

How much?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Got a 120A Felicity Charge Controller from @justcallmenuel last weekend for a good price. I was a bit crossed with him because he didn't keep up with his promised delivery timelines. He promised he can dispatch same day, but I didn't get the controller until 3-days later and I needed it urgently because one of my CCs just crapped on me without warning.

But, I'm ultimately happy with the purchase. Thank you @justcallmenuel.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2020
I pushed my 5.5KVA Hybrid Inverter to the limit to test it's ability to handle load. I ran three 1HP Aircon, two 1200w water heater, one big deep freezer and a 4-door refrigerator on it simultaneously. It handled like breeze. These hybrid inverters have really come of age.

I stopped at 5211VA, not because the inverter cannot handle more but I simply ran out of loads.

See the peak data on the attached image.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Valto:
80A DC circuit breaker(brand new)

63A DC circuit breaker(used)

40A AC circuit breaker (used)

HA02 48v battery balancer (used)

125A automatic transfer switch 2pole(brand new)

100A automatic transfer switch 4pole(brand new)

[s] fangupsun blue solar charge controller MPPT 50A with the display meter(used)[/s] sold

lcd battery monitor with 100A shunt (used)

digital timer switch din rail (used)

all used ones are very clean and working perfectly and for sale @affordable prices. can be easily waybilled to anywhere.
whatsapp 080-8541-5985.

How much is the ats 2 pole
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2020
dapsyra:
I pushed my 5.5KVA Hybrid Inverter to the limit to test it's ability to handle load. I ran three 1HP Aircon, two 1200w water heater, one big deep freezer and a 4-door refrigerator on it simultaneously. It handled like breeze. These hybrid inverters have really come of age.

I stopped at 5211VA, not because the inverter cannot handle more but I simply ran out of loads.

See the peak data on the attached image.

Be careful in the future. Wify once destroyed an inverter by running it overcapacity. Instead of the thing shutting down, it kept working, the wires started getting hot and suddenly there were smokes everywhere. Thank God only the inverter got incinerated.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2020
zeestone99:

How much is the ats 2 pole

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justin288: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Trippledots:

bro how is your battery bank performing?
Doing very well, the whole house is on the bank.
Sorry for late response, i will add another row by weekend.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2020
adrusa:

Be careful in the future. Wify once destroyed an inverter by running it overcapacity. Instead of the thing shutting down, it kept working, the wires started getting hot and suddenly there were smokes everywhere. Thank God only the inverter got incinerated.

@Bold
Sure! It was a test that lasted about 5minutes only and the inverter temperature peaked at 53deg. C

(1) (2) (3) ... (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.