Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2102337 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) ... (1716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2020
Low voltage protect kicks in at 21V but we do not advice our clients to go below 23.5V

litaninja:
Oh nice.
Also, please what SoC / DoD would you recommend it be run to?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2020
Thank you brother.

olopan:
More power to your elbows, I see this with more improvement in the future ... Well done
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
ojeysky:

Did they write 12.5kwh on it or 280AH? because 280AH should give a little above 14KWH. This is not a bad deal if it's truly 280AH
Yeah they did.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
justcallmenuel:

Yeah they did.

Question not answered.
12.5kwh or
280ah or
Both written?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abdomox: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
Good day all.

Please I need a good used Quanta SMF-VRLA 12v 200Ah battery. One of my batteries is bad, and want to buy this to complement the good one while I prepare for purchase of new set.

Let me know if you have any in stock.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by hotdealz(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2020

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by donblanco: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
olopan:
Nice one on thinking of adding solar to your installation

BTW a 600W solar panels connected 2 x 300W on an MPPT would great as
1. You have used the sized panels to charge right

2. 40A is recommended at 12V max. Output is 520W anyways oversizing of 80W got nothing on you

3. Please note that for a 12V system... Expansion isn't as dynamic as higher voltage systems.

Hope this is helpful..

Thank you so much for this,its really helpful. Pls can u recommend any good brand of mppt cc and panel . Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
Epever AN Traces series

Jager panel
JA solar
Canadian @ Tier 1

Era solar panels
Flames
Tiger et.cetera

donblanco:
Thank you so much for this,its really helpful. Pls can u recommend any good brand of mppt cc and panel . Thanks once again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
SolnergyPower:
Low voltage protect kicks in at 21V but we do not advice our clients to go below 23.5V

✓ Are they brand new 18/65/0 cells?

✓ Soldered or spot welded?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
hotdealz:
Is this a good device to buy for a DC 20V standing fan If one has 18650 batteries?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QC-3-0-USB-DC-1-24V-Output-12x-18650-Batteries-DIY-Power-Bank-for-Laptop-Phone/224210435830?pageci=6d070f9d-64b8-4994-9334-18ce809315cb

It has adjustable voltage from 5v to 21v I think. So you need to put the voltage out at 12v else you risk burning your fan rotor. It's good but the battery case is expensive for my liking. Another good side is that it can be charged comfortably by 18v solar panel or laptop charger. And it should give you enough backup at moderate fan speed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6256269/sanwo-olu-unveils-first-locally

Full electric Hyundai car assembled by Stallion motors in Nigeria.

Lithium cells full force.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
ceaser:
https://www.nairaland.com/6256269/sanwo-olu-unveils-first-locally

Full electric Hyundai car assembled by Stallion motors in Nigeria.

Lithium cells full force.

Starting price 24m grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
ojeysky:

Starting price 24m grin

Hehehehehe.

God no go shame us.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2020
Experts in the house, pls why does a solar set up harvest more when in use ( I.e loads on them are on) than when they are not in use ( I.e when loads on them are off)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2020
godspeed:
Experts in the house, pls why does a solar set up harvest more when in use ( I.e loads on them are on) than when they are not in use ( I.e when loads on them are off)?

Because your battery has taken what it requires (to charge) and the panel/cc still have more to serve your load

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2020
godspeed:
Simple when load is on the panels it provides current or amps for the load you are using and also tries to charge your batteries the same time. It is only if your load exceeds the current generated by the panels then some amps is depleted from your batteries to add to the panels current.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
ojeysky:

Because your battery has taken what it requires (to charge) and the panel/cc still have more to serve your load

Okay.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
samnaija:

Simple when load is on the panels it provides current or amps for the load you are using and also tries to charge your batteries the same time. It is only if your load exceeds the current generated by the panels then some amps is depleted from your batteries to add to the panels current.

Thanks for the explanation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2020
Smart solar charging is a 'demand pull' application. Given optimal conditions, a 300w solar panel may be able to produce 230w but only produce say 30w while the battery is float charging and no loads on. Turn on a 200w load as additional demand and the CC will soon ask the panel to release 200w extra if it is available.

If there is sufficiently large load and/or battery charging demand, the panel will produce its maximum capacity for that given ambient, tilt and solar irradiation condition. Reduce the loads and/or battery charging demand and you will see the solar production drop too.

Simply, solar energy cannot just be created in a vacuum, there must be a load (house equipment or battery) requesting and consuming that energy.

godspeed:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 3:57am On Nov 15, 2020
Abdomox:
Good day all.

Please I need a good used Quanta SMF-VRLA 12v 200Ah battery. One of my batteries is bad, and want to buy this to complement the good one while I prepare for purchase of new set.

shocked

My Oga, do you refer to our newly purchased Luminous tubular batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 4:01am On Nov 15, 2020
mank1234:

Question not answered.
12.5kwh or
280ah or
Both written?

lol...Boss, you will not get the information you need from that bros. he is a mere middleman with little to no knowledge of the stuffs he markets here

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2020
ojeysky:
BMV 712 with 500A shunt, aux cable, long comms cable, temp sensor - 125k

12.8v 280AH LFP pack with 60A smart BMS (or 40A utility charger) - 350k

Bus bars, 7s to 16s ANT BMS, 4s smart BMS, balancers(4s, 8s, 16s)

080-three 5-23-3535

Still available with some modifications above.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 8:01am On Nov 15, 2020
I'm equally interested in the answer to this question @justcallmenuel
Try dey post exact specs of your products, preferably with pics of the nameplate.
mank1234:

Question not answered.
12.5kwh or
280ah or
Both written?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Smart solar charging is a 'demand pull' application. Given optimal conditions, a 300w solar panel may be able to produce 230w but only produce say 30w while the battery is float charging and no loads on. Turn on a 200w load as additional demand and the CC will soon ask the panel to release 200w extra if it is available.

If there is sufficiently large load and/or battery charging demand, the panel will produce its maximum capacity for that given ambient, tilt and solar irradiation condition. Reduce the loads and/or battery charging demand and you will see the solar production drop too.

Simply, solar energy cannot just be created in a vacuum, there must be a load (house equipment or battery) requesting and consuming that energy.

Exactly.

Electricity 101. What any electricity source gives out is dependent on demand. And that is why our appliances don't get burnt by the power we supply to them. Irrespective of how much current your source is capable of supplying, your appliance will just take how much it requires to function. That is why you can use a charger rated at 100A to charge an appliance rated at 10A. Only the voltage must be within acceptable range.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2020
odimbannamdi:

lol...Boss, you will not get the information you need from that bros. he is a mere middleman with little to no knowledge of the stuffs he markets here

True but he can do a nameplate picture. Why don't we get "REVIEWERS" in Nigeria who can really test out these things and give out their correct ratings?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Tolutopsy: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2020
Anyone has a used 10kva/12kva central stabilizer that picks from 80v or even lower sef?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2020
still available
Valto:
80A DC circuit breaker(brand new)

63A DC circuit breaker(used)

HA02 48v battery balancer (used)

3pcs 125A automatic transfer switch 2pole(brand new)

100A automatic transfer switch 4pole(brand new)

lcd battery monitor with 100A shunt (used)

digital timer switch din rail (used)

all used ones are very clean and working perfectly and for sale @affordable prices. can be easily waybilled to anywhere.
whatsapp 080-8541-5985.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Abdomox:
Good day all.

I have a good used 12volts 200AH Luminous ba3 available,if interested.....
Zero-8054488-three-18
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by a4cube: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Quotation of 3.5 kva solar power

2pices 12 volt 200mah battery #
3pices 250 watt mono solar panel #
1pic 3.5 kva inverter #
3.5 kva charge controller #
1roll double core solar cable #
Panel amount #
Battery lack #
Ac and battery cabl#
Labor
Total #

Pls guys is their anything wrong with this quotation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
a4cube:
Quotation of 3.5 kva solar power

2pices 12 volt 200mah battery #
3pices 250 watt mono solar panel #
1pic 3.5 kva inverter #
3.5 kva charge controller #
1roll double core solar cable #
Panel amount #
Battery lack #
Ac and battery cabl#
Labor
Total #

Pls guys is their anything wrong with this quotation.

First, your load matters most but with that inverter capacity, 750w panel is too small. I will suggest you change your inverter to 1.5kva max or increase your panel size
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Javid4me: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2020

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) ... (1716) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Queed, zenith4biz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.