Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (918) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2064828 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Sold out please.

obinna37:
pls oga Niyi still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 7:19am On Dec 25, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Sold out please.

OK sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas and a prosperous happy new year in advance to everyone on this platform.

Manuel Solar Energy Enterprises

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Good day guys. I just got a new car battery from a friend who sold his car as a scrap.

The battery is still new so I think I can be using it for my solar system (I know car batteries are not good for solar) but I can’t let the battery just get wasted like that.

Can anyone suggest a necessary recommendations I need to take so I can enjoy the battery to an extent.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2020
[quote author=funshyboi post=97420225]Good day guys. I just got a new car battery from a friend who sold his car as a scrap.

The battery is still new so I think I can be using it for my solar system (I know car batteries are not good for solar) but I can’t let the battery just get wasted like that.

Can anyone suggest a necessary recommendations I need to take so I can enjoy the battery to an extent.[/quote

You just answered your self. Browse about batteries, especially deep cycle batteries. You will now understand better.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2020
funshyboi:
Good day guys. I just got a new car battery from a friend who sold his car as a scrap.

Can anyone suggest a necessary recommendations I need to take so I can enjoy the battery to an extent.

Do you have an inverter? How many car batteries do you have? Just remember not to deeply discharge the car battery as it is not meant to be deeply discharged so that it won't drastically reduce the lifespan. If I have a free car battery, there is no way in hell I'm not going to use it. If it dies, it was free and not much loss. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
Since it is just one battery, you can either use it for a solar lighting system or for a 12V inverter system. If using it for a 12V inverter system, then in my personal experience, you can deploy for loads that run only in the afternoon, that means the loads should be matched properly to what is generated by the solar while the battery only serves as a buffer and voltage source to the charge controller

funshyboi:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
How will he use a single car battery and enjoy. Ls elaborate.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by busuyi44: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Please how do I know when my battery is fully charged?? I have a 200mah Quanta battery I charge with a 850va Luminous Inverter

Cc: ojeysky
unicmarket
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
Personally if you already have an inverter and panels, if you can't get new deep cycle batteries get tokunboh batteries and experiment.
Better than a single car battery that will die too soon..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2020
busuyi44:
Please how do I know when my battery is fully charged?? I have a 200mah Quanta battery I charge with a 850va Luminous Inverter

Cc: ojeysky
unicmarket

How many amps does your inverter provide the battery?
Try and get some self diagnosis like voltmeter and amps meter..

But without this the cheapest will be the display on the inverter. It might dispaly the voltage of your batteries has they are in absorb or float. You must have an idea your type of battery absorb or float voltages. Written on the body.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
samnaija:
Personally if you already have an inverter and panels, if you can't get new deep cycle batteries get tokunboh batteries and experiment.
Better than a single car battery that will die too soon..

I use deep cycle battery already, I just feel I should not let that car battery just go like that
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2020
ojesymsym:
Since it is just one battery, you can either use it for a solar lighting system or for a 12V inverter system. If using it for a 12V inverter system, then in my personal experience, you can deploy for loads that run only in the afternoon, that means the loads should be matched properly to what is generated by the solar while the battery only serves as a buffer and voltage source to the charge controller

I think I will be using this battery just for TV when the sun is shining then switch to my lithium during the night
How about that ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2020
mctfopt:

Do you have an inverter? How many car batteries do you have? Just remember not to deeply discharge the car battery as it is not meant to be deeply discharged so that it won't drastically reduce the lifespan. If I have a free car battery, there is no way in hell I'm not going to use it. If it dies, it was free and not much loss. Hahaha

Yes I have an inverter and charge controller already that I used with my LifePO4
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2020
funshyboi:

I use deep cycle battery already, I just feel I should not let that car battery just go like that

Let the experiment proceed, give us full updates...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2020
samnaija:

Let the experiment proceed, give us full updates...

Smiles you want to use my case for experience no wahala sha
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
funshyboi:

Smiles you want to use my case for experience no wahala sha

Haha!!! , no harm learning something new... My brother.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
I guess you have a solar system you want to dedicate to the battery? How many Watts and CC type?
funshyboi:

I think I will be using this battery just for TV when the sun is shining then switch to my lithium during the night
How about that ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
funshyboi:

Yes I have an inverter and charge controller already that I used with my LifePO4

Go ahead, do update us on how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by loffers(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
please i want to know if a 2.5kv inverter can carry a deepfreezer and other basic house appliances

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
ojesymsym:
I guess you have a solar system you want to dedicate to the battery? How many Watts and CC type?

Yes I have 2 panels 156 and 80 watts connected in parallel to 30 amp CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Great. No harm in experimenting with a less costly battery as a free one. You are indirectly protecting and prolonging the life of your main battery.
funshyboi:

Yes I have 2 panels 156 and 80 watts connected in parallel to 30 amp CC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Sold out please.

I am quite sad I missed the battery offer. I was off the forum for 48 hours and bam! It happened and I missed it!

Like I posted earlier, I am on the look out for some useful "used" batteries, between 8-12 200amps SMF will be ideal.
In the meantime, I have installed a Gennex variant of 48v 5kva hybrid with battery-less capability ( installed but not yet put to use) to bridge the gap in case we enter the new year and work resumes at the new site .
If it will not be a burden , any one with really viable batteries can post here and/or contact me on :
0 seven 0 eight 5 two 6 eight eight 4 two.
Gracias amigos and Merry Christmas!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 12:15am On Dec 26, 2020
Still in d spirit of Xmas get your
200ah 95k
150ah 70k
100ah 45k Ritar battery
From wilmaria global
What'app 09013128166
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:48am On Dec 26, 2020
funshyboi:

How many amp is the car battery pls?
At what cost?
Lets see if you can sell it off and add cash to buy a 40amp deep cycle instead.

Car batteries will work but the smell of gas that would be emitted is discouraging.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 6:14am On Dec 26, 2020
Help pls!
I v 18 pscs of lithium batteries(18650) that I extracted from laptops batteries.
Performed a small DIY small project yesterday.
I combined 3×3.7v = 11.1v and charged with 12.4v at 2amp or less lithium charger that I varied. Though it charges full according to the charger's display. No heat whatsoever during charge to full stage.

Now i discovered that the rest were 3.6v each.

3.6×3= 10.8v ----- can I charge at 12.4v?
3.6×6= 21.6v ----- can i charge little above 24v?
3.6×7= 25.2v ----- can I charge above 24v?

Can I DIY lithium ion guru help?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by funshyboi(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2020
dollarnaira:

How many amp is the car battery pls?
At what cost?
Lets see if you can sell it off and add cash to buy a 40amp deep cycle instead.

Car batteries will work but the smell of gas that would be emitted is discouraging.

It’s 75 amps battery I got it free
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
funshyboi:

It’s 75 amps battery I got it free

Its big bro
U can sell it and buy 40amp
Otherwise continue

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chimeziem(m): 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
[/s][s][s]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
[quote author=ojeysky post=97318206]

First wrong choice of CC, an mppt is better. What's the panel array configuration? I hope it's 2s3p and NOT 3s2p as that will significantly affect performance since 2 of the 6 panels has a different orientation.

Finally 270x6 is a little above 1.6kw, some 24v CC are limited to a max of between 1.4kw and 1.6kw (60A CC is actually 1.4kw) so you may be getting limitation based on that as well. In addition, you are doing 2x of your rated panel, I will say it's not too bad but you should achieve up to 3x if setup is right.

Concerning the configuration.....it's 1S6P. I discover the solar wire that enters into the controller is usually hot in the afternoon. The maximum amps observe is roughly 25amps at peak periods, meaning there are losses in the system. I have called the installer to add 2 more panels. Which would be the best configuration considering am still using pwm pending when I can get a good mppt. Should I stick to 1S8P or tell the installer to make it 2S4P. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
Concerning the configuration.....it's 1S6P. I discover the solar wire that enters into the controller is usually hot in the afternoon. The maximum amps observe is roughly 25amps at peak periods, meaning there are losses in the system. I have called the installer to add 2 more panels. Which would be the best configuration considering am still using pwm pending when I can get a good mppt. Should I stick to 1S8P or tell the installer to make it 2S4P. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: damilonya(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.